The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Keith Law's updated list of top 25 prospects in the minors...new version out today

just one yankee on the list

6. Jesus Montero, C/DH, NY Yankees. The bat is starting to come around, although he's still not performing at the level he showed the previous two years. Previous ranking: No. 9

Romine was one of 3 guys that 'Just Missed'

Dom Brown is the new #1. word

I am happy with this. Suprised Montero moved up though with his poor start. With all the type A free agents the Yankees have signed, I am very happy with their farm. Romine is going to be good. Brackman is pitching much better this year as he moves further away from TJ. McAllister, Banuelos, Nunez, Nova and Sanchez are all solid prospects as well.

jesus and the 2nd baseman david adams for cliff
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Just came here to post this. Going to be an unproductive half hour or so.

good 20-25 minutes :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Keith Law's updated list of top 25 prospects in the minors...new version out today

6. Jesus Montero, C/DH, NY Yankees. The bat is starting to come around, although he's still not performing at the level he showed the previous two years. Previous ranking: No. 9

I am happy with this. Suprised Montero moved up though with his poor start. With all the type A free agents the Yankees have signed, I am very happy with their farm. Romine is going to be good. Brackman is pitching much better this year as he moves further away from TJ. McAllister, Banuelos, Nunez, Nova and Sanchez are all solid prospects as well.

Adams is having a very solid year. I would hate for them to trade Montero when they can just sign him after the year. I can't wait to watch him hit. They won't get in on Lee
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Adams is having a very solid year. I would hate for them to trade Montero when they can just sign him after the year. I can't wait to watch him hit. They won't get in on Lee

just read it in the ny post?

just read it in the ny post?

Yeah, you're right about it being in the post, although it seems like pure speculation on Shermans part.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/06/c ... esday.html
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    great mariano story! thanks for posting that
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:

anything for a fellow cock lover :mrgreen:
    intodeep wrote:

anything for a fellow cock lover :mrgreen:
    :? as a guy that never sounds good out of context :D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I think he moved up due to guys above him graduating to the majors. he's gonna be a beast, even if it's at DH
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I think he moved up due to guys above him graduating to the majors. he's gonna be a beast, even if it's at DH

Makes sense. Yeah, I have no doubt he is going to be a stud. Struggles happen, he is young. I just hope they don't consider trading him for Lee. I trust Cashman though.
  • I haven't read the Times article yet, maybe later. here's another article on Mo, from SI and the great Tom Verducci

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/ ... /index.htm
    that game 7 against the d-backs hurts me the most

soriano hit the homer in the 8th

it was right after the trade center...the yanks were meant to win that game something got messed up in the stars

its funny any story about MO has 3 bad nights in 16 years

that sandy alomar and the jerky lead-off walk to the sux
    I haven't read the Times article yet, maybe later. here's another article on Mo, from SI and the great Tom Verducci

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/ ... /index.htm

This is a really good one.

Have not gotten around to the times one yet. Any story on Mo is so tough though because he does not say much. I hear the Times article calls Youklis a "genius hitter" and papelbon his rival. Mo has no rivals, he is the best ever.
  • I don't see any point in trading for Lee. Who do you remove from the rotation if they trade for him? Vazquez has been great of late. So unless they're trading him away as part of the deal (Not necessarily to the Mariners, as they want kids, not pending free agents) there's no spot for Lee unless you're putting AJ in the bullpen, which is not happening
    I don't see any point in trading for Lee. Who do you remove from the rotation if they trade for him? Vazquez has been great of late. So unless they're trading him away as part of the deal (Not necessarily to the Mariners, as they want kids, not pending free agents) there's no spot for Lee unless you're putting AJ in the bullpen, which is not happening

It's not going to happen, i hate seeing the yankees associated with it even if it is pure speculation. Sherman said they would then try to move Vazquez for a bat. Not happening.
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Yeah, that's him. He mentioned he was from Philly. He was pretty brutal.

haha, I guess when your team is playing no opposing announcer is good. I dont know the name of the M's other play by play guy (older guy...been around a long time). He's better than simms. It's weird, the old guy starts the game and simms finishes it.

Just remembered what he said that made me shake my head. He said the yankees "are not an especially patient lineup" Ummm.....
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,232
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Yeah, that's him. He mentioned he was from Philly. He was pretty brutal.

haha, I guess when your team is playing no opposing announcer is good. I dont know the name of the M's other play by play guy (older guy...been around a long time). He's better than simms. It's weird, the old guy starts the game and simms finishes it.

Just remembered what he said that made me shake my head. He said the yankees "are not an especially patient lineup" Ummm.....

I think he meant they weren't patient against Lee, which is true.

Anyway if you're scoring at home, this is the first time consecutive complete games have been thrown at Yankee Stadium since 5-15 to 5-16 1991 when Mark Langston and Jim Abbott turned the trick for the Angels against a lineup that looked like this

5/15/1991:

R. Kelly cf 5 0 1 0 0 2 5 0
    Sax 2b 4 0 0 0 1 0 4 4
    Mattingly 1b 4 1 2 0 0 1 5 0
    Leyritz 1b 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0
    Maas dh 3 0 2 0 1 0 0 0
    Barfield rf 4 1 1 2 0 0 4 1
    Meulens lf 3 0 0 0 1 1 1 0
    Velarde 3b,ss 2 0 1 0 2 1 0 1
    Geren c 4 0 0 0 0 1 5 0
    Espinoza ss 3 0 0 0 0 0 1 3
    Blowers 3b 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0
    Cary p 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
    Plunk p 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Howe p 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Cadaret p 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Guetterman p 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1

5/16/1991

R. Kelly cf 4 0 1 0 0 0 2 0
    Sax 2b 4 0 1 0 0 0 6 3
    Mattingly 1b 2 0 1 0 0 0 5 1
    Leyritz ph,1b 2 0 0 0 0 1 2 0
    Maas dh 4 0 0 0 0 3 0 0
    Barfield rf 4 0 0 0 0 0 1 0
    Meulens lf 3 0 3 0 0 0 4 0
    Velarde 3b 3 0 0 0 0 1 0 2
    Geren c 3 0 0 0 0 1 6 0
    Espinoza ss 3 0 1 0 0 0 0 5
    Eiland p 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0
    Plunk p 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
    Habyan p 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Howe p 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Farr p 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Guetterman p
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

it was right after the trade center...the yanks were meant to win that game something got messed up in the stars

I know you're a gambler from the flyers thread. well, I had big money on the yanks in that series. I was going crazy after the soriano HR (he was unknown at the time). Then fucking tony womack came up. Little turd.

That entire series was crazy. I was one inning away from buying a BY Kim jersey with all the money I was about to win. I wanted to bang scott brosius. Damn you tony womack, you little fuck

Wait til football season...we will talk. I LOVE GAMBLING ON SPORTS (mostly football and playoff baseball)

my best win ever was having the over in a braves/mets playoff game. robin ventura hit a walk off grand slam. I needed 2 runs for the over and when he hit it me and my roommates thought that only the winning run counted towards the total. I went to the fridge to do a shot or bong hit (it was college, don't really remember). sportscenter came on and my buddy started yelling that the final score got us the over. for some stupid reason ventura went all the way around the bases. unbelievable.

thanks for listening
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I don't see any point in trading for Lee. Who do you remove from the rotation if they trade for him? Vazquez has been great of late. So unless they're trading him away as part of the deal (Not necessarily to the Mariners, as they want kids, not pending free agents) there's no spot for Lee unless you're putting AJ in the bullpen, which is not happening

It's not going to happen, i hate seeing the yankees associated with it even if it is pure speculation. Sherman said they would then try to move Vazquez for a bat. Not happening.

They won't get too much of a bat for half a season of Vazquez. His contract is up at the end of the year. I guess they are looking for an OF who can play some and come off the bench?
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    The Fixer wrote:

I know you're a gambler from the flyers thread. well, I had big money on the yanks in that series. I was going crazy after the soriano HR (he was unknown at the time). Then fucking tony womack came up. Little turd.

That entire series was crazy. I was one inning away from buying a BY Kim jersey with all the money I was about to win. I wanted to bang scott brosius. Damn you tony womack, you little fuck

Wait til football season...we will talk. I LOVE GAMBLING ON SPORTS (mostly football and playoff baseball)

my best win ever was having the over in a braves/mets playoff game. robin ventura hit a walk off grand slam. I needed 2 runs for the over and when he hit it me and my roommates thought that only the winning run counted towards the total. I went to the fridge to do a shot or bong hit (it was college, don't really remember). sportscenter came on and my buddy started yelling that the final score got us the over. for some stupid reason ventura went all the way around the bases. unbelievable.

thanks for listening

i swear to god we had the over in that game also because i remember being confused when it happened
    we were in my friends crib with no idea how the final score was going to work :lol:
    good memories and the mets best thing in the past 20 years :mrgreen:
    The day off work to start a very long weekend and some Yankees baseball. Life is good, my friends.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,789
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The day off work to start a very long weekend and some Yankees baseball. Life is good, my friends.

good for u cliffy, enjoy ur weekend. If your not to busy do what I'm doing. I have a jar of Spanish fly for Elin and her $750 mil ;)

she won't be able to resist :)
  • Does anyone else thing at all that Teixeira looks a little overweight/out of shape so far this season? He disguises it well bc he is a big dude but just looks a little sluggish and slow. Especially at the plate.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

good for u cliffy, enjoy ur weekend. If your not to busy do what I'm doing. I have a jar of Spanish fly for Elin and her $750 mil ;)

she won't be able to resist :)

You as well. Haha, I am actually going to see her "husband" play golf on saturday. That $750 mil number is insane, he does not have that much money.
    6 strong so far
    6 strong so far

Yessir, would like to see them put a few more on the board though. This Cano fella is quite the baseball player though, isn't he?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    6 strong so far

Yessir, would like to see them put a few more on the board though. This Cano fella is quite the baseball player though, isn't he?

yes sir

arod just missed that dam
    dam grandyman
    Alright CC, get it done here
    God damn, Jorge