The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I hope A-Rod comes back and dominates just to shut up all the haters.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Newch91 wrote:

My man. I knew there was more than one of us here.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

:thumbup: You got it. I'm just tired of all the hate for him. He is one of the best players our generation has seen and is playing in the biggest sports market in the world. The press and fans look for any little thing to criticize him for. The man could be out to lunch with his kids and people would criticize him.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    We need to bring back Jorge Posada, if we can bring back Andy this can happen!
    Newch91 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

:thumbup: You got it. I'm just tired of all the hate for him. He is one of the best players our generation has seen and is playing in the biggest sports market in the world. The press and fans look for any little thing to criticize him for. The man could be out to lunch with his kids and people would criticize him.

Headline on The Post

WHO ORDERS PASTRAMI?
  • I'd take Youkilis on a one-year deal or even Mark Reynolds.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,492
    this thread has been very enjoyable of late.
    www.myspace.com
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Newch91 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

You're right. He is playing in the biggest sports market. He's also paid the highest salary in all of baseball. He also doesn't deliver, is an adulterer, hits on women when's he's benched, comes across as phoney to the media, is hated by most Yankee fans and teammates alike, is a burden on the team and lineup, and will now be on the DL for the 7th time in six years.

Yay!! We have five more years of this. Please please please retire AJunk!! :lol:
  • I'd take Youkilis on a one-year deal or even Mark Reynolds.

If we sign Youkilis I hope joba throws him BP :lol:
    Hamilton signs with Rangers. Profar becomes their everday SS. Andrus gets traded to the Yankees and moves to 3rd. Arod becomes everyday DH. BOOM.

I read somewhere earlier that Andrus could be traded if they resign Hamilton, which is why I mention this. It could make sense but who knows if he'd switch positions.

Problems solved, well, aside from RF and catcher.

Edit: Read it on Bowdens twitter in which he also said they would swap Andrus for Upton, so, in that case not happening for the Yanks. :lol:
    I still read that the Yankees are pursuing Hamilton. Trade granderson and his pull happy swing, get some prospects and go from there. Why not. He can't perform any worse than granderson did last year and Hamilton when on is twice the player granderson is.
    DS1119 wrote:
    I still read that the Yankees are pursuing Hamilton. Trade granderson and his pull happy swing, get some prospects and go from there. Why not. He can't perform any worse than granderson did last year and Hamilton when on is twice the player granderson is.

I don't think Hamilton is a good idea overall for any team for big money, but if he is really moving towards a 4 year deal with the Rangers, then you should really think about beating it.

I'd keep them both for this year and let Granderson walk.

$189 though. Every move they are making indicates they are serious about it. If there are a bunch more one year deals, then we'll have a much better idea if it's going to happen.
  • DS1119 wrote:

Reagrding Hamilton:
    http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/josh ... mix-120312

"Hamilton, a Christian, has said in the past that God will help him make his free-agent decision, an indication that he might not go to the highest bidder or best team."

...and Everyone knows that God and the Yankees usually butt heads. 8-)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    DS1119 wrote:

Reagrding Hamilton:

"Hamilton, a Christian, has said in the past that God will help him make his free-agent decision, an indication that he might not go to the highest bidder or best team."

I am pretty certain god is going to tell him to take the most money. Just a hunch.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,912
    Newch91 wrote:
    The press and fans look for any little thing to criticize him for.

gay-arod.jpg
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Reagrding Hamilton:

I am pretty certain god is going to tell him to take the most money. Just a hunch.

:lol:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    The press and fans look for any little thing to criticize him for.

gay-arod.jpg

Wasn't this picture from Letterman or something?
    imalive wrote:

#1 Don Mattingly FTW!!!
    imalive wrote:

#1 Don Mattingly FTW!!!

who's number 20? :shifty:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:

#1 Don Mattingly FTW!!!

I rank AStrikeout somewhere between Steve Balboni and Bobby Meachum. :lol:
    imalive wrote:
    imalive wrote:

#1 Don Mattingly FTW!!!

who's number 20? :shifty:

Reggie
  • DS1119 wrote:
    imalive wrote:

#1 Don Mattingly FTW!!!

I rank AStrikeout somewhere between Steve Balboni and Bobby Meachum. :lol:

just as long as Bye Bye Balboni is above...but Damn, Bobby Meachum...that stings.
    Honestly dude, why do you feel the need to be so god damn annoying about this shit? Are you just trolling?

Fuck, we know you don't like arod. Repeating it over and over does nothing but annoy people. WE FUCKING GET IT. No one is arguing with you about him anymore and you aren't going to convince me or anyone else here who likes him to not.

Fucking give it up. It's brutal. If you are just trying to get a rise out of people, congrats. Fucking a.

It's actually kind of weird how much you seem to think about the guy. :think:

Here, if you want it said again....

DS does not like Arod and does not want him on the Yankees.

That sum it up? Good. Can we end this nonsense now?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Honestly dude, why do you feel the need to be so god damn annoying about this shit? Are you just trolling?

Fuck, we know you don't like arod. Repeating it over and over does nothing but annoy people. WE FUCKING GET IT. No one is arguing with you about him anymore and you aren't going to convince me or anyone else here who likes him to not.

Fucking give it up. It's brutal. If you are just trying to get a rise out of people, congrats. Fucking a.

:shock:

scared me off :lol:

honestly, I just think it's a fascinating story right now......plus, this board is dead.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Come on Cliffy, DS is the New York's version of The Fixer!
    edited December 2012
    imalive wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

honestly, I just think it's a fascinating story right now......plus, this board is dead.

And that's fine, it is interesting and is an important thing to talk about but over and over and over and over and over and over for months on end gets really fucking old. If that's what the Yankees thread is now, then fine, just tell me and I can have baseball conversations some place else.

He adds nothing, adds no conversation about what they should do to replace him at third...just nonsense. Edit: Well an occasional suggestion.

If he wants to take a jab to be funny here and there, fine, that's cool. I can live with that. You don't have to like the guy, but dominating a fucking thread for months on end with nonsensical bullshit about Arod is just annoying.

It's like the Philly guys and the Howard talk.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    Come on Cliffy, DS is the New York's version of The Fixer!

See my last post.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

And that's fine, it is interesting and is an important thing to talk about but over and over and over and over and over and over for months on end gets really fucking old. If that's what the Yankees thread is now, then fine, just tell me and I can have baseball conversations some place else.

He adds nothing, adds no conversation about what they should do to replace him at third...just nonsense.

If he wants to take a jab to be funny here and there, fine, that's cool. I can live with that. You don't have to like the guy, but dominating a fucking thread for months on end with nonsensical bullshit about Arod is just annoying.

It's like the Philly guys and the Howard talk.

Its is a bit much sometimes...but at the same time, I wonder if we'd dish out so much criticism if we didnt know how much his contract was worth. Is it really necessary to make their contracts public record? I never criticize players for taking big contracts -- shit, if its offered, why not take it? But it just seems this one instance, the contract is just flabbergasting...and the subsequent lack of production and injuries can be frustrating no matter who you are.

And im not trying to be a dick or get a rise by saying this, but I equate Arods contract to how much Nickelback earns. I just dont get it. I dont know why someone would pay for it. Its gets old really fast, and you dont get much for your money in the long run. I think contracts like Arods are a big problem with baseball in the last 5+ years. it just makes it hard to feel any compassion for them.
    ^^^^^ for some reason, baseball contracts are ALWAYS talked about.

football, never (of course, most dudes can get cut any time)

basketball, rarely.....and there are some doozies out there.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16