The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Gotta love random doctors who have no clue what his hip actually looks like chiming in.

Yankees open to trading Granderson. I have always said I think he makes a good trade chip, but man, this team has already lost a shit load of offense so far this off season. At least they have Cervelli and Romine. :lol:

I don't think this is a random doctor. :lol:

Calin Moucha, associate chief of joint replacement surgery at Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York, told USA TODAY Sports, "My expectation is it takes six to 12 months to come back."
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Gotta love random doctors who have no clue what his hip actually looks like chiming in.

Yankees open to trading Granderson. I have always said I think he makes a good trade chip, but man, this team has already lost a shit load of offense so far this off season. At least they have Cervelli and Romine. :lol:

Calin Moucha, associate chief of joint replacement surgery at Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York, told USA TODAY Sports, "My expectation is it takes six to 12 months to come back."

And it may well be true. But has the guy seen his MRIs? Has he talked to the doctors working on him? Has he worked with Arods rehab process in the past? Everytime there is a major injury, papers run to doctors who put their two cents in and more often than not, while they know what they are talking about, their time frames aren't accurate since they are not familiar with the specific case. Every time there is an injury this shit is in every paper.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

And it may well be true. But has the guy seen his MRIs? Has he talked to the doctors working on him? Has he worked with Arods rehab process in the past? Everytime there is a major injury, papers run to doctors who put their two cents in and more often than not, while they know what they are talking about, their time frames aren't accurate since they are not familiar with the specific case. Every time there is an injury this shit is in every paper.

Actually I've always found the estimated times by non team doctors to be a lot closer to the actual recovery times especially with the very closed door Yankees.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Time to teach Nova to play 3rd.
    DS1119 wrote:

Actually I've always found the estimated times by non team doctors to be a lot closer to the actual recovery times especially with the very closed door Yankees.

If you say so. Yankees are expecting the full 6 months so we'll see. Could easily be more with a setback. Every team in pro sports is not completely forth coming with injury information...leverage. Aside from Gardner, their time frames this past year were pretty accurate though.

Maybe AHip can play in a wheel chair.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

If you say so. Yankees are expecting the full 6 months so we'll see. Could easily be more with a setback. Every team in pro sports is not completely forth coming with injury information...leverage. Aside from Gardner and Pineda, their time frames this past year were pretty accurate though.

fixed
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

If you say so. Yankees are expecting the full 6 months so we'll see. Could easily be more with a setback. Every team in pro sports is not completely forth coming with injury information...leverage. Aside from Gardner and Pineda, their time frames this past year were pretty accurate though.

fixed

Well, yeah, but that was just a weird situation all around. I was talking more about time frames. I do think there is a possibility Pineda didn't come into camp in shape and was healthy and hurt himself overworking his shoulder. We'll see about the time frame, they could very well be right on that. June-July I think we'll be looking at, although they say he has been looking good.
    DS1119 wrote:

I like Nova's bat, he cant field for shit but whats are options? Perhaps time to call Howie Spira to dig up some dirt on A-rod.
    DS1119 wrote:

I like Nova's bat, he cant field for shit but whats are options? Perhaps time to call Howie Spira to dig up some dirt on A-rod.

That's what George would do. :lol:

Fingers-crossed1.jpg
    DS1119 wrote:

That's what George would do. :lol:

Fingers-crossed1.jpg[/quote]

:lol::clap: i love that picture!
    If it gets Hal out for the time being like it got his old man out, I'm all for it, it seems.

Hank seems willing to spend money :lol:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    If it gets Hal out for the time being like it got his old man out, I'm all for it, it seems.

it really was the best thing to happen to us in the long run, but as soon as we won he got interested again :fp:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

it really was the best thing to happen to us in the long run, but as soon as we won he got interested again :fp:

Oh no doubt. Stick Michael basically built that 90's dynasty because he was out of the picture and not in the middle of shit.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,912
    good news, DS......

harold reynolds is CONVINCED a-fraud is done. for good. forever. retired.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    good news, DS......

So that means he is going to play 5 more years and win 5 MVPs

I typically go with the opposite of whatever Harold Reynolds says. :lol:

Players love him, but dude says some off the wall shit from time to time.
    imalive wrote:
    good news, DS......

He should retire. No reason for him to come back. Lengthy rehab and he must know the overwhelming majority of Yankee fans don't want him or even like him. I'm convinced his teammates mirror the fans as well. He's nothing but dead weight on that team. Get the fuck out of the Bronx AFragile.

3921_483152005040427_507849602_n.jpg
    Hey guys. DId you know DS doesn't like Arod?

FUCK
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Hey guys. DId you know DS doesn't like Arod?

FUCK

Insane, everybody loves A-Rod, Even A-Rod!

a-rod-kisses-himself-details-magazine.jpg
    Stretch out those hips AWeight. Boy I'd like to help you with that. Just a little more AJinx. DOn't worry this won't hurt a bit...SNAP!!! :lol:

alex-rodriguez-hip-surgery-elite-daily.jpg
    http://riveraveblues.com/2012/12/not-so ... era-80066/

Pretty interesting. I like Caberea a lot, but that seems like too much to me.
    It's kind of fascinating because the yanks have 70ish% of arod's contract covered by insurance....I'm convinced they would love to push him towards retirement and pay the other $40M or whatever.....the grand plan of HR King ain't ever happening.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    AJinx's Appreciation Day at Yankee Stadium....Stadium attendance that day...1. :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    AJinx's Appreciation Day at Yankee Stadium....Stadium attendance that day...1. :lol:

make it 2...he'd drag some skanky ho with him.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Typically a Yankee with his pedigree would be a shoe in to have his number retired by the team. To be honest...with him I'm not so sure.
    image.jpg

He's thinking "What should i have tonight, Greek?...Hmm, maybe Spanish, na i know Thai! now to figure out what to eat for dinner."
    edited December 2012
    DS1119 wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Typically a Yankee with his pedigree would be a shoe in to have his number retired by the team. To be honest...with him I'm not so sure.

I thought he was a shoe in after 2009. I don't think he will at this point unless they win at least one more and he has a couple good years.

Edit: Or if he were to somehow break the home run record, which has about a 1% chance of happening at this point.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    image.jpg

He's thinking "What should i have tonight, Greek?...Hmm, maybe Spanish, na i know Thai! now to figure out what to eat for dinner."

Thai ladyboy. :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    image.jpg

:lol::lol::lol: You're a Pisser i didn't even mean that!
    DS1119 wrote:
    image.jpg

:lol::lol::lol: You're a Pisser i didn't even mean that!

But it fits. :D