The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Every Yankee fan should read the details of this news corp deal and think about the $189 mil plan. They will be getting hundreds of millions of dollars a year at the end of the deal and get a $400 + million bonus up front. Half paid now and half paid before the Yankees reduce their payroll.

If I don't think this team fields a competitor team because of the $189 plan, I won't be renewing. Team already clearly has an attendance problem
    Attendance problem is huge.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Newch91 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Every Yankee fan should read the details of this news corp deal and think about the $189 mil plan. They will be getting hundreds of millions of dollars a year at the end of the deal and get a $400 + million bonus up front. Half paid now and half paid before the Yankees reduce their payroll.

If I don't think this team fields a competitor team because of the $189 plan, I won't be renewing. Team already clearly has an attendance problem

Just looks bad, especially with how much money they have rolling in. Honestly, no team in baseball should be competitive with them aside from maybe the dodgers with how much money they make. People would go crazy but they could have a $250 million plus payroll of they wanted
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Just looks bad, especially with how much money they have rolling in. Honestly, no team in baseball should be competitive with them aside from maybe the dodgers with how much money they make. People would go crazy but they could have a $250 million plus payroll of they wanted
    I hope they took notice of the attendance problem after the postseason.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Honestly, I don't think they give a fuck. Looks bad, but they are making bank, that's the least of their worries. We'll see, man, but I don't necessarily think this is the Steinbrenner family is we are used too
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Honestly, I don't think they give a fuck. Looks bad, but they are making bank, that's the least of their worries. We'll see, man, but I don't necessarily think this is the Steinbrenner family is we are used too
    Definitely not. I wonder what The Boss would think of this.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Don't worry. There's still some major splashes to be made this off season for the team. The 189 is a dream...won't happen....never will happen.
  • Newch91 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Why in Gods name is there an attendance problem? Ticket prices too high?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,912
    ]

the team is unlikeable
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Newch91 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

New stadium atmosphere, I think.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

New stadium atmosphere, I think.
    imalive wrote:
    the team is unlikeable

I'm surprised to hear both of these things, but then again i've never been to the new stadium, but I've always been a huge fan.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    I don't get the unlikeable thing outside of Arod. Jeter, Pettitte, Mo, Cano, Granderson, Ibanez, Ichiro, Kuroda, Robertson, Hughes, Joba are all very likable players. And while not my favorite, a lot of fans loved Swisher.

We have talked about the stadium thing quite a bit. Aesthetically, I think it's great, but they have sapped every ounce of enthusiasm they can out of it. Just a different experience. I love going regularly because I love watching baseball in person, especially my favorite team, but it is definitely a different vibe than it was.

A run like 2009 would get the place rocking again, I would hope.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    imalive wrote:
    ]

the team is unlikeable

Your unlikable , but we still talk to you.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I don't get the unlikeable thing outside of Arod. Jeter, Pettitte, Mo, Cano, Granderson, Ibanez, Ichiro, Kuroda, Robertson, Hughes, Joba are all very likable players. And while not my favorite, a lot of fans loved Swisher.

We have talked about the stadium thing quite a bit. Aesthetically, I think it's great, but they have sapped every ounce of enthusiasm they can out of it. Just a different experience. I love going regularly because I love watching baseball in person, especially my favorite team, but it is definitely a different vibe than it was.

A run like 2009 would get the place rocking again, I would hope.

I completely agree with your first statement. I really enjoy most of their players and their personalities, even Swisher.
    So I assume a problem with the stadium is too many corporate seats then.
    imalive wrote:
    ]

the team is unlikeable

Your unlikable , but we still talk to you.
    :lol::lol:
    The new Stadium is an abortion. Blow the fucker up and dig up the old one.
    DS1119 wrote:
    The new Stadium is an abortion. Blow the fucker up and dig up the old one.

I Love it!!! of course I'll never be able to afford to get anywhere near the field ever again.
    Keep the food options, get better beer options, have as many "Yankees Clubhouse Stores" as you want but stop advertising on the gigantic screen every 12 seconds, lower good tickets prices, let me scream at players (and some fans) and not get kicked out.

Done. Back to normal.
    Annnnnnnd, just like that I get my renewal. I really don't know what to do this year. I could use all my dough for the wedding and honeymoon and doubt I will get to many games next year with everything going on but just love knowing that I have face value playoff tickets.

Yep, I'll renew.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Annnnnnnd, just like that I get my renewal. I really don't know what to do this year. I could use all my dough for the wedding and honeymoon and doubt I will get to many games next year with everything going on but just love knowing that I have face value playoff tickets.

Yep, I'll renew.

You have to, That's how it starts Cliffy, next thing you know, three years have gone by and you look up from your desk one day in August and realize you haven't been to a game in years and with a little one on the way well it doesn't look good this year and then you'll want to take your kid, but you'll want to wait until he's or she's old enough... So now it's 9 years later, Don't give up the Game for Family, make room for both! Your Happiness depends on it!!!!
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yep, I'll renew.

You have to, That's how it starts Cliffy, next thing you know, three years have gone by and you look up from your desk one day in August and realize you haven't been to a game in years and with a little one on the way well it doesn't look good this year and then you'll want to take your kid, but you'll want to wait until he's or she's old enough... So now it's 9 years later, Don't give up the Game for Family, make room for both! Your Happiness depends on it!!!!

HA. well that is about all the convincing I need. :lol: And yeah, I don't want to give up my seniority either, which is decent since they count my old stadium tickets even though I got locked out for a year. And I say I would go to a lot of games even without the package, but who knows. Done.
    Heck of a morning. Pettitte is close to done, Mo should be done this week and ichiro may be signed.

Can't see them going to corner outfielders of ichiro and Gardner but we'll see.
    Pettitte is reported to be done. 1yr/11M.
    DS1119 wrote:

Now we're cookin!!!

1) C.C.
    2) Andy
    3) Kuroda
    4) Hughes
    5) Nova

I'd like to re-sign Soriano but i don't think it's gona happen.
  • DS1119 wrote:

Now we're cookin!!!

1) C.C.
    2) Andy
    3) Kuroda
    4) Hughes
    5) Nova

Phelps will take the 5th spot
    DS1119 wrote:

Now we're cookin!!!

1) C.C.
    2) Andy
    3) Kuroda
    4) Hughes
    5) Nova

Phelps will take the 5th spot

Hmm, i liked Phelps, but i also liked him as a long reliver, Nova's always so shaky that first inning so he's no good out of the pen., Well i'm sure Giradi will let them battle it out in preseason.
    So if the Yankees stand pat essentially keeping the same team as last year they haven't accomplished anything except getting another year older. :?
  • DS1119 wrote:
    So if the Yankees stand pat essentially keeping the same team as last year they haven't accomplished anything except getting another year older. :?

Welcome to the Hal era, I think George wouldn't have given a shit about the upcoming 189 cap.
    Or they keep the same rotation that was actually really good last year. They don't have a dh, catcher or a set outfield
    DS1119 wrote:

Welcome to the Hal era, I think George wouldn't have given a shit about the upcoming 189 cap.

Yeah the 189 is a pipe dream. So what we get is a season long of Home Run Derby and if they're lucky enough to get into the playoffs a probable early exit again. :fp:
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    hopefully Mariano will regain his mojo
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life