Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    imalive wrote:

so now rupert fucking murdoch owns 49%

just one more reason to hate the yankees :lol:

I think we can afford to buy out A-Rod now, DS might get his wish.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497

Fingers-crossed1.jpg
    DS1119 wrote:

Fingers-crossed1.jpg

:lol::lol::clap:
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    imalive wrote:

so now rupert fucking murdoch owns 49%

just one more reason to hate the yankees :lol:
    Fuck :?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    $1.5 billion up front, $85 mil a year to broadcast games rising at 4% (!!!!) annually. This team is fucking loaded. If they get under that $189 for a year and their luxury tax resets...wow. Deadspin has a great post up about how the Yankees basically got out from the risk of regional sports networks busting eventually.

Fuck Fox.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,771
    I hate watching those Fox business promos
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,771
    Kuroda re-signs for 1 year
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    I hate watching those Fox business promos
    Looks like we'll be seeing more of them. :fp:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Boom

Dude definitely could have gotten 2 years somewhere. Great dude. Big resigning.
    Love the guy

“I am very happy and excited to re-sign with the Yankees. I am very grateful for all of the interest and all of the offers that I received from the various teams that courted me. It was a tough decision for me to make, but at the end of the day, I wanted to try to win a championship with the teammates that I went to battle with last season.”
    HUGE!!! :D
  • igotid88 wrote:
    Kuroda re-signs for 1 year

Great news
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    No to Gio Gonzalez. I was hoping the Yanks would look into him at one point but not anymore. Walks way too many people. Someone will regret giving up too much for him.

:lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    No to Gio Gonzalez. I was hoping the Yanks would look into him at one point but not anymore. Walks way too many people. Someone will regret giving up too much for him.

You definitely could have bumped a better one. Gio was fantastic in the playoffs. He didn't walk anyone :lol:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/playe ... t=p&post=1
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

You definitely could have bumped a better one. Gio was fantastic in the playoffs. He didn't walk anyone :lol:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/playe ... t=p&post=1

1-1 in the playoffs. 21-8 in the regular season. 3rd in Cy Young voting. I'm sure the Yankees would very much love to take over his 5yr/42 million contract right now.
    11 walks in 10 playoff innings. Almost a walk every other inning for his career. No thanks. if he could get rid of that I'd be all about him.

Yeah, no. A 1.4 WHIP in the AL.

Good pitcher for what he is...but would be a bootleg javy vasquez on the yanks.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    11 walks in 10 playoff innings. Almost a walk every other inning for his career. No thanks. if he could get rid of that I'd be all about him.

Well he's certainly no Michael Pineda who's arbitration eligible, hasn't pitched an inning yet for the Yankees, and the team had to give up their best prosopect for...I'd take my chances wth Gonzalez still.
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Well he's certainly no Michael Pineda who's arbitration eligible, hasn't pitched an inning yet for the Yankees, and the team had to give up their best prosopect for...I'd take my chances wth Gonzalez still.

Yanks are paying pineda $500k, yeah, it sucks they gave up Montero for him (who I love and have stated many times), but he isn't exactly tearing the cover off the ball. Gotta wait on that trade. We know where you and neily stand. Ibanez was a lot better than Montero this year. We'll see.

Given the $189, I dont think they would want anything to do with Gio's contract. Would have been a decent gamble last year though. I bet Cashman is happy he didn't take it.

Didn't get any of that from a website ;)
    So the Yankees got Gio Gonzalez?
    Newch91 wrote:

No
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yanks are paying pineda $500k, yeah, it sucks they gave up Montero for him (who I love and have stated many times), but he isn't exactly tearing the cover off the ball. Gotta wait on that trade. We know where you and neily stand. Ibanez was a lot better than Montero this year. We'll see.

Given the $189, I dont think they would want anything to do with Gio's contract. Would have been a decent gamble last year though. I bet Cashman is happy he didn't take it.

Didn't get any of that from a website ;)

Considering Pineda didn't picth last year they needed to replace his spot with someone making more than 500k. Also, since he won't pitch this year until midseason, at best estimates, they will have to replace him yet again so it's not 500k a year for pineda.

I on the other hand believe that if the Senators called Cashman right now and said the Yankees could have Gonzalez and the remainer of his contract for nothing in return, Cashman couldn't jump out of bed to sign the papers quick enough.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Newch91 wrote:
    yea and the mets got Gio Stanton :lolno:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

DS1119 wrote:

Considering Pineda didn't picth last year they needed to replace his spot with someone making more than 500k. Also, since he won't pitch this year until midseason, at best estimates, they will have to replace him yet again so it's not 500k a year for pineda.

I on the other hand believe that if the Senators called Cashman right now and said the Yankees could have Gonzalez and the remainer of his contract for nothing in return, Cashman couldn't jump out of bed to sign the papers quick enough.

But the funny thing about baseball is, you don't just get players for their contract 99% of the time. The Nationals traded for him then gave him a contact. Yankees don't usually do that (see Santana vs. CC...that worked out) , and they shouldn't have done what the Nats did.

And yes, that person they paid more than $500k was the bright spot of this season. I almost got in a car accident due to Ibanez, 20 minutes before my favorite person ever hurt his leg.

But....OHHHHH, now you want to talk about what it will cost to replace a player...
    Newch91 wrote:
    yea and the mets got Gio Stanton :lolno:

Don't be silly. The Mets would never do anything that smart.

Speaking of. I am reading that dudes are really broke...
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

But the funny thing about baseball is, you don't just get players for their contract 99% of the time. The Nationals traded for him then gave him a contact. Yankees don't usually do that (see Santana vs. CC...that worked out) , and they shouldn't have done what the Nats did.

And yes, that person they paid more than $500k was the bright spot of this season. I almost got in a car accident due to Ibanez, 20 minutes before my favorite person ever hurt his leg.

But....OHHHHH, now you want to talk about what it will cost to replace a player...

....and you're assuming that "money" went to Ibanez. :lol: Couldn't have been used for any other players correct? Only allowed them to resign Ibanez? Didn't go to Garcia's contract? Didn't go to Nix? Didn't go to Jones? Only Ibanez so it looks like it was money well spent and an awesome baseball decision? :lol:
    Viva Arod!!!!! :lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :|
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Guess I was comparing the player that got the majority of dh at bats to the guy that would have gotten the majority of dh at bats
    Every Yankee fan should read the details of this news corp deal and think about the $189 mil plan. They will be getting hundreds of millions of dollars a year at the end of the deal and get a $400 + million bonus up front. Half paid now and half paid before the Yankees reduce their payroll.

If I don't think this team fields a competitor team because of the $189 plan, I won't be renewing. Team already clearly has an attendance problem