The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cashman on wfan. Not saying much of anything. Alright talked about Arod. Nothing special at all.

It's gona be a looooong off season :fp:
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cashman on wfan. Not saying much of anything. Alright talked about Arod. Nothing special at all.

It's gona be a looooong off season :fp:

'tis
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Cashman said he doesn't view Nunez as anything but a full time shortstop. Good luck selling that. :lol:
    Barry Zito 2/6 2 RBI's in the 2012 playoffs.

ARod 3/25 0 RBI's in the 2012 playoffs.

:lol::lol::lol:
  • DS1119 wrote:

:lol::|:lol::|

^^^Thats my "its funny but its not"
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    DS1119 wrote:

:lol::|:lol::|

^^^Thats my "its funny but its not"

Oh no, it's funny. I think ARod was actually lifted for a pinch hitter more than Zito too...a pitcher! :lol::lol:

This guy is a shell of himself. He needs to show a commitment to the team and get back on the sauce! :lol::lol:
    Wonder whatARod is doing right now. I'm sure he's "rehabbing"and working on his stroke for next season. :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Wonder whatARod is doing right now. I'm sure he's "rehabbing"and working on his stroke for next season. :lol:

t02200281_0469060010193401727.jpg
    DS1119 wrote:

t02200281_0469060010193401727.jpg

Ican't see the image but I'm sure it's baseball related with this asshole as he's such a team and baseball guy. :fp:

If Aroid was such a team guy he would restructure the contract and make it more manaeable for the TEAM movingforward...he won't. Enjoy playing in east bumfuck next year tool...and if for some reason the Yankees can't move you...enjoy playing half the time over your next five years at best. Good luck with your pursuit to be the all time HR leader...like that means anything anyway.
    a pic of Torrie Wilson, A-Rod don't give a fuck, he's livin the life.
    Good god....
    More on ARod. Such a team guy and a guy of character.

7th worst sports contract as voted on by ESPN.

7. Endorsement contract: Alex Rodriguez, Vita Coco
    Terms undisclosed

Alex Rodriguez didn't make my worst contract for a baseball player, but there's no contest that A-Rod gets the nod for the most boneheaded endorsement deal of all time. Last year, coconut water company Vita Coco announced a deal with A-Rod, even though, unbeknownst to them, A-Rod had his money parked in Vita Coco's competitor, Zico. In a statement, Rodriguez told me that he now preferred Vita Coco, which was strange because he still had his money parked in Zico, as a significant investor. Zico CEO Mark Rampolla told me that A-Rod put more money into the business than he ever did. A-Rod likely traded a small endorsement deal for what was a bigger piece of the pie for Zico. I'm assuming they made him divest when he publicly insulted them. When you don't even know where you have invested your money, that's when how you know it's time to take a breather.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    No more Mariano?

Mariano may retire http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_ ... ng-sources

general manager Brian Cashman said closer Mariano Rivera informed him earlier this week that he is unsure if he will play again or retire.

Cashman told ESPN New York that on Tuesday he and Rivera had a conversation in which Rivera said he does not know yet if he will return for a 19th season.

"He wasn't certain on what he is going to do," Cashman said.

After he crumbled to the turf and tore his ACL in Kansas City in early May, Rivera vowed he would return in 2013.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Mo will be back not worried
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Mo will be back not worried

yeah i hope this is some sort of bargaining stunt,
    i hope he returns too,
    but realistically will he be the same after reconstructive knee surgery?

dammit.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    I think as long as Jeter is there, Mo will make every effort to make it back...at least I hope.
  • Joe Girardi made a very unusual call prior to benching A-Rod in favor of Eric Chavez in Game 1.

Yankees manager Joe Girardi made a special call to the public address announcer on the press level during a Yankees playoff game to request that Alex Rodriguez not be named when Girardi pinch-hit Eric Chavez for A-Rod, people familiar with the situation said.

So when Chavez went in for A-Rod, only Chavez's name was announced, not A-Rod's. Typically the announcement contains the names of both the player who is pinch hitting and the person who is being pinch-hit for.

The call by Girardi from the dugout did occur, confirmed general manager Brian Cashman.

Cashman said he believes it showed the lengths to which Girardi went to protect A-Rod's feelings. Such a call is very unusual.

Rodriguez was pinch-hit for and benched multiple times during a postseason in which he went 0 for 18 with 12 strikeouts vs. right-handed pitchers. Overall he was 3 for 25.

Cashman said he didn't believe the decision to protect A-Rod was the brainchild of Chad Bohling, the club's influential director of mental conditioning, but rather was Girardi's idea. Bohling, who came to the Yankees late in Joe Torre's tenure, is extremely well-regarded within the organization, Cashman said.

Girardi has been seen over the years as close to A-Rod, probably closer than he is to some of the star players Girardi played with for the Yankees. It'll be interesting to see how that relationship is affected by the surprise decision to bench A-Rod. Cashman, who has said he doesn't expect outside interest in Rodriguez this winter and fully expects him to be back as the team's third baseman, acknowledged he has received no calls to date regarding A-Rod from any interested teams.

The decision to bench A-Rod was Girardi's final call, with input from Cashman, the front office staff and coaches, Cashman said in a recent conversation, though he also said he agreed with the decision. Cashman added that while he usually agrees with Girardi's choices, he doesn't always.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/jon-h ... s-feelings

:fp:
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,762
    If this is true, then that's weak.

Joe Girardi made a very unusual call prior to benching A-Rod in favor of Eric Chavez in Game 1.

Yankees manager Joe Girardi made a special call to the public address announcer on the press level during a Yankees playoff game to request that Alex Rodriguez not be named when Girardi pinch-hit Eric Chavez for A-Rod, people familiar with the situation said.

So when Chavez went in for A-Rod, only Chavez's name was announced, not A-Rod's. Typically the announcement contains the names of both the player who is pinch hitting and the person who is being pinch-hit for.

The call by Girardi from the dugout did occur, confirmed general manager Brian Cashman.

Cashman said he believes it showed the lengths to which Girardi went to protect A-Rod's feelings. Such a call is very unusual.

Rodriguez was pinch-hit for and benched multiple times during a postseason in which he went 0 for 18 with 12 strikeouts vs. right-handed pitchers. Overall he was 3 for 25.

Cashman said he didn't believe the decision to protect A-Rod was the brainchild of Chad Bohling, the club's influential director of mental conditioning, but rather was Girardi's idea. Bohling, who came to the Yankees late in Joe Torre's tenure, is extremely well-regarded within the organization, Cashman said.

Girardi has been seen over the years as close to A-Rod, probably closer than he is to some of the star players Girardi played with for the Yankees. It'll be interesting to see how that relationship is affected by the surprise decision to bench A-Rod. Cashman, who has said he doesn't expect outside interest in Rodriguez this winter and fully expects him to be back as the team's third baseman, acknowledged he has received no calls to date regarding A-Rod from any interested teams.

The decision to bench A-Rod was Girardi's final call, with input from Cashman, the front office staff and coaches, Cashman said in a recent conversation, though he also said he agreed with the decision. Cashman added that while he usually agrees with Girardi's choices, he doesn't always.

Joe Girardi made a very unusual call prior to benching A-Rod in favor of Eric Chavez in Game 1.

This quote on the story made me :lol::lol::lol:

"Bases are loaded and A-Rod's at bat....playin' it play by play....time to change the batter"
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,773
    For some reason I thought we won in 09 with Granderson. But he came in 2010.
    I miss igotid88
    Now let the fun begin. :corn:
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,912
    granderson and cano will be back. discuss.

edit: discuss when you get power back. I guess you have better stuff to do. Good luck to all you east coasters :thumbup:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:

edit: discuss when you get power back. I guess you have better stuff to do. Good luck to all you east coasters :thumbup:

I'm sure both will be back....Granderson only becasue of the money. If it was hiswalk year, no way. Maybe in the off season he will realize he doesn't have to pull everything. :fp:
    DS1119 wrote:
    imalive wrote:

I'm sure both will be back....Granderson only becasue of the money. If it was hiswalk year, no way. Maybe in the off season he will realize he doesn't have to pull everything. :fp:

it's already done.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_ ... granderson

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    imalive wrote:

it's already done.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_ ... granderson

I missed that yesterday. Thanks.
    DS1119 wrote:
    imalive wrote:

I missed that yesterday. Thanks.

it was only $30 million. cashman probably found that in the couch cushions.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • In today's POST http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yankees/ ... mGkMAwAP/0, five players the Yankees should look at and reasons for it

1 - Carlos Betran - would only be available via trade

2 - Torii Hunter - is 37 but still good defensively

3 - Jeff Keppinger - You might need someone younger to back up third base besides Eric Chavez and he hits well, at least he did last year.

4 - A.J. Pierzynski - In case Russell Martin goes elsewhere, has lefty power 27 homers, though 24 were off right-handers, but .248 average against southpaws.

5 - Scott Hairston - could fill the role of Andruw Jones and is younger and hits lefties better
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    In today's POST http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yankees/ ... mGkMAwAP/0, five players the Yankees should look at and reasons for it

3 - Jeff Keppinger - You might need someone younger to back up third base besides Eric Chavez and he hits well, at least he did last year.

4 - A.J. Pierzynski - In case Russell Martin goes elsewhere, has lefty power 27 homers, though 24 were off right-handers, but .248 average against southpaws.

5 - Scott Hairston - could fill the role of Andruw Jones and is younger and hits lefties better

Man, Beltran is going to be the one that always got away for the Yankees. Definitely dodged some bullets injury wise, but god damn, he would have looked good in pinstripes.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    In today's POST http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yankees/ ... mGkMAwAP/0, five players the Yankees should look at and reasons for it

Man, Beltran is going to be the one that always got away for the Yankees. Definitely dodged some bullets injury wise, but god damn, he would have looked good in pinstripes.

Heir apparent to Bernie, the Bosses last big mistake, going after Randy J.;
    who is the yankees broadcaster who screams SEE YA!!! after yankees' HRs?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16