The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I keep reading the Yankees will be picking up Granderson's option. :-|

Two straight days Donald Trump has been on ESPN radio blasting ARod. Love it. :lol:
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,912
    DS1119 wrote:

Two straight days Donald Trump has been on ESPN radio blasting ARod. Love it. :lol:

I dislike arod, but I dislike trump even more. what a jackass.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I dislike arod, but I dislike trump even more. what a jackass.

He called him a drug addict yesterday. :lol:
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    DS1119 wrote:
    I keep reading the Yankees will be picking up Granderson's option. :-|

Absolutely no reason not to. Even if they didn't want him this year, dude hit 40+ home runs two years running and you have him under control, there are quite a few teams that would be very interested in trading for him. There would obviously have to be a third team and would take a lot more than 1 year of Granderson, but I wonder if there is any way to turn a package starting with Granderson into Justin Upton.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Other than Granderson striking out too much...he's an excellent ball player.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    lukin2006 wrote:

Good guy too. If he could cut out the K's, he'd be a lot more fun to watch.
    Granderson can take his 195 strikeouts and .236 batting average and get packing too. However he was strong in the playoffs. :lol: I couldn't give a shit if they pick up the option just don't let him patrol CF anymore and move him. The Stadium has absolutley ruined the guy.
    DS1119 wrote:
    Granderson can take his 195 strikeouts and .236 batting average and get packing too. However he was strong in the playoffs. :lol: I couldn't give a shit if they pick up the option just don't let him patrol CF anymore and move him. The Stadium has absolutley ruined the guy.

Yes, because it makes a lot of sense to let a guy walk when you have him under control and he has has a ton of value only to get nothing for him. Genius, I tell ya.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Yes, because it makes a lot of sense to let a guy walk when you have him under control and he has has a ton of value only to get nothing for him. Genius, I tell ya.

Obviosuly you're not comprehending what I typed. Sign the guy and trade him. No way I want that guy back again pulling eveything. His game turned to shit.
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Obviosuly you're not comprehending what I typed. Sign the guy and trade him. No way I want that guy back again pulling eveything. His game turned to shit.

Obviously not...

I couldn't give a shit if they pick up the option
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

I was disappointed to see him leave Detroit...because he is such a good guy...but the trade has really paid off this year for Detroit and Austin Jackson has turned into a heck of a CF.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

Cliffy6745 wrote:

Obviously not...

Well that's what I meant by what I typed.
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

I was disappointed to see him leave Detroit...because he is such a good guy...but the trade has really paid off this year for Detroit and Austin Jackson has turned into a heck of a CF.

No doubt, I don't think any of the three teams in that trade will complain much.
    I remember this post season when the Yankees were coming to bat and the graphic came up on the screen. It had batting average, home runs, rbis, stolen bases and if he's a nice guy or not. :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Obviously not...

Well that's what I meant by what I typed.

Alright, and I don't completely disagree. I am sure they'll at least look into it. I could live with Gardner, Ichiro and Upton.
    DS1119 wrote:
    I remember this post season when the Yankees were coming to bat and the graphic came up on the screen. It had batting average, home runs, rbis, stolen bases and if he's a nice guy or not. :lol:

Okay....not sure what your point is. I don't want them to keep him because he is a good guy but it helps when you are cheering on players who are good people and use their position/celebrity to help out.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

No doubt, I don't think any of the three teams in that trade will complain much.

Not often all 3 teams are happy with a trade.

Personally I think the Yankees need to stay away from the trade market. Develop your players and sign free agents. Trades don't seem to be Mr. Cashman's specialty.
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Not often all 3 teams are happy with a trade.

Definitely not. Read the Tigers were bringing up low level minor leaguers from Florida to play in games against the Tigers this weekend to keep them fresh. Thought that was cool.
    DS1119 wrote:

Well he was second in the AL in home runs and lead your team...he has always had strike out numbers and not a great hitter for average.

lukin2006 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Well he was second in the AL in home runs and lead your team...he has always had strike out numbers and not a great hitter for average.

If he could be like 2011 every year, he would be awesome.
    Just reading through some emails and I saw one I missed from the Yankees about tickets for a possible game six and 7. WOn't be needing that one. :fp:
  • did derek lowe make the playoff roster? dont remember seeing him
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
    According to Cashman he doesn't expect Pineda to be back before the 2nd half of next season. :fp: :lol:
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    DS1119 wrote:
    According to Cashman he doesn't expect Pineda to be back before the 2nd half of next season. :fp: :lol:

im telling all of you.....mark my words ....

this guy will not pitch for us ...and if he does,it wont be for very long

i hope im wrong ...but it was a horrible move from second 1
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    DS1119 wrote:

im telling all of you.....mark my words ....

this guy will not pitch for us ...and if he does,it wont be for very long

i hope im wrong ...but it was a horrible move from second 1

Cashman needs to stay out of the trading pool without adult supervision. :lol:
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,912
    DS1119 wrote:

those mariners are some crafty fuckers.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    testing.....testing...
    imalive wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

those mariners are some crafty fuckers.

2 players with arm issues in one deal. :lol: :fp:
    Cashman on wfan. Not saying much of anything. Alright talked about Arod. Nothing special at all.