The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    DS1119 wrote:
    Playoff numbers for ARod?

Here's a few interesting stats

Arod reg season strikeout rate is 19 % as a yankee in the postseason it's 27%

He has a ops of 484 since the 2009 postseason. He has 2 doubles and no homers.

No one is arguing that he has been good these past few years, but no one else has been good either and he is getting all the blame.

All I am arguing is that it makes no sense to move him right now.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I dont know how you can come to any of these conclusions based on the few interviews and soundbites there have been.

As he says if he plays the way he should, Joe wouldn't be put in that situation. I don't expect a superstar anymore but I also don't expect an platoon player yet.

He basically called Joe out in my opinion. Francesa just put it perfect. How can Girardi honestly look anyone in the eyes and say yes ARod is my starting 3b next season after what he just did in the playoffs? Girardi will be on at 400 PM. This should be interesting. :corn:
    edited October 2012
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I dont know how you can come to any of these conclusions based on the few interviews and soundbites there have been.

As he says if he plays the way he should, Joe wouldn't be put in that situation. I don't expect a superstar anymore but I also don't expect an platoon player yet.

He basically called Joe out in my opinion. Francesa just put it perfect. How can Girardi honestly look anyone in the eyes and say yes ARod is my starting 3b next season after what he just did in the playoffs? Girardi will be on at 400 PM. This should be interesting. :corn:

I don't think he did. I thought he was very mature about it. Basically said he doesn't agree with it and he always feels the lineup is better with him in it, but he hasn't been producing and if he was playing like he should then joe wouldn't ahve been put in that situation.

Thats the perfect thing to say. Of course he doesn't agree with it, but he somewhat understands it.

Edit: And I am sure behind closed doors he is a lot more angry about it than he is putting off, but I also don't think Arod really cares about what Joe thinks. He believes in his ability and if he plays the way he should then he will play.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • The longer we keep him the less value he has especially if we ship him to the NL. I wonder if the marlins would do Arod for Buehrle and Bell. That's 69 million right there they would owe Arod 9mm per over the next 5 not counting bonuses.
    The longer we keep him the less value he has especially if we ship him to the NL. I wonder if the marlins would do Arod for Buehrle and Bell. That's 69 million right there they would owe Arod 9mm per over the next 5 not counting bonuses.

I don't agree. He has absolutely zero value right now. If he can put together even a mildly succesful season next year then he has more value. After the playoffs, he is seen as a platoon player. That is not what he is yet.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    And just so I don't come off as the only one. I already posted the Bronx Banter which is my favorite Yankee site but here are a few others that are not full of crazies who want them to trade and fire everyone.

http://www.yankeeanalysts.com/2012/10/o ... guez-46024

http://www.yankeeanalysts.com/2012/10/c ... nuts-46042

http://itsaboutthemoney.net/archives/20 ... -rod-mess/

All people that I feel are much more reasonable than the talking heads on ESPN and the likes who make money off hysteria.

One more

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/ ... rodriguez/
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The longer we keep him the less value he has especially if we ship him to the NL. I wonder if the marlins would do Arod for Buehrle and Bell. That's 69 million right there they would owe Arod 9mm per over the next 5 not counting bonuses.

I don't agree. He has absolutely zero value right now. If he can put together even a mildly succesful season next year then he has more value. After the playoffs, he is seen as a platoon player. That is not what he is yet.

I don't think other teams see him as that but we shall see I think he's done as a yankee
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I don't think other teams see him as that but we shall see I think he's done as a yankee

The last article I posted sums up my thoughts on the value of him and everything I have been saying.
  • Going into dis playoof season Da kid though ok Baltimore would been eveninly matchup splitt da season series but after first 2 games never though da pitch wouldn't be da problem but instead da bats fadding out big time ...well lucky for us Raul came thougfh as well as CC in da final game vs Baltimore.Well going into Detroit Series Da kid being da eternal optimis though Bombers will pull out a series win but realailty came acalling a saw Selrel pitch and pathetic hitting Suxs about Capt injury but at least get a hitt with runners on 2 and 3rd with 1 out !Good thing Da Boss moved on R heads wouldve rolled last nite
    Let's Go Yanks!
    96)Randalls Island I,II
    98)NJ,MSG I,II
    00) Virginia Beach Jones Beach I,II,III Saratoga Springs Seattle I
    03)Nassau Camden I MSG I,II NJ
    04)Boston I,II Reading
    05)Montreal Ottawa Toronto Borgata I,II Philly
    06) Irving plaza Albany Hartford Camden I,II NJ I,II LA I,II Gorge I,II
    07)Lolla
    08)Roo Camden I,II MSG I,II Hartford Beacon
    09)Chicago I,II Philly II,III,IV
    10)Hartford Newark MSG I,II
    11)PJ20 I,II
    13)Wrigley Brooklyn I,II Hartford
    14)Moline,milwaukee
    15)Central Park
    16)MSG I,II
    17)Wrigley I,II
    18)Wrigley I,II
    22)MSG,Camden
    24)MSG I,II
  • :roll: :fp:
    pjscreamer wrote:
    Going into dis playoof season Da kid though ok Baltimore would been eveninly matchup splitt da season series but after first 2 games never though da pitch wouldn't be da problem but instead da bats fadding out big time ...well lucky for us Raul came thougfh as well as CC in da final game vs Baltimore.Well going into Detroit Series Da kid being da eternal optimis though Bombers will pull out a series win but realailty came acalling a saw Selrel pitch and pathetic hitting Suxs about Capt injury but at least get a hitt with runners on 2 and 3rd with 1 out !Good thing Da Boss moved on R heads wouldve rolled last nite

What he said.
  • :lol:
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    jimmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

i agree with u :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Girardi coming up on Francesa if you're near a radio.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    DS1119 wrote:

i cant get a.m., there's some kind of metal in the elevator shafts that blocks it, keep us updated please.
  • Not a missive but a statement from Hal:

“I want to thank our passionate fans for their support this season.

“We fell short of our singular and constant goal, which is a World Series Championship. However, I am proud of the accomplishments of this year’s team. We earned the best record in the American League and were one of the four teams to advance to the League Championship Series, despite having to overcome and fight through a series of long-term injuries to a number of our key players.

“Make no mistake, this was a bitter end to our year, and we fully intend to examine our season in its totality, assess all of our strengths and weaknesses and take the necessary steps needed to maintain our sole focus of winning the World Series in 2013. Great teams—and organizations—use disappointment as a motivation for future improvements and success. In the days, weeks and months ahead, we plan to do what’s necessary to return this franchise to the World Series.

“Nothing has changed. Nothing will change. My family—and our organization—has a long-standing commitment to provide all of our fans a championship-caliber team year after year.

“We may have fallen short yesterday but we never feel sorry for ourselves and never make excuses. We already are beginning the process to find a way to win our 28th World Championship.

“I want to congratulate Mike Ilitch, Dave Dombrowski, Jim Leyland, and the Detroit Tigers. They certainly proved worthy of representing the American League in the World Series, and are well deserving of this honor.”
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    DS1119 wrote:

i cant get a.m., there's some kind of metal in the elevator shafts that blocks it, keep us updated please.

HA. Waiting for Girardi, the caller said this was worse than 2004 :o
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I would say statistically it was worse than 2004, but as far as overall shitiness no.
    DS1119 wrote:

I would say statistically it was worse than 2004, but as far as overall shitiness no.[/quote]

This^^^
    DS1119 wrote:

I would say statistically it was worse than 2004, but as far as overall shitiness no.

Well offensively, sure. But that and 95 were the worst baseball experiences of my life.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Well offensively, sure. But that and 95 were the worst baseball experiences of my life.

I still wish Griffey blew his acl out rounding third. :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I still wish Griffey blew his acl out rounding third. :lol:

:lol:
    Girardi is not going to say anything mildly controversial about Arod in this.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcYiLfNFTb0

Forward to 13:20, as bad as it ended , my God that Experience!
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

He sounds like he's ready to cry...which is understandable. Francesa might hold back...and as I'm typing this he brings up ARod.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,192
    How many here believe Arod won't be a Yankee next season ..

I've changed my mind i believe he will be back ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

He sounds like he's ready to cry...which is understandable. Francesa might hold back...and as I'm typing this he brings up ARod.

Yeah, lightly. Been a really rough couple weeks for him.
    Pressing him a bit
    I like Girardi a lot

Good point. A lot of people wrote off Jeter.
    How many here believe Arod won't be a Yankee next season ..

I've changed my mind i believe he will be back ..

I believe he won't be back.