The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Montero for a young offensive option wouldhave been nice to have this season and in the future.

Wouldn't Montero be the young offensive option? :?

That's what I said...or at least was intending to try and say.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Montero for a young offensive option wouldhave been nice to have this season and in the future.

Wouldn't Montero be the young offensive option? :?

That's what I said...or at least was intending to try and say.

Ahhhh, i thought you were saying trade him for a young offensive option. My bad.
    I love that the phrase "big hairy monsters" has become a Yankee catch phrase these past couple days with Cashman.

“Raul Ibanez didn’t hit in last year’s postseason for Philadelphia; he hit in this postseason for us in a massive way,” Cashman said. “Why did we gravitate to him? He’s left-handed, he’s got power, he’s selective — big, hairy monster. He was great. I think people were happy with that decision. If you have a philosophy you believe in, that’s been tested, I have no problem with people asking about it — clearly trying to challenge it, trying to dissect it and tear it apart — but I am not going to turn myself into, as Joe (Girardi) used earlier in the year, the Bronx Bunters because all of a sudden we didn’t hit for this week in October. That’s not our DNA. That’s not what makes us successful and that’s certainly not what’s getting us in the postseason every year but one year since I got here.”
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,775
    I dont like Youkilis

but its being talked about

Someone has to play 3rd...and there arent a whole lot of 3b free agents out there
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    I dont like Youkilis

Someone has to play 3rd...and there arent a whole lot of 3b free agents out there

Dude is always hurt and hasn't put together a good full season in 2 years and is rapidly declining. Arod will put up better numbers than him, count on that.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Dude is always hurt and hasn't put together a good full season in 2 years and is rapidly declining. Arod will put up better numbers than him, count on that.

When I read your first sentence I thought you were talking about ARod. :fp:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    I dont like Youkilis

Its not about Arods numbers anymore

They sat him because he was struggling...but you know damn well he has wore out his welcome

He doesnt fit in, never has to the way they do business

They'd get rid of him for a vending machine at this point
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Fair enough, but does it make sense to pay arod to play somewhere else and sign a guy who is hurt more often than Arod and who will produce less than Arod? Essentially pay $30 mil for Youkilis?

The fact that Yankees fans would even entertain Kevin Fucking Youkilis over Arod is mind boggling. There is no one in baseball I hate more than that ugly fuck and he's not even good.
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    I dont like Youkilis

They sat him because he was struggling...but you know damn well he has wore out his welcome

Dude, you're talking about Kevin Youkilis. The Yankees are a smart organization. They are not paying Arod to play somewhere else in favor of Kevin Youkilis. As Will Leitch pointed out, there are many players the Yankees brass didn't like that played for them for a long time.
    Arod has said nothing wrong this entire time. He took it like a man. "If I played the way I should be playing, Joe wouldn't be in this situation"
    CROJAM95 wrote:

I don't know about a vending machine :lol: but any deal will be analyzed, over analyzed, scutinized, dissected, etc. by the team.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Fair enough, but does it make sense to pay arod to play somewhere else and sign a guy who is hurt more often than Arod and who will produce less than Arod? Essentially pay $30 mil for Youkilis?

The fact that Yankees fans would even entertain Kevin Fucking Youkilis over Arod is mind boggling. There is no one in baseball I hate more than that ugly fuck and he's not even good.

I used to feel the same way about Johnny Damon and Roger CLemens. As far as Youk...I don't care. I just want to see ARod off of this team...and he should feel the same way.
    DS1119 wrote:

I used to feel the same way about Johnny Damon and Roger CLemens. As far as Youk...I don't care. I just want to see ARod off of this team...and he should feel the same way.

Difference is Damon and Clemens were, you know, good at baseball. Kevin Youkilis is not.
    I cannot fucking wait for Arod to be back and hope it happens. Can't.Fucking.Wait. People are fucking morons.

Everyone on this offense played like balls and ARod get singled out. It's fucking unreal and idiotic. I get the contract, but put the contract aside. Cano has the worst numbers in postseason history for someone with over 30 at bats and not a peep.

Arod took his benching like a man, and people hate him. If anything, to me, the guy has grown up and shown a lot of maturity.
    You cant look at it as an upgrade/downgrade situation

They arent getting back a 3B from the Marlins if this thing actually goes down at some point. There arent many free agent options. Yes whatever they get will be a downgrade

but then you strengthen another position like CF or RF

Whoever takes his place next year might be a 1yr stop/gap type of accusition.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I cannot fucking wait for Arod to be back and hope it happens. Can't.Fucking.Wait. People are fucking morons.

Everyone on this offense played like balls and ARod get singled out. It's fucking unreal and idiotic. I get the contract, but put the contract aside. Cano has the worst numbers in postseason history for someone with over 30 at bats and not a peep.

Arod took his benching like a man, and people hate him. If anything, to me, the guy has grown up and shown a lot of maturity.

You have seen his post season numbers since he came to the Yankees right? It'sbeyond production now IMHO. He could come back and win the triple crown next season and the Yankees make the playoffs. You knwo what the first question will be? "Can ARod do it in the playoffs". It's betterfor the team at this point just to part ways.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Took like a man and not having any legs to stand on is a thin line

I mean what was he gonna say...bitch and moan and be vilified even more???

Cmon Cliffy

No steriods...no complete years with this guy
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    You cant look at it as an upgrade/downgrade situation

They arent getting back a 3B from the Marlins if this thing actually goes down at some point. There arent many free agent options. Yes whatever they get will be a downgrade

but then you strengthen another position like CF or RF

Whoever takes his place next year might be a 1yr stop/gap type of accusition.

But it has to be an upgade/downgrade situation when you are going to be putting $30+ million into a position. If you are paying arod to play somewhere else, you better fucking be getting better production. No matter how much certain people may not like the guy, it makes no sense to pay $30+ million for 3rd base and get $5 million worth of production out of it. At that point, you just keep Arod.
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Took like a man and not having any legs to stand on is a thin line

I mean what was he gonna say...bitch and moan and be vilified even more???

Cmon Cliffy

No steriods...no complete years with this guy

He sure as hell didn't take it like a man when Torre put him at the bottom of the lineup. A lot has changed since then.
  • CROJAM95 wrote:
    I dont like Youkilis

Youkilis is a declining grinder and I say no way. if he thinks the pack of media surrounding his locker is massive in Boston, wait until he encounters that in New York. My guess is he goes to Cleveland if the White Sox don't retain him.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

You have seen his post season numbers since he came to the Yankees right? It'sbeyond production now IMHO. He could come back and win the triple crown next season and the Yankees make the playoffs. You knwo what the first question will be? "Can ARod do it in the playoffs". It's betterfor the team at this point just to part ways.

Dude, you hate the guy and you have said so, so your opinion is basically irrelevant. It's like Fixer complaining about Howard. Falls on deaf ears. How can you say it is better for the team? You have not spent on minute in the clubhouse.
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    I dont like Youkilis

Youkilis is a declining grinder and I say no way. if he thinks the pack of media surrounding his locker is massive in Boston, wait until he encounters that in New York. My guess is he goes to Cleveland if the White Sox don't retain him.

Yeah, I think its a foregone conclusion he goes to Cleveland.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Dude, you hate the guy and you have said so, so your opinion is basically irrelevant. It's like Fixer complaining about Howard. Falls on deaf ears. How can you say it is better for the team? You have not spent on minute in the clubhouse.

Have you?
    DS1119 wrote:
    Have you?

No, but I have talked to people that have. And I am not arguing it from a "team" aspect.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

He sure as hell didn't take it like a man when Torre put him at the bottom of the lineup. A lot has changed since then.

Yeah he was caught using steroids, had one good post season, and then spends half the season on either the DL or batting DH.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Have you?

No, but I have talked to people that have. And I am not arguing it from a "team" aspect.

You do realize you are about the only Yankee fan probably in the country that actually wants this idiot back? In the grandscheme of things even if the team had to pay his entire remaining salary (and they won't) is this going to impact the team economically at all? This is the perfect time to rid the team of this weight. If it's this bad fan wise right now...what the fuck is it going to be like when he's 40? From day one he was never embraced by the fans. Torre batted the guy 8th which pretty much sealed Torre's fate with the team...Girardi has pinch hit for him...benched him....he needs to go.
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Have you?

You do realize you are about the only Yankee fan probably in the country that actually wants this idiot back? In the grandscheme of things even if the team had to pay his entire remaining salary (and they won't) is this going to impact the team economically at all? This is the perfect time to rid the team of this weight. If it's this bad fan wise right now...what the fuck is it going to be like when he's 40? From day one he was never embraced by the fans. Torre batted the guy 8th which pretty much sealed Torre's fate with the team...Girardi has pinch hit for him...benched him....he needs to go.

I am actually fully aware that I am not even close to the only Yankees fan that doesn't want him gone. Every rational person I have spoken to over the past 48 hours save one or two agrees with me.

Internet lunatics want him gone, rational people understand it doesn't make a ton of sense.

I'm not saying play out the whole contract, but he has zero value right now so you are going to pay as much as you ever will have to. Why not see what happens in spring training and go from there? The guy had a broken hand and came back with no power and no timing. That is what happens.

I don't understand why because a guy was pinch hit for that he has to be traded.
    This is the most rational Yankee community on the web

http://www.bronxbanterblog.com/2012/10/ ... rodriguez/

I don't agree with his opinion, I think he is being irrational because he wants him back and doesn't think it is going to happen, but take a look through there.

You'll find a whole lot of your opinion at LoHud, River Ave and the likes.
    I guess Michael Kay is a lunatic. :crazy:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    This is the most rational Yankee community on the web

http://www.bronxbanterblog.com/2012/10/ ... rodriguez/

I don't agree with his opinion, I think he is being irrational because he wants him back and doesn't think it is going to happen, but take a look through there.

You'll find a whole lot of your opinion at LoHud, River Ave and the likes.

I love how becasue I have my opinion you discount it since it doesn't agree with yours and I must be an idiot. I;m still waiting for the team's batting average withRISP to resort back to the mean. :lol: