The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Newch91 wrote:
    I hope Cano is not looking for a huge contract. Not after the display by him in the playoffs.

Im sure Scott Boras will give us a break :lol:

Yeah. :lol:
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    ARod says he'll be a Yankee next year. I believe he has final say. Does he have a buy out in his contract? Or you could play him in the regular season, then leave him off the playoff roster.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    lukin2006 wrote:
    ARod says he'll be a Yankee next year. I believe he has final say. Does he have a buy out in his contract? Or you could play him in the regular season, then leave him off the playoff roster.

He can say what he wants in October. Let's wait and see what he says in December. :lol: And no, there's no buyout and he has a full trade clasue.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    DS1119 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

He can say what he wants in October. Let's wait and see what he says in December. :lol: And no, there's no buyout and he has a full trade clasue.

The Yankees might have to pick most of his salary :D.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • And while A-Rod blamed two weeks of postseason futility at the plate, saying it “sucked the energy out of us," another player privately made a far more indicting observation: that the ballclub was affected by the hostility from the fans at Yankee Stadium last weekend.

“I really think the booing spooked a lot of guys," the player said. “A lot of guys hadn’t been booed before, and they couldn’t believe how nasty it got in the stands."

Obviously Nick Swisher admitted to being sensitive to such treatment after Game 2, but the player said Swisher was far from alone in his reaction.

“A lot of guys were talking about it in the clubhouse," he said. “I was surprised by how much it bothered them. I really don’t think they ever recovered."

http://m.nydailynews.com/sports/basebal ... -1.1187331

Time to clean some house get rid of pansies like arod, swisher and granderson and reload for 28 next year.
    And while A-Rod blamed two weeks of postseason futility at the plate, saying it “sucked the energy out of us," another player privately made a far more indicting observation: that the ballclub was affected by the hostility from the fans at Yankee Stadium last weekend.

“I really think the booing spooked a lot of guys," the player said. “A lot of guys hadn’t been booed before, and they couldn’t believe how nasty it got in the stands."

Obviously Nick Swisher admitted to being sensitive to such treatment after Game 2, but the player said Swisher was far from alone in his reaction.

“A lot of guys were talking about it in the clubhouse," he said. “I was surprised by how much it bothered them. I really don’t think they ever recovered."

http://m.nydailynews.com/sports/basebal ... -1.1187331

Time to clean some house get rid of pansies like arod, swisher and granderson and reload for 28 next year.

Without a name it's only worht the paper it's written on. I do like Swisher but Granderson....meh, and ARod write him off like a bad loan.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Dude wtf.

That is the dumbest thing i've heard.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    I hate hate hate hate hate the strikeouts from Granderson, but I don't know how anyone couldn't like him as a person. Seems like one of the best dudes in all of baseball.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I hate hate hate hate hate the strikeouts from Granderson, but I don't know how anyone couldn't like him as a person. Seems like one of the best dudes in all of baseball.

Grandy is a great guy but his option went from 13 to 15 next year and no chance yankees extend him after that so I would pass on picking it up. You could easily slide Gardner to center and use that money on someone else. If we resign Kuroda and Andy for one more year our staff is set along with Pineda coming back.
    Montero for a young offensive option wouldhave been nice to have this season and in the future.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,775
    Youkilis

looks like Chisox will decline his $13mil option and buy him out...could be a possibility if AROD moved.
    Like I said. First order of business is Kuroda and Pettitte. Hopefully Pineda comes back healthy but that is a huge if.

Swisher and Soriano both seem to be gone. Will suck not having Soriano back there but they really don't need him for the 8th and that $13 million will look very nice somewhere else. They are definitely going to have some money to play with.

That said, there isn't much out there. The Arod talk is especially funny since there is no one to replace him. Nunez? Yeah, right. Chris Johnson? Spare me.

I know the Yankees would be interested in Cody Ross and he isn't my favorite player, but I am sure it is something to look at. Ichiro would be a nice player to have, but I also don't know how I feel about a full 162 games. I don't think the Yanks will get a full year of what they got since the deadline

Chase Headley or Justin Upton? Yes fucking please. Not gonna happen though. Too many minor league injuries.

To me, Pettitte and Kuroda are the first orders of business and both are probably going to want to take their time.

Then on to replace Swisher. I am at a loss on this one. Bourn is going to get too much money and too many years, but would look really nice in that outfield in the short term. Hamilton is not an option. I wonder if they would look at Torii Hunter for a stop gap until the kids are ready. I also really like Choo but wonder if he can stay healthy and wonder what it would take to get him. I doubt they would look at the likes of Victorino or BJ Upton.

It's wild that Hunter just had probably the best year of his career. Scares me that it was a contract year for him, but if he could reproduce that for a year or two....sheeeeeet. Gigantic if though at his age.
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Youkilis

looks like Chisox will decline his $13mil option and buy him out...could be a possibility if AROD moved.

He's a bigger question mark than Arod. And FUCK HIM
    DS1119 wrote:
    Montero for a young offensive option wouldhave been nice to have this season and in the future.

Wouldn't Montero be the young offensive option? :?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Grandy is a great guy but his option went from 13 to 15 next year and no chance yankees extend him after that so I would pass on picking it up. You could easily slide Gardner to center and use that money on someone else. If we resign Kuroda and Andy for one more year our staff is set along with Pineda coming back.

I would be very very surprised if they let him walk now but who knows. They are going to have some money with Soriano and Swisher so unless they have really big plans, and it doesn't seem like there is anyone out there to fit big plans (NO NO NO NO NO to Hamilton). then he is probably the best bet.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Youkilis

Fuck him is right!, David Wright plays third and lives in New York already
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Youkilis

you're not serious are you?

FUCK THAT BIG DICK
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • DS1119 wrote:

I think Pineda will be huge for us, if we resign Andy and Kuroda we should try to trade Hughes or nova for a bat. I would let Martin go and start working in the young catchers.
  • CROJAM95 wrote:
    Youkilis

FUCK THAT BIG DICK

Yeah fuck him and stay away from big juicy too.
    DS1119 wrote:

I think Pineda will be huge for us, if we resign Andy and Kuroda we should try to trade Hughes or nova for a bat. I would let Martin go and start working in the young catchers.

Pineda will never pitch for us..we got robbed..take that to the bank
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Youkilis

Could you imagine? :o That would be a good $35 mil being spent at 3rd base though
    DS1119 wrote:

Pineda is going to pitch, don't know what he will give the team, but he will pitch at somepoint for sure. The velocity is the concern.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Could you imagine? :o That would be a good $35 mil being spent at 3rd base though[/quote]

We'll teach A-Rod to Catch!
    DS1119 wrote:

Yeah, Romine is close but that back injury really scares me. I just don't think you can rely on Romine and Sanchez isn't close to ready.

We'll teach A-Rod to Catch!

Now, now. I clearly like Arod the most out of anyone here, but I will glady admit that he is way too big of a pussy to catch. :lol:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Pineda is going to pitch, don't know what he will give the team, but he will pitch at somepoint for sure. The velocity is the concern.

maybe 5 starts then get hurt again.....pavano round 2

i really don't think he will ever make a big impact
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,181
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Youkilis

FUCK THAT BIG DICK

Now how would you know he's a big dick or got one? :D Yankee fans do you all really think management will eat 85-100 million for Alex to play somewhere else and that's IF he allows such a trade or move? There's
    NO WAY in hell will they do such a thing ARod will be right back there at 3rd....NEXT YEAR. Just wait and see.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• DS1119 wrote:

The guy will only be 24 this January, it's way too early to make that call.
    maybe 5 starts then get hurt again.....pavano round 2

i really don't think he will ever make a big impact

I can't even begin to predict this. Way too much going on. He's young and under control for a long time which helps, and his surgery was non-invasive which is a good thing, but he is a huge guy who relies on velocity. It will be interesting, no doubt.
    g under p wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Youkilis

FUCK THAT BIG DICK

Now how would you know he's a big dick or got one? :D Yankee fans do you all really think management will eat 85-100 million for Alex to play somewhere else and that's IF he allows such a trade or move? There's
    NO WAY in hell will they do such a thing ARod will be right back there at 3rd....NEXT YEAR. Just wait and see.

Peace

You can get everyones opinion by scrolling back the past few pages. I say no fucking shot. Others think yes.