The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    45C6AEDD-8F3C-4F97-9287-97DD57181E0C-3736-000001C95807DCB8.jpg

Yankees have an elimination playoff game in less than three hours and yankees fans are making fun of Arod. ONLY Yankees fans.

We expect more that's why

No shit....everyone does. He's one of the best players of this generation. But concentrating on Arod when everyone else sucks and is not even fucking playing is pointless.

How about pointing to a certain second baseman who is actually in his prime and supposed to be one of the best hitters in the game, right now? Where has his bat gone?
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

How about pointing to a certain second baseman who is actually in his prime and supposed to be one of the best hitters in the game, right now? Where has his bat gone?

And he finished on such a tear
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    and Tex.
    WTF is with him?
    won't be surprised if after the playoffs end we hear that he had/has
    some sort of lower extremity injury.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

And he finished on such a tear

He did, historic tear, and is now nonexistent.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    cmon guys...let's get 1 for the captain
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    cmon guys...let's get 1 for the captain

One at a time.

And I have a fucking meeting from 4-5....
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

No shit....everyone does. He's one of the best players of this generation. But concentrating on Arod when everyone else sucks and is not even fucking playing is pointless.

You're 100% right, he does need to be called out. I hope his performance has given the yankees pause before they hand out another mega deal. It's extremely disappointing what's happened with the bats and after this season I expect major changes to the team as well as some coaches like k long.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    boy ... i wish i had a team that consistently makes the post season which I can rag about not performing in the playoffs ... :lol::lol::lol: ...
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,775
    its maybe the coaching too, not giving arod a huge pass....but the whole swing for the fences mentality works great in the regular season when opposing pitchers just try to get pitches over

lil different now with every pitch meaningful

Yanks cant play small ball like they did when they began and thru their dynasty.

Sometimes you get lucky like '09 and everything clicks

'01, '03 they were dominated by pitching like this year, last and probably next I'm afraid to say

Still love em, but I'd like to see this BIG $$ die and development take a bigger priority

Go Yanks
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

You're 100% right, he does need to be called out. I hope his performance has given the yankees pause before they hand out another mega deal. It's extremely disappointing what's happened with the bats and after this season I expect major changes to the team as well as some coaches like k long.

Yeah, they won't be giving out an Arod contract any time soon. I am extremely interested to see what Cano gets.

There will be some changes. I expect Swisher and Soriano to definitely be gone. Would love to see Kuroda and Pettitte back. I have been saying no Arod but who knows at this point. Shit has snowballed so I am sure we will hear about it for many months to come.
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    its maybe the coaching too, not giving arod a huge pass....but the whole swing for the fences mentality works great in the regular season when opposing pitchers just try to get pitches over

lil different now with every pitch meaningful

Yanks cant play small ball like they did when they began and thru their dynasty.

Sometimes you get lucky like '09 and everything clicks

'01, '03 they were dominated by pitching like this year, last and probably next I'm afraid to say

Still love em, but I'd like to see this BIG $$ die and development take a bigger priority

Go Yanks

They had a top 10 (or around there) farm system coming into this year. Going to be closer to 20 this year with the injuries though. Yankees are always going to spend money. Just have to hit on some other pieces.

Tough to build through development when you are in the playoffs every year and have a end of round draft pick.

There was nothing lucky about 2009. That team was a beast. From May on, they were just dominate.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    also ... when you are signing type A FA ... you are giving up picks (although i think some of that changed this year) ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    boy ... i wish i had a team that consistently makes the post season which I can rag about not performing in the playoffs ... :lol::lol::lol: ...

'tis nice
    polaris_x wrote:
    also ... when you are signing type A FA ... you are giving up picks (although i think some of that changed this year) ...

So this is where I explode everyones head and point out that Mike Trout was taken with the Yankees draft pick the Angles got for the Yankees signing Tex. :o
    wow
    already 35 years ago today
    Mr October came to be,..

545575_10151118509427781_658983883_n.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,912
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

So this is where I explode everyones head and point out that Mike Trout was taken with the Yankees draft pick the Angles got for the Yankees signing Tex. :o

wait for it......

head%2520splitting.gif
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

wait for it......

head%2520splitting.gif

:lol::lol::lol:
    Thanks Cliffy, had to take a Zantac after that
  • You ready fellas

http://youtu.be/OZ-T8B5D5QQ
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,181
    Nobody's hitting for the Yanks.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Really tex?
    TEX :evil:
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,912
    same old...
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    this is gona take a miracle, CC already over 80 pitches
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,192
    Let the finger pointing begin :corn:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    We should just Plunk Young
    this is gona take a miracle, CC already over 80 pitches

You maybe correct.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

CC dooesn't have it today but the Yankees are sticking with him though.

Peace

just wow
    platessmall.jpg
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    annnnnnd let the fire joe and clean house debates begin!