The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,181
    rival. wrote:
    annnnnnd let the fire joe and clean house debates begin!

Why, the team won over 90 games this year and won their division all with many injuries.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    g under p wrote:
    rival. wrote:

Why, the team won over 90 games this year and won their division all with many injuries.

Peace

that rational thinking doesn't always apply to the yankees upper management.

the yankees are about to get swept in a playoff series for the first time in 30 some odd years due to a TEAM batting average of under .200. heads will roll, and you know what they say... you can't fire the players!
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    rival. wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    rival. wrote:

Peace

that rational thinking doesn't always apply to the yankees upper management.

the yankees are about to get swept in a playoff series for the first time in 30 some odd years due to a TEAM batting average of under .200. heads will roll, and you know what they say... you can't fire the players!

Unfortunatey I think youre right.
    But in reality, does firing Kevin Long solve the batting woes?
    Thats really hard to believe,..
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    You know what it feels like, honestly, like the Fix is in, like we are laying down for some reason, it's crazy but there's no other explanation, unless somebody's drugging the Gatorade.
    183944_10151099321092966_6161383_n.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    You know what it feels like, honestly, like the Fix is in, like we are laying down for some reason, it's crazy but there's no other explanation, unless somebody's drugging the Gatorade.

I have an explanation...you're team is getting spanked by superior pitching...life's a bitch sometimes.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Happy trails Kevin Long. Happy trails ARod.
    DS1119 wrote:

Do really think someone wants ARod at 33 million a year? I imagine the yanks will need to pick up 75% of that contract.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

lukin2006 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Do really think someone wants ARod at 33 million a year? I imagine the yanks will need to pick up 75% of that contract.

The Yankees will do what they have to to make sure he's not on the roster come spring time. 100% convinced of that.
    Bye Bye Yankees... :D

• Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,247
    Sorry Yanks
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
    A big congratulations to Max Sherzer for getting the victory to send the Tigers to the world series...he pitched tremendously this year...pitching with a heavy heart...many may not know this his younger brother who suffer from depression committed suicide earlier in the season.

• lukin2006 wrote:
    A big congratulations to Max Sherzer for getting the victory to send the Tigers to the world series...he pitched tremendously this year...pitching with a heavy heart...many may not know this his younger brother who suffer from depression committed suicide earlier in the season.

Fuck max sherzer
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    thanks for another fuN season NYY

ENDED BAD BUT ITS ALWAYS FUN WITH THE YANKS

we will always hold our heads high

they are the best franchise ever...
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    thanks for another fuN season NYY

ENDED BAD BUT ITS ALWAYS FUN WITH THE YANKS

we will always hold our heads high

Indeed.

Hats off to the Tigers .
    They simply deserved it.

We will be back to follow them next year regardless,
    let's just hope they'll get to the promised land .
    platessmall.jpg
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Damn right.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Way to make the Detroit pitchers like Cy Young or Sandy Koufax (the only one dominant like them is Verlander). Pathetic that TEAM batting average was under .200. :fp: Steinbrenner is rolling in his grave right now.

Get ready for a fun (and probably drama-filled) off season.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,774
    Nov 12 Yankees Hot Stove
    I miss igotid88
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,762
    igotid88 wrote:
    Nov 12 Yankees Hot Stove

Nov. 12th? How about Oct. 18th?> :lol:
    Whatever happened to "The Bronx Bombers"? They looked like "The Bronx Bums" today and this series. :fp:
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    It's been real, swish.

Going to be a very interesting offseason. First two orders of business are Kuroda and pettitte.

What a miserable end to this season. Hopefully a few people fall off the bandwagon and I can move down a few rows.
    Arod has no interest in waiving his no trade clause. Things can change but id put money on him being back
    I do want to echo neily, it's been fun as always. A winter ahead and then spring training as the weather begins to break. God I love the northeast. Time to pound through some books and plan a wedding
    Now that the season is over, I can get back to studying?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Arod has no interest in waiving his no trade clause.

Sounds good for a media soundbite but he also called out Joe Girardi in my opinion withsome of his statements.

He's going to look good playing next to Reyes next year. :lol:
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I do want to echo neily, it's been fun as always. A winter ahead and then spring training as the weather begins to break. God I love the northeast. Time to pound through some books and plan a wedding

same here ...plan a wedding...and i have the navy seal book (guy who killed bin laden)
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    If you asked my honest opinion early in the year i'd say yanks are a post season team, but i just don't see them having the SP of a world series champion.

It is interesting how it wasn't the SP that let them down it was the hitting. Some things you just can't explain.

Team won a lot of games it was a good team. They got cold at the worst possible time.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    I wonder what other bad contracts are out there the Yankees can take a shot with in exchange for ARod?
    I hope Cano is not looking for a huge contract. Not after the display by him in the playoffs.
  • Newch91 wrote:
    I hope Cano is not looking for a huge contract. Not after the display by him in the playoffs.

Im sure Scott Boras will give us a break :lol: