The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,511
    regular season in a blowout game is one thing

but not in the ALCS while the "team" is getting embarassed ....after he had gotten benched for being a bum who makes 30 mil

i am really enjoying the alcs this year.

as you should..one of the guys you didn't need made history twice in 4 days :lol:

like i said on facebook, it was at the expence of a-fraud. so i was cool with it. and the 2nd time resulted in a loss anyway so it's all good. ;)
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

And I bet you are enjoying the NLCS even more so with the Phillies doing so well.........oh wait. I was mistaken.

punch

counter punch

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    81 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

And I bet you are enjoying the NLCS even more so with the Phillies doing so well.........oh wait. I was mistaken.

punch

counter punch

body blow body blow...left left....knock him out :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

question is..which one is piston hurricane and which one is bald bull :? :geek:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    81 wrote:

i'm go with jugs as bald bull.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    As a Tiger fan ... I still don't consider this series over, even though we've yet to use 1 and 2 starter all it takes is a Yankee win and the series is on...and it's not like we've been hitting lights out either.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I'm sure as soon as the bats come back the pitching will go away. :fp:
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,712
    lukin2006 wrote:
    As a Tiger fan ... I still don't consider this series over, even though we've yet to use 1 and 2 starter all it takes is a Yankee win and the series is on...and it's not like we've been hitting lights out either.

I know I am stating the obvious, but if the Yankees can steal tonight, they have CC going to tie it up tomorrow. Tall task and I would say doable if I hadn't watched this team hit recently. We'll see. I never like to look at any non elimination game as a must win, but this is as close as it gets.
    81 wrote:

81 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

punch

counter punch

cliff's funny. however he has taken plenty of shots at the phils over the years while the yanks were out of it. eye for any eye.
    www.myspace.com
    cliff's funny. however he has taken plenty of shots at the phils over the years while the yanks were out of it. eye for any eye.

Just last year ;)
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Just last year ;)

indeed.

and who references piston hurricane instead of the old school piston honda?

i think that is a potentially fradulent reference.
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Just last year ;)

indeed.

and who references piston hurricane instead of the old school piston honda?

i think that is a potentially fradulent reference.

hey man it was the only 2 guys i remembered....
    ohh wait...GLASS JOE 8-)

THATS JUGS.... :D
    Was there a guy called Piston Honda? I don't remember him.
    DS1119 wrote:

DIFFERENT GAME...don't remember which one
    DS1119 wrote:

Ahh.
    DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Ahh.

he was in the original game. this piston hurricane fraud appeared on the wii version or something.
    www.myspace.com
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

I know I am stating the obvious, but if the Yankees can steal tonight, they have CC going to tie it up tomorrow. Tall task and I would say doable if I hadn't watched this team hit recently. We'll see. I never like to look at any non elimination game as a must win, but this is as close as it gets.

I will say this ... I think the Yankees are in tough tonight ... Since mid September Verlander might be pitching better than ever. I also will not concede Wednesday's game either ... up until mid September when Verlander really got into a groove a case could be made that Sherzer was our best pitcher and was pitching as good as anyone in baseball. That's the biggest difference between this Tiger team and last years team ... we went into the playoffs with 2 consistent starter now we have 4 consistent starters and probably the deepest staff in baseball.

The only thing that worries me is Valverde ... I suspect if he's used he'll be kept on a short leash ... other than him and sometime Benoit I like our bullpen ... and we haven't used Al Alburquerque yet.

I just don't expect the Yankees to roll over ... they've been here too many times ...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • lukin2006 wrote:
    I just don't expect the Yankees to roll over ... they've been here too many times ...

Long way to go in this series, especially with doofus Valverde out there.

But, hopefully you guys join my team soon. ;)

Cliffy, where's that website that charts home runs? I'd like to see how many of Raul's would've been routine fly balls in 29 ballparks.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

Ahh.

he was in the original game. this piston hurricane fraud appeared on the wii version or something.[/quote]

Now when someone mentions the original game this is what I think of it. I think it came out in 86 or 87. I fed so many quarters into that thing I'm sure I could have just bought it. :fp:

AAAAC1N1BrUAAAAAAD2DPw.jpg?v=1237860749000
    edited October 2012
    lukin2006 wrote:

Long way to go in this series, especially with doofus Valverde out there.

But, hopefully you guys join my team soon. ;)

Cliffy, where's that website that charts home runs? I'd like to see how many of Raul's would've been routine fly balls in 29 ballparks.

Suprisingly, only 1 during the regular season. Most of them were no doubters. Dude does get into them. Trying to find the post season now.

http://hittrackeronline.com/detail.php? ... ype=hitter

Edit: Playoffs here. Better than I would have expected even.

http://hittrackeronline.com/detail.php? ... ype=hitter
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    DS1119 wrote:

Ahh.

he was in the original game. this piston hurricane fraud appeared on the wii version or something.

noooo he was in the arcade game with glass joe and bald bull
    DS1119 wrote:

Ahh.

Now when someone mentions the original game this is what I think of it. I think it came out in 86 or 87. I fed so many quarters into that thing I'm sure I could have just bought it. :fp:

AAAAC1N1BrUAAAAAAD2DPw.jpg?v=1237860749000[/quote]

yes..this had piston hurricane
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,181
    Say is this true that Arod passed out his number on a baseball to some chicks in the stands DURING the game?
    Say it ain't so, Alex.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:
    Say is this true that Arod passed out his number on a baseball to some chicks in the stands DURING the game?
    Say it ain't so, Alex.

Peace

the article was posted last page or 2 back
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,181
    Oh boy it was true and that's a shame. I gather either way win or lose he's still going to get paid. Some here in Miami wnat Arod down here...for what I don't know...to bring in fans maybe but they want the Yankees to pick up a majority of the contract.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:
    Oh boy it was true and that's a shame. I gather either way win or lose he's still going to get paid. Some here in Miami wnat Arod down here...for what I don't know...to bring in fans maybe but they want the Yankees to pick up a majority of the contract.

Peace

There wouldn't a shrtage of teams willing to take AFRaud if the Yankees picked up most of the contract just becasue of his potential. Unfortunately he has a slider speed bat right now.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,914
    here's my completely unsolicited :lol: take on what's wrong with the yankees....

the stadium....I've never been there but it looks like you bought a bill of goods for $1.5B....maybe it's got steakhouses and strip clubs but on TV it's an unappealing, symmetrical, blue blob. you NEVER hear of it in a "best ballpark" rating. I know it was built 10 years earlier, but the Giants did their park for $320M. is "the stadium" :roll: really 4-5 times nicer? don't think so. just about every other new stadium has standing room...yankee stadium? poofy seats. every other new stadium has an interesting quirkiness (only the marlins are gimmicky). yankee stadium appears to have NO charm. bottom line...it's a corporate environment for a very corporate product. I do give you props for not jumping on the rally rag, thunderstick bandwagon but you gotta do something to breathe some life into that place. fuck, import some oakland fans :lol:

the team....it's all been said before. mercenaries. you have three homegrowners of any consequence. every other starter is there for a paycheck. if any of these guys have any personality, I've never seen it. the appearance code is ridiculous....you play in the most diverse place on earth and your players look like bumfuck, iowa. there seems to be no fan-player connection because these guys are mostly overpaid robots. my giants have had a few overpaid and/or under producing guys in the past few years but we liked them because they cared (zito), hustled (rowand) or at least tried (huff). on top of that, they were allowed to show some personality. are the yanks the only big spenders? no...but I think the sox have seen the light and their next team will be much more appealing to the fans, win or lose. the phillies spent a boatload too but a lot of that was on homegrown guys. the angels? fuck them, too :lol:

you're stuck with a-fraud and tex. jeter, too, to an extent. IMHO, the yankees would be better better off in eating as much bad payroll as they can and essentially starting over. it's not gonna get any better with THIS bunch.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16