The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    1996 Atlanta, it can Happen! i've Seen it Happen, Lets Kick some ASS for The Captain!
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,181
    polaris_x wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    Good points Cliffy If the team would just win the fans will fill the place or at least they SHOULD.

Peace

uhhh ... the team is in the ALCS ... it IS winning ... you can't say the stadium would have been filled if they were winning because if they weren't - they wouldn't be a game ...

like a lot of pro sports ... it's all about dollars, corporate boxes and catering to the wealthy ... people that have no real interest in the game but rather are there just because it's "cool" ... real fans are being pushed away in a lot of places ...

Yeah you are correct, it does come down to money and who can affprd it....mostly wealthy people with cash they can blow on a game. I'm pretty sure it's no different at Fenway Park and many other ball parks. Here in South Florida I went to my first game over the summer to Marlins Park and we got nice seats along the first base line 29 rows up for $40 bucks in a closed airconditioned stadium. After the game a very nice fireworks show that was a good bang for a buck.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    I think this article sums up my feelings on the new place vs. the old place:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/yankees-wo ... -alcs.html

That being said, it's embarrassing at the severe lack of contact and the strikeouts they are piling up 67 in 72 innings now.

great article, thanks for posting. this sums it ALL up:

No matter how the Yankees spin this – team president Randy Levine had the hubris to blame StubHub – the swiss-cheese crowd is a stunning indictment on their failures to transition the atmosphere of the old stadium to the new one.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Some jagoff who kicks people out or yells at them for doing anything that is remotely fun.

Edit: Here you go. Xavier pointed me in the direction of this.

http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread.ph ... -Guys-Lady

sickening. i was 16 and sitting in the very last row in the right field bleachers during game 6 of the 1998 ALCS game against the indians, and when the yankees got the final out to advance to the WS, me, my dad, my uncle were BANGING THE SHIT out of the aluminum like backing behind us and i remember an NYPD cop JOINING US in the the ruckus. by far the best experience i ever had at a live sporting event. the stadium was one big party with 50K in attendance.

times have changed. any chance they can knock down the new stadium and put the old one back up?
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    rival. wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Some jagoff who kicks people out or yells at them for doing anything that is remotely fun.

sickening. i was 16 and sitting in the very last row in the right field bleachers during game 6 of the 1998 ALCS game against the indians, and when the yankees got the final out to advance to the WS, me, my dad, my uncle were BANGING THE SHIT out of the aluminum like backing behind us and i remember an NYPD cop JOINING US in the the ruckus. by far the best experience i ever had at a live sporting event. the stadium was one big party with 50K in attendance.

times have changed. any chance they can knock down the new stadium and put the old one back up?
    Still wondering why they tore it down.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Newch91 wrote:
    rival. wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Still wondering why they tore it down.

I'm all for putting the old one back.
    They should have kept the old one as a museum.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:

as cocky as it sounds, it should have became the new baseball hall of fame. the new cooperstown.
    rival. wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

as cocky as it sounds, it should have became the new baseball hall of fame. the new cooperstown.
    :thumbup: Not cocky at all.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Arod flirting with the girl in the stands during the game???????

i've had enough of these clowns

shows you how much he really cares..they should just cut him

fucking steroid bum
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

fucking steroid bum
    :fp: Please tell me that's not true.
    Newch91 wrote:

fucking steroid bum
    :fp: Please tell me that's not true.

wrote his info on a ball ..gave it to the ballboy to give to the girl

the people around the girl wanted to know what it said
    story broke like that

its very true
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

fucking steroid bum

Well if he can't score on the field might as well try to score somewhere else. :fp:
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Said article and pics. Apparently arod has serious vision issues.

http://m.nypost.com/p/news/local/rod_pl ... gdu1bvXCLP
    LloydXmas wrote:

i said the same....
    I jut can't believe he would have the balls to do it during a playof series AND he's playing like a very bad bench player right now.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Newch91 wrote:
    rival. wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

:thumbup: Not cocky at all.
    Cooperstown is perfect as is.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Yeah. I like Cooperstown. Far enough away that I don't want to go every year. The drive up from CT is great
    DS1119 wrote:
    I jut can't believe he would have the balls to do it during a playof series AND he's playing like a very bad bench player right now.

at least he stopped when jeter broke his ankle :roll:
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    yikes ... anyone still an arod fan!? ...
    polaris_x wrote:

Trade him to a Korean Legue and pay his salary. :lol:
  • LloydXmas wrote:

i said the same....

If I was one of the women, I'd have replied back by asking if someone could pinch hit for him on the date and if that someone could get a hit with runners in scoring position or make contact..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,712
    LloydXmas wrote:

i said the same....

If I was one of the women, I'd have replied back by asking if someone could pinch hit for him on the date and if that someone could get a hit with runners in scoring position or make contact..

Ha, that's pretty funny.

While I'll agree it is very poor timing and a very Arod thing to do, especially when he is playing so terribly, I just can't get too worked up over this. From what I understand, he was already out of the game and you know, ballplayers have been doing this shit since the day the game was invented. Well, at least when chicks started going to games some 50 years ago.

Two things this morning made me realize what a different game it is today. The Matt Holiday slide and this.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/ ... nd-laughs/

And then this Arod outrage. Shit, Mickey Mantle laughs at that...
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    DS1119 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

Trade him to a Korean Legue and pay his salary. :lol:

that's a whole new country of women! ... i'm pretty sure he'd be ok with that ... :lol:
    I'm still surprised the Yankees aren't going with CC tonight.
    regular season in a blowout game is one thing

but not in the ALCS while the "team" is getting embarassed ....after he had gotten benched for being a bum who makes 30 mil

but not in the ALCS while the "team" is getting embarassed ....after he had gotten benched for being a bum who makes 30 mil

I agree that it was terrible timing and shows a lack of awareness, which is nothing new with him, I just don't think it has any impact on anything.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,511

i am really enjoying the alcs this year.
    www.myspace.com

And I bet you are enjoying the NLCS even more so with the Phillies doing so well.........oh wait. I was mistaken.

as you should..one of the guys you didn't need made history twice in 4 days :lol: