The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    rival. wrote:
    whelp...

bats are non existent

such a shame with the great pitching they have gotten in every game

life goes on boys.....don't lose any sleep ;)
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Frustrating to watch! :evil: :evil:

Wish Steinbrenner was still around to criticize the team right now. Maybe that would have lit a fuse in them.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    rival. wrote:
    whelp...

bats are non existent

this year will sting a little more. no rangers/NHL to take the mind off a yankees elimination. DAMN YOU BETTMAN!!
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Here's to hoping we pull off a miracle and win this series....especially since if the Yanks make it to the World Series, they play in NY on my birthday, and I'll likely be going home to catch the game! That would be one hell of a present!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    rival. wrote:
    rival. wrote:
    whelp...

bats are non existent

this year will sting a little more. no rangers/NHL to take the mind off a yankees elimination. DAMN YOU BETTMAN!!

if this series holds up......SURFING will step into my #1 favorite sport :fp: :fp:
    NHL COME BAAAAAAAAAACK
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I have some good news for you Yankees fans...ARod is signed for 5 more years.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    One win and the series is 2-1. Too much talent on this team to not hit. I have been critical of this team's offense all season and I believe rightfully so, but there's no excsue for everyone to be hitting under .100. Way too much talent. I think a day off will serve this team well. All of these extra inning games...loss of your Captain...just no breaks. I just hope they can recharge their batteries a little...step away and realize what needs to get done.

On a side note...Girardi looks exhausted. Couple the loss of his Dad with what's going on with the team I look at his face and he just seems to have no energy to me. :(
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,222
    edited October 2012
    I think this article sums up my feelings on the new place vs. the old place:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/yankees-wo ... -alcs.html

That being said, it's embarrassing at the severe lack of contact and the strikeouts they are piling up 67 in 72 innings now.
    Post edited by xavier mcdaniel on
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    DS1119 wrote:
    One win and the series is 2-1. Too much talent on this team to not hit. I have been critical of this team's offense all season and I believe rightfully so, but there's no excsue for everyone to be hitting under .100. Way too much talent. I think a day off will serve this team well. All of these extra inning games...loss of your Captain...just no breaks. I just hope they can recharge their batteries a little...step away and realize what needs to get done.

On a side note...Girardi looks exhausted. Couple the loss of his Dad with what's going on with the team I look at his face and he just seems to have no energy to me. :(

You are right...you'd have to be crazy to think this series is over...especially as frustrating as the Tigers have been all year. I do however like our chances being up 2-0 and not using Verlander and Sherzer yet. But it takes 4 to win and the Yankees have too much pride to just lay there.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Newch91 wrote:
    Frustrating to watch! :evil: :evil:

Wish Steinbrenner was still around to criticize the team right now. Maybe that would have lit a fuse in them.

If the boss was still around Kevin long would've been long gone.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

That being said, it's embarrassing at the severe lack of contact and the strikeouts they are piling up 67 in 72 innings now.

inew york isn't what it used to be ... not just as it relates to the yankees ...
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,914

I saw that article too.....for an outsider (me), yankee stadium looks completely lifeless and corporate....it may be different in the upper deck with sal and vinnie, but the people down low aren't baseball fans.

also, this team hardly has any likeable players....
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,181
    imalive wrote:

I saw that article too.....for an outsider (me), yankee stadium looks completely lifeless and corporate....it may be different in the upper deck with sal and vinnie, but the people down low aren't baseball fans.

also, this team hardly has any likeable players....

The odd thing is the Yankees aren't hurting because all those lower level seats are mostly already sold. It's just strange how they don't show up if the Yankees are not doing well especially during the playoffs.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

I think I'm coming to the conclusion that the season will be over very soon. I don't see this team winning 2 games in this series. I'll be surprised with 1 win. I've lost so much hope for this team that I wouldn't be surprised if Verlander throws a no-hitter tomorrow against the Yankees. That's how frustrating it's been to watch this team.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,712
    Wow. I don't really know what else to say. Saturday was as brutal of a loss as I can ever remember. Definitely the worst since 2004. Just fucking brutal.

Absolutely unreal what has happened to the offense. And boo fucking hoo, Swisher. Cry me a fucking river. Pitching has been fantastic. Priority number one this offseason should be getting Kuroda back next year.

The empty seats are just sad. I don't really have an explanation. My best guess would be that it's a combination of a lot of things. The 90's bandwagon getting older and falling off, the culture of the new place and the secondary ticket market. I want to punch the fucking "captain" in the face, and I am not talking about Jeter. Every time I said something to a Baltimore fan, one of the god damn ushers had something to say to me within 10 seconds. "Stop standing on the bleacher, stop yelling at them, stop this, stop that" FUCK OFF. It's all in good fun and nothing was out of line. I have been known to get out of line and there was NOTHING out of line.

I don't know what else to say. Hughes beat Verlander once this year, hopefully he can do it again but who the fuck knows. Someone needs to wake up. I was slowly coming around to Swisher but fuck that shit. Quit fucking crying about the fans and play the game.
  • I've said this numerous times on and offline, but it seems like the problem besides the prices is that a lot of these new stadiums do anything to discourage you (well maybe not me and others in thread) from actually watching the game. What they do on the scoreboard with the Yankees on demand with that girl Tara something going around the stadium and telling you what deal you can get with your mastercard is symbolic of that.

also is the numerous bars and clubs both stadiums have in New York. For example with the Mets, I get free tickets a few times a year with access to the Caeser's club, but I don't ever use it during the game, but I know there are people doing it and essentially they're watching a game on TV on a couch, which I could do at home.

Nothing beats seeing a great game in person, but considering the downward spiral of the fan experience because of the insistence of making everything a money grab, there's a lot to be said for watching the game on your couch in HD or at a good bar with an HD TV.

Not that I think they will, but perhaps if it continues into next year, teams notably the Yankee will make legit efforts to improve the fan experience on all levels (I'm not holding my breath on that one).
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,181
    Good points Cliffy If the team would just win the fans will fill the place or at least they SHOULD.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    they listed both games as 47 K in attendance- about what , 5 K under cpacity?

I cant see there being 47K people there those 2 days-
    On TV, it looked like there were soooo many empty seats in that place !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    g under p wrote:
    Good points Cliffy If the team would just win the fans will fill the place or at least they SHOULD.

Peace

uhhh ... the team is in the ALCS ... it IS winning ... you can't say the stadium would have been filled if they were winning because if they weren't - they wouldn't be a game ...

like a lot of pro sports ... it's all about dollars, corporate boxes and catering to the wealthy ... people that have no real interest in the game but rather are there just because it's "cool" ... real fans are being pushed away in a lot of places ...
    I've said this numerous times on and offline, but it seems like the problem besides the prices is that a lot of these new stadiums do anything to discourage you (well maybe not me and others in thread) from actually watching the game. What they do on the scoreboard with the Yankees on demand with that girl Tara something going around the stadium and telling you what deal you can get with your mastercard is symbolic of that.

also is the numerous bars and clubs both stadiums have in New York. For example with the Mets, I get free tickets a few times a year with access to the Caeser's club, but I don't ever use it during the game, but I know there are people doing it and essentially they're watching a game on TV on a couch, which I could do at home.

Nothing beats seeing a great game in person, but considering the downward spiral of the fan experience because of the insistence of making everything a money grab, there's a lot to be said for watching the game on your couch in HD or at a good bar with an HD TV.

Not that I think they will, but perhaps if it continues into next year, teams notably the Yankee will make legit efforts to improve the fan experience on all levels (I'm not holding my breath on that one).

That shit is so annoying. I don't give a shit that I can get a bucket of fucking sliders for $12 or whatever. I agree with the fact that having people buy the seats but not be in them is definitely an issue, but I think the entire culture there is a bigger issue. The bleachers were fun and were definitely more rowdy than the rest of the stadium, but like I said, there are two ushers to a section yelling at people constantly. anted I now have a Sunday package rather than Saturday, but my seats in Section 411 is like a fucking church service half the time.

Yankees are going to have to do something. They can't keep this rate. The number 1 thing I would do is fire the fucking captain and let people have fun, but that's not going to happen. Stop making people pay $150+ for a lower level ticket and get some real fans down lower. Granted the team is not giving the fans anything to cheer about but fuck, this is the playoffs, I should be able to yell at an opposing player, within reason, without getting yelled at by a god damn usher.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I've said this numerous times on and offline, but it seems like the problem besides the prices is that a lot of these new stadiums do anything to discourage you (well maybe not me and others in thread) from actually watching the game. What they do on the scoreboard with the Yankees on demand with that girl Tara something going around the stadium and telling you what deal you can get with your mastercard is symbolic of that.

That shit is so annoying. I don't give a shit that I can get a bucket of fucking sliders for $12 or whatever. I agree with the fact that having people buy the seats but not be in them is definitely an issue, but I think the entire culture there is a bigger issue. The bleachers were fun and were definitely more rowdy than the rest of the stadium, but like I said, there are two ushers to a section yelling at people constantly. anted I now have a Sunday package rather than Saturday, but my seats in Section 411 is like a fucking church service half the time.

Yankees are going to have to do something. They can't keep this rate. The number 1 thing I would do is fire the fucking captain and let people have fun, but that's not going to happen. Stop making people pay $150+ for a lower level ticket and get some real fans down lower. Granted the team is not giving the fans anything to cheer about but fuck, this is the playoffs, I should be able to yell at an opposing player, within reason, without getting yelled at by a god damn usher.
    Who is this supposed "captain" you speak of?
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    $150 for a lower!?!?! Like, lower infield or lower outfield?

Granted Seattle is a terrible ball club, but I was in the infield (dugout) 15 rows up for $70 just this summer. I think Behind home plate was around $80. Ditto for Toronto. Wrigley my brother and I got good seatsjust outside the infield about 40 rows up for $50.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158

Granted Seattle is a terrible ball club, but I was in the infield (dugout) 15 rows up for $70 just this summer. I think Behind home plate was around $80. Ditto for Toronto. Wrigley my brother and I got good seatsjust outside the infield about 40 rows up for $50.

All the lower seats are Corporate of part of Expensive packages.

All the lower seats are Corporate of part of Expensive packages.
    Jesus... Like I said, kind of apples and oranges but in Toronto this year I was 8 rows up right at first base for $80.

Just curious, assuming you're not in an 'obstructed view' seat, what's the cheapest 'get in the building' ticket?
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    Jesus just looked... $400+ for Section 115? That's insanity.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    if i remember right it's 12.50 for bleachers seats might be 15, that's where you'll find me.

Lucky it's also where all the hot chicks are 8-)
    if i remember right it's 12.50 for bleachers seats might be 15, that's where you'll find me.

Lucky it's also where all the hot chicks are 8-)
    That's on par with everywhere else I've been, so that's not too bad.
    Newch91 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Who is this supposed "captain" you speak of?

Some jagoff who kicks people out or yells at them for doing anything that is remotely fun.

Edit: Here you go. Xavier pointed me in the direction of this.

http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread.ph ... -Guys-Lady
    Thanks. What dicks. Let the fans have fun. We've paid the money to see the team play. Let us have fun. Fans playfully mess with other fans; some fans take it too serious.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    too loud?

really ?

smh
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life