The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    I don't think I have ever seen umpire's interference before. :think:

I just came on to say. I don't get that shit a little bit. The catcher either cocks back too far or the umpire fucks up and the Yankees are penalized. Baseball is a hell of a game. If I were a catcher, I would sit back in running situations. I don't like that rule and not just because it cost the Yankees a run.

I agree. Maybe Martin should just lean back from now on when he doesn't have a shot. I never even knew or thought such a rule existed.

Either did I and why the hell not. Such a dumb rule. Probably still in the books because it never happens so no one complains about it.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Either did I and why the hell not. Such a dumb rule. Probably still in the books because it never happens so no one complains about it.

I figured it would be like any other ump in play. A ball hits an ump you just play through it. A catcher happens to hit the home plate ump you just play through it. Guess not. Dumb rule. Almost figure that if the runner would have to return to the base the pitch would have to be replayed as well. :?
    Tampa Bay fans I'm sure still wished Farnworthless was on the DL. :lol:
    Robbie!
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I figured it would be like any other ump in play. A ball hits an ump you just play through it. A catcher happens to hit the home plate ump you just play through it. Guess not. Dumb rule. Almost figure that if the runner would have to return to the base the pitch would have to be replayed as well. :?

Yeah, agreed completely.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Robbie!

i love having cano and grandy on my fant team. plus, my opponent this week has that animal Price on his team. he will NOT factor in the decision.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,790
    3 of the 4 runs were not because of the homerun. So does that take away from winning without a hr? If the lead holds?
    I miss igotid88
    davidtrios wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Robbie!

i love having cano and grandy on my fant team. plus, my opponent this week has that animal Price on his team. he will NOT factor in the decision.

I love having Cano and Grady on my real team :lol: But yeah, gotta be pretty nice.
    Back to the deck. Hopefully a bounce back from Robertson.
    igotid88 wrote:
    3 of the 4 runs were not because of the homerun. So does that take away from winning without a hr? If the lead holds?

They actually did hit a homerun so no it doesn't.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    soriano/yanks need this 9th bad
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    DS1119 wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:

I said 3 of the 4. But what I meant was the hr wasn't the majority of the runs.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:

I said 3 of the 4. But what I meant was the hr wasn't the majority of the runs.

SO I guess I'm confused by what you mean. :?
    Come on Cano. Just push one the other way. DONT PULL THE BALL...THINK THE OTHER WAY!!!!!!!
    Yup. Tried pulling it. :fp:
    DS1119 wrote:

You complaining about cano? Really? After he went up the middle to drivr in yhe winning runs. Dude got a hold of that one. Of all players on this team, the one guy that hits everything and anything everywhere.
    Yankees won. Sucks for DS

Great win especially with the way price was dealing.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

You complaining about cano? Really? After he went up the middle to drivr in yhe winning runs. Dude got a hold of that one. Of all players on this team, the one guy that hits everything and anything everywhere.

Bases loaded...two outs...bottom of the eighth...one run lead Yes. He should not have been trying to pull the ball like he was. They won but just a single there scores two runs. No reason to try and put one in the seats there.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

i was tempted to bet the rays today :oops:

BIG character win against a division ace (although good old Kyle lost the game for them)

needed that going into boston with 7 1/2 games on them and back to 5 in the division

nice off day also
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

8-7 over the last 15.
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Bases loaded...two outs...bottom of the eighth...one run lead Yes. He should not have been trying to pull the ball like he was. They won but just a single there scores two runs. No reason to try and put one in the seats there.

Dude hit a pea to dead center. Cano is the one player you cannot complain about and takes what he is given and just hits. Straight back up the middle on a line. What you want hitters to do. Maybe if he didn't make good contact he could have hit a dribbler through the other side. That's what K Long should teach him to do. Be late on it and maybe he'll bounce one through.

Yankees win. America's birthday. Not in the mood to teach anyone about baseball.
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

8-7 over the last 15.

What's your point? Hot and cold stretches. 162 games. On pace for 98 wins I believe at the half way point.

Try again. I am sure you can talk to metsfan in his thread. Misery loves company.
    DS..you cant be serious?? he crushed that ball
    after getting a winning hit in the 8th ..down 1-2 to a lefty
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

i was tempted to bet the rays today :oops:

BIG character win against a division ace (although good old Kyle lost the game for them)

needed that going into boston with 7 1/2 games on them and back to 5 in the division

nice off day also

I was nervous coming in. Big win. Should be a fun weekend.
    DS..you cant be serious?? he crushed that ball
    after getting a winning hit in the 8th ..down 1-2 to a lefty

Bingo

Yep, this is what we have to deal with now in this thread.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Dude hit a pea to dead center. Cano is the one player you cannot complain about and takes what he is given and just hits. Straight back up the middle on a line. What you want hitters to do. Maybe if he didn't make good contact he could have hit a dribbler through the other side. That's what K Long should teach him to do. Be late on it and maybe he'll bounce one through.

Yankees win. America's birthday. Not in the mood to teach anyone about baseball.

Is there seriously anyhthing anyone can say about the Yankees that you don't feel you have to educate them about? Seriously? Until you get put on a major league payroll your opinion means just as much as mine. He tried pulling the ball in that at bat. You have a chance to slow the at bat down...sit on a pitch and dink one the other way for a possible two runs late in the game you take it. He went up and uncorked on the first pitch trying to yank one out.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

8-7 over the last 15.

What's your point? Hot and cold stretches. 162 games. On pace for 98 wins I believe at the half way point.

Try again. I am sure you can talk to metsfan in his thread. Misery loves company.

My point is trends...and this team is trending downward at this point.
    DS1119 wrote:

SO I guess I'm confused by what you mean. :?

they won not mainly because of the homerun
    I miss igotid88
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Is there seriously anyhthing anyone can say about the Yankees that you don't feel you have to educate them about? Seriously? Until you get put on a major league payroll your opinion means just as much as mine. He tried pulling the ball in that at bat. You have a chance to slow the at bat down...sit on a pitch and dink one the other way for a possible two runs late in the game you take it. He went up and uncorked on the first pitch trying to yank one out.

:lol::lol:

You are complaining about Cano.

Next time be late on it Robbie. Perhaps it will slip through the other side.

Yankees win.
    DS1119 wrote:

My point is trends...and this team is trending downward at this point.

Hot and cold stretches, brother. 162 games. In the words of a wise man..."This ain't football, we do this everyday"