The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    igotid88 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:
    More bases loaded woes

Yeah but some would claim the team doesn't have a problem. They lead the league in HRs and runs. :fp:

two 2 run hrs. Runs are runs

Until they stop. :lol:
    YES just showed the American League starters for the all star game and listed José Bautista as a Yankee. :fp:
    Thank you Michael Kay for again pointing it out.

Yankee records

Games with HR 46-17 5.4 runs per game
    Games w/out HR 1-13 1.5 runs per game
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    DS1119 wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Yeah but some would claim the team doesn't have a problem. They lead the league in HRs and runs. :fp:

two 2 run hrs. Runs are runs

Until they stop. :lol:

i really think this is the fixer ....you hacked into DS account :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    DS1119 wrote:

Yankee records

and then paulie made sense....odds are they are gonna pick it up in the 2nd half....

have alittle faith..we have a ton of talented guys who hopefuuly will pick it up
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

i really think this is the fixer ....you hacked into DS account :lol:

Just think about it. How many multiple HR games do you see in the playoffs versus the regular season? Picthing gets better. The weather gets colder. Games tighten up. This frickin team can not win without the HR and thats a real issue. Just look at their regular season record.
    DS1119 wrote:

Yankee records

and then paulie made sense....odds are they are gonna pick it up in the 2nd half....

have alittle faith..we have a ton of talented guys who hopefuuly will pick it up

Can't just magically turn a switch and change your approach at the plate just becasue it's the second half.
    Chad Qualls. I give him 2 weeks tops. :fp:
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,790
    HUUUUUUUGHES. If not for the hot weather could have pitched a complete game. Would have had 2 in a row if Joe would had let him pitch the 9th against the Indians.
    I miss igotid88
    HUGHES has been awesome...

shaky first then complete dominance

could have swept this team if not for an injury and a fluke error

big week ahead

nice 6 game lead
    and i cant' help myself...

i think its so funny when fans of other teams come into this thread and talk only during the wins
    (even in their own tread) :lol: shhhhhhhhh :fp:
    Yankees vs. Whitesox

Record 2-2
    Total runs-18
    Total HR's-7
    Runs from HR's-10 (56% of the Yankee runs scored by HR)
    RISP 6/27 .222 average

Everything is just fine in Yankee land.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    i don't get the stress.

i'll worry when the yankees STOP hitting homers. until then... that is how they get their runs. it's like arguing how a pitcher is getting his outs and over analyzing strikeouts vs groundouts.

bronx bombers, right? :? :)
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    and when gardner is back from injury, you will see a shift in strategy. more small ball, slap singles, sacrifices, advancing the runner, etc...

situational player, that completely changes the make up of that entire lineup.
    rival. wrote:
    and when gardner is back from injury, you will see a shift in strategy. more small ball, slap singles, sacrifices, advancing the runner, etc...

situational player, that completely changes the make up of that entire lineup.

Maybe but I don't see the guys suddenly changing their at bats or style. I actually even have my doubts Garner will be back this season.
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,230
    HUGHES has been awesome...

shaky first then complete dominance

could have swept this team if not for an injury and a fluke error

big week ahead

nice 6 game lead

That eighth inning when he was tiring was tremendous even as Youkilis and Dunn hit foul home runs.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    Robbie Fucking Cano. Good god the man is on fire.

Since June 1st: .346/.426/.764

Great day at the stadium yesterday. Gotta be the best day at the stadium of the year. So cool.

6 game lead.

And Hamels could be hitting the market...
    Yankees signed a 16 year old international catcher.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/pro ... s-tracker/
  • EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,519
    3 for 5 with risp, no hr in first DS must be beside himself.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.

Games not over and remember the team does still score a whopping 45% of it's runs not from HR's. Couple in the fact that Matsui's play should have probably been an error and Arod's hit with RISP didn't actually score a run.
    DS1119 wrote:

Games not over and remember the team does still score a whopping 45% of it's runs not from HR's. Couple in the fact that Matsui's play should have probably been an error and Arod's hit with RISP didn't actually score a run.

You actually aren't a Yankees fan, right? That post would sound perfect coming out of a Rays fans mouth.

Arod sucks. He hit that ball too hard and Tex couldn't score :lol:
    Yankees should bring back Matsui to go along with Damon
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

You actually aren't a Yankees fan, right? That post would sound perfect coming out of a Rays fans mouth.

Arod sucks. He hit that ball too hard and Tex couldn't score :lol:

Just call it like I see it. Just saying Matsui's play could have easily been called an error as well as a hit and what really does a hit with RISP really mean if that runner doesn't score?
    What's the quote? Don't argue with a fool because people watching won't be able to tell who is who...yeah, that applies here.
    :lol:

This has been a pretty amusing couple innings for Freddy. Ball is getting tattooed.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    What's the quote? Don't argue with a fool because people watching won't be able to tell who is who...yeah, that applies here.

So I guess this thread should just be a big circle jerk where everyone talks about how great the team is and never bring up it's shortcomings.
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

So I guess this thread should just be a big circle jerk where everyone talks about how great the team is and never bring up it's shortcomings.

I am fine with criticizing the Yankees. Their inability to develop pitchers has been completely unacceptable. The Arod contract is unacceptable, but was at a weird time. The Soriano contract was unacceptable. Along with the other things I mentioned the other day. On the field criticisms, their average with runners in scoring position for a while was unacceptable but I was confident they would get back to their mean. Their starting pitching performance at the beginning of the year was unacceptable but got back to their mean, or better aside from CC. And I'll agree about one player. I hate the kind of batter that Tex has become. All that is fine.

Talking shit about a team because they hit baseballs very hard is idiotic, especially when that team has a big lead in the division. I am really not getting into it with you again. I think you know nothing about baseball. That's all and I'm not going to entertain your nonsense and keep this crap going. Call me a dick or whatever you want. I'll enjoy a good team while you bitch about nonsense.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    [

Talking shit about a team because they hit baseballs very hard is idiotic, especially when that team has a big lead in the division. I am really not getting into it with you again. I think you know nothing about baseball. That's all and I'm not going to entertain your nonsense and keep this crap going. Call me a dick or whatever you want. I'll enjoy a good team while you bitch about nonsense.

It's far from nonsense. It's 2010 and 2011 all over again. And I love how when someone disagrees with you, you pretty much always go to a generic statement about the person not knowing anything about baseball. Perhaps I should go back through the thread and quote all of the stuff you have been dead wrong about. :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    [

It's far from nonsense. It's 2010 and 2011 all over again. And I love how when someone disagrees with you, you pretty much always go to a generic statement about the person not knowing anything about baseball. Perhaps I should go back through the thread and quote all of the stuff you have been dead wrong about. :lol:

Or 2009 all over again. Aside from the walk offs, the turnaround has be eerily similar. All about getting there and getting hot. You have yet to dispute that.

Go for it. Hughes and possibly Pineda for starters. And man, I always wanted Burnett to do well. Probably the worst pitcher the Yankees have had the I have pulled for so much. I'm fine with what I am wrong about.

Edit: And there are 3 people on this board who's baseball opinion I don't respect. I think you can figure that out for yourself. Even if I don't agree with other people, I respect their opinion.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Or 2009 all over again. Aside from the walk offs, the turnaround has be eerily similar. All about getting there and getting hot. You have yet to dispute that.

Or all about getting there and getting cold. HR based teams can not consistently win in the playoffs cut and dried.