The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    The Montero-Pineda trade is looking pretty amusing right now. Pineda is obviously hurt, Campos was hurt, not sure where that stands now, Noesi was just sent down to the minors after an ERA of almost 6 and Montero is batting under .250, not getting on base and only has one more home run than Jeter.

Montero is obviously the surest bet of them all, just not looking good for anyone right now.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Montero-Pineda trade is looking pretty amusing right now. Pineda is obviously hurt, Campos was hurt, not sure where that stands now, Noesi was just sent down to the minors after an ERA of almost 6 and Montero is batting under .250, not getting on base and only has one more home run than Jeter.

Montero is obviously the surest bet of them all, just not looking good for anyone right now.

There's no reason to pitch to Montero in that lineup
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Exactly.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

True, that lineup blows. But he should at least be walking then. He's bringing a whole lot of nothing to them right now.

Still definitely the surest bet of the 4
    Pretty cool article on the Yankees bat boys

http://www.nytimes.com/schoolbook/2012/ ... ref=sports
    Absolutely insane article on Kuroda and what he went through as a kid playing baseball. I couldn't be more happy that the Yanks signed Kuroda. I said it before and I will keep saying it, he seems like an awesome guy and exactly what you want on your team. The article is pretty sad though.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/06/sport ... ref=sports
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    Big weekend coming up

Kurorda vs Beckett
    Hughes vs Morales
    Garcia vs Doubront
    Nova vs Lester

Feel pretty good about these matchups outside of Garcias start hopefully we can lay the hammer down and sweep those bitches and end their season.
    Big weekend coming up

Kurorda vs Beckett
    Hughes vs Morales
    Garcia vs Doubront
    Nova vs Lester

Feel pretty good about these matchups outside of Garcias start hopefully we can lay the hammer down and sweep those bitches and end their season.

Would be pretty sweet. And the whole division is playing pretty terrible right now, so no one has really gained any ground on the Yankees over the past week.

This weekend should be fun, not sure how much of it I am going to see though.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    483116_10151020942897451_922336362_n.jpg
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    go get these drunks!!!
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 2,023
    Please sweep these assholes like the A's just did!
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
    Please sweep these assholes like the A's just did!
    Oh my. This may be a long one.
    For fucks sake wtf :fp:
  • perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 2,023
    That was a sick play at third by Chavez. :shock:
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
    For fucks sake wtf :fp:

whssign.gif
    Holy shit. Are Beckett and Kuroda aiming for the bats tonight? :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Holy shit. Are Beckett and Kuroda aiming for the bats tonight? :lol:

Gonna be a long weekend for the bullpens especially with the dh tomm
    David COne just said something I didn't realize. The 384 runs (I believe that was the number going into this game) is the fewest the Yankees have scored in the first half since 1992.
    DS1119 wrote:
    David COne just said something I didn't realize. The 384 runs (I believe that was the number going into this game) is the fewest the Yankees have scored in the first half since 1992.

Offense has been off with arod and tex, were 7th in the league thats a disappointment we should be 10 games up.
    big hit tex
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    this fenway sucks.... too easy to score 100 runs
    Just got home. Hell of a fucking game, huh?
    here comes giradi overmanaging
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

typical fenway 20 run game

Yeah, 6 to one, half a dozen the other there. Robertson has made me nervous a little since he's been back.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

typical fenway 20 run game

Was at a bar here following on my phone. Phillies were in the 4th while the Yankees were in the bottom of the 1st.
    regardless of the outcome tonight...bullpens are fucked

we get to call up wade w/ the doubleheader though..need as many arms as possible

plus we need hughes to give us big innings in the day
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, 6 to one, half a dozen the other there. Robertson has made me nervous a little since he's been back.

yes he has...this soriano move is dangerous
    wow 3-1 to gonzo...big out