The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    You know if this team just had a bunch of David Eckstein's and Brett Gardner's they'd be awesome. Probably not in first place by 5 games, but they'd be scrappy
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    You know if this team just had a bunch of David Eckstein's and Brett Gardner's they'd be awesome. Probably not in first place by 5 games, but they'd be scrappy

Let me ask you and in all seriousness. Game on the line. Man on second...2 outs in the bottom of the 9th and the Yankees trailing by one. Who in that line up do you trust to actually bring that runner home right now. For me Jeter and that's it. This team has no fight...no teeth. Is there talent there...of course there is. Are there fighters? Not at all. No emotion what so ever. No fight emotion, no joking emotion. Just lets get to the park, play the game, and lets go home. Let's hit some hr's and if we win great, if we don't oh well.

I'm pretty sure that if the team had guys like O'Neil or MArtinez still on the team they would pull players aside like Granderson and give him a little talking to. That guy should be batting 320 and bouncing all over the basebaths causing trouble and setting up the 3rd, 4th, and 5th place hitters and getting people on base, not batting 250 and swinging for the fences every time.
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Let me ask you and in all seriousness. Game on the line. Man on second...2 outs in the bottom of the 9th and the Yankees trailing by one. Who in that line up do you trust to actually bring that runner home right now. For me Jeter and that's it. This team has no fight...no teeth. Is there talent there...of course there is. Are there fighters? Not at all. No emotion what so ever. No fight emotion, no joking emotion. Just lets get to the park, play the game, and lets go home. Let's hit some hr's and if we win great, if we don't oh well.

I'm pretty sure that if the team had guys like O'Neil or MArtinez still on the team they would pull players aside like Granderson and give him a little talking to. That guy should be batting 320 and bouncing all over the basebaths causing trouble and setting up the 3rd, 4th, and 5th place hitters and getting people on base, not batting 250 and swinging for the fences every time.

Granderson is a fucking MVP type player now. His game changed when he was unable to hit lefties. Quicker through the zone now. It is just want it is. I cannot understand how 40 home runs a year is a bad thing.

I want Cano up with the game on the line without a doubt. 100%. Jeter probably next if you just need a single.

No fight?!?1 They have won 20 something out of the last 30 games.

If we win great?!?! Did you see how quiet the clubhouse was last night.

Dude you are completely off base with this team.

Just do me favor and go ask Xavier what he thinks about the emotion, pulse and fight of this team is them come back to me. That's all I ask. Get his opinion.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    Looks like we're going to have a high scoring one tonight. Feels like a 10-9 game.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Granderson is a fucking MVP type player now. His game changed when he was unable to hit lefties. Quicker through the zone now. It is just want it is. I cannot understand how 40 home runs a year is a bad thing.

I want Cano up with the game on the line without a doubt. 100%. Jeter probably next if you just need a single.

Just do me favor and go ask Xavier what he thinks about the emotion, pulse and fight of this team is them come back to me. That's all I ask. Get his opinion.

Zero emotion. Talent wins in the regualr season. Heart wins in the post season. Just my opinion and since you have the Yankee symbol in your picture I must not know anything and my opinion is something just to laugh at.

When was the last time you even saw anyone throw a bat or glove? Ehh...I struck out with 2 on and 2 out...oh well big deal. I'll swing for the fences next time. When was the last time you saw a Yankee pitcher buzz someone taking liberties in the box? Not this year and not this staff. There like talented robots.
    Time to make a deal. Please Mr. Warren take your .288 batting average back to the minors. A team can't lose their top two starters and expect to fill those gaps with minor leaguers and long relievers.
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Zero emotion. Talent wins in the regualr season. Heart wins in the post season. Just my opinion and since you have the Yankee symbol in your picture I must not know anything and my opinion is something just to laugh at.

When was the last time you even saw anyone throw a bat or glove? Ehh...I struck out with 2 on and 2 out...oh well big deal. I'll swing for the fences next time. When was the last time you saw a Yankee pitcher buzz someone taking liberties in the box? Not this year and not this staff. There like talented robots.

Dude, you keep talking about Jeter, he is the king of no emotion. I want a player who goes to work the next morning with Long when he has a bad day. From what I understand that is what this team does.

Why would someone break a water cooler when they have the best record in the game and are in the middle of a .750 month?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Dude, you keep talking about Jeter, he is the king of no emotion. I want a player who goes to work the next morning with Long when he has a bad day. From what I understand that is what this team does.

Why would someone break a water cooler when they have the best record in the game and are in the middle of a .750 month?

I'm talking about the Posada's...O'Neils. MArtinez's....anyone to light a fire. Even Cervelli had some life. This team has nothing in that department at all. Just watching tonights ball game they seem bored out there. They're only down by two runs and they;re playing like its 11-2. Someone do something! But they don't. They strut up to plate and swing for the fences. That's all they do.
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I'm talking about the Posada's...O'Neils. MArtinez's....anyone to light a fire. Even Cervelli had some life. This team has nothing in that department at all. Just watching tonights ball game they seem bored out there. They're only down by two runs and they;re playing like its 11-2. Someone do something! But they don't. They strut up to plate and swing for the fences. That's all they do.

You like cliches. Cervelli might be the worst player the Yankees have had in 10 years. It is okay to miss the old teams while also understanding this team is playing great ball and is a good team.

Just like that they fight back (then give up a home run, what can you do). Funny you say that because Xavier, who knows a lot more about this team seems to think they will regularly come back, like they did when Pettitte got hurt and like he predicted.

Swinging for the fences :lol::lol: Good hitters have home runs come to them.

Why does the hottest team in baseball need a spark?
    I'm really not going to argue with you about baseball anymore. Clemens and Damon. :lol:

Nostalgia dude.
    DS1119 wrote:
    Time to make a deal. Please Mr. Warren take your .288 batting average back to the minors. A team can't lose their top two starters and expect to fill those gaps with minor leaguers and long relievers.

:lol:

Because of 3 innings. See what you have, evaluate the market and what it will take and go from there.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923
    ^^^^^^^^ :corn:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:

We found ourselves the Yankees version of Jammin and pjhawks.
    What is with all these Yankees fans throwing all the HR balls back?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    imalive wrote:

We found ourselves the Yankees version of Jammin and pjhawks.
    I see you have met ds :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Looks like we're going to have a high scoring one tonight. Feels like a 10-9 game.
    As i said in the philly thread, slugfest of a weekend
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Because of 3 innings. See what you have, evaluate the market and what it will take and go from there.

If the guy is giving up hits at a .288 clip in AAA what did anyone expect facing a divison leader? He's 24 just making his major league debut? He was a sacrificial lamb tonight. I say it's 50/50 if he gets another start for this team this year.
    Cory Wade is very bad at baseball
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    is a good team.

There's a huge difference between a good team and a collection of good players. This collection rocks fantasy and roto baseball but it's far from a good team.
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

If the guy is giving up hits at a .288 clip in AAA what did anyone expect facing a divison leader? He's 24 just making his major league debut? He was a sacrificial lamb tonight. I say it's 50/50 if he gets another start for this team this year.

CC will be back in two starts. He makes one more. Warren's numbers are inflated by a bad start, he's been very good recently. I'm not saying this kid is going to be a major league pitcher or ever be on this team much longer, bit he has earned himself a big league start.
    Cory Wade is very bad at baseball
    Keep swinging for those fences Grandy. Maybe one of these days you'll be able to pull the low outside pitch. . :fp:
    Way to keep them in it COry. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Keep swinging for those fences Grandy. Maybe one of these days you'll be able to pull the low outside pitch. . :fp:
    Perhaps pitching or lack of should be a bigger concern?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    45?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    DeWayne WIse was just pitching. WTF???
    Shut down pitcher found
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    is a good team.

There's a huge difference between a good team and a collection of good players. This collection rocks fantasy and roto baseball but it's far from a good team.

:lol::lol:

A team that has the second best record in the AL and has played .700+ ball recently is not good? A team leading the division by what will be 4 games at the end of tonight when every team in the league is playing .500 bal :lol:

Boston is a collection of good players and is not a good team. The Phillies are a collection of good players and not a good team, the Tigers could be a collection of good players but are not a good team. The Yankees, my friend, whether they win the world series or not (all about getting hot), are a good fucking baseball team.

You're a clown dude. Like I said, my sister knows more about baseball than you. I have said it for a while when you got on Arod relentlessly, I said it again when you claimed the Yankees were going to sign Pujols, then when you say home runs are bad and this team sucks and they need Damon and Clemens; you are really one of the most unacknowledged bad Yankees fans I have ever come across. The epitome of the terrible stereotype of our fanbase.

Game.Set.Match

Later, dude.

Go make another thread about whatever pops into your head.
    That was embarrassing. Hurry up Aardsma.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    is a good team.

:lol::lol:

A team that has the second best record in the AL and has played .700+ ball recently is not good? A team leading the division by what will be 4 games at the end of tonight when every team in the league is playing .500 bal :lol:

Boston is a collection of good players and is not a good team. The Phillies are a collection of good players and not a good team, the Tigers could be a collection of good players but are not a good team. The Yankees, my friend, whether they win the world series or not (all about getting hot), are a good fucking baseball team.

You're a clown dude. Like I said, my sister knows more about baseball than you. I have said it for a while when you got on Arod relentlessly, I said it again when you claimed the Yankees were going to sign Pujols, then when you say home runs are bad and this team sucks and they need Damon and Clemens; you are really one of the most unacknowledged bad Yankees fans I have ever come across. The epitome of the terrible stereotype of our fanbase.

Game.Set.Match

Later, dude.

Go make another thread about whatever pops into your head.

First off the CLemens things was obviously a joke but you should really lay off the asshole juice. Whatever you say about the team is NOT fucking bible. Others CAN have an opinion. Should I search back to the earlier part of the thread when you kept saying how Pineda's injury was no big deal and everyone was making too much out of it? Please we are all Yankee fans here and yes we will have different opinions. But until you or I are actually paid for our baseball opinions neither of our opinions mean shit. I personally think this team is on a course for fucking nowhere. You want to sit around and make love to ARod and his 26 million or whatever he gets paid a year thats great.

Just keep in mind, other people can have a fucking opinion about the team.