09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp:
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    DS1119 wrote:
    :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp:
    Exactly.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    As a fan of Girardi and someone who thinks he manages he bullpen well, that shit is completely unacceptable. That loss is on him.
    Everyone lost aside from Boston who is still playing. Still a 5 game lead
    igotid88 wrote:
    Nova lucks out again. Won't get a loss on the road. Even though he did pitch a good game.

Well his luck last game was negated by the bad luck yesterday.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    As a fan of Girardi and someone who thinks he manages he bullpen well, that shit is completely unacceptable. That loss is on him.

I was at the game last night, brutal ending, It was 9:30 going into the 9th, game ended around 11, Fuckin Girardi. Eppely throwing the ball into center field didnt help, but he should have brang in Robertson instead of Eppely in the first place.
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    Still pissed about last night, girardi is such a fucking idiot. Hopefully the kid can give us some innings tonight.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I was at the game last night, brutal ending, It was 9:30 going into the 9th, game ended around 11, Fuckin Girardi. Eppely throwing the ball into center field didnt help, but he should have brang in Robertson instead of Eppely in the first place.

Agreed. If you're not going to use Soiano there that's fine. Bring Robertson in with the slate clean.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    DS1119 wrote:

Agreed. If you're not going to use Soiano there that's fine. Bring Robertson in with the slate clean.

Yeah. Even as a Sox fan, I was thinking "what the fuck is Girardi doing?". When you overmanage like that, it usually bites you in the ass.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    giradi is an ass clown...

fucking guys making 10 million....let him pitch

can't throw away games to a bunch of bums
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,519

But didn't they have a double play?

I agree my call would have been Robertson should have started the inning. But, Girardi's call actually proved itself all around. They got out of the inning except for....an error!!! Then, Robertson had a 1-2-3 inning. If he just hadn't given in to that 1 batter, he's fine (Which also proves why Soriano was the pick all along to be closer, but that's another thread within a thread).

It happens. They lost. They win enough the same exact way that I can't believe all this moaning after a single loss. We Yankees fans are pathetic.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
    The way this Yankee team is currently constructed is not a world series winner.

I agree my call would have been Robertson should have started the inning. But, Girardi's call actually proved itself all around. They got out of the inning except for....an error!!! Then, Robertson had a 1-2-3 inning. If he just hadn't given in to that 1 batter, he's fine (Which also proves why Soriano was the pick all along to be closer, but that's another thread within a thread).

It happens. They lost. They win enough the same exact way that I can't believe all this moaning after a single loss. We Yankees fans are pathetic.

when the 1/2 game comes back to bite them in the ass..you will wonder why we're yapping

all im saying is that game should be won... giradi over managing threw away a win
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,519

when the 1/2 game comes back to bite them in the ass..you will wonder why we're yapping

all im saying is that game should be won... giradi over managing threw away a win

So if the simple double play is executed, you're not whining?
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
    DS1119 wrote:

Did you think the Cardinals were a world series contender last year?

Did you think the Giants were in 2010?

Did you think the Phillies were in 2008?

The answer to all those questions is a big no.

It is fair to criticize the Yankees. I have no problem with that. But to say this team cannot win a world series is idiotic at best.

It's a fucking joke. Yankees fans are better than this. I had a problem with Girardis management last night but it's fucking baseball. Turn the page and play today. It's fucking unreal how many problems people have with a team that has one of the best fucking records in the game.

The popularity of football has destroyed so many baseball fans. This is a 162 game season, not 16.

Yes, the game should have been won, but those games happen to every single team in baseball over the course of the season.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

It is fair to criticize the Yankees. I have no problem with that. But to say this team cannot win a world series is idiotic at best.

No. I honestly believe they are not a world series winner right now. When you depend on the long ball too much, or any one aspect offensively or defensivley, those weaknesses always creep up and bite you in the ass.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    It's fucking unreal how many problems people have with a team that has one of the best fucking records in the game.

I will point out that a couple of days you pointed out the team had the best record in baseball. Now it's one of the best. Unfortunately by August I'd be happy with in contention for the AL east.
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    It's fucking unreal how many problems people have with a team that has one of the best fucking records in the game.

I will point out that a couple of days you pointed out the team had the best record in baseball. Now it's one of the best. Unfortunately by August I'd be happy with in contention for the AL east.

Ha, they are one game behind Texas for the best record in the game after one team one and one team lost. Tied in the loss column. Come on. Also, it's a 5 game lead in the division, which is needed especially since this team is going to lose some games without Pettitte.
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

No. I honestly believe they are not a world series winner right now. When you depend on the long ball too much, or any one aspect offensively or defensivley, those weaknesses always creep up and bite you in the ass.

Good god, I'm not getting into this again.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,966
    DS is joining the ranks of jamminpearls and pjhawks. :lol:

:lol:
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    I wonder what Dave Righetti is doing at this very moment.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    am i in the phillies thread ?

ryan howard sucks monkey balls

I'm just a realist. Been watching the Yankees for over 30 years starting when I was six. Watch pretty much every game. This year's team just doesn't have it right now. Other than Jeter there is not a single player I look forward to coming up in a clutch situation. Sure the HR's are great and they lead the league in scoring but I want the team that you know will push a run across when it's 3-3 in the bottom of the 12th. The guy that is just as willing to take a walk and be substituted for a pinch runner to win the game. It's just not there. They all swing for the fences. It's like they all are in their walk years of their contracts or something.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    you think the phillies will take off when Howard makes it back to the big club?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    quintana has been tearing it up....not sure if i should sit him against the yanks, when i have granderson, cano and tex aslo on my fantasy roster. :?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    DS1119 wrote:

I'm just a realist. Been watching the Yankees for over 30 years starting when I was six. Watch pretty much every game. This year's team just doesn't have it right now. Other than Jeter there is not a single player I look forward to coming up in a clutch situation. Sure the HR's are great and they lead the league in scoring but I want the team that you know will push a run across when it's 3-3 in the bottom of the 12th. The guy that is just as willing to take a walk and be substituted for a pinch runner to win the game. It's just not there. They all swing for the fences. It's like they all are in their walk years of their contracts or something.

I am literally speechless. I love Jeter but the dude has been pretty bad of late. And in fact, he ended the game last night. I don't even know what to say.

And they are 4th in baseball in walks.

Substituted from a pinch runner :lol:

This is incredibly amusing. Keep going. I think my sister can do better.