The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Dewayne Wise...pitcher of the night. :clap:
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    DS1119 wrote:

First off the CLemens things was obviously a joke but you should really lay off the asshole juice. Whatever you say about the team is NOT fucking bible. Others CAN have an opinion. Should I search back to the earlier part of the thread when you kept saying how Pineda's injury was no big deal and everyone was making too much out of it? Please we are all Yankee fans here and yes we will have different opinions. But until you or I are actually paid for our baseball opinions neither of our opinions mean shit. I personally think this team is on a course for fucking nowhere. You want to sit around and make love to ARod and his 26 million or whatever he gets paid a year thats great.

Just keep in mind, other people can have a fucking opinion about the team.

Alright dude. I am sure I was a prick there. I am fine with people who have valid opinions that I don't necessarily agree with. Neily thought the Pineda trade was a disaster from the beginning. He may be right on that, we'll have to wait and see. I am fine with that. Igotid is a huge fan of Hughes and thought the Yanks should give him a lot more of leash than I would. Looks like he may be right. All baseball opinions that I don't necessarily agree with but respect. I love debating baseball and talking specifics.

What I can't respect is cliched arguments that a team that has been on absolute fire (a run that if they ended the year with would result in a championship) is garbage because they don't have Tino, O'Neill, Posada and the likes. It's cliched garbage. Like I said, it's fine to miss the past but look at a good team as good. The 2009 team played very similar baseball.

So let's start here with specifics. What players could the Yankees have acquired over the past few years that would have made them a better team? What player that the Yankees could have realistically acquired could improve this first place team that is on pace for 98 wins and give them a better chance at winning the world series? Don't give me Damon either.

Then we'll get to...What do you think the Yankees should do at the deadline? Who would you give up to improve the current club?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

First off the CLemens things was obviously a joke but you should really lay off the asshole juice. Whatever you say about the team is NOT fucking bible. Others CAN have an opinion. Should I search back to the earlier part of the thread when you kept saying how Pineda's injury was no big deal and everyone was making too much out of it? Please we are all Yankee fans here and yes we will have different opinions. But until you or I are actually paid for our baseball opinions neither of our opinions mean shit. I personally think this team is on a course for fucking nowhere. You want to sit around and make love to ARod and his 26 million or whatever he gets paid a year thats great.

Alright dude. I am sure I was a prick there. I am fine with people who have valid opinions that I don't necessarily agree with. Neily thought the Pineda trade was a disaster from the beginning. He may be right on that, we'll have to wait and see. I am fine with that. Igotid is a huge fan of Hughes and thought the Yanks should give him a lot more of leash than I would. Looks like he may be right. All baseball opinions that I don't necessarily agree with but respect. I love debating baseball and talking specifics.

What I can't respect is cliched arguments that a team that has been on absolute fire (a run that if they ended the year with would result in a championship) is garbage because they don't have Tino, O'Neill, Posada and the likes. It's cliched garbage. Like I said, it's fine to miss the past but look at a good team as good. The 2009 team played very similar baseball.

So let's start here with specifics. What players could the Yankees have acquired over the past few years that would have made them a better team? What player that the Yankees could have realistically acquired could improve this first place team that is on pace for 98 wins and give them a better chance at winning the world series? Don't give me Damon either.

Then we'll get to...What do you think the Yankees should do at the deadline? Who would you give up to improve the current club?
    A pitcher or two would be a good start
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

A pitcher or two would be a good start

Agreed, but in all reality, they had 7 starters going into spring training. Right now they have 3 of them. Edit: Tough to predict injuries and until this week, their pitching has been great. Started off terrible and got rolling.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    cmon guys...we're not asshole phillies fans.....let's relax

we're all alitle uptight because of our 2 lefties going down

we need to tread water for the time being until the big guy comes back (hence im still upset about last night)

anyway cashman has some work to do at the deadlne

i don't know 5% of what u know cliffy (about who's available and our farm system)

we do need another pitcher from somewhere

let's chill out here... they have a 4 game lead atm

let's not disrespect the greatest franchise in sports history with this name calling

look at these white sox fans....2 bullshit wins against us and they think they won the world series..that shows you what the bombers are all about
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

5-5 over the last ten games and it's only going to get worse? Is that really on fire especially with the team's two best starters out and their payroll? It's a little late at night for me to look at what players the team missed out on acquiring or whom they may/should acquire but I can say the team missed out on dealing Joba when his stock was highest. That missed move was certainly a missed oppurtunity. Despite Cliff Lee's W/L record this year with Philly I think he would have flourished with the Yankees. Also, I still stand by my original post and think the team should reacquire Damon. Put him in the leadoff spot and shift everyone down a slot and the team takes on a whole better and complete look.
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

5-5 over the last ten games and it's only going to get worse? Is that really on fire especially with the team's two best starters out and their payroll? It's a little late at night for me to look at what players the team missed out on acquiring or whom they may/should acquire but I can say the team missed out on dealing Joba when his stock was highest. That missed move was certainly a missed oppurtunity. Despite Cliff Lee's W/L record this year with Philly I think he would have flourished with the Yankees. Also, I still stand by my original post and think the team should reacquire Damon. Put him in the leadoff spot and shift everyone down a slot and the team takes on a whole better and complete look.

But that's what a .700 stretch is for. It's not going to be easy but thankfully this team has built a good lead. They can get cold, like every team does, and will be right in the mix of things when they get going again. It's all about getting hot at the right time, as I have said 20 times over the past couple days. Cardinals, Giants, Phillies. Yankees were better than everyone.

Boom. There we go. I would have traded Joba a long time ago and Lee would have changed the entire direction of this organization for the next few years. Fucker didn't want to win though and now the bitch is 0-1 with a 4+ ERA in last place. Fuck him. We can agree on both of those, although Lee wasn't the Yankees fault. Speaking of high stock, Cervelli should have been gone 5 minutes after he had those big hits in 2010. His stock was never higher and the dude BLOWS. The Damon comment is outrageous though. Tampa's offense absolutely blows and he couldn't even stick there. That is straight up nostalgia. He fucking sucks.
    cmon guys...we're not asshole phillies fans.....let's relax

we're all alitle uptight because of our 2 lefties going down

we need to tread water for the time being until the big guy comes back (hence im still upset about last night)

anyway cashman has some work to do at the deadlne

i don't know 5% of what u know cliffy (about who's available and our farm system)

we do need another pitcher from somewhere

let's chill out here... they have a 4 game lead atm

let's not disrespect the greatest franchise in sports history with this name calling

look at these white sox fans....2 bullshit wins against us and they think they won the world series..that shows you what the bombers are all about

I got fired up. This team will be there.
    Lets look at payrolls real quick then I am going to bed, tee time at 9 tomorrow.

1. Yankees: 46-30: 4 game lead in the division
    2. Phillies: 36-43: 10 games out in the division
    3. Boston: 40-36: 6 games out of the division
    4. Angels: 43-34: 5.5 out in the division (I'd be nervous of this team)
    5. Tigers: 37-40: 5 games out in the division
    6. Rangers: 49-29: 5.5 games up. (Obviously the most successful team over the past couple years)

Yankees are in a great spot...Not to mention the Yankees have a 4 game lead in a division that is entirely above .500.
  • EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,519
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Trade this guy, trade that guy. That's how they got into trouble in the 80s. Steinbrenner was a fail. Not until he got suspended and Stick was able to grow the farm system did they start to win. Jeter, Bernie, Mo, etc. Would have all been gone if Georgie Boy had kept his clutches on the team for those 2 years. Thankfully, he was an asshole and got himself suspended. (though, to his credit, he obviously learned from this experience and changed his ways AND was still willing to spend money.)

Now Cashman is following same idea. Yes, they will always have a high payroll. But no more Ken Phelps. Jay Buhner?!!? Montero was a great trade because he had no position for next 5 years. Pineda still has plenty of time to work out for them. Prospecting is a percentages game. Most never work out, but you never really know for sure which ones (except for the very rare Harpers of the world) will work out. Did you ever hear of Cano before he came up? Of course not. He wasn't even considered one of their top 10 prospects before he emerged. So, if you trade them indescriminantly at the first sign of trouble (which for most teams is a lot worse than what Yankees are going through because of lack of depth of payroll), you will surely miss out. Do you even remember how they used to stock every teams major league rotation with their trades?

As for Lee - he didn't want to come to the Yankees. And he won't win a WS. Shrug.

We don't need to trade at every fork in the season. Every team goes through this. But then again, every team doesn't have a Kuroda and Nova as their 3 and 4 to pick up the slack. Or a batting order that can cover up some ills. Let's allow CC his vacation. Not even worried about Andy. Another Yankees luxury that only they could have. It's a long season.

Damon :lol::lol::lol:
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
    I love how everyone just ignores the ills of the team. Thta's fine. I hope I'm wrong. Just check back to these posts in September and hopefully October.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823

Bullshit wins?? Sox made the Yanks pay for a big mistake Thursday night and last night they hit the shit out of the ball and put up 14 runs. Acting like we won the world series? Not one fucking bit. Excited for 2 road wins against one of the best teams in baseball? Yes.
    Come on Kuroda. Stop this shit.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Turned the game on just as Coughlin was throwing the first pitch.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Keep hitting it to Yuke. :lol:
    At least Dewayne Wise has a little spark under his ass.

BTW, who goes to a Yankee/White Sox game and sits behind home plate wearing a Washington hat?
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    you ask for it, you got it: Kuroda

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhD-oKJI69o
    3 HR's and four total runs. :fp:
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,230
    DS1119 wrote:
    At least Dewayne Wise has a little spark under his ass.

BTW, who goes to a Yankee/White Sox game and sits behind home plate wearing a Washington hat?

Maybe a Nationals fan who wanted to see a game at Yankee Stadium regardless?
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Let's keep it in the park today Hughes.
    I love how O'Neill tossed his bat in disgust after grounding out. It's an Old Timer's game Paul! :lol:
    give pat kelly a contract :lol:

need to split this series...after friday's bullshit
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Sweet missed call ump.
    how does the homeplate umpire miss the fact that the white sox dude didn't step on home plate? wtf is he looking at?

i don't get it :roll:
    how does the homeplate umpire miss the fact that the white sox dude didn't step on home plate? wtf is he looking at?

i don't get it :roll:

He must have been looking at...ah nevermind. I don't know what the home plate ump could have been looking at. :fp:
    Bases loaded and no outs = zero runs.

Keep hitting those solo HR's boys.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,791
    More bases loaded woes
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    More bases loaded woes

Yeah but some would claim the team doesn't have a problem. They lead the league in HRs and runs. :fp:
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,791
    DS1119 wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:
    More bases loaded woes

Yeah but some would claim the team doesn't have a problem. They lead the league in HRs and runs. :fp:

two 2 run hrs. Runs are runs
    I miss igotid88
    what a shot by cano...wow

he is en fuego