The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    Rolling
  • JK8495JK8495 Posts: 101
    nice roll ,,good to see the boys again
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Nova pitched well. Hopefully he can keep this up.
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Haven't been to a game in such a long time, so glad I got to go tonight! Great seats, great company (my dad and his childhood best friend-puts a smile on my face to see them interact, they're hilarious!), great game!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
    samjam wrote:
    Haven't been to a game in such a long time, so glad I got to go tonight! Great seats, great company (my dad and his childhood best friend-puts a smile on my face to see them interact, they're hilarious!), great game!

Good stuff. Great game from Nova.
    On a roll. A sweep would be huge. Rays lineup blows and the Yanks usually hit Price pretty well. Keep it going.

Can't wait for Sunday. Love Yanks-Mets games. Hitting up Dinosaur BBQ in Harlem after. Love me a little upstate BBQ in the city.
    Um, Joba is throwing a bullpen tomorrow off a full mound. Unfuckingreal
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    On a roll. A sweep would be huge. Rays lineup blows and the Yanks usually hit Price pretty well. Keep it going.

Can't wait for Sunday. Love Yanks-Mets games. Hitting up Dinosaur BBQ in Harlem after. Love me a little upstate BBQ in the city.

Try this place :lol:

http://m.nypost.com/p/news/local/bronx/ ... yDNApIazCM
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:

I went there last year. I believe Xavier gave me the heads up on that spot. Cheap beers :lol:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Oh shit. I think I've been there too. Talk about missed opportunities. :lol:
    Damn, lots of game left but either way, a good series win.
    :fp:
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    fucking arod error started everything
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,230
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:

I went there last year. I believe Xavier gave me the heads up on that spot. Cheap beers :lol:

I guess three for 10 has a different meaning besides beers. Not that I'm a pizza snob, but I didn't think it was that great.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    As time goes on the novelty of these games wears off on me. I'm sure I'm not the only that feels this way and I think its cause of the local media overhyping this like always. I still love it everytime the yanks and mets.This year should be good. also that dunkin donuts commercial with Terry and Joe is really lame.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    As time goes on the novelty of these games wears off on me. I'm sure I'm not the only that feels this way and I think its cause of the local media overhyping this like always. I still love it everytime the yanks and mets.This year should be good. also that dunkin donuts commercial with Terry and Joe is really lame.

it has long worn off
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

it has long worn off
    to be honest it wore off after the 00 subway world series. 97-00 was sucha cool time to be a baseball fan in the tri state area . Don't get me wrong I still love giving you guys in this thread shit or family members shit whenever the mets win, but to me I'm more concerned bout beating teams in our division and the rest of the NL.

I enjoy it. The new yankee stadium crowd sucks unless its the Mets or Boston.

The players feel the same way and so do most of the media. The writers ask the players about it because their newspapers and editors want subway series stories.

But as long as the tickets are sold close to capacity in both places, you'll see six games every year.

I don't mind the Dunkin Donuts commercial, though the ones with Willie Randolph and Joe Torre for Subway are better.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

That's partially because the Yankees have made it that way. The most infuriating me about the place is how everything seems to be a money grab. For example in the hour before games, you have this girl with the annoying voice on the scoreboard going around the stadium and telling fans what happens if you spend a certain amount with their master card. For example, yesterday she was going around showing fans about the Yankee cologne and perfume.

They do this in CITI Field also but it seems like with all the new food, which is nice and so on, there's an element of both places that encourages you not to watch the game closely.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

That's partially because the Yankees have made it that way. The most infuriating me about the place is how everything seems to be a money grab. For example in the hour before games, you have this girl with the annoying voice on the scoreboard going around the stadium and telling fans what happens if you spend a certain amount with their master card. For example, yesterday she was going around showing fans about the Yankee cologne and perfume.

They do this in CITI Field also but it seems like with all the new food, which is nice and so on, there's an element of both places that encourages you not to watch the game closely.

I hear you. I have always said that I like the style of the new stadium, and I do, but I agree. On the broadcast the other day they were showing Matsuis first home run and the place was going absolutely insane. It hasn't been anything close to that since 2009. I really enjoy going to games there, I just don't get what has happened to the crowd. Even the people there, it's like you're at church.

The cash grab and everything definitely has something to do with it. $300 lower level tickets also have to do with it. It's just disappointing. I mean, I know it's early, but CC and Price last night with first place on the line and the place looked dead.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    But the Hot Italian Sausage sandwichs are Awesome! the beer still sucks, warm piss.
    But the Hot Italian Sausage sandwichs are Awesome! the beer still sucks, warm piss.

The hot italian sausage sandwich is the best deal in the stadium.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I hear you. I have always said that I like the style of the new stadium, and I do, but I agree. On the broadcast the other day they were showing Matsuis first home run and the place was going absolutely insane. It hasn't been anything close to that since 2009. I really enjoy going to games there, I just don't get what has happened to the crowd. Even the people there, it's like you're at church.

The cash grab and everything definitely has something to do with it. $300 lower level tickets also have to do with it. It's just disappointing. I mean, I know it's early, but CC and Price last night with first place on the line and the place looked dead.

Actually the fifth inning when they had the places loaded, it seemed to me that was the loudest I heard it all year.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024

Actually the fifth inning when they had the places loaded, it seemed to me that was the loudest I heard it all year.

Well that's good to hear. And I am sure if one of the two came through it would have been pretty awesome, if that was the case.

No matter what, it should be a fun weekend at the stadium. I really enjoy the banter during these games.

you mean like having a wiffle ball field behind the scoreboard or waiting an hour at the shake shack. Whatever happened to just taking your kid to a ballgame and having some hot dogs and Pepsi and teaching him how to fill out a scorecard or just tailgating with your friends and keeping the drinking going till the beer cutoff? Also I'm glad the players and media feel the same way as some of us fans do.

Fixers post in the Phillies thread just reminded me. How about that first round pick? Fucking fantastic. Ty Hensley. Rockies were going to take him 10th overall but after Appel slid and mixed everything up he fell to the Yanks. Love the pick. Big high school kid with a big fastball and a legit 12-6 curve. Great pitchers body. Great pick. Not to mention his dad was a pitching coach and has been around the game his whole life. Seems like a lot of potential.
    For anyone going down to DC next weekend, I think there is one or two people who occasionally post, it sounds like there is going to be a bit of a Yanks get together at this bar after the game.

http://www.thebighunt.net/

It's in DuPont Circle
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Don't even get me started on the new Stadium. The place is an abortion. Makes SKyDome seem exciting.
    DS1119 wrote:

Don't even get me started on the new Stadium. The place is an abortion. Makes SKyDome seem exciting.

Haha, I know how you feel. I really like the place, I just hate what has happened to the crowd.