The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    DS1119 wrote:
    Granderson. 15 HR's and only 26 RBI's. :? :fp:

BUT BUT BUT....if you talk in the Phillies thread RBI are the perfect way to judge a player
    imalive wrote:
    cliffy - have you been keeping up with melky? you told me, "great guy; not much of a player"....well, he's the only thing keeping us afloat. great trade by our embattled GM :mrgreen:

Dude, I can't believe that shit. Been meaning to say the same shit to you. I didn't see that coming at all. Third best batting average in baseball....definitely didn't see that. Good for him. Big fan of Melky, as I said. Kid has fun.
    81 wrote:
    I GOT IT!!!

Been grilling, drinking and following on my phone. Missed whatever this is...
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    I GOT IT!!!

Been grilling, drinking and following on my phone. Missed whatever this is...
    Granderson and swisher collided
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Weaver getting injured in the first inning should have resulted in an easy win, but then Hughes started pitching.
    Atta boy Russell
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Atta boy Russell
    I said to myself when he came up, "Here comes the 3rd out." Thank you for proving me wrong Russell.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Haha yeah, I actually felt good about it there. Dude was due, right?

On another note. The Angels broadcast just called Boone Logan a "tall drink of water at 6'5"
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,791
    tcaporale wrote:
    Weaver getting injured in the first inning should have resulted in an easy win, but then Hughes started pitching.

He doesn't do well with the extra day of rest. But he got better as game went on.
    I miss igotid88
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Haha yeah, I actually felt good about it there. Dude was due, right?

On another note. The Angels broadcast just called Boone Logan a "tall drink of water at 6'5"
    He was WAY overdue.

:lol: Some of these broadcasters say the weirdest shit.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    This team may make the playoffs but they are so far away from a World Series contender. :fp:
    Jeter, you're my favorite player of all time, but: WHY swing at the first pitch??
    Dammit. Tough loss
    Nice pitch Corey. Way to leave a hanger going down and in to a righty. That's sure to get launched more times that not. :fp: :lol:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Dammit. Tough loss

I don't see it as a tough loss. I see it as the Yankees inability to take control of a game at this point. They should have had the Angles buried in the top of the 1st...couldn't do it...and then surrender the lead in the bottom of 1st. Way too many holes in this team. Talent may make them a winner for the regular season but I wouldn't bet a nickle on them in the post season with the way they are playing and their roster at this point. :fp:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Dammit. Tough loss

I don't see it as a tough loss. I see it as the Yankees inability to take control of a game at this point. They should have had the Angles buried in the top of the 1st...couldn't do it...and then surrender the lead in the bottom of 1st. Way too many holes in this team. Talent may make them a winner for the regular season but I wouldn't bet a nickle on them in the post season with the way they are playing and their roster at this point. :fp:

Hughes blows. 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

No one would have thought the Cards would win last year. Yesterday should have been a win. If Nova can keep the ball down, they have 4 good pitchers.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    I GOT IT!!!

11095588-large.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Help is on the way! World Series Championship for 2012 has been sealed now. Done deal. Just call the season and everyone concede to the Yankees at this point. :? :fp:

Relief pitcher Ryota Igarashi claimed by Yankees from Blue Jays
    Associated Press, Updated: Tuesday, May 29, 3:44 PMAP NEW YORK — Right-hander Ryota Igarashi has been claimed by the New York Yankees off waivers from the Toronto Blue Jays.

Igarashi, who turned 33 Monday, allowed four earned runs in one inning over two appearances this season with the Blue Jays, who brought him up May 25 and designated him two days later.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    DS1119 wrote:
    Help is on the way! World Series Championship for 2012 has been sealed now. Done deal. Just call the season and everyone concede to the Yankees at this point. :? :fp:

Relief pitcher Ryota Igarashi claimed by Yankees from Blue Jays
    Associated Press, Updated: Tuesday, May 29, 3:44 PMAP NEW YORK — Right-hander Ryota Igarashi has been claimed by the New York Yankees off waivers from the Toronto Blue Jays.

Igarashi, who turned 33 Monday, allowed four earned runs in one inning over two appearances this season with the Blue Jays, who brought him up May 25 and designated him two days later.

wow ... that's not a good sign ... dude is horrible ...
    Bodies....Hopefully this means some of the triple a kids will get a shot soon.
  • Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    I GOT IT!!!

11095588-large.jpg

Save it for the hotel, fellas!
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Dammit. Tough loss

Hughes blows. 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

No one would have thought the Cards would win last year. Yesterday should have been a win. If Nova can keep the ball down, they have 4 good pitchers.

I don't get how 4 good starts in a row. Followed by 1 bad is 1 step forward and 2 steps back? He was better as the game went went along.
    I miss igotid88
    I don't know, man. I know you like Hughes and I want him to do well but a 6 ERA at this point in his career is just unacceptable. He's just so god damn frustrating.
    Hughes should be in the pen until he figures out that he doesn't need to strike everyone out. Paging Andy Pettitte.
  • AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    DS1119 wrote:
    Hughes should be in the pen until he figures out that he doesn't need to strike everyone out. Paging Andy Pettitte.

Heeeheeehee! :D
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I don't know, man. I know you like Hughes and I want him to do well but a 6 ERA at this point in his career is just unacceptable. He's just so god damn frustrating.

The thing is he needs innings. Injuries and bullpen time set him back. We really won't know how good he can be until he has 2 full years consecutive. Work on his secondary pitches. In the past 3 years he's thrown just 400ip. Compare that to Nova who's thrown over 500ip. Cliff Lee was 27 when he started to pitch better. I think so was Greinke. Unfortunately he's on a team where 1 bad start after a month of good starts is panic time. Just like the end of last season where he had 8 good starts, 7 quality out of 11. But the focus were on the 3. Also when your starts come in short spurts instead having full years. Bad starts are magnified.
    I miss igotid88
    DS1119 wrote:

If he's in the pen that's all he'll have to do. Most pitchers when they are young think they need to strike people out.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

If he's in the pen that's all he'll have to do. Most pitchers when they are young think they need to strike people out.

And that's his mindset so I say put him in the pen where he can flourish and really help the team, especially a team that's lacking RIvera and Robertson right now. Some guys are not made to be starters and can flourish as relievers. Just refer to Mo.

Look at Mo's WHIP and ERA once he was converted full time to the pen. Not to mention his K to walk ratio. Not saying Hughes will be the next Rivera but with his mindset he'd be best in the pen for this team.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/playe ... ma01.shtml
    DS1119 wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

And that's his mindset so I say put him in the pen where he can flourish and really help the team, especially a team that's lacking RIvera and Robertson right now. Some guys are not made to be starters and can flourish as relievers. Just refer to Mo.

Look at Mo's WHIP and ERA once he was converted full time to the pen. Not to mention his K to walk ratio. Not saying Hughes will be the next Rivera but with his mindset he'd be best in the pen for this team.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/playe ... ma01.shtml

Who's to say Rivera wouldn't have been a good starter. He wasn't given much of a chance to succeed there. And it wasn't until he was 25 when he started to get his velocity. And we can't always put every pitcher who strikes people out in the bullpen. I just want to see a couple full seasons in a row so he can command those offspeed pitches. He's probably 200ip behind where most pitchers his age are at this point.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    Who's to say Rivera wouldn't have been a good starter. He wasn't given much of a chance to succeed there. And it wasn't until he was 25 when he started to get his velocity. And we can't always put every pitcher who strikes people out in the bullpen. I just want to see a couple full seasons in a row so he can command those offspeed pitches. He's probably 200ip behind where most pitchers his age are at this point.

Well RIvera wasn't a good starter and I truly believe that Hughes should be groomed as a reliever. He's not a "kid" anymore. He's 26 and a fastball pitcher. His strengths need to be utilized before they are wasted. He's a perfect 7 and 8th inning guy if not a future closer type guy IMHO. Hughes/RObertson....Robertson/Hughes could be a very nice combination for the next 10 years. All the meanwhile while Joe continues this Hughes experiment he's throwing away games.