The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Just a bone bruise for Robertson. Should be good for opening day. That's a relief.

That's good news. Hopefully they'll just shut him down until it heals completely and keep it from being a lingering pain that alters his delivery in any way.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,723
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Just a bone bruise for Robertson. Should be good for opening day. That's a relief.

That's good news. Hopefully they'll just shut him down until it heals completely and keep it from being a lingering pain that alters his delivery in any way.

Agreed. That's when elbows get fucked up.
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    Heading down tomorrow for a few games... head right to a Phils game once we get out of the airport and then got the Phils/Yanks Sunday with the Astros/Yanks on Monday with another Phils game Wednesday before we leave. I'm hoping I get the top of the rotation, really want to see Pineda pitch, but it looks doubtful, never know with Spring Training! Also upgraded my tickets to 3rd row off the visitors' dugout for the Sunday game, closest I'll ever be for a Yankees game, even if there are only a few starters. Baseball, Beer, and the Beach... now that's a vacation! 8-)
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
    Michael Kay tweeted that O'Neill and Piniella are calling the game tomorrow on YES. That should be an interesting combination.
    Michael Kay tweeted that O'Neill and Piniella are calling the game tomorrow on YES. That should be an interesting combination.

That's great. Hopefully they do regular season games together. That'll be fun.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Hurry up April 6th!!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497

Hide the water cooler.
    Robertson's got his walking boot off and was able to play catch fora little while yesterday. He aid he expects to be ready for Opening Day.
    YEEESSSSSS. Yankees baseball on TV makes me happy.
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    Interesting stat Joe Girardi has a 593 winning percentage as Yankees manager but is 33-39 vs the Red Sox which is his lowest winning percentage against any AL team 458.
    Freddy Garcia just took one to the bare hand and walked off the field. Blue Jays announcers don't think anything is terribly wrong.

I think the Blue Jays have their D broadcasting team calling this game too. It's hilarious. Sounds like a minor league broadcast.
    Interesting stat Joe Girardi has a 593 winning percentage as Yankees manager but is 33-39 vs the Red Sox which is his lowest winning percentage against any AL team 458.

Yeah, a good team that they play all the time though.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I need to stop thinking about the season starting. It's driving me nuts. This weather we've been having has me in the baseball mood and I'm dying for the season to start. I need my nightly baseball fix.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    I need to stop thinking about the season starting. It's driving me nuts. This weather we've been having has me in the baseball mood and I'm dying for the season to start. I need my nightly baseball fix.

Listening to the game now. Not regular season and not many big leaguers in anymore but it's great working while listening to baseball.
    Garcia's hand injury is just a bruise. X-rays came back negative.
    Not that I wish injury on any player, but this makes me feel slightly better about the Javy trade.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/ ... s-andrews/
    Fitting song for todays spring training game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRpj3r_MrMw
    Jeter's got a sore left calf and won't play until Tuesday.
    Jeter's got a sore left calf and won't play until Tuesday.

Doesn't sound serious. Give him rest.
    Um, the Yankees just signed Pettitte
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Please be True!
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Please be True!

Curry and Sherman are reporting it. FUCK YES!!!!! This is fucking awesome.
    AndyPettitte12.jpg

:lol::lol::lol: She's is driven'em nuts!
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    Wow this came out of nowhere great to have Andy back but nova and or Hughes will pay the price.
    Wow this came out of nowhere great to have Andy back but nova and or Hughes will pay the price.

i had a slim hope when i heard he showed up to training camp, Hughes goes back into the pen, or chuck Garcia.

Yeah, I have no idea whats going to happen. Pettitte has to prove he can pitch first but yeah...

Either way...

AndyPettitte33.jpg
  • Hell yes! Andy big game Pettitte. Not huge on the clemens farve im retired no im not thing but all exceptions applicable for Andy. Regardless of how he does, just having his intensity and attitude back is great for everyone.
    This is one guy who could be 57 and returning and i'd be pumped.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    pretty fucking sweet 8-)
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    I fucking love the New York Yankees

“It’s Andy Pettitte; if he wants to come back, we say yes.”
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,788
    I knew this would happen, was a lil strange how he parted with some bullets still left in that arm

Glad your back Andy :thumbup: