The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Apparently Teixeira showed up at camp about 15 pounds lighter to try to stay fresher over the entire season.
  • Apparently Teixeira showed up at camp about 15 pounds lighter to try to stay fresher over the entire season.

Hopefully this makes a difference come October because he's been a huge disapointment in the postseason.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Apparently Teixeira showed up at camp about 15 pounds lighter to try to stay fresher over the entire season.

Hopefully this makes a difference come October because he's been a huge disapointment in the postseason.
    Agreed
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,723
    Lots of cool facts in this Yankees book.

The first Yankee to hit a home run was from Kalamazoo, jeters home town. And the team turned a triple play before they hit their first home run.
    Yankees promo schedule came out. Sept 2nd is BBQ apron day. That's awesome and is part of my package.

Old timers is 7/1. The girls bday, motherfucker, going to have to get her something nice because I'm going
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Yankees promo schedule came out. Sept 2nd is BBQ apron day. That's awesome and is part of my package.

Old timers is 7/1. The girls bday, motherfucker, going to have to get her something nice because I'm going
    Take her to the game.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Not bad, only three cap nights this year. I was hoping Umbrella Night would be on the schedule.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Newch91 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Take her to the game.

Yeah, she has little to no interest in going to that on her birthday. May spend the night in New York though and send her and her sister out for a day in New York while me and a buddy go to the game. We'll see.
    Nationals presale is today if you are interested in going to the Yanks series in DC. That password is INSIDER. Will see games in 3 stadiums this year for sure, YS, Nationals and Giants. Hoping to do Citi this year too.
  • Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Nationals presale is today if you are interested in going to the Yanks series in DC. That password is INSIDER. Will see games in 3 stadiums this year for sure, YS, Nationals and Giants. Hoping to do Citi this year too.

Haha, is that supposed to be the presale they said they were doing to keep the Philly fans from buying up all the seats and making their DC games virtual home games?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Haha, is that supposed to be the presale they said they were doing to keep the Philly fans from buying up all the seats and making their DC games virtual home games?

Not sure, that failed miserably though. Sounds like they thought long and hard about that password though. Just scooped up tickets to the Saturday game. Should be a good time. Hopefully Strasburg pitches and Harper is up.
  • JenfarrJenfarr Posts: 677
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Would you be willing to send me the link? I signed up to be an "Insider" a few weeks back, but didn't get the e-mail password. And I don't see that tickets are available on their site. Maybe they know I'm a Yankees fan.... :D
    "McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
    Jenfarr wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Would you be willing to send me the link? I signed up to be an "Insider" a few weeks back, but didn't get the e-mail password. And I don't see that tickets are available on their site. Maybe they know I'm a Yankees fan.... :D

I think people got the email this morning just before the presale. Here's the link and like I said, the password is, insider. I would act quick, tickets will be getting down there, there didn't see to be a whole lot available right around 10.

http://protected.tickets.com/buy/MLBOns ... sale-na-a1
  • JenfarrJenfarr Posts: 677
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I think people got the email this morning just before the presale. Here's the link and like I said, the password is, insider. I would act quick, tickets will be getting down there, there didn't see to be a whole lot available right around 10.

http://protected.tickets.com/buy/MLBOns ... sale-na-a1

Thanks. I found the link about 30 minutes ago (not hidden too much!) and have been trying with no luck and now it saying all 3 games are sold out. Looks like the regular sale for me!
    "McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    It's being said down here in South Florida on the sports radio that Andy Petite wants to comeback and play with either the Yankees or the Miami Marlins. The Marlins mainly for the easy commute to be with his father and The Yankees well because....

Stay tuned

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    g under p wrote:
    It's being said down here in South Florida on the sports radio that Andy Petite wants to comeback and play with either the Yankees or the Miami Marlins. The Marlins mainly for the easy commute to be with his father and The Yankees well because....

Stay tuned

Peace

It's likely just the radio hosts spewing BS to fill time and sound like they have some inside info. He said the other day that he feels like he's physically capable of playing but has no interest because he wants to be home with his family. He coaches his kids' sports teams (baseball and basketball, I think) and I don't think he'd really walk away from that after publicly saying that being home is more important than playing.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    g under p wrote:

Stay tuned

Peace

It's likely just the radio hosts spewing BS to fill time and sound like they have some inside info. He said the other day that he feels like he's physically capable of playing but has no interest because he wants to be home with his family. He coaches his kids' sports teams (baseball and basketball, I think) and I don't think he'd really walk away from that after publicly saying that being home is more important than playing.

It apparently came from a close family friend...so we shall see.

peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Hal on the $189 mil.

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2012/03/01/h ... %e2%80%9d/

I do hope that means they are willing to go above it after.
    AJ broke his face bunting. Needs surgery.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Ha. I saw video of this yesterday, hysterical. Can't believe he needs surgery.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

There is video of this? Yeah, man, that dude has had a tough few weeks.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

There is video of this? Yeah, man, that dude has had a tough few weeks.

It was on Hot Stove or one of those shoes on MLBN last night. Pretty funny.

And you said it, man. Dude tries to buy some karma points by getting his number from McCutchen by putting money into McCutchen's child's college fund, and he still can't catch a break.

It was on Hot Stove or one of those shoes on MLBN last night. Pretty funny.

And you said it, man. Dude tries to buy some karma points by getting his number from McCutchen by putting money into McCutchen's child's college fund, and he still can't catch a break.

I'll have to find that.

haha, yeah dude, I can't help but find it amusing. Poor guy.
    The Yankees field trip today was to an improv studio. I really really hope there is video that comes out of this.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Braves single game tickets go on sale Monday but i got a presale code so i was able to get tickets to all three yankee games here :D

Unfortunately i did not get the code till after lunch and most the good seats were gone :(

also the braves jacked up the cost of tickets for these games. I paid twice as much for yankee tickets as if i watned to see them play any other team.

Literally TWO TIMES as much It seems like bullshit they can do that :evil:

but i paid it cause i want to see my yankees and they only come here every few years
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    Braves single game tickets go on sale Monday but i got a presale code so i was able to get tickets to all three yankee games here :D

Unfortunately i did not get the code till after lunch and most the good seats were gone :(

also the braves jacked up the cost of tickets for these games. I paid twice as much for yankee tickets as if i watned to see them play any other team.

Literally TWO TIMES as much It seems like bullshit they can do that :evil:

but i paid it cause i want to see my yankees and they only come here every few years

Nice, that's sweet. Nationals ticket prices were jacked up too. The last series the played there is credited with turning around the 2009 season.
    More on the Hal comments.

www.baseballmusings.com/?p=79533

Love the philosophy, but nervous about the execution, they haven't exactly developed pitchers that well in recent years.
    Everyone knows the story, but it's always fun to read it again.

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/Klapi ... l?page=all
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    Anyone know if the game tomorrow on MLB is going to be blacked out in the NYC area?
    Anyone know if the game tomorrow on MLB is going to be blacked out in the NYC area?

I read it was on.

On another note, AJ is out until May at least, it sounds like.