What's up with so many fans wearing PJ shirts to the shows?

Comments

• I Love Eddie Vedder!!!

thats the shirt I wear to the shows!
    * I wanna leave this mind and shout *

www.myspace.com/bltzdnooki
  • xxx

7-11-95, 6-14-98, 6-26-98, 6-27-98, 6-29-98, 8-17-98, 08-18-00, 8-20-00, 09-05-00, 10-7-00, 10-8-00, 10-9-00, 10-11-00, 4-21-03, 4-22-03, 4-23-03, 4-25-03, 04-26-03, 6-18-03, 6-21-03, 6-22-03, 6-25-03, 06-26-03, 10-3-04, 9-11-05, 9-12-05, 9-13-05, 5-9-06, 5-10-06, 5-16-06, 5-17-06, 5-19-06, 5-20-06, 6-23-06, 6-24-06, 6-29-06, 8-5-07, E.V. Milwaukee and Chicago night 1, 8-23-09,08-24-09, 5-7-10, 5-9-10, E.V. 6-28-011, 9-3-11, 9-4-11, 7-19-13, 10-11-13, 10-3-14, 10-17-14, 10-20-14, E.V. 04-26-16, 08-20-16, 08-22-16, 8-20-18, 8-22-18, 9-16-22, 9-18-22, 9-5-23, 9-7-23, 9-10-23
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Posts: 3,889
    OMG, whats going on in the OP brain?? Empty space....
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • KatKat Posts: 4,845
    Rude comments are not ok here...the topic is fine and so is the OP. It's just a discussion.

See Posting Guidelines above, please.

Admin
    Falling down,...not staying down
    Kat wrote:
    Rude comments are not ok here...the topic is fine and so is the OP. It's just a discussion.

Admin

OK, sorry Kat! But..the topic is fine?
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • KatKat Posts: 4,845
    Chrisilein wrote:
    Kat wrote:

Admin

Sure it's fine. :) The OP said he was just curious and people were discussing just fine and then someone made a comment that this was stupid but he meant not wearing a shirt, if you wanted to I believe, and then others said the thread was stupid but it just isn't and so on... It's just a discussion and could even be fun if it was turned that way. It's an opportunity, ya know? You saw the thread about a band member acknowledging a shirt at a show that brought back good memories...that was pretty cool I thought. :)

xo
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • You wear flannel shirts? HAHA. I havent seen those worn in a decade atleast. But I swear Im not judging. :lol:[/quote]
    In the Pacific Northwest, they never really wear a fashion statement. I still wear flannel shirts in the fall and winter when it is cold outside.[/quote]

I wasnt judging I swear! Just saying, I havent seen those in a WHILE. Where can you even buy them these days?[/quote]

flannel and the whole "grunge" look is actually a trend right now.
  • Scott36 wrote:
    There's an old rule that you never wear a band's shirt to their concerts. PJ fans seem to disregard this completely! Any particular reason? If you're at the show, why do you need to be wearing a PJ shirt? Just curious.

this is not a rule. especially when it comes to Pearl Jam where the sense is that everyone should have the right to do whatever they want, not follow someone's made up rule. i love seeing everyone's past concert t's. i love seeing people wearing 10c t's. there are no rules when it comes to Pearl Jam, everyone has their own prerogative. even if you want to call the PJ community a "jamily", or a fan a "jamhead" or "jammer". i've never understood why people get bothered by these things. there are bigger issues to worry about in life. we need to stop prescribing rules of conduct for eachother and just let each other be.
    Kat wrote:
    Chrisilein wrote:
    Kat wrote:

Admin

Sure it's fine. :) The OP said he was just curious and people were discussing just fine and then someone made a comment that this was stupid but he meant not wearing a shirt, if you wanted to I believe, and then others said the thread was stupid but it just isn't and so on... It's just a discussion and could even be fun if it was turned that way. It's an opportunity, ya know? You saw the thread about a band member acknowledging a shirt at a show that brought back good memories...that was pretty cool I thought. :)

xo

Allright Kat! Now i understand.. :)
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • I have heard of this BS rule before. Diehards usually wear the shirts-just gonna happen. Y not when we spend so much on them...
  • I agree with the OP that it's an "old rule" because once you get out of high school, noone really pays attention to ridiculous conventions like this. If you're outside of work, wear what you want as long as it's not blantantly offensive. And don't show off your belly if you are overweight :lol:
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    There is no rule.

I probably wore a PJ shirt to 3 of the last 6 shows I attended. (Just a guess I don't care enough to remember).

If you get worked up about this then you are "That Guy"..... whatever the fuck that means. ;)
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    I've worn PJ shirts to shows before, but most of the time I don't. I just wear what I feel like wearing...sometimes it may be a PJ shirt, other times it may not be. Honestly, I think its great to see so many people in PJ shirts at the shows.

At one PJ show where I wore a PJ shirt, some guys started pointing at me, laughing, and yelling "that guy that guy"...what a bunch of idiots.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Is this a US thing, because in all honesty I've never heard of it in Europe or Asia?

To point and laugh at someone because they're wearing a bands shirt seems a) immature and b) rude to me
  • DS114969 wrote:
    I've worn PJ shirts to shows before, but most of the time I don't. I just wear what I feel like wearing...sometimes it may be a PJ shirt, other times it may not be. Honestly, I think its great to see so many people in PJ shirts at the shows.

At one PJ show where I wore a PJ shirt, some guys started pointing at me, laughing, and yelling "that guy that guy"...what a bunch of idiots.
    So.... did you make it to Philly for the most amazing night in history???
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    DS114969 wrote:

So.... did you make it to Philly for the most amazing night in history???

Unfortunately not. Thanks to everyone who PMed offering tickets... I just wasn't able to justify the expense of the last minute airfare/hotel. That's okay because I still had a great run of shows this year and, of course, I'll always have the boots to listen to :) Hope to see everyone at some shows next year !
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • so now i'm wondering...if you have a visible PJ tattoo, are you "that guy"? it's kind of like a permanent t-shirt.
  • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 1154506885

what to wear,,there are like 130 pj shirt in the closet..i wear them every day
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • BEcasue were better... thats why
    :lol::lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • not one of these stupid fucking threads again....Ed already put an end to this by wearing a PJ shirt to a PJ show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

people should wear what they want and fuck what you or anyone else thinks!!!!!!!!!
  • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1154506885&v=feed&story_fbid=167898293348#/album.php?aid=24158&id=1154506885

what to wear,,there are like 130 pj shirt in the closet..i wear them every day
    Yeah- but you are pretty much AWESOME!!!! So, its okay!
  • sagapo1 wrote:
    I've always worn a PJ shirt to a PJ concert.
    Don't you think they would look down and be flattered?
    hello sagapo!!
  • Kat wrote:
    Pearl Jam, and their fans, make new rules, better rules. :thumbup:

Anyone out there have a Drop In The Park t? That's an interesting shirt to wear. :lol:

Have a great day all.

xo
    where i can find one??? :D
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    not one of these stupid fucking threads again....Ed already put an end to this by wearing a PJ shirt to a PJ show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

people should wear what they want and fuck what you or anyone else thinks!!!!!!!!!

yeah, but ED also stays to the end of hte show. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    81 wrote:
    yeah, but ED also stays to the end of hte show. :lol:
    ZING!
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    not one of these stupid fucking threads again....Ed already put an end to this by wearing a PJ shirt to a PJ show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember that, but what shirt and what show was it ? I do remember people getting shitty over it though.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • SpagsSpags Posts: 3,031
    Thats gonna run and run...
    Nature drunk and High
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    I don't wear PJ shirts to PJ shows, but not because I think its lame or anything.

It's just that If I wore a PJ shirt , then I would not be able to wear my lucky Ramones shirt !!!!

and then the whole show would just be fucked for everyone !!!! Then I would be getting hate mail, and bombs , and shit sent to me in the mail, and I can't have that . :D

So you see, when I'm rocking out in my Ramones shirt at a PJ show, it's really in everyone at the shows best interest. :D:D:lol:

no, really , I'm serious. :? :roll:
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    the wolf wrote:
    I don't wear PJ shirts to PJ shows, but not because I think its lame or anything.

It's just that If I wore a PJ shirt , then I would not be able to wear my lucky Ramones shirt !!!!

and then the whole show would just be fucked for everyone !!!! Then I would be getting hate mail, and bombs , and shit sent to me in the mail, and I can't have that . :D

So you see, when I'm rocking out in my Ramones shirt at a PJ show, it's really in everyone at the shows best interest. :D:D:lol:

no, really , I'm serious. :? :roll:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • i don't think i've ever NOT worn a PJ shirt to a PJ show...and usually i make my own to wear, with the lyrics of a song i want to hear and the date and location of the show on the back. so, i am GLADLY THAT GUY

i ALSO wear flannel :P it gets cold as a mutha here, flannel is warm and comfy. i like it. although i do still get shit from people every once in a while for it, haha.
    keep on rockin' in the free world.