Pearl Jam and Phillies World Series conflict!!!

Comments

• mrpink90mrpink90 Posts: 415
    If i was a phillies fan id be pissed, thats an absolutely impossible decision to make, pearl jam closing down the spectrum or the phillies in the world series. Under normal circumstances id go with seeing the phillies, you figure youll see PJ again soon enough, but this aint just any concert, its the last ever show at the spectrum! its gonna be epic!

Im a die hard met fan , dont know what id do if i had to choose between the mets in the world series and PJ, gun to my head id probably go with the mets. I know if i went to the concert the entire time id be checking for updates on the game, cant enjoy PJ to the fullest doing that
  • G ForceG Force Posts: 1,393
    How does anyone have tickets to the World Series already? Is this true?

I'm a Giants fan so love seeing the Dodgers lose and stoked that it looks like it will be Phillies in Philly when I'm all Phillified.
  • walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    TipJammer wrote:

I'm a Giants fan

Please accept my deepest condolences.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    TipJammer wrote:

I'm a Giants fan so love seeing the Dodgers lose and stoked that it looks like it will be Phillies in Philly when I'm all Phillified.

Easily, if you have a season ticket plan, you get your tickets to the playoffs, before they start.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,990
    Yep, most likely I'm gonna sell my 28th tix.
  • VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924
    Such a no-brainer. I promised on that other related thread that I won't elaborate on my opinions of baseball. I am really glad the Phillies are going to eliminate the Dodgers. I live in LA and Dodger Stadium sits between my work and my house. They schedule their games so stadium traffic coincides with rush hour. They do this because we don't have a mayor. So if the Phillies win, I can drive home from work in peace, relatively, for 6 months.

As for PJ vs. World series game, PJ by far. Tivo the stupid game. They're all basically the same. Just the stakes are different.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    crazygeo wrote:
    ONE WORD

TRAFFIC

Thank God I live 10 blocks from the stadium. ;)
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • TipJammer wrote:

I'm a partial season ticket holder and we are told which games we get. There is also a public lottery but I'm not sure if that happened yet.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    They do this because we don't have a mayor.

no, they do this because of all the money TV throws at MLB for broadcast rights.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    Not even a hard decision to make....

ITS THE WORLD SERIES!!!!!

Pearl Jam or the World Series????

Please....

"Buy me some peanuts and cracker jack"

Easy for you to say as a Cubs fan ......the Cubs in the series is as rare as watching Moses part the Red sea! Now for the Philly fans its back to back years no biggie!
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • This is a horrible problem. I have PJ tickets for the 28th and will miss watching game 1 on TV as well as tickets to PJ on the 31st where I will miss game 3. The stadium lots will be amazing next Saturday with tailgating a plenty. Should be an awesome day of chilling. It is going to be very hard to enjoy PJ. I guarantee you will see a bunch of tickets open up for the 28th & 31st shows if the Phillies end up beating the Dodgers.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,990
    greggv19 wrote:
    This is a horrible problem. I have PJ tickets for the 28th and will miss watching game 1 on TV as well as tickets to PJ on the 31st where I will miss game 3. The stadium lots will be amazing next Saturday with tailgating a plenty. Should be an awesome day of chilling. It is going to be very hard to enjoy PJ. I guarantee you will see a bunch of tickets open up for the 28th & 31st shows if the Phillies end up beating the Dodgers.

INCREDIBLY tough. I'm freaking out right now just thinking about it. I'm trying to humor myself with the thought that at least they are not clinching games. :roll:
  • PredakingPredaking Posts: 282
    Well, it's looking as though people will have some difficult choices to make after last night. I went to game four last year, and it was a blast. However, I wouldn't miss these shows unless the game was a series clincher. It will be awesome to chill in the parking lots all day, though.
  • VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924
    greggv19 wrote:
    This is a horrible problem. I have PJ tickets for the 28th and will miss watching game 1 on TV as well as tickets to PJ on the 31st where I will miss game 3. The stadium lots will be amazing next Saturday with tailgating a plenty. Should be an awesome day of chilling. It is going to be very hard to enjoy PJ. I guarantee you will see a bunch of tickets open up for the 28th & 31st shows if the Phillies end up beating the Dodgers.

Very good point about seats opening up. I don't think any seats at the concert will be empty. The people who want to go to the concert will go to the concert. Maybe some who got shut out of tickets will get their chance. And the crowd might end up being better than it would have been. Because the people who are there will really want to be there. To me, no brainer. I can't travel to Philly. But if it were happening in LA and I had a choice of a Dodger game or a Pearl Jam concert, it would be Pearl Jam without any hesitation. In fact, after I hit this submit button, I'm going to buy my LA3 boot.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • man...you better hope the Dodgers don't stage a comeback because i'll be all over you Philly peeps next week!

those will be 4 loooooonngg days for you all!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen::lol:

(i doubt the dodgers will do it...but...ya just never know!...just ask the Yankees!! lmao!!!)
  • walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    I had Dodgers tickets for Game 1 of the NLDS, which happened to fall on Night 4 of PJ's L.A. run. That one was a no-brainer for me -- I sold my Dodgers tickets and saw Pearl Jam.

But that had a lot to do with the fact that I had tickets to all the other NLDS and NLCS home games, so missing the first game wasn't really a huge deal.

If, however, I had tickets to see Pearl Jam on a night when I also had Dodgers World Series tickets, that would be a much tougher call. I've waited all my life to see a World Series game involving the Dodgers, and you never can take for granted when the next opportunity will be. Thus, as much as I love Pearl Jam, I can't imagine missing a World Series game for them. The only exception would be if I had the chance to sell/exchange my tickets for a different World Series game.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • The Phillies in 1 world series game brings excitement and adventure on the short term. A Jedi craves not these things! Pearl Jam closing out the Spectrum creates life time memories that we will cherish forever.

I concur sir & couldn't have out it any better!
    '98-Camden 8/29
    '03-Philly Spectrum 4/28, Camden 7/5, Hershey 7/12
    '06-Camden 5/28
    '08-Camden 6/20
    '09-Closing Down the Philly Spectrum! 10/28, 10/30, & the Epic 10/31
    '09-EV Solo Tower Theater, Upper Darby, PA6/12
    '10-MSG1& MSG2, New York City, 5-20 & 5/21
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    Okay to throw a wrench in the equation.... What if you pick up your fanclub tickets and you won the lottery? :o
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
    mrs.smiley wrote:
    The Phillies in 1 world series game brings excitement and adventure on the short term. A Jedi craves not these things! Pearl Jam closing out the Spectrum creates life time memories that we will cherish forever.

put the Bears in the SB vs. PJ in last show ever at fill in teh blank, i'm going to the ball game and listening to the boot
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • adamr14adamr14 Posts: 24
    I'm ridiculously torn between the 2 as far as 10/31 goes...

but i think its gonna come down to this: You can check updates on the game from the concert; you can't check updates on the concert from the game. PJ on halloween looks like the winner.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,785
    pjny12289 wrote:
    I don't wanna get ahead of myself here, but if the Yanks make it, all hell is gonna break loose. We got the world series with the yanks and phils, the giants and eagles on sunday and 4 nights of what is guaranteed to be a large NY crowd at Pearl Jam in Philly. All of this in one huge parking lot. How could you not make the trip to Philly during this epic weekend?

I hope all "HELL" will NOT breakout. But, i think you're right. SO, how many fights will ther be? How many arrest? I just hope it doesn't get too UGLY, that it FUCKS up the night, for ALL involved. Ther will be ALOT of press ther, OBVIOUSLY, so lets not make the NEWS in a negative light. Lets just ALL have a hell of good time, whether your going to Pearl Jam or the Phillies game.
  • dbodnerdbodner Posts: 60
    mrs.smiley wrote:
    The Phillies in 1 world series game brings excitement and adventure on the short term. A Jedi craves not these things! Pearl Jam closing out the Spectrum creates life time memories that we will cherish forever.

I disagree. Last year I saw game 5 of the world series first hand. That is a memory I will never, ever, ever forget.
  • Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    Add drinking and there is definitely a potential for trouble. I simply hope real PJ fans will remain in control and not do anything to portray themselves or , by extension, PJ in a negative light.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    Ryan_WFC wrote:
    It would be sweet if they brought in some big ass tv of some sort and put the game on behind them. Unfortunately the scoreboard screen there doesn't have video capabilities.

Is there like a bar area with a TV at the Spectrum? I can't remember.

Nope...

I'm in a suite for the 10/31 show, so I'm hoping they have TVs

I stand corrected. I was there tonight to see springsteen and I noticed Bullies SportsBar. I didn't go in, but there were bouncers and a turnstile waiting for people that wanted to go in. Looked like they were charging a cover, but I can't confirm that.

I'm sure it's a small place...you had to go downstairs off of the main concourse (just like the bathrooms) to get into the place.
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Ryan_WFC wrote:
    Is there like a bar area with a TV at the Spectrum? I can't remember.

Nope...

I stand corrected. I was there tonight to see springsteen and I noticed Bullies SportsBar. I didn't go in, but there were bouncers and a turnstile waiting for people that wanted to go in. Looked like they were charging a cover, but I can't confirm that.

I'm sure it's a small place...you had to go downstairs off of the main concourse (just like the bathrooms) to get into the place.

No cover charge, they check tickets to allow entry.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
    cutz wrote:
    pjny12289 wrote:
    I don't wanna get ahead of myself here, but if the Yanks make it, all hell is gonna break loose. We got the world series with the yanks and phils, the giants and eagles on sunday and 4 nights of what is guaranteed to be a large NY crowd at Pearl Jam in Philly. All of this in one huge parking lot. How could you not make the trip to Philly during this epic weekend?

I hope all "HELL" will NOT breakout. But, i think you're right. SO, how many fights will ther be? How many arrest? I just hope it doesn't get too UGLY, that it FUCKS up the night, for ALL involved. Ther will be ALOT of press ther, OBVIOUSLY, so lets not make the NEWS in a negative light. Lets just ALL have a hell of good time, whether your going to Pearl Jam or the Phillies game.

throw on halloween on top of all that.

yes, i do believe i will be wearing my riot gear
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • greggv19 wrote:

Very good point about seats opening up. I don't think any seats at the concert will be empty. The people who want to go to the concert will go to the concert. Maybe some who got shut out of tickets will get their chance. And the crowd might end up being better than it would have been. Because the people who are there will really want to be there. To me, no brainer. I can't travel to Philly. But if it were happening in LA and I had a choice of a Dodger game or a Pearl Jam concert, it would be Pearl Jam without any hesitation. In fact, after I hit this submit button, I'm going to buy my LA3 boot.

So to that end if anyone knows of any opening up, I am one of those die hard fans coming from out of state that will like to lend a hand to help relieve the bind and purchase a 10/31 ticket that's available (just trying everywhere I can). It is a tough choice, the show will be epic, it does matter how big a Phils fan you are and if you have ever, or ever will experience a World Series game again. I'm an O's fan...so after years and years of isht teams, I might have to go with the game if it happened (in 15yrs, ha).
  • This is an easy decision. Go to the PJ show.

I have never been to a losing PJ show, but have been to a losing Phillies world series game. 1993 Game 4 score 15-14. What a bad feeling after that game.
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,118
    chromiam wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Nope...

No cover charge, they check tickets to allow entry.

I believe Bullies will be closed to the public for these 4 PJ shows
  • Hey, Me and my friends are looking for any extra tix for friday nights show. We have tix for saturday but reallly wanna go to fridays...please let me know if u can help us out...thanks