Pearl Jam and Phillies World Series conflict!!!

123457»

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,624
    Where's that idiot around here who called Philly fans fair weather??? Did you SEE that stadium late in the game? The supposed "dedicated" Yankee fans. :roll: IT'S THE WORLD SERIES. Please, idiot, tell me why that was okay.

....at a yoga class with mary hart. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • CS1519CS1519 Posts: 3
    def go to pj.. but if you dont what do you have for sale?i need tix for either night!!!
  • walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    Where's that idiot around here who called Philly fans fair weather??? Did you SEE that stadium late in the game? The supposed "dedicated" Yankee fans. :roll: IT'S THE WORLD SERIES. Please, idiot, tell me why that was okay.

Dude, could you try to keep name-calling out of it? It's all in good fun to debate things we disagree on, but as a man I believe in respecting people enough not to try to stoop to the level of name-calling.

Yeah, the Yankees fans were incredibly quiet near the end of the game. However, before you start making any sort of comparison to Philly fans, wait until the Phillies are down 6 runs in the 9th inning at home so you have something reasonable to compare. I guarantee you that Phillies fans would be just as quiet in a similar situation, as would any fan of any team whose team is getting their asses kicked like that at the end of a game. What did you expect, for Yankees fans to go crazy with excitement and raise the roof in celebration of their team being down by 6 runs in the 9th? How would that make any sense?

And, just FYI, I hate the Yankees almost as much as I hate the Phillies. I just hate the Phillies more. Well, actually, I just dislike their fairweather fans more.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,342
    No way thousands of Phillies fans walk out of a 2-0 or 4-0 World Series game, as we saw last night. No freaking way.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569

....at a yoga class with mary hart. :mrgreen:

Haha...what's ironic is that you know who Mary Hart is and I have not a clue. :D
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • I didnt see very many Yankees fans last night at the show? What happened? Where were all the people who said they were gonna Proudly display their jerseys? I didnt see one single yankees fan, at least not one who was hiding it...

YANKEES SUCK!
    In July 2007 Densmore said that he would not rejoin The Doors unless it was fronted by Eddie Vedder. Densmore says, "I play with Jim. If there's someone of that level, OK. I'm not gonna join them with Ian. That's not to diss Ian, he's a good singer - but he's no Jim Morrison. Eddie Vedder? My God, there's a singer."
  • lol @ LA Fans. You arrive in the 3rd inning and are gone by the 7th.