Pearl Jam and Phillies World Series conflict!!!

Comments

• Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,342
    It would be sweet if they brought in some big ass tv of some sort and put the game on behind them. Unfortunately the scoreboard screen there doesn't have video capabilities.

Is there like a bar area with a TV at the Spectrum? I can't remember.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • who cares about the WS?! there is no way baseball or any other sport,no matter what the team, would stop me from going to see Pearl Jam! music is sooooooooo much more important than sports...and i love sports! so fuck it! this will weed out the baseball chumps and put their tickets in real Pearl Jam fans hands!

yeah that's right..i said it!.....you're not a real PJ fan if you rather see the game than the show! :P :P :P
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    who cares about the WS?! there is no way baseball or any other sport,no matter what the team, would stop me from going to see Pearl Jam! music is sooooooooo much more important than sports...and i love sports! so fuck it! this will weed out the baseball chumps and put their tickets in real Pearl Jam fans hands!

yeah that's right..i said it!.....you're not a real PJ fan if you rather see the game than the show! :P :P :P

I agree. Maybe we will get lucky and the Phillies will fall flat on their face and we can be done with this bullshit and just worry about some kick ass Rock shows ! ;) :twisted:
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,118
    The Phillies in 1 world series game brings excitement and adventure on the short term. A Jedi craves not these things! Pearl Jam closing out the Spectrum creates life time memories that we will cherish forever.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,990
    Ryan_WFC wrote:
    Yeah, DVR or Tivo's not gonna work during the show. If the Phils take the lead, the place will go bananas. Anyway, I've been stressing about this for MONTHS now. All I can do is take solace in the thought that neither games are clinchers, and I'll be using the MLB app on the iphone to watch/listen to the games during the shows. It's gonna be madness not seeing the games, yet I can't miss these shows. I'll be at Game 5 when they're hopefully becoming back-to-back World Series Champions!! :mrgreen:

This.

I decided to unload 10/28 because I think it will be the least special of the shows (for me at least) and I know how much joy I'll get from seeing the full World Series Game 1 in real time. But it wasn't any easy decision by any means...

I hear ya. I may do the same. Then again, it's not a clincher, and I've been looking forward to a week long of PJ. Shit this is tough.
  • Sadly, my team, The Boston Red Sox were eliminated from the playoffs...so I don't give a fuck about the World Series...I just want to see Pearl Jam!!!

And the idea of putting a large TV with the Phillies game on it in the Spectrum while Pearl Jam is playing is a really stupid idea! If all you care about is the phillies then do everyone a favor and don't come to the concert!
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
    all Phillies fans wanting to watch/attend the WS game on 10/31 are encouraged to feel free to swing by the Wishlist Pre Party first, donate your 10c tix for auction, bid on some amazing donated items by you Pearl Jam fans, and then head over to Citizen's Ball Park and take that good PJ Kharma with you and pass on to the Phils
  • grizahamgrizaham Posts: 338
    Wow..
    After 162 regular season games you people want more?
    Can you imagine 162 Pearl Jam concerts every year?

I would say forget about the game and head to the concert.
    Or, if you want to go to the game more, then go to the game.
    Simple.
    You can tell i grew up in a state without baseball!

But for what its worth, Go Phillies!

:shock:
    Seen PJ 21 times live from 1994-2019

• The Phillies in 1 world series game brings excitement and adventure on the short term. A Jedi craves not these things! Pearl Jam closing out the Spectrum creates life time memories that we will cherish forever.

yes master Yoda...i agree! ;):mrgreen::lol:
  • do you guys realize you haven't won anything yet?!

do you not remember 2007 when the Sox came back from 3-1?
    2004?!?

and plus even if you guys do win.. the first 2 games are being played in New York and will come back to philly after Pj is gone.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Ryan_WFC wrote:
    I'm selling my 10/28 PJ tix. It's gonna be really weird to not watch the 10/31 Phillies game, but I can't miss the final Spectrum show.

Best weekend ever.

I had a 17 game ticket package...when I purchased my playoff tix, I realized that I would be getting WS home game 1 (the halloween game). I asked the phils if they would give me WS home game 2 instead (sunday night), and they obliged.

Next week is gonna be amazing
    Ryan_WFC wrote:
    You know EV will break out his "Let's go Phillies" improv like he did in June at The Tower. That will get the Spectrum fired up

ESPECIALLY if we're playing the Yankees...

He also has some history with the Phillies, as he's friends with David Bell and has been over at the stadium at least once.

Ibanez and Bako are also huge PJ fans
    Ryan_WFC wrote:
    It would be sweet if they brought in some big ass tv of some sort and put the game on behind them. Unfortunately the scoreboard screen there doesn't have video capabilities.

Nope...

I'm in a suite for the 10/31 show, so I'm hoping they have TVs
    do you guys realize you haven't won anything yet?!

do you not remember 2007 when the Sox came back from 3-1?
    2004?!?

and plus even if you guys do win.. the first 2 games are being played in New York and will come back to philly after Pj is gone.

dude, get a clue...game 3 of the World Series is Halloween night. It will be in philly at the same time PJ is playing here

The NL team gets a home game in the WS on 10/31 meaning if the Phils win 1 more, 10.31 is going to be one mad, crazy day in South Philly with PJ, the WS, and the Flyboys all in the complex
  • Ryan_WFC wrote:

I know there is in the Wachovia Center but I'm not sure about the Spectrum. Maybe the club boxes have them?
  • Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407

World Series Game 3 is Saturday, October 31 AL @ NL 8:30 pm EDT
  • walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    This conflict will be solved when my Dodgers stun everybody by pulling out tomorrow's game and then taking games 6 and 7 at home. :D

Go Dodgers!
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Sadly, my team, The Boston Red Sox were eliminated from the playoffs...so I don't give a fuck about the World Series...I just want to see Pearl Jam!!!

And the idea of putting a large TV with the Phillies game on it in the Spectrum while Pearl Jam is playing is a really stupid idea! If all you care about is the phillies then do everyone a favor and don't come to the concert!

Wow. So I'm not allowed to care about both the concert and the game? I find it hard to believe if PJ was playing up in Red Cocks Nation, all you New Englanders would be freaking out, conflicted and excited as well.
    Sadly, my team, The Boston Red Sox were eliminated from the playoffs...so I don't give a fuck about the World Series...I just want to see Pearl Jam!!!

Wow. So I'm not allowed to care about both the concert and the game? I find it hard to believe if PJ was playing up in Red Cocks Nation, all you New Englanders would be freaking out, conflicted and excited as well.

and if you're a red sox fan you should care if the yanks are in the WS. A true red sox fan would want the yanks to lose
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    Don't worry, just like AC in 2005, Ed will be giving fake score updates the whole show.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...

nah..that's bullshit...i was born and raised in Massachusetts and i'm a Red Sox fan....and as much as i would love to see the Sox in the WS...there is no fucking way a baseball game would change my Pearl Jam plans!! maybe that's just me!.........Red Cocks? only when your mom comes over to "watch the game". ;):mrgreen:
  • Red Cocks? only when your mom comes over to "watch the game". ;):mrgreen:

I like what you did there

nah..that's bullshit...i was born and raised in Massachusetts and i'm a Red Sox fan....and as much as i would love to see the Sox in the WS...there is no fucking way a baseball game would change my Pearl Jam plans!! maybe that's just me!.........Red Cocks? only when your mom comes over to "watch the game". ;):mrgreen:
    :lol::lol:

• Don't worry, just like AC in 2005, Ed will be giving fake score updates the whole show.
    that was fucking priceless hahaha.

• Mcam55 wrote:

World Series Game 3 is Saturday, October 31 AL @ NL 8:30 pm EDT
    oh shit.. my bad.

• Red Cocks? only when your mom comes over to "watch the game". ;):mrgreen:
    LEGENDARY
  • dbodnerdbodner Posts: 60
    I'm lucky. partial season ticket holder, in the playoffs whatever games are get are random. I lucked out and got game 4 tickets. While it's going to suck missing game 3 (and DVR'ing the game is no chance), if I had game 3 tickets I'd sell them and try to buy game 4/5 tickets.
  • crazygeocrazygeo Posts: 2,380
    ONE WORD

TRAFFIC
    • 1991-11-17• 1998-08-28 •2000-09-01
    • 2003-07-05• 2004-10-01
    • 2005-10-03• 2006-05-27
    • 2008-06-19• 2009-10-27 2009-10-28 •2009-10-30
    • 2009-10-31

*Tres Mts 2011-03-23
    *Eddie Vedder 2011-06-25
    - 2013-10-21
    - 2013=10-22
    -2016 -04-28
    -2016 -04-29
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    crazygeo wrote:
    ONE WORD

TRAFFIC

a few other words.. public transportation... arrive early... carpool... whiskey.. pool table.... lounge chair.... bong.... beermeister...
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.