Options

Has PJ ever made you cry?

Comments

• Options
    Yes, when they are not on tour. :D
    I am the artist formally known as "Cameron4President"....
    1998: Va Beach VA
    2000: Va Beach VA, Columbia MD
    2003: Raleigh NC, Bristow VA
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Bristow VA
    2013: Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Charlotte NC
    2014: Cincinnati, OH
    2016: Hampton, VA, Raleigh, NC
  • Options
    Yes, all the time. I get emotional alot when i listen to them.In 09 i got to see them live in Seattle and let me tell you from the moment i walked in to the key arena i was crying ,especially when they played given to fly , i swear i had an outer body experience!
  • Options
    i found myself crying to Just Breathe / Amongst the Waves from the Belfast boot yesterday on my drive in to work...i dont have a good explanation for this...it just happened...
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    mike moroskimike moroski Cincinnati, OH Posts: 2
    down. 1st time and everyone thereafter. the end as well.
    moroski
  • Options
    There is too many to mention...It would be Black,Life Wasted,The End,Just breathe,Indifference...
    and many more...
    The best revenge is to live on and prove yourself EV
    How is life treating you? Better yet, how are you treating life? EV
  • Options
    betterme wrote:
    There is too many to mention...It would be Black,Life Wasted,The End,Just breathe,Indifference...
    and many more...

A fresh new member to our community!!! :D:D:D
    welcome!!
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    Fresh new member it is :P :P :P
    Thank you !!!
    betterme wrote:
    and many more...

A fresh new member to our community!!! :D:D:D
    welcome!!
    The best revenge is to live on and prove yourself EV
    How is life treating you? Better yet, how are you treating life? EV
  • Options
    number1PJfannumber1PJfan Posts: 3,748
    PJ has gotten me through many tough times. I put in my headphones and tune out the rest of the world. If they only knew. So many of their songs mean so much at so many different times. They are woven through my life and give me strength.
  • Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    yes...they've been a part of my life for a very long time so there have been many times, and many songs, that when I hear them they just hit me relative to the situation.....it's the soul of the music.
  • Options
    THE FIRST TIME I HEARD PJ WAS IN 93...MY DAD SAIS "PEDRO, LISTEN THIS RECORD, SOME FRIENDS GAVE IT TO ME AND THIS IS YOUR BIRTHDAY PRESENT" (WAS TEN)...I WENT TO MY ROOM AND PUT IT IN THE STEREO AND STARTED TO THE NUMBER 5, WHICH IS BLACK...I CRIED IN THE MIDDLE AND THE FINISH OF THE SONG

WELL I ALWAYS CRY WITH PJ--I KNOW THERE IS A LOT OF SAD SONG BUT I NEVER CRY FOR FEELING SAD OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT...I CRY BECOUSE THE MUSIC AND THE LYRICS TOUCH MY SOUL, IN THE DEEPEST WAY

THAT'S WHY I WOULD LOVE TO MEET THE BAND...FOR SAY "THANKS GUYS" YOU TOUCH MY SOUL...AND NOW MY LIFE IS BETTER
    I got memories i got shit
  • Options
    myramyra Posts: 1,257
    Black, Thumbing my way and Footsteps, the first two always bringing tears, no matter what.
    And I got Id.
  • Options
    dhealy90dhealy90 Posts: 124
    Live on 2 legs, mikes guitar work in black will always make me cry. The raw power and emotion he puts behind this solo will ways choke me up. Come back...ya know...
  • Options
    Last month, a friend of mine committed suicide the day before his 40th birthday. I'm sitting on the subway the day after his funeral, pissed at and confused by his act, put my headphones on, and "Thumbing My Way" came on. The lyrics cut through my anger and frustration and helped me to understand what he'd been going through, and I sat on the train with tears streaming down my face, hoping not too many people would notice. I honestly believe that my friend somehow interfered with my playlist and sent that song to comfort me. ~Thank you, St PJ~
    * Barclays Center NY 10/19/14 * Centre Bell QC 9/7/11 * Madison Square Garden NY 9/11/98 7/8/03 7/9/03 6/24/08 6/25/08 5/20/10 * Wachovia Spectrum PA 10/28/09 * Continental Arena NJ 6/1/06 6/3/06 * Nassau Coliseum NY 4/30/03 * Jones Beach NY 8/23/00 8/24/00 *

• Options
    Black can choke me up...it used to make me very pensive. The ending is very powerful. The song contains so much pain, loss, and hurt that it's nearly impossible not to be moved by it.
    Dalai Lama—To say that humility is an essential ingredient in our pursuit of spiritual transformation may seem to be at odds with what I have said about the need for confidence. But there is clearly a distinction to be made between valid confidence or self-esteem, and conceit - which we can describe as an inflated sense of importance, grounded in a false image of self.
  • Options
    Last month, a friend of mine committed suicide the day before his 40th birthday. I'm sitting on the subway the day after his funeral, pissed at and confused by his act, put my headphones on, and "Thumbing My Way" came on. The lyrics cut through my anger and frustration and helped me to understand what he'd been going through, and I sat on the train with tears streaming down my face, hoping not too many people would notice. I honestly believe that my friend somehow interfered with my playlist and sent that song to comfort me. ~Thank you, St PJ~

sorry for your lost!
    beatiful writting
    I got memories i got shit
  • Options
    If so, what song(s)?

Just Breath, everytime like clockwork, since the first time. Ties me to a difficult loss in my life.

Several other songs get me depending on where I'm at. Release gets my in a good way, such an awesome build up in that song to the eventual "release" of eddies searing vocals. Footsteps does this too.
  • Options
    myramyra Posts: 1,257
    Man of the Hour has got me every time for a while now. To the point that I actually have to skip it, which I wouldn't do for any of the other songs listed in my previous post. :cry:
  • Options
    71step2871step28 Hamburg Posts: 2,249
    ...yea, just yesterday while listening to my favorite ones loud and intense to let my mind flow and get answers to it's questions...not sure if it worked out though
  • Options
    nothing_man_92nothing_man_92 Canberra, Australia Posts: 344
    for me its All or None

To myself i surrender to the one ill never please :( and during mikes solo amazing stuff

also The Wolf
  • Options
    KatyzKatyz Posts: 838
    Just Breathe - as I will my son to get better....but I probably would anyway as it is such a lovely song.
    Come Back - just wonderful
    Release....chills
    RVM when I realized I wish I could sometimes drive away from it all but I can't! (and wouldn't even if I could.)These are my favorite songs of all.
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    The first time I heard Just Breathe, Unthought Known and The End I got a little teary eyed.
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Very often "All or none", especially that version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGpVuOZxQbo
  • Options
    Berlin 30-6-2010........During comeback........and i wasnt alone on this one.......

And Black! That was epic ...
  • Options
    Behind her eyes there's curtains...
    And they've been closed to hide the flames, remains...
    She knows their future's burning, but she can smile just the same, same...
    And though her mood is fine today
    There's a fear they'll soon be parting ways
    Standing, like a statue
    A chin of stone, a heart of clay, hey...
    And though he's too big a man to say
    There's a fear they'll soon be parting ways

I was listening to this just the other day and it hit me like a ton of bricks...my hubby and I have been going through a rough patch.
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    edited March 2011
    once
    Post edited by rollings on
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Leeze wrote:
    Very often "All or none", especially that version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGpVuOZxQbo
    what u make me to remember now...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    Last time I remember -30th June this year, Berlin, "Black".
    I still try to pick up my broken heart, but I even didn't know that this song could ever bring me to cry. I was so ashamed other people have seen that.
    Not like Just breathe.
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
  • Options
    halszka123 wrote:
    I still try to pick up my broken heart, but I even didn't know that this song could ever bring me to cry. I was so ashamed other people have seen that.
    Not like Just breathe.

I think you were not the only one crying at that concert and there is no need to be ashamed if you show your feelings. I hope you are better now.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    halszka123 wrote:
    Not like Just breathe.
    you wasnt alone......and believe me.....all around you understand that.....its great to expreess your self..
    from the other hand i cry so many times with black in my life and i thought ill not cry in a concert live....
    like i could control it..cos i see this song now as a celebration in life and love....
    in berlin during Black i got tears in my eyes the moment i release the reaction of the crowd..i was so pround to see and be a part of this unique moment..

and during come back...just need to thanks again my good friend Bas for try to stop my crying and try to cheer me up..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Yeah all the time.
    Cryed in betterman at the show in auckland, pretty much everytime i listen to it I get teary eyed.

This ones going to sound weird but Supersonic makes me cry, its a bit of a story,
    just a few months before Backspacer came out, Me and my family were walking through the main street of our town and we saw a tiny little Kitten just about to run onto the road. I grabbed her to stop her getting hit by a car. There was some people on the footpath and the said "Take it, we found it at the park, we dont want it"
    We couldnt just leave a little tiny kitty in the middle of town so we took her home and she instantly became part of our family. We named her Sonic. Then Backspacer came out a while later and the song 'Supersonic' described her perfectly. She wasnt really like a cat, she was a part of our family, she was so special. She was always a wanderer though and in April this year (almost a year after we found her) she was hit by a truck and killed on the road. It was awful, she left a huge hole in the family, She wasnt just a cat she was part of the family. Everytime I listen to Supersonic it reminds me of her, and the lyrics are fitting..
    'Supersonic, truth be told, dont need you to live but I'll never let you go'

and a bunch of other ones, PJ are quite an emotional band for me
    Pearl Jam Pearl Jam Pearl Jam!

I'm looking to buy a single ticket to Ed's Sydney Opera House show, PM me if you've got a spare! I don't care where the seat is! :D