Options

Has PJ ever made you cry?

Comments

• Options
    embraceembrace Posts: 849
    Berlin 30-6-2010........During comeback........and i wasnt alone on this one.......

Come Back made me cry today...
    got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
  • Options
    Release. It was the first song they sang the first time I saw them. Too choked up and cried through the whole song, and damn it, tears me up thinking back as i write this.
    Ferri
  • Options
    PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,247
    Berlin 30-6-2010........During comeback........and i wasnt alone on this one.......

I cried all the way through this too.. all the way into Alive actually!

Also during Long Road, Light Years and LBC in Copenhagen 07

and the first time I really "got" Black after some girl dumped me :)

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151

I cried all the way through this too.. all the way into Alive actually!

Also during Long Road, Light Years and LBC in Copenhagen 07

and the first time I really "got" Black after some girl dumped me :)
    all the way for me too...and this last one about Black...this is the reason im saying is the best song ever in the history of music..we all been,be,will be there.....
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    When I was going through a breakup with my first love in the winter of 2000, I heard the songs "Hard to Imagine" and "Strangest Tribe" for the first time. There was just something haunting yet beautiful about both songs. The chorus to Hard to Imagine sort of defined the circumstances and the first lines in Strangest Tribe defined the setting. I remember literally driving around at night, in the winter chill with the windows down, listening to those two songs over and over and letting the cold, biting wind dry my eyes.
    On a lighter note, Vedder's solo "Someday We'll Go All The Way" brings tears to my eyes every time. If you're a Cubs fan, you understand!
  • Options
    blenderman69blenderman69 philly Posts: 2,104
    the end makes me cry.....
  • Options
    DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551

"The End" is, by far, the most profound sad song I've ever heard.
  • Options
    blenderman69blenderman69 philly Posts: 2,104
    DangDang wrote:

"The End" is, by far, the most profound sad song I've ever heard.
    it made me cry today, yesterday and everytime i hear it....been lucky enough to cry to it live two or three times.
  • Options
    many years of cathartic tears...recently openly wept for the roskilde victims at show in berlin. tears from eddie, moment of silence, bandmates hugging... then come back and alive. much more than a few songs - an ode to the frailty and beauty of life. we are all still alive.
  • Options
    allydcallydc Posts: 5
    many years of cathartic tears...recently openly wept for the roskilde victims at show in berlin. tears from eddie, moment of silence, bandmates hugging... then come back and alive. much more than a few songs - an ode to the frailty and beauty of life. we are all still alive.

Couldn't have said it better! I was overwhelmed at the Berlin '10 show during Ed's speech before Come Back/Stone's moment of silence... and during the song- it was so beautiful- Eddies emotions made it so much more poignant and I find it hard to hear that song now... But when I first heard the chords to Alive- I wept- like Eddie says in Storytellers- the fans have changed the meaning of Alive over the years and made it positive- well PJ changed it for me in Berlin...

it was an amazingly emotional night and a truly profound experience- one I will never forget!
    Merriweather Post '98
    MSG II '03
    MCI Center DC- Vote for Change '04
    Verizon Center '06
    02 London '09
    Hard Rock Calling '10
    Berlin '10
    Eddie Solo LA '11
    Ed Solo London I and II '12
  • Options
    allydc wrote:

Couldn't have said it better! I was overwhelmed at the Berlin '10 show during Ed's speech before Come Back/Stone's moment of silence... and during the song- it was so beautiful- Eddies emotions made it so much more poignant and I find it hard to hear that song now... But when I first heard the chords to Alive- I wept- like Eddie says in Storytellers- the fans have changed the meaning of Alive over the years and made it positive- well PJ changed it for me in Berlin...

it was an amazingly emotional night and a truly profound experience- one I will never forget!
    thats the spirit..congrats both of u.. :) ..
    p.s. really,ed give his soul to come back,and he didnt have any energy left during alive...
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    TradebackTradeback Posts: 4
    KF283313 wrote:
    "When he was six he believed that the moon overhead followed him
    By nine he had deciphered the illusion, trading magic for fact
    No trade-backs...
    So this is what it's like to be an adult
    If he only knew now what he knew then..."

Every single time, even when I think "I don't think I'll cry this time", I do! I just love it, the magic of childhood!

Thanks for the post KF. Me too (hence the username).
  • Options
    TradebackTradeback Posts: 4
    Some others:

Man of the Hour. It makes me love my father even more and makes me cherish every minute I have left with him (he's 81).
    Release, but not because I've lost my father -- I hear it as a prayer, and the need to be forgiven. Wash makes me cry for the same reasons. "I can't get it off."
    Nothingman, as soon as I hear "caught a bolt of lightning, cursed the day he let it go". Everyone has regrets, but some are deeper than others.
    Elderly Woman, at the moment of recognition.
    Dissident, at the moment of betrayal.
    YL -- just for the sheer beauty of the guitar solo.

And until fireladie's post a few posts back, I thought I was the only PJ fan that cries at Leash. I first heard it when I was working for a really, really horrible boss. Now I just think of it as freedom from oppression, whatever the form. I cried listening to it earlier today.
  • Options
    maradilmaradil Posts: 1
    It's not only a matter of crying...
    With their music my soul experiences the kind of freedom that comes from the sudden breaking of symmetries... it breaths such as newborn and when back it receives a new taste in ordered life. In those moments my body is the shape that their music gives to my feelings.
    thanks PJ :)
  • Options
    seven hours from now...will happen...again....here comes the pain again,here comes the rain again,here comes the Black again...and i sing...tururutu tururu...
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,524
    Sleight of Hand around 2001. Going through a bad time. I would have eventually cried anyway, but when the course came on, I was sold.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    Sarah74Sarah74 Posts: 7
    Just Breathe...
    Man of the Hour...
    Unthought Known...
  • Options
    luanisluanis Posts: 159
    They made me cry a few times, mostly in live concerts.
    The first time I heard Black live was in 2000 at Restelo and it really hit me in 2006 when they did the whole "we belong together" thing. But I broke down in tears at this year's concert at the Alive Festival when they did my 3 all time favorites that night. Release, Nothingman and Black.

Oh and I have to say that I didn't listen to Backspacer up until the concert. I was completly off on the new songs and Just Breathe made me cry... gosh it's amazing how a song I didn't know made me feel like that. It was amazing to listen to it for the first time and in a live concert and it really hit me.

I'm a crybaby, I admit it :)
    Pearl Jam:
    Restelo Stadium - May 23rd 2000 ; Pavilhao Atlantico - Sep 4th 2006 ; Passeio Maritimo Alges - Jun 8th 2007 ; Optimus Alive! - Jul 10th 2010 ; NOS Alive - Jul 14th 2018

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Sudoeste Festival, Zambujeira do Mar - Aug 3rd 2012 ; Super Bock Super Rock, Meco - Jul 18th 2014
    _____
    Next?
  • Options
    MotoDCMotoDC Posts: 947
    pandora wrote:
    no not really but when I cry I want PJ to listen to
    cause it feels right
    This.

And goosebumps
    and chills
    and teaching me what it is to truely feel something without thought and analysis
    and thereby helping me understand both limitless passion and limitless depression
  • Options
    MotoDCMotoDC Posts: 947
    luanis wrote:
    They made me cry a few times, mostly in live concerts.
    The first time I heard Black live was in 2000 at Restelo and it really hit me in 2006 when they did the whole "we belong together" thing. But I broke down in tears at this year's concert at the Alive Festival when they did my 3 all time favorites that night. Release, Nothingman and Black.

Oh and I have to say that I didn't listen to Backspacer up until the concert. I was completly off on the new songs and Just Breathe made me cry... gosh it's amazing how a song I didn't know made me feel like that. It was amazing to listen to it for the first time and in a live concert and it really hit me.

I'm a crybaby, I admit it :)
    Totally get this, luanis. You can never judge a pearl jam song until you hear it live. Takes on a life of its own.
  • Options
    luanisluanis Posts: 159
    MotoDC wrote:
    You can never judge a pearl jam song until you hear it live. Takes on a life of its own.

I couldn't have said it better ;)
    Pearl Jam:
    Restelo Stadium - May 23rd 2000 ; Pavilhao Atlantico - Sep 4th 2006 ; Passeio Maritimo Alges - Jun 8th 2007 ; Optimus Alive! - Jul 10th 2010 ; NOS Alive - Jul 14th 2018

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Sudoeste Festival, Zambujeira do Mar - Aug 3rd 2012 ; Super Bock Super Rock, Meco - Jul 18th 2014
    _____
    Next?
  • Options
    luanis wrote:
    MotoDC wrote:
    You can never judge a pearl jam song until you hear it live. Takes on a life of its own.

I couldn't have said it better ;)
  • Options
    come back

first time i heard it on the album, it immediately hit me because it relates so much to me in terms of my fathers passing.

can't listen to it all the way through anymore, and still waiting for it live
    E. Rutherford 6/03/06
    Camden 6/19/08
    Newark 5/18/10
    MSG 5/20/10
    MSG 5/21/10
    Brian (Staten Island): Does Boom even speak to you guys?

SportsNation Jeff Ament: (6:42 PM ET ) we can only speak to Boom when spoken to...
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    yes. last time was the first time i heard just breathe.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    AzWickerAzWicker Posts: 1,162
    Every once in a while, When I am looking at my grandson, I may shed a tear during release. :cry:
    Ed: 2011-07-09 2012-11-04
    PJ: 2011-09-03 2011-09-04
  • Options
    stipe19stipe19 Posts: 237
    Never cried but when Eddie says I just want to scream Hello and says hello even lower I say god damn is that the most perfect line written and sang ever
  • Options
    71step2871step28 Hamburg Posts: 2,249
    PJ made and makes me cry easily, for several reasons and all kinds of tears. Sad tears, happy tears, desperate tears, knowing tears....
    Right know I don't even need to listen to them (but I do anyway) and they manage to make me cry just because I am soooo damn thankful for and god damn happy about what they have given me with this Euro-tour. The tour is over, the last chord is played, but they have left me the most important thing.
    They always ment a lot to me before this tour, but now they are the soundtrack of me life.

:D

xxxxxxx
  • Options
    71step28 wrote:
    PJ made and makes me cry easily, for several reasons and all kinds of tears. Sad tears, happy tears, desperate tears, knowing tears....
    Right know I don't even need to listen to them (but I do anyway) and they manage to make me cry just because I am soooo damn thankful for and god damn happy about what they have given me with this Euro-tour. The tour is over, the last chord is played, but they have left me the most important thing.
    They always ment a lot to me before this tour, but now they are the soundtrack of me life.

xxxxxxx
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
  • Options
    71step2871step28 Hamburg Posts: 2,249
    71step28 wrote:

xxxxxxx
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

:D:D:D
  • Options
    pbrm_pearljampbrm_pearljam Amsterdam Posts: 38
    Release.....a real tearjerker......what a f*ing powerfull song...especially a live version.....
    But Ed's lyrics can make me cry sometimes and help me through tough times......
    He's a real talent to bring on the emotions..............
    See the path.....cut by the moon.....for you to walk on........

NIJMEGEN 2007 - AHOY 2009 - NIJMEGEN 2010 - AMSTERDAM-1 2012
    AMSTERDAM-2 2012 !!!!!!!!
    ED 25-7-2012

AMSTERDAM 1+2 2014