Options

Has PJ ever made you cry?

Comments

• Options
    Oh yeah they have... Almost had a car accident because of that :shock:
    That time it was Jeremy... But I also had to cry listening to Black and Rearviewmirror...
    OMG, am I such a crybaby???
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    I absolutely cried at the recemnt Auckland concert, my 1st PJ concert & then I absolutely bawled my eyes out when I listened to the CD of the show when it arrived. I am so gutted I'd not seen PJ before & that I didn't organise to go down to the concert in Christchurch after the Auckland one. I am now a tried & try PJ fan! :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    EdLawEdLaw Posts: 194
    Black just did it to me, and not for the first time. Sometimes that song just hits me like a tonne of bricks. Damn.
    And I planted my bolo knife in the neck of mad John Finn. I took his wretched life.
    Now I'm over near the bandstand, every hand moving on John Finn's wife...
  • Options
    I was going through a pretty painful breakup when I first heard Nothingman. That pretty much did it.
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I was going through a pretty painful breakup when I first heard Nothingman. That pretty much did it.

Nothingman and Release if i'm in the right frame of mind...

Around the Bend EVERY time.
  • Options
    just breathe. every time i hear it. f'n beautiful song.
  • Options
    Yep, Release after my Papa died, and also just probably because I feel like crying - Just Breathe, The End, Parachutes, Come Back, Man of the Hour, Black and Low Light- I think thats it, I didn't think I cried that easily! :shock: :lol::):mrgreen:
    Harriet. :)
  • Options
    just last night...the end of The End kept going through my head as I try to sleep.

Laid there and wept.

The lyric "the end comes near, I'm here, but not much longer" and "a sickness in my bones" both scare the hell outta me. On many levels.

The music felt like it was partially downloaded in a file on my brain's desktop and something or someone was playing it over and over.

Some people hear voices. I hear music.

Often it makes me sob and can change my mood for hours.

It is also very annoying in public situations to be so emotionally vulnerable to it.
  • Options
    Just Breathe, Amongst the Waves, Unthought Known, Speed of Sound, The End, just in the past year...
    Fan of singer songwriters who push musical boundaries?
    You need to hear this new artist!
    Visit www.daveshowmusic.com
  • Options
    Just this past October, I was driving home from a rough appointment at the psychologist's office and the next track on my iPod to play in the car was "Just Breathe" and it made me cry harder than I've ever cried before. "Amongst the Waves" and "Unthought Known" came the tears a coming well until I got home, all 3 hit extremely hard that day.

-Dave
    Fan of singer songwriters who push musical boundaries?
    You need to hear this new artist!
    Visit www.daveshowmusic.com
  • Options
    black..bonnaroo
    mike's solo actually did it. (drugs are bad)

and randomly present tense did twice

the moment they took the stage at bonaroo..... my first show after 17 years of loving them...... oh to be there!!!!! and then during release and when they went away..... :(

I felt like a 13 year old.
    6/14/08, 6/23/09
  • Options
    All the time!!!!
    E. Pressman
  • Options
    the wolf wrote:
    Arc - E.V. solo memphis

Crown of thorns - Philly night 4

plenty of other times, but those two stick out to me right now.

ARC!!! yes, EV solo ATL '09...... its like i had never heard the song before.... chills. tears.
    6/14/08, 6/23/09
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    no
  • Options
    ms272121ms272121 Posts: 3
    long road, every time
  • Options
    craigbcraigb Posts: 806
    When they played Alive at my first concert.
    "Speak clearly if you speak at all; carve every word before you let it fall"

Los Angeles 10.7.2009
  • Options
    Ya, Today! When I learned my band had finally died! RIP

Don't forget to shop at TARGET!!!
  • Options
    Release, Indifference, Black
    "If you knew me you wouldn't love me"- EV April 17, 1994 Paramount Theater, NYC
  • Options
    "I have wished for so long"
    "How i whised for you today"

now everbody can relate to that
    A Compliment For Us Is A Compliment For You

Hartford 05/15/10, Newark 05/18/10, MSG I 05/20/10, MSG II 05/21/10
  • Options
    prljam85prljam85 Posts: 227
    there's a few that have that power depending on my mood but comeback is one that can always do it.
  • Options
    belfast1belfast1 Posts: 780
    Black, elderly woman, indifference, release, long road and hard to imagine for an old friend I haven't seen for so long

wishlist for my mum and

just breathe and unthought known for my daughter
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • Options
    When i saw Pearl Jam at the 02 arena last year and was priveliged to take my friend Stevie B who attended his first concert in many years and bought us a couple of tickets. We both cried when they came on. One of the most powerful experiences of my life.....Love you Mr B : ) Keep on rocking in the free world!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,425
    I'd probably cry if they sang a song about onions.
  • Options
    Oceans 98Oceans 98 Posts: 232
    indifference
    St. Louis 07/02/98, St. Louis 10/11/00, New York 07/08/03, New York 07/09/03, Chicago 05/16/06, Chicago 05/17/06, Bridge School 10/21/06, Bridge School 10/22/06, Chicago 07/05/07, Chicago 07/24/09, Kansas City 05/03/10, St Louis 05/04/10, PJ20 09/03/11, PJ20 09/04/11, Chicago 07/19/13, St. Louis 10/03/14, Ohana 09/24/21 (EV/Earthings), Ohana 09/25/21 (EV/Earthlings), Ohana 09/26/21, Nashville 09/16/22, Louisville 09/17/22, St. Louis 09/18/22, Oklahoma City 09/20/22

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    June 22, 1995 CalExpo

Didn't cry but boy did I have a lump in my throat that night. Went to the show with my uncle Tim. It was MY first pj show besides bridge school the previous year. My uncle went to the seats by the side and I went to the front. After bad religion shredded I stood there hangen by myself. My heart started pounding when there clown/jacknthebox music started knowing that my band was about to come out. Then they walked out and I remember Ed walking out with a cup in his hand and he looked at the crowd and you could read his lips say "wow....." And to top it all off, they opened with release!!! Can it get any better? Yes, I meet up with my uncle. I ask him what did you think? His response-these guys are going to be the biggest band in the world. I alwayz knew my uncle Tim was smart when it came to music. Man I miss those teen years smoking some shwag with my uncle listening to his Vitology vinyl....to be young again......

Oh and I did see my girl cry the first time she saw them in 2000. I looked over at her while they were walking out to see what her first expression would be. Sure enough, she had tears coming down her cheeks. See my gf is 5 years younger then me so she was 19 and didn't get to see them earlier cuz she was young. She even showed me all her VHS recordings of pj on MTV to prove to me she was a diehard fan. She even fucken saved the plastic off her Ten cassette in an album book.....$9.99 still on it hahaha :mrgreen:
  • Options
    riverrun71riverrun71 Posts: 57
    Too many times to count, some of these stories are making me tear up.

I've dealt with an alcohol problem most of my life, my way of dealing with all of lifes issues was to get drunk by myself and listen to pearl jam. (Pathetic huh?) Anyway, I finally sought treatment and have been in recovery for some time now. When I first stopped drinking I was afraid I wouldn't be able to listen any more, that it would be too painful, too many bad memories. Fortunately it's been the opposite, I still cry occasionally but in a very cathartic way. Their music holds so much meaning to me, for so many different reasons as I'm sure is the same with all of you.

My wife says I'm a crying sissy boy, jokingly of course. I think?
  • Options
    ski4ski4 Posts: 261
    FrankieG wrote:
    yes, certain songs with certain meanings, especially when im thinking about certain things lol.

Very broard lol, but they definitely have.

ditto
    last time was this recent columbus show
    they did 3 tunes back to back that just broke me up
    "The only thing I ever saw that came close to Objective Journalism was a closed-circuit TV setup that watched shoplifters in the General Store at Woody Creek, Colorado." hst
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,455
    ski4 wrote:
    last time was this recent columbus show

me too....during amongst the waves....didn't see that coming :wtf: :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Yesterday actually. Was listening to Off he goes on my Ipod and was reminded of my cousin who moved away to live in Colorado with his girlfriend.. I miss him a lot and he was the one who got me into Pearl Jam. Great guy and his girlfriend he moved out there with just broke up with him, so my heart has been heavy for him recently. When I heard 'And now I rub my eyes, for he has returned'....instant tears. First time I cried listening to music too, I believe.
  • Options
    mostdefiledmostdefiled Posts: 158
    Last year, I got to see EV's first two solo shows of the tour, and I got to listen to sound check through the theater door. When he sang "Rise", and got to the line "gonna rise up, burning black holes in dark memories", my breath left me and I started sobbing. And in my first taste of how nice PJ fans can really be, no one made me feel foolish, either.

On 10/31 in Philly last year, they did Inside Job, and again, more tears. I was sitting in a balcony seat, and had brought in binoculars I was sharing with fellow balcony residents. Someone kept trying to pass them back to me during that song, and I kept pushing them away- I just wanted to be alone with the song, alone with all that emotion.
    she holds the hand that holds her down, she will rise above!