Options

Has PJ ever made you cry?

Comments

• Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    most recently, Off He Goes from Seattle 1....maaaaaan I started out just singing along, and next thing I knew, i had a lump in my throat and the tears just started...took me halfway thru the next song to be composed again!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    First time I listened to Wishlist.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Lately I have been overwhelmed with gratitude for how much I have in my life-it's been very humbling. Watching my son grow up(he's 5), my marriage, my relationships with family and friends-just amazing to have so much love in my life. So imagine being in that place and hearing Ed sing these words for the first time:

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love
    some folks just have one
    others they got none, aw huh

I was floored. It seemed that Ed and I were in some ways in the same place in our lives, and listening to him made me realize how important it was to get up every day and continue in the direction I'm going. "Just Breathe", along with "Amongst the Waves" are songs I will carry with me forever, and they make me cry at least little every time.

Thanks for coloring my life Ed.
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind.....
  • Options
    redeyeredeye Posts: 620
    yea opening chords of release live
  • Options
    [Also when I watch DVD "Cornice" from Italy and realize how much I LOVE THEM and how much they can touch people in other countries...that brings a tear to my eye]

Yeah I can agree with that Cornice DVD, brings a tear to my eye seeing others so intensely involved with the energy transfer that goes on at the shows.

Songs that have brought on tears for me was in '98, right down the front, Dissident, and elderly Woman, when Ed Sings "I just wanna scream...HELLO!"

Recently, i heard an Adelaide show over the phone(yes) and choked up during In My Tree when i heard the crowd belting "wave to all my friends" right back at Ed
    " Take my hand, not my picture"
  • Options
    71step2871step28 Hamburg Posts: 2,249
    Yes, they made me cry (once again) just some minutes ago... with a row of black>release>immortality>slight of hand>footsteps ... :cry::cry:
    And they allways will - happy or sad ;)
  • Options
    Light years, every time, but mostly because I sang that for a girl a while ago and I miss her terribly. I Got Id because all but maybe two of the lines seem to apply to my life. Even Flow occasionally because it was the first Pearl Jam song that I ever heard and I am so thankful that I heard it. And Black has made me cry a few times because of its sheer beauty.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    71step28 wrote:
    Yes, they made me cry (once again) just some minutes ago... with a row of black>release>immortality>slight of hand>footsteps ... :cry::cry:
    And they allways will - happy or sad ;)
    i see 5 reasons in those for cry..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    black has always made tears well over
    smile as well

recently just breathe

depending on the mood any song can do it to me

i can be in an absolute high and hear a song like lukin and it will take me rushing back to when ive heard it live and itll make me cry

but having said all this. i think i have faulty tear ducts
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense
  • Options
    Last night I spent 20 minutes blubbering like an absolute baby.....after the crappiest day in the history of crappy days.....a truly beautiful person called me from the Melbourne concert and let me hear Black in full.....simply because he knew what it would mean to me....and he knew the day I'd had...and because he is such a nice person....and as soon as I answered the phone...and heards those chords....the tears started coming and didn't stop for AT LEAST 20 minutes.......thanks Aaron.....that was truly an awesome gesture...one I will NEVER forget....
  • Options
    Last night I spent 20 minutes blubbering like an absolute baby.....after the crappiest day in the history of crappy days.....a truly beautiful person called me from the Melbourne concert and let me hear Black in full.....simply because he knew what it would mean to me....and he knew the day I'd had...and because he is such a nice person....and as soon as I answered the phone...and heards those chords....the tears started coming and didn't stop for AT LEAST 20 minutes.......thanks Aaron.....that was truly an awesome gesture...one I will NEVER forget....
    what a great thing to do..congrats Aaron
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    LDBLDB Posts: 41
    All the time...

Man of the Hour for my dad.
    Betterman because I pretend to sleep.
    Nothingman watching someone become one.
    Footseps because we have hard choices to do what we gotta do.
    Given to Fly because we can.
    Inside Job and Present Tense because they are just a truth that every being should recognize.
    Sleight of Hand because even if you love your job, well you know...

More and different ones on any given day. The beauty of the guitars really gets me on instrumental sections. The guitar work speaks.

We're all still Alive.
  • Options
    jonesjc14jonesjc14 Posts: 32
    edited February 2010
    The opening song of my very first PJ concert in Chicago- Hard To Imagine. I was 13 and that was by far the greatest day of my life...
    Post edited by jonesjc14 on
    "Locking up a drug dealer isn't a deterrent, it's a job opening."
  • Options
    PJ Greg wrote:
    I cried like a baby when I saw this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBpg24zPBqg

It is THE SINGLE GREATEST and emotional performance of Black that I have ever witnessed.
    WATCH IT if you have ever loved this band, I beg you!!!!!!!!

Well, that did it! and Black has always done. Thanks for sharing. The other Black performance I will have to watch another time.
    " I'm like an opening band for the sun "
  • Options
    what a great thing to do..congrats Aaron

It WAS a great thing to do....and re-iterates what the people that frequent this board and are in 10c are truly like......this is an awesome place and one I enjoy being a part of....
  • Options
    LDBLDB Posts: 41
    [quote="loveheroine"]
    PJ Greg wrote:
    I cried like a baby when I saw this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBpg24zPBqg

It is THE SINGLE GREATEST and emotional performance of Black that I have ever witnessed.
    WATCH IT if you have ever loved this band, I beg you!!!!!!!!

Well, that did it! and Black has always done. Thanks for sharing. The other Black performance I will have to watch another time.[/quote]

[loveheroine} Again thank you for sharing this. Just made me cry. That Pistoria show was just amazing. Wish this had made the DVD.I can't wait to watch many times

Ed, the voice...Mike singing thru the guitar....the audience....perfect.

We're all still Alive!!!
  • Options
    Every album has one song that makes me cry, at the moment its unthought known. I finally realised a lifes ambition when I got to see the band play at Manchester this year. Every song has new meaning to me now,its like discovering pearl jam for the first time again. Even my kids appreciate what It is that makes pj so important in my life. Guess I'm just a sad old woman.
    m ross
  • Options
    too many times to list.

I totally agree with that.

but when they get on stage, there are always some tears coming up in my eyes.. tears of joy :-)
    when they played hard to imagine last time in berlin I also start crying..
    ... se key on. ;-)

Pearl Jam Sept. 23, 2006 Berlin | June 20, 2010 Berlin | July 04 & 05, 2012 Berlin | June 26, 2014 Berlin | June 12 & 13, 2018 Amsterdam | July 05, 2018 Berlin
    EV June 01, 2017 Berlin | June 28, 2019 Berlin | June 30, 2019 Düsseldorf
  • Options
    all of their shows I've been, especially Daughter, Elderly Woman and Given To Fly...
    I don't question our existence
    I just question our modern needs

** http://backpacksoul.wordpress.com **
  • Options
    I went to my first concert in Sydney on the 22nd November and cried like a baby when they came on. It was a very emotional thing for me as i have been waiting since their 1998 concerts here to go to one (due to different circumstances i couldn't make them). I have cried a little after the concert due to PJ depression hitting aswell.
    Porch makes me cry alot as it is my fav song and i just get soooo happy when i hear it!
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star
    In somebody else's sky, but why, why, why
    Can't it be, can't it be mine
  • Options
    megan.f wrote:
    I went to my first concert in Sydney on the 22nd November and cried like a baby when they came on. It was a very emotional thing for me as i have been waiting since their 1998 concerts here to go to one (due to different circumstances i couldn't make them). I have cried a little after the concert due to PJ depression hitting aswell.
    Porch makes me cry alot as it is my fav song and i just get soooo happy when i hear it!
    happy for u..congrats....the 1st time u never forget it...
  • Options
    AELARAAELARA Posts: 803
    Oh yeah! I've cried numerous times, mostly when listening to "Black".
    I am mine!
  • Options
    JacksJacks Posts: 10
    "Black" and "Just Breathe" have made me cry.
    Jacks
  • Options
    llovellove Posts: 106
    So many thoughtful posts on this thread. Life is painful isn't it? But joyous too. And thanks for the Pistoia video, so beautiful. I have only seen PJ once live--Toronto on August 21st. I went into the amphitheater without preconceived notions since I was a newbie to their live show, just excited to be there. The energy was great, everyone was smiling and spirits were high. I have listened to PJ off and on over the years, with great respect for the band. I'm older now and have started to make good on some promises to myself before I get too old to do them and seeing PJ live was on the top of the list. I missed seeing Ed solo at The Ryman, so I was Toronto bound. What I didn't expect was the emotional energy of the show. I cried because they were so incredibly good. It was a rollercoaster ride and one I'll never forget. Off He Goes, Black, Inside Job, Elderly Woman. Then I get to come home and buy Backspacer and The End is just so beautiful. I've become addicted and am discovering and rediscovering their huge catalog that spans the years (some of the songs most of you know are all new to me and it's great!). When I got back to work from the Toronto trIp and was asked how the band was and all I could say was "it was a religious experience" which brought big smiles to everyone in the room. Thank you Pearl Jam for all the beautiful music you have given us. I will always be grateful. And thank you members of 10C for keeping this all alive!
    Peace to all.
    makes much more sense, to live in the present tense
  • Options
    Given to fly and Parting Ways both do it to me for some reason.

Wishlist did to me once too - the mirrorball came down and it just made the moment magic.
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,851
    Yes - during Present Tense in London 2007 and Release in Adelaide this month.

Both beautiful songs.
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    nigelnigel Posts: 267
    Release the most amazing opening song to a truly amazing evening at the O2 back in August.

Cried like a baby...
  • Options
    BeeGirl86BeeGirl86 Pittsburgh Posts: 171
    I cried when my Live at Soldier Field 3 cd set was stolen out of my car : (
    I miss you alreddie.
  • Options
    StereotypeStereotype Maribor, Slovenia Posts: 885
    I sometimes wish I wouldn't cry so much. I guess it really pinpoints my emotions..such a wreck at times...also I think I'm prone to sadness but not in a depressing way at all. I think it all comes down to how you interpret a particular song. Some songs have very private meanings to me and remind me on a certain event or a person...it takes me back in time and I'm forced to cope with something all over again. Kind of like when you dream - you are faced with it and can't do much about it. I cried on all of the concerts I've been to - it's just a song or two or not even the whole song. I try to hold it back but I'm really bad at it. In best case scenario I only get teary eyes - like when you're overwhelmed or really moved. It's always a rollercoaster ride of many emotions thrown together.
    Songs that really got me going were: All or None, Footsteps (I know!), Light Years and I am mine.
    Songs I cried to but didn't hear them live: Release and Come back.
    The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

____

Zagreb 2006/ Munich 2007/ Venice 2007/ Berlin 2009 / Venice 2010 / 2 x Berlin 2012 / Stockholm 2012 / Milan 2014 / Trieste 2014 / Vienna 2014 / Florence (EV) 2019 / Padova 2018 / Prague 2018 / Imola 2022 / Budapest 2022 / Vienna 2022 / Prague 2022 

• Options
    Stereotype wrote:
    I sometimes wish I wouldn't cry so much. I guess it really pinpoints my emotions..such a wreck at times...also I think I'm prone to sadness but not in a depressing way at all. I think it all comes down to how you interpret a particular song. Some songs have very private meanings to me and remind me on a certain event or a person...it takes me back in time and I'm forced to cope with something all over again. Kind of like when you dream - you are faced with it and can't do much about it. I cried on all of the concerts I've been to - it's just a song or two or not even the whole song. I try to hold it back but I'm really bad at it. In best case scenario I only get teary eyes - like when you're overwhelmed or really moved. It's always a rollercoaster ride of many emotions thrown together.
    Songs that really got me going were: All or None, Footsteps (I know!), Light Years and I am mine.
    Songs I cried to but didn't hear them live: Release and Come back.