"Goodbye" today again...
    Concerts
    Berlin: 2000, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2x 2012
    Düsseldorf: 2007
    Amsterdam 1+2, Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm 2014

Pearl Jam exhibition in Rome 2013

Eddie rocks my life!!!
  • Options
    Comeback always hits me... also Light Years, MOTH... Rise is very special to me too.
    Red Rocks 6/19/95 * Rapid City 6/24/98 * EV Vegas 11/1/12 * EV Tulsa 11/19/12 * Wrigley Field 7/19/13 * Brooklyn 10/19/13 * Philly 10/21/13 * Philly 10/22/13 * Hartford 10/25/13 * OKC 11/16/13 * Tulsa 10/8/2014 * Lincoln 10/9/2014 * Moline 10/17/2014 * St Paul 10/19/2014 * Greenville 4/16/16 * Philly 4/28/16 * Philly 4/29/16 * MSG 5/1/16 * MSG 5/2/16 * Wrigley 8/20/16 * Seattle 8/8/18 * Seattle 8/10/18 * Wrigley 8/18/18 * Asbury Park 9/18/21
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    "Parting Ways"should be played more often.. just love it <3

:cry:
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    Oh yes. Many times. Different songs, and depending on my mood.

But I remember crying at least once when listening to

Black
    Hard to imagine
    All or none
    Nothingman
    Inside Job
    Gone
    Release
    Indifference

And I am sure there are a few others, but those are or have been tear jerkers to me.
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    lpeddlelpeddle Posts: 293
    I hadn't heard Man of the Hour in quite a long time, but then the other day I was listening to it on Benaroyal Hall while driving and it really got me going. What a beautiful song.
  • Options
    oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    Hedwich wrote:
    "Goodbye" today again...

oh Hedwich, I'm sorry. . ..

for me it is usually Come Back
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    HedwichHedwich Posts: 3,237
    Hedwich wrote:
    "Goodbye" today again...

oh Hedwich, I'm sorry. . ..

for me it is usually Come Back

Oh, no sorry necessary! It's my problem... :? :)

Come back kills me... can't hear it since 2010...Berlin show...Eddie cryed on stage in memories Roskilde... to hard!
    Concerts

Eddie rocks my life!!!
  • Options
    oh yeah..
  • Options
    rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    When my first son was born I would put him in the Baby Bjorn and dance him to sleep in the kitchen while listening to Benaroya Hall. He is now going to turn 6 and about a month ago I was holding him in the kitchen and dancing when BH was on. I started to remember when he was a baby and I just started crying. Everybody tells you how fast they grow up, they are right. :cry:
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options
    oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    When my first son was born I would put him in the Baby Bjorn and dance him to sleep in the kitchen while listening to Benaroya Hall. He is now going to turn 6 and about a month ago I was holding him in the kitchen and dancing when BH was on. I started to remember when he was a baby and I just started crying. Everybody tells you how fast they grow up, they are right. :cry:
    What a sweet story. It is true. Before you know it he'll be going to middle school and then high school and telling you to "F off". Dance with him as much as you can. It helps get you through the f off days. :)
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options

That's so sweet...and sad! I know exactly what you mean... Many mothers feel like you! I do...
    Concerts

Eddie rocks my life!!!
  • Options
    Hedwich wrote:

That's so sweet...and sad! I know exactly what you mean... Many mothers feel like you! I do...

Thanks, and fathers too. :lol:
  • Options
    What a sweet story. It is true. Before you know it he'll be going to middle school and then high school and telling you to "F off". Dance with him as much as you can. It helps get you through the f off days. :)

:lol: Its hard to dance with him now as he is tall, 4ft 4in. We still manage though. :D

I will probably do the same thing with my youngest boy when I hear Here Comes My Man by Gaslight Anthem in 4 years. He is obsessed with that song. As soon as I dance with him he puts his head on my shoulder and goes into a trance. :D
  • Options
    Hedwich wrote:

Thanks, and fathers too. :lol:

Yes, that's right! :lol::lol: It only seems, they are much cooler like mum's. They suffering only inside.
    Concerts

Eddie rocks my life!!!
  • Options
    OnesockOnesock Posts: 2
    The End, Light Years, Come Back, Present Tense, Release Me amd Crown of Thorns have done me in. The End is so sad butso beautiful
  • Options
    letimletim Posts: 60
    Black....
    Garden...
    Betterman..

I feel their songs and music more than anything I have ever felt. I am a numb person at times and they get to me. Ed, Mike, Jeff, Matt and Stone. This band is the only band that actually makes me feel. I lost my first love in 2005 he was a huge PJ fan. I think of him daily.
    (twitter) @presleyleti
    4/21/2003 Lexington
    7/19/2013 Wrigley
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh
    10/12/13 Buffalo
    12/6/13 Seattle
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life....
  • Options
    JossieJossie Posts: 505
    When I'm really down, then Black. But mostly PJ songs make me happy.
  • Options
    PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    Force of Nature brought me to tears the other day-I was so happy they did it at the Perth '09 show!! :D:D
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    Nevermind90Nevermind90 Posts: 722
    Black many many times..

Indifference - long dark road, snowing, lost, not sober at all... I knew at that time I would never meet a someone again.. didnt turn out that way luckily!
    ~ Enjoy The Struggle
  • Options
    Force of Nature brought me to tears the other day-I was so happy they did it at the Perth '09 show!! :D:D

Absolutely love that song. Hoping to hear it at Wrigley.
  • Options
    PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087

Absolutely love that song. Hoping to hear it at Wrigley.

So glad to hear that you love it too! :D I hope you hear it at Wrigley, and I hope I can somehow get there!! :lol:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    Michael ScarnMichael Scarn Northampton, UK Posts: 32
    Just Breathe. I fear hearing that live again because I just know memories are gonna come flooding back & I'll probably end up balling among 1000's of people.

Come Back and the organ version of Better Man are also particularly beautiful.
    Twitter
    [London, 02 Arena 18.8.2009]
    [London, Hyde Park 25.6.2010]
    [Manchester, MEN 21.6.2012]
    [Amsterdam, Ziggo Dome 16.6.2014]
    [Milton Keynes, MK Bowl 11.7.2014]
  • Options
    DawnierunsDawnieruns Poughkeepsie, NY Posts: 4
    Definitely...to this day when I hear "Jeremy" I hurt for that child, I think about bullies and children who suffer all the time with that daily pain. Jeremy spoke in class way too many times in the past couple of decades :( I have 3 kids and would die if they suffered like this. There are so many Pj songs that make me cry. "You Are" "All or None" "Inside Job" and Pj's version of "Crown of Thorns" are just a few.
    dawnieruns
  • Options
    Dawnieruns wrote:
    Definitely...to this day when I hear "Jeremy" I hurt for that child, I think about bullies and children who suffer all the time with that daily pain. Jeremy spoke in class way too many times in the past couple of decades :( I have 3 kids and would die if they suffered like this. There are so many Pj songs that make me cry. "You Are" "All or None" "Inside Job" and Pj's version of "Crown of Thorns" are just a few.

Yes...these collection of songs are very touching in many ways....
    Concerts

Eddie rocks my life!!!
  • Options
    Michael ScarnMichael Scarn Northampton, UK Posts: 32
    I remember my 2nd Pearl Jam show at Hyde Park, London a few years back, I took my ex even though they're not really her thing. Little moments though I can tell really resonated with her, the "we belong together" during Black and especially Just Breathe, she loved it. Now we're broken up (6 months ago after 3 yrs) I can't help but choke when listening to those two. And Sad. And Come Back.

But yeah, that's why I love this band. Some songs remind me & take me back, but it's such a powerful feeling that makes you feel truly alive (no pun, honestly!)
    Twitter
    [London, 02 Arena 18.8.2009]
    [London, Hyde Park 25.6.2010]
    [Manchester, MEN 21.6.2012]
    [Amsterdam, Ziggo Dome 16.6.2014]
    [Milton Keynes, MK Bowl 11.7.2014]
  • Options
    Today, PJ make me cry because of that special day today...
    I listen to Berlin 2010 and diving deep in the sadness.
    Concerts

Eddie rocks my life!!!
  • Options
    nic8cheesenic8cheese Posts: 16
    Is it weird that listening to most PJ songs makes me want to sign loud and when I do I get waves of emotion for no reason? :oops:

Is it also weird that I named my son JPJ so he is pj no matter what way ya lok at him? haha!! :o
    ;)
    Toronto 9/11..... stoked!

~All these precious moments...~

Oh how I wish for you today
  • Options
    gotsome10gotsome10 Posts: 139
    They get every time im feeling real down.. Some songs like Come Back get to me a little bit every single time i hear them. Pink pop version or mtg unplugged version of black get me literally 9 times out of 10. The thing that has kept me coming back to them is while they can break you down with a very deep and emotional song, the next song comes off of shuffle and lifts your spirits right back up. These guys are a way of life and i love it
    "I know I was born, and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine. I am MINE"
    "I wonder 'bout his insides, it's like his thoughts are too big for his size..."
    2013- Wrigley, Pittsburgh-(GA)
    2014- St. Louis, Memphis-(GA)
    2016- Tampa, Wrigley 1 & 2-(GA)