Options

Has PJ ever made you cry?

Comments

• Options
    The first time I saw Rearviewmirror in concert, and last week when the Steve Gleason-Pearl Jam special ran on ESPN. I think that's it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ8iwHT1hJM
    Speaking as a child of the 90's
  • Options
    GrandmaGrandma Posts: 259
    Several times listening to Lightning Bolt last night for the first time - my kids brought my Mom over for a visit with most of the family during the day - she's about to start hospice care and has alzheimer's but still recognizes everyone. Add a lot of wine and it was quite a setup for my first time with an album full of mortality.
  • Options
    LD_and happyLD_and happy Portland, OR Posts: 107
    mcgavinj wrote:
    Crown Of Thorns when first played in Vegas 2000. Most recently...Just Breathe...

Yeah - I was there in Vegas for that in 2000 - still gives me the chills and a tear-up when I hear it
  • Options
    LD_and happyLD_and happy Portland, OR Posts: 107
    yes - release - after my father died

My father past just a couple weeks before PJ20 - when they opened with Release, I just lost it. The new friend next to me started crying too, it was a moment for sure...
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    something happens lately with wash..i dont know why..or do i?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    At Philly 1 my wife cried during Man of the Hour; I cried right after during Off He Goes (gets me every time).
    My favorite PJ show is and always will be...
    my next one.

Camden, NJ 2006
    Camden, NJ 2008
    NY, NY 2008
    EV 2008
    EV 2011
    Brooklyn,NY 2013
    Philly, PA, 2013
  • Options
    actonplpactonplp Maine Posts: 173
    edited October 2013
    Yes, the first time I heard Better Man... that song WAS my life at that time.

Oct. 15, 2013 Worcester, MA
    Post edited by actonplp on
    Aug. 05, 2016 - Fenway Park, Boston
    Oct. 15, 2013 - Worcester, Massachusetts
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,736
    You know that line in Thumbing My Way when Ed sings "I wish that I could hold you... I wish that I had" ? That always causes a flood of regret for every time I missed an opportunity to tell the people I love how much they mean to me and has definitely caused me to shed a tear on many occasions - especially when you factor in how short life is and how finite those opportunities are...
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    mylomylo Posts: 35
    My wife came home from the gym this past Sunday morning and noticed that my eyes were all red. I had a PJ boot cranked and was dancing around the house like a fool power cleaning. I got really chocked up during I am mine a little while before she got home. It happens all the time to me to many different songs, just depends on my mood, setting, my day etc. I'm a very emotional guy to begin with so it doesn't take much, but PJ just moves me in a way that no band ever has.
  • Options
    Nais at 6 am today
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    When they played "Long Road" at Philly I a few nights ago I was surprised how hard I was taken over w/ emotion! That song hasn't made me cry since I first heard it like 20 years ago! I couldn't help it, was ready to sob, tears were streaming. It was beautifully moving.
    if nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • Options
    Today I was listening to Once off the Ten album, and it brought tears to my eyes.
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    wash
  • Options
    RatherBeRatherBe Posts: 270
    "Amongst the Waves" has made me tear up a little at times.
    It's a disease and they're all green, it emanates from their being...
  • Options
    "Chloe/Crown of Thorns" in Hartford on Friday night-so beautiful and touching!
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    lpeddlelpeddle Posts: 293
    :wave: :wave:
    Hi PJForceofNature!!! Hope you enjoyed Hartford. It was so nice meeting you in Philly!

I cried like a baby during Come Back at Philly 2. Then they played Future Days...I couldn't stop!!
  • Options
    Hey lpeddle-it was great meeting you too!! :D:D

I LOVED Hartford!! But I also loved Brooklyn 2, and the two Philly shows! However, I have to say, I have never cried so much at a PJ concert as I did during "Chloe/Crown" in Hartford. It was so touching-really affected me deeply.
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    i think i know when gonna be the next one
  • Options
    Just got tears in my eyes watching "Long Road" from Friday's Hartford show. So beautiful and emotional. And you could really tell that Ed knew what the night would bring in terms of intensity. What a show!!!! :D:D:D:D
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    Haven't openly cried yet but I have definitely welled up while listening to Sirens a couple of times.
    "Not only do you have sunshine but you have better thunder...fuckers." -Ed, Phx 10/21/00
    PJ * 10/21/00 - Phx * 6/7/03 - Phx * 6/29/06 - Milwaukee * 6/30/06 - Milwaukee * 11/19/13 - Phx *
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • Options
    Haven't openly cried yet but I have definitely welled up while listening to Sirens a couple of times.

I welled up listening to Sirens on vinyl this morning-such a beautiful song! :clap::clap:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    nothinasitseemsnothinasitseems New Jersey Posts: 1,507
    10/16 in Worcester. My first Pearl Jam show. 3rd song of the setlist, "Given To Fly." I cried because it's my favorite song and brings me so much joy, and I couldn't believe I was seeing this band in front of me. And I may have cried on the long 3 hour drive home, because I couldn't believe it happened...

Not to mention the other few times I shed some tears the following 3 shows I went to, "Release" and "Chloe/Crown" in BK, "Sirens" multiple times...damn this band. :lol:
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • Options
    Acesn8sAcesn8s Posts: 186
    Yes. Yellow Ledbetter. That song touches my soul and brings tears to my eyes.
    Indio, CA 11-05-93
    Universal City, CA 09-30-09
    Los Angeles, CA 11-23-13
    Los Angeles, CA 11-24-13
  • Options
    Wow , the answer is yes , and actually just recently in fact . I have had several tears in the past for different songs and the way in which the words and sound interpreted the meaning for me and then , when I got the new album it happened again . I was in my car with a couple of people listening to the Lighting Bolt album and I heard Sirens and the high note I stare at your face , and I felt myself well up . I covered it by saying "Eddie sure is showing off on this one", not really meaning that but I knew I was looking sappy . Then came Pendulum and the tears rolled , I mean damn , they can still deliver such emotion and truth , I am truly amazed and grateful . I cant say that other rock bands have ever made me do the same , sure there are some tear jerkers by other artists , but , rock , only Pearl Jam gets my tears .
  • Options
    Yes!! Lately....Future Days. Always....Present Tense. So beautiful.
  • Options
    RatherBeRatherBe Posts: 270
    "Future Days" really is a gem.
    It's a disease and they're all green, it emanates from their being...
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHJTZ9YF ... e=youtu.be
  • Options
    Yes! Both with their music and when I've missed out on tix to a sold out show. :cry:
  • Options
    listening i got shit from dam 2
  • Options
    Future Days, really choked me up.
    My wife & I live apart but we always talk about our "future days" being together
    plus, she always calls me her angel... whoow, when I first heard this song & read the lyrics.. I was to tears..
    the band really wrote this song with a very personal touch to it

#whyIlovepearljam (sorry for the hash tag) but it is true

I turned my wife on to this song.. what a powerful message

thanks for the great music

Mac
    '93-Indio, CA / '00-Vegas / '14-Denver
    A computer once beat me at chess, it was no match at kick boxing