Options

Has PJ ever made you cry?

Comments

• Options
    slobberdog68slobberdog68 In Hiding Posts: 683
    AzWicker wrote:
    I was sitting in the 3rd row of Eddie's concert in Phoenix balling like a little baby. I am a fucking baby I know. People were giving me weird looks all around. However, I was being really emotional because I had taken my wife to see Ed for our birthdays (October) but I could not afford him when the pre sale happened or when the tickets first went on sale. We were stuck with the choice of either the last row in the balcony or section 1 obstructed view seats. I thought there was no way that the seats would be that obstructed because Ed was a solo artist and he would be more up front and centered then a band.

Got to our seats and found out obstructed is obstructed. I had a perfect view of a 6 foot PA speaker in all black. I was able to see Ed's knee and my wife could see his guitar neck when he was playing the guitar. Really, who designed this building? Mr Brady? George Costanza?

We were happy to be in for the show but resigned to the fact I was 'not' going to 'see' Ed, we kicked back and enjoyed the music!

After a quarter of the way though the setlist, I got a tap on the shoulder.

It was a live nation guy, who asked me if it was just us two (the wife and I). I nodded yes and he instructed me to come with him. I nudged my wife and told her to grab our things. She was visibly upset, "We were NOT taking pictures, it was the couple in front who had to be told to stop, Not us". I looked at her again and said just grab your stuff and hurry... I had an idea, but not to what extent of what was about to happen.

Jim, from Live Nation, took us into the tunnel down by the floor to wait until the song had finished. He then motioned for us to follow him, and follow him, and follow him, all the way down to the Orchestra pit. 3rd row, front and center. I could reach out and touch the stage.

It took the remainder of betterman to collect myself and was still emotional for the rest of the evening. I don't care though, it was a killer in the moment feeling that I will never forget.

Happy Birthday Wicker's wife!

Awesome!!!!!! What a night you and your wife must have had :)
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need

• Options
    singing Nothingman as loud as I could as it came on PJ radio (a concert from last year)... a few minutes ago... Eddie's passion destroys me!
    She holds the hand that holds her down...
    She will... rise above...
  • Options
    HedwichHedwich Posts: 3,237
    Lukin - slow version...NY 10

I'm always crying when i listen this song...
    goosebumps and tears of gratefulness
    Concerts
    Berlin: 2000, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2x 2012
    Düsseldorf: 2007
    Amsterdam 1+2, Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm 2014

Pearl Jam exhibition in Rome 2013

Eddie rocks my life!!!
  • Options
    nupur1586nupur1586 Ewing, NJ Posts: 88
    eddie's rendition of the Mother Love Bone song, Chloe Dancer /Crown of thorns .. i cry every time I listen to the song, the whole atmosphere seems so emotionally charged .. RIP Andrew Wood!, you were an amazing artist & long live Pearl Jam, Andy lives through you!

Release Me, who won't cry when they listen to it?

Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll wait up in the dark
    For you to speak to me
    I'll open up
    Release me

Come back's another song which is so good at the same time, so sad!

The real possibility that I may meet you in my dreams
    I go to sleep
    If i dont fall apart, Will my memory stay clear
    So you had to go, And I had to remain here
    Can I be here all alone? Clear a path to my home
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    HedwichHedwich Posts: 3,237
    Concerts
    Berlin: 2000, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2x 2012
    Düsseldorf: 2007
    Amsterdam 1+2, Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm 2014

Pearl Jam exhibition in Rome 2013

Eddie rocks my life!!!
  • Options
    maya_vmaya_v Sofia, Bulgaria Posts: 59
    In personal moments songs like Black (in Amsterdam 1 got very emotional, was a dream came true), Release & Crown Of Thorns (Amserdam II) and other like Inside Job, Indifference, Garden, Long Road.
    Amsterdam 26/06/2012, Amsterdam 27/06/2012, Milan 20/06/2014, Padova 24/06/2018, Berlin 21/06/2022
  • Options
    calvo17calvo17 Posts: 440
    In 2011 I was finally able to see PJ live for the first time ever when they came down to Costa Rica. Something I had longed for since 1997. Not many bands used to come here back then, so for us it was just a dream that they would ever play here someday. The day of the show I knew for sure that I was going to break down in tears at some point, I just did not know when it would be. I thought Release, Black, Indifference would do it. A few songs into the show and they threw in Elderly Woman; I started singing it, or screaming I would say, with all I had, and suddenly I just felt tears coming down. That’s a song that I’ve always liked, but never thought that would be the one that would bring me to tears. But it just happened, and I think that’s the beauty of music, that it brings you sudden emotions and then you have a memory of that moment that will stay with you for the rest of your life. While singing the song at the show I remembered thinking about how many times I had heard and sung that song and all the times I wished I could see them live. I just couldn’t believe it was actually happening.
    If I knew where it was, I would take you there.
    11/20/11 San Jose, Costa Rica
    10/18/13 Brooklyn 1
    10/19/13 Brooklyn 2
    10/21/13 Philly 1
    10/22/13 Philly 2 (BREATH!!)
    10/25/13 Hartford
    10/22/14 Denver (BREATH!!!)
  • Options
    donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    calvo17 wrote:
    In 2011 I was finally able to see PJ live for the first time ever when they came down to Costa Rica. Something I had longed for since 1997. Not many bands used to come here back then, so for us it was just a dream that they would ever play here someday. The day of the show I knew for sure that I was going to break down in tears at some point, I just did not know when it would be. I thought Release, Black, Indifference would do it. A few songs into the show and they threw in Elderly Woman; I started singing it, or screaming I would say, with all I had, and suddenly I just felt tears coming down. That’s a song that I’ve always liked, but never thought that would be the one that would bring me to tears. But it just happened, and I think that’s the beauty of music, that it brings you sudden emotions and then you have a memory of that moment that will stay with you for the rest of your life. While singing the song at the show I remembered thinking about how many times I had heard and sung that song and all the times I wished I could see them live. I just couldn’t believe it was actually happening.

Sweet!
  • Options
    yes - release - after my father died

Release makes me cry too... It makes me think about my dad too, he is still with us but the lyric "oh dear dad, can you see me now, I am myself, like you some how" gets me every time. When i was at their concert and this song was performed as soon as these lyrics came, I balled like a baby..

I am sorry to hear about your loss
  • Options
    ratmandoratmando Moss Beach, CA Posts: 344
    nupur1586 wrote:
    eddie's rendition of the Mother Love Bone song, Chloe Dancer /Crown of thorns .. i cry every time I listen to the song, the whole atmosphere seems so emotionally charged .. RIP Andrew Wood!

I miss a few people who were around when Andy was... and I was so grateful to have time to chat with Andy back then... he was talking about costumes and I had a Queen T shirt on, so it caught his eye..and we talked make up. I think I even gave him a purple eyeliner, if I'm not misremembering. Go figure. I miss Mia Zapata... she was partly why I went to Seattle in the first place-- she said women singers were taken a bit more seriously there, and I had a band that had opened for L7 in LA when she saw us.. so I got to see her right before she was killed. It still hurts. Both of their losses to what could have's dones. I appreciate all that Matt, Stone, Chris, Jeff and Lance- (I still have his photos from when he sold them at clubs!) have gone through, and I really appreciate Eddie and his relationship with Ramone... I held someone's hand as they died, and the song that was playing was Light years.. it killed me inside to know that anyone could feel that and to have it in song.. that just made it more precious. Hearing Arc live for the first time during this last tour of Uke... my bones still shake hearing it in my mind. I can't even vocalize what it must have been like for the band to go through rocskilde, or what it was like for the who when similar thing happened in Ohio decades before. (we have a song called General Admission, and it was about something based on this event.) I am a few months older than Eddie, and I lived very parallel lives with him- weirdly so... parentally, creatively, and I always feel like a lost friend is catching up when I hear his lyrics and stone's guitar... it just makes me feel human to hear them and like you, missing Andy started the love of this band. Just so much to shed tears for, happy or sad.
    When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.

Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    thats why im not listen them lately...
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    tkbelle1980tkbelle1980 Posts: 43
    edited January 2013
    donnaruhl wrote:
    calvo17 wrote:

Sweet!

Elderly woman gets me every time. Makes me think of a lost love... Love I had and how I would feel if I saw him again... Lol perhaps not what the song is about, but it makes me think of him every time.. Not to say I want him back... Lol cuz I don't, but it just makes me think..
    Post edited by tkbelle1980 on
  • Options
    donnaruhl wrote:
    calvo17 wrote:
  • Options
    a few days after new years 2011 we got a call that my grandfather who was only 56, had committed suicide. pearl jam were his favorite band. he's kind of the reason why they've always been my favorite. on the day of his funeral, my mom chose to play "just breathe" during the photo slideshow. i couldn't listen to that song for almost a year. i'd always skip it.
    11/6/12 EV solo (got to meet him!!)
    7/19/13 Wrigley
    11/19/13 Phx
  • Options
    today...Mr Mike McCready made me cry
  • Options
    StinkfootStinkfoot Posts: 546
    Listening to Long Road (Toronto 11) last night.

It was one of those "when thoughts collide whilst listening to a song" kind of moments and that particular version is incredibly powerful.

It got me.
    "I get into a state of consciousness that I can't explain. It is about feeling and not thinking. I get positive chills and insight into things that I can't get to any other way. It is Healing of the Soul." - Mike McCready
  • Options
    StinkfootStinkfoot Posts: 546

Was that when you got "The Parcel" you lucky lucky man.
    "I get into a state of consciousness that I can't explain. It is about feeling and not thinking. I get positive chills and insight into things that I can't get to any other way. It is Healing of the Soul." - Mike McCready
  • Options
    Stinkfoot wrote:

Was that when you got "The Parcel" you lucky lucky man.
    yes....i cant describe you the feeling
  • Options
    nicolaginicolagi England Posts: 13
    Many times.
    Last year opening song Release in Manchester.
    Sometimes just about the moment. Astoria gig 2006 when my musician brother-in-law died a few days before and when Better Man was played the tears just poured....
    Asides from that, probably every time they play for one reason or another.
    Nicola (England)
  • Options
    toridaniothtoridanioth West Seattle Posts: 130
    Long Road. It was Eddie Vedder at the Wiltern. I got miracled in.
    That song helps me deal with death of my mother.
    They are always tears of joy-
    Lolla Alpine Valley 8/29/92 ,Key Arena 11/5/00 , Key Arena 11/6/00, NOLAJazzfest 5/1/10, Wrigley 7/19(20)/13, SD 11/21/13, LA 11/23/13, LA 11/24/13, Bridge School 2014, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16, Seattle 2018 both nights!
    EV Long Beach 7/6/11 , LA Wiltern (miracled in) 7/8/11
  • Options
    Many of times. The songs pull raw emotion from me. Any mood I'm in if I can't find words PJ has a song to help me.
  • Options
    hmmm..
  • Options
    LD213358LD213358 Posts: 1
    More than once!
    The instrumental balance,
    the warm voice of Eddie
    and the sensitivity with which he brings the lyrics.
    PJ touches me deep inside.
    Their music has helped me a difficult period in my life to bear.
    tumblr_mgg1z8t4nV1rkgvbto1_500.jpg
  • Options
    yes,an hour ago
  • Options
    Right now-listening to Eddie sing "Comfortably Numb"-what a performance!!! :clap::clap::clap:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    lpeddlelpeddle Posts: 293
    Release and Come Back always get me. Makes me think of my dad who passed away.

I just played a few songs for my mom yesterday and The End had her balling her eyes out!
  • Options
    Today I was listening to Black from Bridge '94, and the beauty of it brought me to tears. What a tremendously moving song! :clap::clap:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    afkell14afkell14 Posts: 2
    Love Reign O'er Me at Bonnaroo 2008.

It made my day when I saw I could get it in PJ's bootlegs.