Options

There's so much vinyl!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    lukin420 wrote:
    just picked up
    RADIOHEAD-ROCKS GERMANY 2001

have no idea how legit it is brand new with a copytight sayin it was released in 2009

all i know is it sounds awesome

Totally a bootleg, but I've got it and you're right, it does sound great. I love the sound of live records.
  • Options
    MK186319MK186319 Posts: 186
    Just pre-ordered Jimi Hendrix, Valleys of Neptune 180 gram Ltd to 5000 and the 7" as well, Looks like maybe it will be a white vinyl from what i seen on Hendrix site? we'll see!!!!!!!!!! :D
  • Options
    joely_91joely_91 Posts: 795
    MK186319 wrote:
    Just pre-ordered Jimi Hendrix, Valleys of Neptune 180 gram Ltd to 5000 and the 7" as well, Looks like maybe it will be a white vinyl from what i seen on Hendrix site? we'll see!!!!!!!!!! :D

I did the same the other day, went on a bit of a hendrix spree and pre-ordered all the albums coming out and picked up a few others...the ones that are limited to 5000, would they include the ones sold on amazon or just through the hendrix site?
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,091
    MK186319 wrote:

which site you order from?
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    MK186319 wrote:

I made the same order from Amazon. Cant go wrong with the LP for $18.99 and the 45 for $6+... I hope it arrives in good shape, but Amazon seems to be getting their act together!!! 8-)
  • Options
    joely_91joely_91 Posts: 795
    adspj wrote:
    MK186319 wrote:

I made the same order from Amazon. Cant go wrong with the LP for $18.99 and the 45 for $6+... I hope it arrives in good shape, but Amazon seems to be getting their act together!!! 8-)

yeah i can relate to that, ordered nirvana mtv unplugged and a sleater kinney one recently and they both turned up in australia a month before they were expected to according to their site....the box was totally ruined though and had been opened and terribly resealed by local post services....vinyls were in great shape though thankfully :)...cant wait to get the shipment of hendrix albums!
  • Options
    Kiss Sonic Boom 180 gram on colored vinyl, LTD 1000 copies each, i got the red, maybe i should get the purple 2, maybe the black???????????????? kissonline.com
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,235
    I've just taken delivery of a load more vinyl:

Real Estate - Real Estate
    Real Estate - Reality
    Fools Gold - Fools Gold
    Mazzy Star - She Hangs Brightly
    Gil Scott-Heron - Pieces of a Man
    Gil Scott-Heron - Smalltalk at 125th & Lennox

Currently enjoying the double LP Leonard Cohen - Live at the Isle Of Wight. Great stuff.

More due next week too...

Gil Scott-Heron - I'm New Here
    Voice Of The Seven Thunders - Voice Of The Seven Thunders

Am blessed with a great local retailer (Rooster Records who trade online as www.vinylera.co.uk) and a great online service from Piccadilly Records of Manchester.
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    ElzarElzar Posts: 966
    autographed and doodled on ebay for charity! not mine, but these are good people, and of course Liam's record is awesome - so anyone willing, help em' out!

LIAM FINN "I'LL BE LIGHTNING" LP
    100% of the final sale price will support Montessori School of Ojai (Small deduction may apply. Learn more)

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTOGRAPHED-SIGNED- ... 335a1f3801

(BTW - not 100% sure, but this looks like the more limited Transgressive release that includes extra stuff, the blue swirl is a bit darker than the original)
  • Options
    fanofzsfanofzs NYC Posts: 507
    adspj wrote:
    MK186319 wrote:

Me too. I ordered from Easy Street. Can't wait.
  • Options
    gfrasergfraser Posts: 686
    first ive ever heard of aloha but just ordered their new record based off the sample at omgvinyl. dark red 180g vinyl :twisted:

the second one down on this link http://www.omgvinyl.com/2010/02/17/five ... ha-record/

artwork by daniel danger to boot!
    This post is © by gfraser
  • Options
    Hi there,

i'm from italy and i'm trying to buy all pj records in vinyl.... it's impossible, man!!! if you go on ebay Yield, Riot, Lost Dogs, Binaural and avocado are very very VERY expensive and super rare...

Do you think the guys one day will re-issue these records like they do with Ten?

Dario
  • Options
    the latest MEAT PUPPETS lp "SEWN TOGETHER" is on splatter coulored vinyl (all copies).

check out www.waterunderthebridgerecords.com for a cool record by the reactionaries (pre-MINUTEMEN band) the first 500 copies are on limited edition VINCENT THOMAS BRIDGE GREEN VINYL! they only have about 100 copies left ($15 includes shipping-cheap). 8-)

the (free!!!) record release show for the reactionaries lp is tomorrow in san pedro,ca. with MIKE WATT headlining! i'm driving out from arizona for this!!!! see above website for more info. WE JAM ECONO!
    "DON'T HATE THE PLAYER, HATE THE GAME"
  • Options
    TT8270TT8270 Posts: 429
    TT8270 wrote:
    TT8270 wrote:
    Jane's Addiction: Ritual De Lo Habitual :)
    Pearl Jam: Fixer 7" white pressing :P
    Stone Temple Pilots: Purple (deep purple vinyl) & Vasoline 12" blue pressing :D
    Nirvana - Bleach 2LP limited white pressing 8-)
    + renewing my 10C membership just to get the annual 7" (have them all)

And then some:

Alice Cooper: Killer
    Pink Floyd: DSOTM 30th anniversary
    Kate Bush: Aerial
    Mars Volta: De-loused In Comatorium silver 2LP
    Soundgarden: Down On The Upside 2LP clear vinyl
    Tom Waits: Blood Money
    Prince: Purple Rain

Keep 'em coming... :D And at the same time getting rid of my cds...

Most recent:

Pearl Jam: Vitalogy MINT for under $45 (finally!!)
    Mike Oldfield: Tubular Bells
    134xxx
    Soundgarden - 1996-10-15
    Pearl Jam - 2000-06-30
    Fugazi - 2000-10-10
    The Mars Volta - 2003-03-24
  • Options
    Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    edited March 2010
    Just picked up all the new Jimi Hendrix reissues. I havent given them a listen yet, but they sure do look nice :D
    Post edited by Alpine Bound on
  • Options
    Pre-Orderd Alice in Chains Jar of Flies/Sap double 180 gram colored (green/orange) vinyl ltd. 2000 copies, anyone else gonna get this?
  • Options
    MK186319 wrote:
    Pre-Orderd Alice in Chains Jar of Flies/Sap double 180 gram colored (green/orange) vinyl ltd. 2000 copies, anyone else gonna get this?

Is this the import version? where did you order from?
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,734
    adspj wrote:
    MK186319 wrote:

http://www.amazon.com/Jars-Files-Sap-18 ... B003C1AL7G

I placed the order on Amazon.com not Amazon.ca. I get stuff from the USA site much faster then from the Canadian site for some reason here. Plus the CDN dollar is close to the USA dollar. Not sure why the Canadian site is selling it for 53 bucks! :?
  • Options
    shockhound.com...I 've been buying vinyl at Hot Topic in the local malls..white Nirvana 180gram Bleach..with bonus mp3 download and live from portland on second vinyl..26.99
  • Options
    shockhound.com...I 've been buying vinyl at Hot Topic in the local malls..white Nirvana 180gram Bleach..with bonus mp3 download and live from portland on second vinyl..26.99

the Hot Topic near me doesnt have vinyl in store :(
  • Options
    Jar Of Flies / Sap (180 grams audiophile vinyl) free shipping. Limited edition of 2000 copies on coloured vinyl•Gatefold sleeve•3 sides music, 1 side etched with the band’s logo

http://www.cdwow.com/home/alice-in-chai ... 97#bc=00db
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    ElzarElzar Posts: 966
    demetrios wrote:
    adspj wrote:
    MK186319 wrote:

I placed the order on Amazon.com not Amazon.ca. I get stuff from the USA site much faster then from the Canadian site for some reason here. Plus the CDN dollar is close to the USA dollar. Not sure why the Canadian site is selling it for 53 bucks! :?

"this product has been discontinued by the manufacturer"

all gone and sold out already? guess i was too slow........

everyone dont forget ! RECORD STORE DAY in 10 days!
    recordstoreday.com
  • Options
    Elzar wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

"this product has been discontinued by the manufacturer"

all gone and sold out already? guess i was too slow........

everyone dont forget ! RECORD STORE DAY in 10 days!
    recordstoreday.com

I just got an email from amazon.com this afternoon that the item is discontinued, but I can still have the order still in process if anything comes in. I'm confused. :?
  • Options
    OkOk Posts: 2,144
    So what did everybody pick up on RSD today? My favs are:

1. Them Crooked Vultures 10" Picture Disc - tcv2.jpg

2. Queens of the Stone Age Picture Disc
    qotsa2.jpg

3. Flaming Lips (and others) do Pink Flyod's The Dark Side of the Moon
    BrIhmgQBWkKGrHqYH-EYEvF0d8YBLybstr9.jpgBrIhjHQmkKGrHqEH-DEEvMuTQTBLybscIzN.jpg
    BrIhfQB2kKGrHqMH-D8Eu0v5itBLybsJfOs.jpg

Keeps getting better each year! Come on PJ how bout it?? Oh and I picked up the Soundgarden single as well.
  • Options
    TT8270TT8270 Posts: 429
    TT8270 wrote:
    TT8270 wrote:
    TT8270 wrote:
    Jane's Addiction: Ritual De Lo Habitual :)
    Pearl Jam: Fixer 7" white pressing :P
    Stone Temple Pilots: Purple (deep purple vinyl) & Vasoline 12" blue pressing :D
    Nirvana - Bleach 2LP limited white pressing 8-)
    + renewing my 10C membership just to get the annual 7" (have them all)

And then some:

Alice Cooper: Killer
    Pink Floyd: DSOTM 30th anniversary
    Kate Bush: Aerial
    Mars Volta: De-loused In Comatorium silver 2LP
    Soundgarden: Down On The Upside 2LP clear vinyl
    Tom Waits: Blood Money
    Prince: Purple Rain

Keep 'em coming... :D And at the same time getting rid of my cds...

Most recent:

Pearl Jam: Vitalogy MINT for under $45 (finally!!)
    Mike Oldfield: Tubular Bells

let's see:

Mad Season: Above MINT/SEALED
    Alice In Chains: Jar Of Flies/SAP 2LP MOV re-release 2010
    Pink Floyd: Wish You Were Here QUAD UK NM 1976
    Metallica: Master Of Puppets 2LP half-speed mastered
    Midlake: Courage Of Others
    Nirvana: Nevermind (blue 180g)
    134xxx
    Soundgarden - 1996-10-15
    Pearl Jam - 2000-06-30
    Fugazi - 2000-10-10
    The Mars Volta - 2003-03-24
  • Options
    Alice In Chains Jar of Flies........ORIGINAL, not the reissue
    TOOL undertow grey vinyl promo
    BEASTIES Record Store Day 12"

Pearl Jam SOLDIER FIELD on Vinyl, FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options
    Ok wrote:
    3. Flaming Lips (and others) do Pink Flyod's The Dark Side of the Moon
    BrIhmgQBWkKGrHqYH-EYEvF0d8YBLybstr9.jpgBrIhjHQmkKGrHqEH-DEEvMuTQTBLybscIzN.jpg
    BrIhfQB2kKGrHqMH-D8Eu0v5itBLybsJfOs.jpg

Tempted to hear this online, but will wait till I get the vinyl/cd in!
    That baby kicks ass on bass!
  • Options
    RSD got Soundgarden single; Jimi Hendrix 12"; The Doors; Dave Matthews, Picked up AIC Sap double lp 2010 180gram colored, and also got Automatic Fire (previously Silvertide/Walt Lafty) from the bands website, volume one and two ep autographed.
  • Options
    superfuzz30superfuzz30 Posts: 368
    So my wife got me the limited Oasis box that has all their albums on vinyl...I already had Dig Out Your Soul and Whats the Story Morning Glory...anyone interested in those 2? Trade or buying? Thought i'd ask before I take em to ebay.
  • Options
    Sean1987Sean1987 Posts: 24
    tremors wrote:
    Have been reunited with my vinyl. Am a bit too dizzy to take any pics I'm afraid.

I'm surprised at how good nick most of my records actually are - much better than I remember. I'm a bit bewildered by how what I thought I had, and what I thought was rare at the time often seems completely the other way round. If I ever owned Binaural on vinyl, it's nowhere to be seen now, whereas my riot act is probably one of the best kept records I have. I don't think I've ever actually played it (broken turntable!). Pretty sure I bought it in Sonic Boom records in Seattle now that I see it. I'm a little bit nervous about putting it on, since it is an album which has a tremendous effect on me. Better wait til the morning!

For anyone who cares, notable finds are 'In through the out door' practically mint, complete with paper sleeve (safe in a plastic cover). 5(!) copies of Darkness on the edge of Town, from various years with various inserts! - I know I trashed the first one I owned through over-use, so I guess I must have kept replacing it when I saw a nicer version. If anybody is desperate for a free vinyl copy of this album give me a shout.... Loads of decent original Who, Stones Beatles, Zeppelin and Floyd stuff & collectibles, again much better condition than I thought. Loads of Brit Indie stuff.

A lot of nice picture discs from various artists - this is one of my favourites (square pic disc):

The-Fink-Brothers-Mutants-In-Mega-C-58186.jpg
    58186b.jpg

On the PJ and 'related' front I see I have all the studio albums before Binaural (2x Vs original cover, 2 x Ten), quite a few of the coloured vinyl singles (NAIS eggshell blue-number '120'), Light Years yellow, Daughter red etc, 12 inch Temple of the Dog single with poster (very shiny all over!), Merkinball UK 7", Mike Watt 'Ball Hog or Tugboat' on clear blue vinyl, various Xmas singles, one promo 45 with 'Alive', 'Angel', 'Fuck' on it, UK spin the black circle & not for you in 'epic' sleeves, both referencing forthcoming album 'life'; the spin the black / tremor christ is completely shredded through over-use and looks like it has been underwater! Still has the sticker saying 'forthcoming album Vitalogy in store december 1st' on it. Unfortunately not many PJ spares, most of the doubles are one shredded copy and one decent replacement. There may be other non-pj stuff that I don't want to keep so I'll let you know when I go through it properly.

Is a little bit overwhelming, and yet all I keep thinking is 'I'm sure I had this one or that one too!'

Anyway, might even get round to playing some of it soon. Am mainly pleased to have retrieved the pristine copy of Physical Graffiti which I made a point of buying a week before my turntable broke down as a replacement for my old one.

If anyone wants me to post any pics I will, if not I'll just carry on trying to get my head round all the music and keep quiet!

I believe I have the same promo 7" with Alive (1993 UK tv performance), Angel, Fuck. The sleeve is a back and white photo of eddie lying on his back on stage. The reverse side has an under shot while they are huddled up. The only colour is in the text and it is orange. Is this the same? Can you tell me about it? I can't find any information on it. I came across it in a small record shop last year for $7. Any info you have is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-S