Options

There's so much vinyl!!!!!!!!!!

MK186319MK186319 Posts: 186
edited October 2011 in The Porch
Vinyl is coming Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there is so much to buy and so little money, I pre-ordered all Nirvana re-issue's 180 gram colored, Nirvana live at Reading vinyl, DMB, AIC, Dead Weather, and of course PJ Backspacer, i just might order the Foo-Fighters Greatest Hits? What has everyone else been buying? or what are your new editions? Post your picks of rare colored vinyl, or any cool vinyl as well.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,848
    Sunny Day Real Estate - LP2 & Diary

SDRE4.jpg

SDRE2.jpg

Latest one I bought was Where The Wild Things Are from Insound. I got all the Nirvana pressed vinyl when I was in Greece back in '95. Milk white MTV Unplugged LP is one of my favorite ones.
  • Options
    igotpjigotpj Posts: 187
    I love vinyl, but have to room for it. I get Pearl Jam and that is about it. I wish I could get more, but the space in my house is limited.
    Charlotte(10-4-96)
    Raleigh(8-31-98)
    Greensboro(8-6-00)
    Raleigh(4-15-03), Las Vegas(6-6-03)
    Boston(9-28-04),Toledo(10-2-04),Asheville(10-6-04)
    Pittsburgh(6-24-06)
    Columbia (6-16-08)
    Austin (10-4-09), Philadelphia (10-28-09, 10-30-09, 10-31-09)
  • Options
    Nice Pics, i pre-ordered the MTV unplugged Nirvana 2009 colored, 180 gram i hope it is white, wish i had a 95' version, nice red vinyl?
  • Options
    Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    edited October 2009
    MK186319 wrote:
    Nice Pics, i pre-ordered the MTV unplugged Nirvana 2009 colored, 180 gram i hope it is white, wish i had a 95' version, nice red vinyl?

MTV unplugged Nirvana 2009 - its the "back to black" one .. is that colored ?? x2 sealed
    Nirvana -Nevermind - sealed
    STP - Purple - x 2 one sealed. one opened
    Metallica - Ride The Lighting - sealed
    Alice In Chains - JAR OF FLIES & SAP Open mint
    Dr. Dre - 2001 sealed
    Hank Jr. - sealed
    No Code - open mint .. didnt want to open mine yet !!

and that was just this week !!!

**"i am dieing for one of these if anyone has an extra let me know " ( Tool - Aenima - Limited edition colored vinyl )**

I really do think i need help .. well thats what my wife thinks ..lol :lol::lol::lol:
    Post edited by Jokertt14 on
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,091
    where did you guys order the Nirvana from?
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    ElzarElzar Posts: 966
    jokertt14 wrote:
    MK186319 wrote:
    yep picked up two of these

The MTV unplugged B2B version is black - higher quality vinyl than the others - though I think some of the other older versions sound better. If you are able to get one - the In Utero Steve Albini mix is one of my favorite (and one of most rare) records

The Tool Aenima - can be found at AuralExploits, but you gotta be quick when they restock it (which is random) because it will sell out in few secs - keep in mind the one they sell is probably a bootleg - around $35 - if you have the chips, go for the orig press!
  • Options
    ElzarElzar Posts: 966
    KDH12 wrote:

i believe Music Direct is having pre-orders - these are for the 2009 re-issues of reissued re-released reissues :D

If anyone is interested in taking some of my vinyl collection off my hands - ive got lots of older Nirvana stuff, and a ton of other stuff i know some of you want, I'll get a list together for anyone interested - PM if you wants some wax
  • Options
    jokertt14 wrote:
    MK186319 wrote:

MTV unplugged Nirvana 2009 - its the "back to black" one .. is that colored ?? x2 sealed
    Dr. Dre - 2001 sealed
    Hank Jr. - sealed

**"i am dieing for one of these if anyone has an extra let me know " ( Tool - Aenima - Limited edition colored vinyl )**

I really do think i need help .. well thats what my wife thinks ..lol :lol::lol::lol:
    Be very weary of that Tool Vinyl, almost all the colored vinyls are bootlegs. Don't overpay. I have made that mistake once. :shock:
  • Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,676
    Good thread :)

the last few records I've bought are:

Monsters of Folk
    Backspacer x 2
    Quadrophenia re-release
    Alice in Chains - Black Gives Way to Blue
    Tragically Hip - We are the Same
    Wilco - Wilco
    Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
    Jack Johnson - En Concert
    Neil Young - Live @ The FIllmore
    Kings of Leon - Only by the Night
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    Parksy wrote:

Monsters of Folk
    Backspacer x 2
    Quadrophenia re-release
    Alice in Chains - Black Gives Way to Blue
    Tragically Hip - We are the Same
    Wilco - Wilco
    Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
    Jack Johnson - En Concert
    Neil Young - Live @ The FIllmore
    Kings of Leon - Only by the Night

My latest obsession (other than Backspacer of course) is Sky Blue Sky by Wilco. I know it's not their newest but it's their best. I highly recommend...
    |9.5.93Gorge|2.6.95Moore|5.7.98AROSpace|7.21.98Seattle|7.22.98Seattle|10.21.00PHX|11.5.00Seattle
    |11.6.00Seattle|6.6.03Vegas|6.7.03PHX|5.25.06Boston|7.22.06Gorge|7.23.06Gorge|9.21.09Seattle|9.22.09Seattle |10.6.09LA|11.19.13PHX|11.29.13Portland|12.6.13Seattle |10.22.14Denver| 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle

EV Solo |7.15.11 Benaroya|7.16.11 Benaroya|4.13.12PHX|10.30.14Redmond|
    TOTD 11.11.16 San Fran
  • Options
    gfrasergfraser Posts: 686
    BR107407 wrote:
    jokertt14 wrote:
    MK186319 wrote:

Dr. Dre - 2001 sealed
    Hank Jr. - sealed

Be very weary of that Tool Vinyl, almost all the colored vinyls are bootlegs. Don't overpay. I have made that mistake once. :shock:

the aenima colored vinyls are not boots, they are euro re-issues. can be had for around $80-$100 on the bay. if you have lots of spare time, bookmark http://www.auralexploits.com/product_6532.htm and check it from time to time. come up every couple of weeks. well worth the money!
    This post is © by gfraser
  • Options
    oh and my newest edition is the cougar den "keepondrifter" album. didnt know anything about them when i picked it up, only wanted it for the horkey 3 color silkscreened jacket!!! it truely is a piece of art. also, limited to 500 copies and its only $12, i mean come on, its $12. after receiving it found out they are pretty good.

see it here http://initrecords.bigcartel.com/produc ... lp-init-49

cougarden4.jpg

cougarden3.jpg

cougarden2.jpg

cougarden1.jpg

also, i signed up to the 2nd quarter thirdman records "premium vault membership" :D , and while there picked up the new jack white single, again how can you not buy it, its $7 shipped to your door! http://www.thirdmanrecords.com/storecanada.html
  • Options
    ok, one more post. anyone who wants to keep up on all the new releases should bookmark http://www.omgvinyl.com/ its run by mitch putnam of postersandtoys.com. great guy and great sites!
  • Options
    CobCob Posts: 857
    MK186319 wrote:
    Vinyl is coming Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there is so much to buy and so little money, I pre-ordered all Nirvana re-issue's 180 gram colored, Nirvana live at Reading vinyl, DMB, AIC, Dead Weather, and of course PJ Backspacer, i just might order the Foo-Fighters Greatest Hits? What has everyone else been buying? or what are your new editions?

I love the perception that people have that vinyl is "coming back" it never went anywhere, I have been constantly been buying vinyl since I was a kid in the 70's, when cd's came out in the 80's I still bought vinyl, when vinyl became less attractive to consumers in the 90's, it was still available and I still bought it, in fact in the late 90's and early 2000's there were so many re issues on 180G or 200G vinyl it was awesome.

My friends and I have been buying from Music Direct a lot the past 5 or 6 years, the Austin Record Convention comes to town 2 times a year, Half Price Books here in Austin has a pretty good used vinyl selection and Waterloo Records and several other record shops here in Austin have great selection new records, I have Backspacer on cd and I am buying it on vinyl next week, along with MMJ:At Dawn, The Who:Who's Next and one of The Kinks re-issues, either Misfits or Sleepwalker, oh and I just bought a used (2008) Miles Davis Bitches Brew 180G at Waterloo for $15.00 in PERFECT condition, so to me vinyl is not coming back, it never went anywhere to begin with! But I'm glad more people are excited about it again! I have over about 2,000 records and it's been an addiction since I was a kid. :mrgreen:

http://www.musicdirect.com/ I LOVE this site to buy records.
    [img][/img]9/5/92, 11/20/93, 3/14,15/94, 9/16/95, 10/14,15/2000
    4/5,6/9/2003, 9/1/05, 12/7/2005, 7/15,16,18/2006, 8/5/2007
    6/24,25/08,6/27/08,6/28/08,6/30/08
    9/21,22/2009, 10/4/2009
    5/6,7,9/2010, 9/3/2011 9/4/2011, 11/15/2013,
    11/16/2013, 12/8/2013, 10/5/2014, 10/12/2014,
    4/23, 5/10, 5/12, 8/20, 8/22 2016,
    8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20 2018, 5/12, 5/13, 9/20 2022

• Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,329
    to make a long story short, my brother gave me over 100 records last week.... some of them are VERY obscure and totally out there.

No Pearl Jam but 4 Cat Stevens along with 6 Led Zeppelin and tons of other stuff...been sneezing for days!
  • Options
    I only started getting into wax. Started with the Ten Legacy. Now I have Backspacer too. So I have bookended my PJ vinyl, with no books! :lol: I guess I'll have to win the lottery before I can afford Benny or ITW. Oh well, maybe one day.

I've been eyeing Black Crowes Before The Frost.........Until The Freeze double LP. It's the only version of the record that actually has a physical copy of the second record. The cd only comes with the one disc, and then a code for a digital download for the second. I might have to snap it up.

My Dad gave me all his old vinyl years ago, and I STUPIDLY gave it all to a friend of mine (not owning a turntable at the time). Led Zep, Hendrix, Beatles, Guess Who, you name it. :cry:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    I took the plunge. I just emailed him and asked for them all back in case he didn't want them! We'll see what he says!!! This thread made me do it!!! :lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Cob wrote:
    I love the perception that people have that vinyl is "coming back" it never went anywhere

well it really is making a come back. more people are getting into vinyl then ever and for a lot of them its there first experience with the format. i think that people are generally refering to its resurgence in popularity. in 2008 there was 2 million vinyl albums sold, the most ever since nielsen started tracking it.
  • Options
    Just picked up the first 4 white stripes albums on vinyl. reissues were only 30 a pop so i had to get them. Spinning elephant right now. Btw i have been on the vinyl kick for about 5 years now. Picked up Neil Youngs freedom on vinyl for 10 bucks last week from my local record shop Randy's(great find). Probably have spent around $600 in the past 6 months there. :shock: funny because i make 7.50 an hour at the liquor store
  • Options
    noahgenda wrote:
    i make 7.50 an hour

:shock: is that legal?
  • Options
    thanks everyone .. i am hip to the tool LP's on " http://auralexploits.com/ " i dont really care if there bootlegs they sound great .. just having a hard time getting " Aenima " just not fast enough .. I do have two 10,0000 days red and blue if anyone would like to trade .. lol :D

u can get alot of LP's for a fair price right from Sony.com .. but they do kick u over to amazon but its worth looking threw i thought ..

http://shop.myplay.com/category/18952590421/1/Vinyl.htm

Nirvana - unplugged is in there for 20 dollars
  • Options
    Elzar wrote:
    KDH12 wrote:

i believe Music Direct is having pre-orders - these are for the 2009 re-issues of reissued re-released reissues :D

If anyone is interested in taking some of my vinyl collection off my hands - ive got lots of older Nirvana stuff, and a ton of other stuff i know some of you want, I'll get a list together for anyone interested - PM if you wants some wax

thanks for the site...
    that was a new one for me thanks !!
  • Options
    I only started getting into wax. Started with the Ten Legacy. Now I have Backspacer too. So I have bookended my PJ vinyl, with no books! :lol: I guess I'll have to win the lottery before I can afford Benny or ITW. Oh well, maybe one day.

I've been eyeing Black Crowes Before The Frost.........Until The Freeze double LP. It's the only version of the record that actually has a physical copy of the second record. The cd only comes with the one disc, and then a code for a digital download for the second. I might have to snap it up.

My Dad gave me all his old vinyl years ago, and I STUPIDLY gave it all to a friend of mine (not owning a turntable at the time). Led Zep, Hendrix, Beatles, Guess Who, you name it. :cry:

i have been collecting for awhile and i dont have B-hall or Into the Wild .. flat out missed the B-hall sale by one day .. sucked they sold for like 34 dollars .. and into the wild i passed on .. and i could just kick myself on both !!
  • Options
    gfraser wrote:
    noahgenda wrote:
    i make 7.50 an hour

:shock: is that legal?

it might be 8.50 don't know i really don't pay that much attention
  • Options
    Looking for " Temple of the Dog " anyone that wants to move one pm me .. thanks :D
  • Options
    jskjsk Posts: 53

That's how I feel about not renewing my 10club membership in 96! Only I feel worse for you!
    If I had known then, what I know now.
  • Options
    Just bought Glaciers six song EP limited to 119 copies on white vinyl, has a silk screened cover as well, if you like Tool, you just might like Glaciers. http://www.omgvinyl.com/
  • Options
    MK186319 wrote:
    Just bought Glaciers six song EP limited to 119 copies on white vinyl, has a silk screened cover as well, if you like Tool, you just might like Glaciers. http://www.omgvinyl.com/

picked this up earlier today also :D

link to the store http://glaciers.bigcartel.com/
  • Options
    stickmanstickman Posts: 1,008
    Parksy wrote:

Wilco - Wilco

Really cool album.

"Passenger Side" is one of those classic late night driving home from the bar songs. I love it.

Box Full of Letters" is classic top. Just a cachy little tune. I alway get a good reaction from people when I play it. Hey man who is this, there good. No S#*T!
  • Options
    gfraser wrote:
    MK186319 wrote:

picked this up earlier today also :D

link to the store http://glaciers.bigcartel.com/
    did you get the white or blue? i'm thinking of getting the blue too only 300