On-line dating? I give up!

Comments

• Flutter GirlFlutter Girl Posts: 548
    MDM wrote:
    Hahahaha, I have the feeling that would be exactly the message I'd get. Not even going to try! :mrgreen:

LoL..the worst part is I didn't even know it was for eHarmony. They advertised it as a personality test on myspace..or facebook, can't remember which..Guess I'm too odd a duck for most :|
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    bumping this for updated reports..

I am still in search of a PJ girl who is not already taken..!

;)
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    ya okcupid is a joke. every girl is 20 lbs heavier than they look in their pics
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    davidtrios wrote:

More to love
    davidtrios wrote:

More to love

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    davidtrios wrote:

All my crazy friends in Watertown are on one called So Many Fish or something like that.... :?:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:

All my crazy friends in Watertown are on one called So Many Fish or something like that.... :?:

plenty of fish..ive had no luck there but i hear its basically a hookup site
    davidtrios wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:

:lol::lol: That sounds about right.

Never trust a pic of someone when you can only see their face :nono:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    davidtrios wrote:

when I see that, I read it as "occupied", like the little sign on a porta-potty
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

:lol::lol: That sounds about right.

Thats why we can trust BinauralJam! :lol:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Thats why we can trust BinauralJam! :lol:

:fp:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    davidtrios wrote:

but I thought guys liked bigger boobs... :?

and how did it go with the chick with the painted on eyebrows?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    9124568c-4d74-41e4-a99e-584e343f4e4c_zps3aa4d454.jpg

I'd Book the Date!
    RKCNDY wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:

:lol:

i like a thicker girl- you can describe body type on that site..like fit, average, curvy etc

i think the definition of curvy is interpreted in MANY different ways.

and i never replied, the eyebrows freaked me out.
  • supadupasupadupa Posts: 377
    I describe myself as curvy on OKCupid. Nobody seems to like curvy though, so now I get to work on becoming un-curvy.
    davidtrios wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:

:lol:

i like a thicker girl- you can describe body type on that site..like fit, average, curvy etc

i think the definition of curvy is interpreted in MANY different ways.

and i never replied, the eyebrows freaked me out.

yeah, 'curvy' is really vague, but I doubt that a gal would want to describe herself as 'hefty'. :lol:

and too bad about fake eyebrows, I've always wondered what those girls look like without eyebrows...oh, wait, you can google that. :?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:
    and too bad about fake eyebrows, I've always wondered what those girls look like without eyebrows...oh, wait, you can google that. :?

i met this woman once that wanted to get her eyeshadow tatted on. :fp:

yeah, she was a little fruity.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    I am going to start a new one:

pleasefortheloveofgodtakemyexwifeoffmyhands.com
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

i met this woman once that wanted to get her eyeshadow tatted on. :fp:

yeah, she was a little fruity.

the girl I worked with who got $15K in cosmetic surgery drew on her eyebrows...she was a little smiley-vault-misc-022.gif

- Christopher McCandless
  • nicolaginicolagi England Posts: 13
    I would just like to comment on something a guy said a few pages back on this post.
    I have never used online dating but that's not to say I wouldn't use it. Having recently just separated from my husband, I find myself in a strange situation, and wondered if anyone else has ever been there?
    I'm not sure if previous posts joked about their other halves not being PJ fans, but I know that was an issue between my husband and I. It may sound ridiculous to other people that music taste can come into differences in a relationship, but I struggled with my husbands apathy for PJ. Having dated other PJ fans before this relationship, I always imagined settling down with someone with that similar interest. I am accused of being selfish and maybe I am in some ways with my music, but when I realise there are like-minded people out there I think I must not be alone....
    Have been a fan of PJ since Ten was released when I was 17 years old, but don't normally post on here often, normally feel my passion for the band is quite personal and felt no need to share it or say anything until now.

Anyway, am hoping there is happiness out there for all us true PJ fans....x
    Nicola (England)
  • Yeah.. Fuck all of it.. I get the feeling I'm supposed
    To die alone..
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Yeah.. Fuck all of it.. I get the feeling I'm supposed
    To die alone..

Most of the time I feel this way but I have hope.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Yeah.. Fuck all of it.. I get the feeling I'm supposed
    To die alone..

Most of the time I feel this way but I have hope.
    Good prospect?
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    I am going to start a new one:

pleasefortheloveofgodtakemyexwifeoffmyhands.com

:lol: how about " all the ex's "
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    To die alone..

I think about this all the time too - :)
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    I have tried on-line dating and to be honest. I have met some really nice woman and some un-nice woman. I see on line dating as just another tool. The woman I am dating now is really cool and we have alot in common and I met her on the internet. sometimes it takes a while to find a person who you connect with.
  • bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    mikalina wrote:
    To die alone..

I think about this all the time too - :)

Me too
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    Still TRUE three years later!

its been three years and I am still single..

The woman I meet all seem to have the following:
    - Constantly talk about nothing but themsleves.
    - Expect to be provided for (money, gifts, travel) in their entirety.
    - Have a secret wish to have a child despite denying so on profile
    - Have an overblown opinion of their own attractiveness level.
    - Have an overblown idea of what man they want/ think they can date (Brad Pitt / George clooney cross over)
    - Have a very little sense of humor..

and finally.... Do not give a damn about Pearl Jam or hard rock music in general...

I posted it before...

I NEED A PJ GIRL!!!!! PLEASE GOD!?
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • dustinparduedustinpardue Posts: 1,829
    online dating sites are hilarious. how many grauitous 'look, here's me taking a picture in the mirror in my shitter' pictures can you find in one hour. how many 'duckfaces?' How many extreme closeups (how bigger people try to make themselves look smaller)? The most common of course is the always famous 'pose with my bastard son' pics.
    And don't forget the bios, just outstanding work. "My son is my life" has to be the most common quote of all time. Isn't your child suposed to be important to you? Should you really have to reassure yourself of that? but my all time favorite bios are the women whose entire bio is a laundry list of complaints and shit they don't like or aren't attracted to. Outstanding, now lady read back over that and think really hard about why you're single...... :fp:
    Women want a sensitive bad guy, or maybe a gay football coach. Why do you think women are so obcessed with 80s rock? Exactly. A bunch of terrible dudes grow girly hair and sing love ballads. Genius.

Enough of my diatribe of comedy for one day. Enjoy! :D
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    online dating sites are hilarious. how many grauitous 'look, here's me taking a picture in the mirror in my shitter' pictures can you find in one hour. how many 'duckfaces?' How many extreme closeups (how bigger people try to make themselves look smaller)? The most common of course is the always famous 'pose with my bastard son' pics.
    And don't forget the bios, just outstanding work. "My son is my life" has to be the most common quote of all time. Isn't your child suposed to be important to you? Should you really have to reassure yourself of that? but my all time favorite bios are the women whose entire bio is a laundry list of complaints and shit they don't like or aren't attracted to. Outstanding, now lady read back over that and think really hard about why you're single...... :fp:
    Women want a sensitive bad guy, or maybe a gay football coach. Why do you think women are so obcessed with 80s rock? Exactly. A bunch of terrible dudes grow girly hair and sing love ballads. Genius.

Enough of my diatribe of comedy for one day. Enjoy! :D
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg