Options

*** LA 3 Fanviews Here 10/06/09 ***

Comments

• Options
    Wilds wrote:
    Great show. Energy was between night 1 and night 2 until Chris Cornell came out, then the roof exploded off.

Hit the nail on the head right there!

The Gibson has no roof right now. It's an open-air amph.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    um...

ahhh...

yeah....speechless
  • Options
    porch4294porch4294 Posts: 123
    Wow!
    This one of the greatest shows in the history of this band.
    Do what you can to see this band live now... they are on!

Just back from the show & quick thoughts...

* My seats we're not the greatest (not 10c), so thought I may not be as into the show as I typically am with great 10c seats, but this was my 21st show and one of the best I've seen.
    * 1st time seeing the new ones - Got Some and Unthought Known are truly sensational live.
    * Looking back, until the end the setlist wouldn't be one I'd be that excited about, but the energy, the crowd and the way the played them were outstanding.
    * Loved getting the yield songs!
    * Seeing the strings trying to keep up with Ed on Lukin... awesome!
    * Once kicks off the second encore & then Footsteps! Excited the trilogy is being played an Alive is coming next, but NO - Chris Cornell & Hunger Strike & then Alive.
    Wow. Wow. Wow.
    Great show!
  • Options
    and then he said Chris Cornell... !!! The place went apesh*t, I got chills all over the place, and then Hunger Strike just absolutely slayed the room.

The place went fucking nuts. Absolutely fucking nuts.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    um...

ahhh...

yeah....speechless

Hey buddy!

;)
    -Chris
    Male, 34

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
  • Options
    JohnD.JohnD. Posts: 63
    edited October 2009
    First off, I want to thank Ten Club for the amazing seats. 5th row Orchestra DEAD CENTER. Just great. My buddy went to get beer early on, and he told me "Chris Cornell is sitting like 10 rows behind us". We had better seats than Chris Cornell.

I've seen PJ 10 times in the last 17 years and this was the best they've been since 1992. Just an absolutely sensational show- total connection between band and audience. Ed was drenched in sweat, which was not the case the first two shows. Also, during the whole first set he was so into it he never bothered to take a swig of his wine bottle because he was rocking so hard. "No Even Flow"???? Was that guy kidding?? Mike's solo during it blew the roof off the place.

And finally, Chris fuckin Cornell. I've run into a few people out here who saw them in Santa Barbara and I thought I'd never have the opportunity. When he came out I felt like one of the Beatles fans in the audience of the Ed Sullivan Show. I could not believe how lucky I was to be there in the fifth row to see Chris Cornell and Eddie Vedder sing Hunger Strike.

The cherrry on top was Jerry Cantrell playing the solo during Alive. I couldn't believe my eyes. Then at the end, there was a bow, and Mike, Stone, Jeff, Matt, Eddie, Chris Cornell, and Jerry Cantrell all stood in a row and took a bow together. The Monsters of Grunge. That just blew me the fuck away.

This was a very special night that I will never ever forget.
    Post edited by JohnD. on
  • Options
    Here's a video I took of Hunger Strike tonight - a little different view than the other one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELoRO3-fIEU

I'm posting a few others as well - just waiting for them to finish uploading.

Amazing show tonight - thanks a billion to Ten Club member Scott for pulling me out the of the ticket drop line and hooking me up with a great seat - gotta love the fans looking out for other fans in need!
  • Options
    The show completely blew my mind. Chris Cornell and Eddie Vedder on the same stage, playing "Hunger Strike". My two favorite singers of all time in a song I thought I'd never hear sung with the full band ever, but it happened. And if that wasn't enough, f'ing Jerry Cantrell comes on (I didn't even realize it was him, I got disappointed that Mike wasn't finishing the solo until I figured out it was him :P), and makes it all come full circle.

The set list was flawless. The only songs I wanted to hear a lot that weren't played were "Black" and "Yellow Ledbetter", but getting "Hunger Strike" with Chris singing in top form (say what you want about what he can do now, he can still WAIL those high notes) compensated. Plus the ridiculously energetic performances of "Rearviewmirror" and "Alive" in the two encores made the night. "Eldery Woman...." was beautiful (some drunk passed out in front of us right in the middle of it though), "Daughter", "Unthought Known", "Given To Fly", "Even Flow", and I might as well just stop there before I name the whole setlist as being the standouts. Just such an amazing show.
  • Options
    Only the second time ever with Cornell... right?
    -Chris
    Male, 34

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
  • Options
    Wow... just wow!

I'm truly envious of those that got to witness the show tonight. How do they top this?

Can't wait until San Diego....
  • Options
    Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,226
    wow. wow. wow.

I was at LA2, in my 10c seats, and that show blew my mind. This time, in the Loge section, I thought I might feel a bit of a letdown, but the opening set of songs took care of that! Sometimes, Breakerfall... SO pumped to hear Faithful, and then got a tear in my eye during Off He Goes. I know, I'm a softy.

I thought the encores were going to be a little less exciting, since they seemed to be following the same script as LA 2 had been, but then Eddie busted out the harmonica, and since they had just played Once, I figured it was going to be Footsteps, and I was STOKED. Of course, I would have been pumped if it was Smile, too, as that's one of my favorites, but you can't beat the trilogy...

And then when Ed said something about it being a special night because of someone in attendance, I figured he was going to point out a family member, or an old friend, or something - and then he said Chris Cornell... !!! The place went apesh*t, I got chills all over the place, and then Hunger Strike just absolutely slayed the room.

I had not been sure about buying a poster at first, but after that... wow... AND after freaking Jerry Cantrell showed up to shred on Alive, I knew it was a once-in-a-blue-moon kinda show, so I bought the damn poster!

I wanted to hear "Smile" too :)
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    Eddie and Chris Cornell did HUNGER STRIKE in October of 2003 in Santa Barbara. Something I will never ever forget, It was the first time I had ever had front row seats for Pearl Jam and Chris Cornell took the stage...........wow............and now tonight!! I don't think I'm going to sleep tonight...........
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Options
    Where was Dave Grohl on drums, for the full Seattle connection...

Actually tonight was great... one of the best... couldn't believe it when Chris got introduced...

Saw Emile Hirsh, David Arquette, Josh Brolin at the show...

Got a setlist and had Stone sign it tonight in the lounge area backstage... pretty cool

Was really an unbelievable night... Maybe tomorrow Ace Frehley comes out again... KISS is on Jimmy Kimmel and they film from 6-7 I believe...
  • Options
    jomo297jomo297 Posts: 41
    Quality isn't that great but it will give you a taste of "Hunger Strike." Wish I could figure out how to upload to Youtube in HD. I filmed it in HD on my mino flip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJE6M8vOobI
    "The sunshine bores the daylights out of me."---RS
  • Options
    MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    Un-Fucking-believable! Mike threw me his Soundgarden shirt. Tonight didn't happen....No way Hunger Strike?!?! It was all a dream
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    norm wrote:
    um...

ahhh...

yeah....speechless

Hey buddy!

;)

i can't believe that happened???

:mrgreen:
  • Options

Actually tonight was great... one of the best... couldn't believe it when Chris got introduced...

Saw Emile Hirsh, David Arquette, Josh Brolin at the show...

Got a setlist and had Stone sign it tonight in the lounge area backstage... pretty cool

Was really an unbelievable night... Maybe tomorrow Ace Frehley comes out again... KISS is on Jimmy Kimmel and they film from 6-7 I believe...

Congrat's on the setlist. How did you get backstage? How about a pic of the setlist for those who missed out on LA3 - AKA "Monsters of Grunge"
    AW
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    [/quote]

I wanted to hear "Smile" too :)[/quote]

I've been raising my SMILE poster for 3 nights now from some great seats in the orchestra area (also had it displayed in the front row at Outside Lands). Tonight was the first time that Eddie actually acknowleged it and then he went and grabbed his harmonica and I almost choked.............but then they started into FOOTSTEPS......which ruled!! Pearl Jam just makes me happy! Maybe I'll get SMILE tomorrow :D
    Post edited by PJPixie on

• Options
    Chinny wrote:
    Un-Fucking-believable! Mike threw me his Soundgarden shirt. Tonight didn't happen....No way Hunger Strike?!?! It was all a dream

That shirt was pretty Bad Ass!! good on you for getting it :D

• Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    I can't believe it!!! :shock: :o :shock: HUNGER STRIKE!! I am sure that i will never ever hear this master piece live!!! :cry::cry:
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    Check Out "Lukin" Live with the Strings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npjese6UFjA
  • Options

I had the same thought!
    San Diego 10/25/00
    Irvine 6/03/03
    Los Angeles 7/9/06
    Los Angeles 7/10/06
    Los Angeles 7/12/08 (VH1 Rock Honors the Who)
    Los Angeles 10/01/09
    Los Angeles 4/12/08 (EV solo)
    Los Angeles 10/06/09
    MSG 5/20/10
    San Diego 7/5/11 (EV solo)
    Los Angeles 11/23/13
    Los Angeles 11/24/13
    Sao Paulo, Brazil 11/14/15
  • Options
    MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    PJPixie wrote:
    Chinny wrote:

That shirt was pretty Bad Ass!! good on you for getting it :D

Thanks buddy : ). I am stil shaking....Right when Mike came out the first thing I said to my friend was "Cool Mike's wearing a Soungarden shirt" if we all only knew Chris Cornell was about to come out...crazy stuff...
  • Options
    Check Out "Lukin" Live with the Strings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npjese6UFjA

Thanks for sharing the great links! Hunger Strike was a beauty! Any chance of RVM?
    AW
  • Options
    alesekalesek Posts: 809
    Sorry for my ingorance but when was the last time they both sang that together (Ed and Chris I mean...)?

Anyone?
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • Options
    Picture1056-1.jpg
    -Chris
    Male, 34

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
  • Options
    alesek wrote:
    Sorry for my ingorance but when was the last time they both sang that together (Ed and Chris I mean...)?

Anyone?

Santa Barbara, october 2003. the only other time i believe...
    -Chris
    Male, 34

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
  • Options
    alesek wrote:

Anyone?

October 2003 in Santa Barbara ................ and by some fucking miracle I was at that show too. I can't process this......i've seen it twice?? wtf??

• Options
    COrnell, Cantrell, and Farell (at ACL)? WTF is this an insane tour or what!
  • Options
    PJPixie wrote:

I wanted to hear "Smile" too :)[/quote]

I've been raising my SMILE poster for 3 nights now from some great seats in the orchestra area (also had it displayed in the front row at Outside Lands). Tonight was the first time that Eddie actually acknowleged it and then he went and grabbed his harmonica and I almost choked.............but then they started into FOOTSTEPS......which ruled!! Pearl Jam just makes me happy! Maybe I'll get SMILE tomorrow :D[/quote]

that was you holding up that sign?