You know you're a PJ Fanatic when...

Comments

• pandora wrote:
    you finally feel at home here
    !!!!!!!...exactly!!!!!!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • alesekalesek Posts: 809
    when at the family reunion in 2000, your 4 year old son blurts out the correct words to Porch from the microphone during the kid's talent portion when all the other kids are singing Barney, Mr Rogers, and Disney songs and everyone slowly turns and stares at you before he even gets to the first "would you hit me" line as he proceeds to finish the entire song including the oh, oh , awwwwwwww screams and featuring an air guitar McCready solo in the middle - all playing from a tape recorder in his little head and you are embarassed but really proud of him at the same time. :lol:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaw !
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
    When you spend 15 minutes on your knees after the show in Portland trying to pry the pick Mike threw at you from where its stuck under the barricade while trying not to use the hand that Eddie shook...

:oops:

!!! quality!
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • st1st1 Posts: 143
    You are at a funeral and they mention the garden of eden and in you head you immediate start singing, "I will walk..."
    pathetic, huh.

You have a bunch of pictures of the band all over your work cubicle; none of your husband.
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    st1 wrote:
    You are at a funeral and they mention the garden of eden and in you head you immediate start singing, "I will walk..."
    pathetic, huh.

Nope, rather uplifting instead. ;)
    When you hide from your partner the fact you keep coming here, and how much you want to spend on goods.
    chris32482 wrote:
    ^^ how about when you burn copies of all your boots because you don't want to wear out the originals, then you place them in their own CD wallet with index cards for each disc containing the Date / Venue / track listing.

Sweet.
  • ... When you hate your local radio because they NEVER play PJ (Bastards!).
    Zürich - 06/23/00
    Irving Plaza (NYC) - 05/06/06
    Bern - 09/13/06
    Berlin - 08/15/09
    London - 06/25/10
    Berlin - 06/30/10
  • Lefty 27 wrote:
    ... When you hate your local radio because they NEVER play PJ (Bastards!).
    when u never put on the radio couse they never play the pj setlist u want 8-)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Claireack wrote:
    I am also jealous.

I started thinking today it would be a really, really, good idea do some compilation cd's of my favourite songs from PJ over the years to give to friends for christmas.

However, as none of them are fans, and the only thing they know about them is that I like them - not sure if they'll appreciate it.

I know this feeling so badly... SPREAD THE PLAGUE!!
  • When during every single free moment you could spend with your boyfriend/girlfriend, you keep on talking about PJ saying:

"Come and look at this video! Can't you see how fantastic they are???!They are much better than Soundgarden! Chris Cornell is a shit, now he is making music with Timbaland!"

while you are listening to Backspacer and searching for new videos on youtube.

After this your boyfriend/girlfriend will start hating PJ even if before he liked them.

This is exactly what happened to me, but I am happy so next time I will go to a PJ concert maybe I will go without him.
    Maybe this could be a good strategy to adopt if you want to quit with your partner but you do not know how to do that.

Mine always says making fun of me "First I'm gonna talk about Pearl Jam. Then when I am done talking about Pearl Jam I am gonna talk about Pearl Jam some more." And I ask, What is wrong with that? He just doesn't get it.
  • you sit at the computer hitting refresh page to see if any one else has added a post to the word game or ask the next poster a question...

errrr if you have not been to this page go post now and save meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    you sit at the computer hitting refresh page to see if any one else has added a post to the word game or ask the next poster a question...

errrr if you have not been to this page go post now and save meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

OMG!! I'm sitting here doing the same!!! :wtf:
  • Claireack wrote:
    you sit at the computer hitting refresh page to see if any one else has added a post to the word game or ask the next poster a question...

OMG!! I'm sitting here doing the same!!! :wtf:

see we are all the same..
  • when u open your pc and go to pearl jam page before your yahoo mail and go directly in goods section to bootlegs to see if Europeans shows are for sale!!!!
  • when u open your pc and go to pearl jam page before your yahoo mail and go directly in goods section to bootlegs to see if Europeans shows are for sale!!!!

the day feels like it will never come...its even worse then waiting for the new album.as everyother shows is on the site now in weeks...come on europe we are waiting

the day feels like it will never come...its even worse then waiting for the new album.as everyother shows is on the site now in weeks...come on europe we are waiting
    think positive..the best for the end.. :D

p.s. :evil:
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    Lefty 27 wrote:
    ... When you hate your local radio because they NEVER play PJ (Bastards!).
    when u never put on the radio couse they never play the pj setlist u want 8-)

When you love your Rock station cos they play PJ Bootleg from Shepherds Bush on Saturday night, and you tell everyone they HAVE TO listen to it, and they give you a blank look. No I don't have a life and yes I sat with my head phones on blasting so as not to wake the kids. :geek:
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • when you can hardly pay your cable and electric bills every month but somehow manage to go to philly night 3 and 4.
    2008 - 6/28, 6/30
    2009 - 8/21,10/30, 10/31
    2010 - 5/15, 5/17, 5/20, 5/21
    2011 - 9/3/11, 9/4, 9/11, 9/12, 9/14
    2012 - 9/2
    2013 - 7/19, 10/15, 10/16, 10/19, 10/25
    2014 - 6/16. 6/17, 6/20, 10/1

EV solo 8.1.08, 6.8.09, 6.15.11, 6.16.11
  • Wow! I finally don't feel all alone in the world! Keep 'em up, these are amazing and I can't believe how many I relate to.

This is the one that made me laugh the most:
    CJMST3K wrote:
    When you're at a hockey game, and people are Boo-ing the team, and you first think is that you're about to hear an organ solo.

Here's my first contribution ...

...when your friend lost her job, ending up homeless in a Jersey December. You can't really offer her a place to crash because you have a roomie who wouldn't approve of this. Since you yourself are piss poor you decide to do the next best thing you can do and bring her all the stuff you can think of to help her out while she's living in a car for a few months. On the list, even above blankets, pop tarts, and booze, is PJ cds :)
    I'll ride this wave ... 
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    edited October 2009
    Razor Face wrote:
    Wow! I finally don't feel all alone in the world! Keep 'em up, these are amazing and I can't believe how many I relate to.

This is the one that made me laugh the most:
    CJMST3K wrote:
    When you're at a hockey game, and people are Boo-ing the team, and you first think is that you're about to hear an organ solo.

Here's my first contribution ...

...when your friend lost her job, ending up homeless in a Jersey December. You can't really offer her a place to crash because you have a roomie who wouldn't approve of this. Since you yourself are piss poor you decide to do the next best thing you can do and bring her all the stuff you can think of to help her out while she's living in a car for a few months. On the list, even above blankets, pop tarts, and booze, is PJ cds :)
    I was gonna post some nonesense like spending your entire Sunday working on your Halloween outfit for Philly but then I saw your post. Is she doing better now? :(
    Post edited by SOLAT319 on
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
    Man, there are alot of us really doing it tough. I'm almost needing to sell up, but atleast I have that option. :?

To all of us in hardship, keep on jammin, because as long as we're fanatics, we got something to get us through to the other side 8-)

Oh, and as not to be really f*#king insensitive, if I do sell up, I'm gunna say F*#K the tax man and do the whole Australian/NZ tour, just so I go out with a BANG.
    Good luck to us all who need it.

Now.......on to the next Fanatic :wave: You know your a PJ Fanatic when...

im guilty as charged! :mrgreen:
    6.19.08 Camden 1
    6.24.08 MSG 1
    8.05.08 EV NYC 2 (3rd Row)
    5.18.10 Newark
    5.20.10 MSG 1
    5.21.10 MSG 2
    6.21.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    6.22.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    9.02.12 Made In America Festival, Philly
    10.18.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
    10.19.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,140
    when u open your pc and go to pearl jam page before your yahoo mail and go directly in goods section to bootlegs to see if Europeans shows are for sale!!!!

+1
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 

im guilty as charged! :mrgreen:
    we will all end up in jail
  • SOLAT319 wrote:
    I was post some nonesense like spending your entire Sunday working on your Halloween outfit for Philly but then I saw your post. Is she doing better now? :(

Yea, she's doing a lot better these days. She found a place in Feb, so it only lasted about 2 months. And she was very appreciative of the PJ, ha. thanks though!

Now back to the fun ..

You know you're a fanatic when you and your brother are trying to convince his wife to name their soon-to-be-born baby Stone.
    I'll ride this wave ... 
  • Razor Face wrote:
    You know you're a fanatic when you and your brother are trying to convince his wife to name their soon-to-be-born baby Stone.
    :clap:
  • IamBETELIamBETEL Posts: 110
    You know you're a PJ Fanatic when. . .you've written two consecutive college papers on Pearl Jam!
  • Got Some wrote:
    You know you're a PJ Fanatic when. . .you've written two consecutive college papers on Pearl Jam!
    great avatar