You know you're a PJ Fanatic when...

Comments

• youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    When you are bored and you take out all you're PJ vinyl and make sure it is in the same condition as they were the last time you checked on them. Then put them back in order of release, making sure that all albums are in a straight line on the shelf. I am OCD about my PJ collection, but you should see the rest of my house. :oops:
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Posts: 1,188
    ...you get really pissed off when people claim to you they 'like' Pearl Jam and they tell you their favorite song is Last Kiss! :shock:
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    When you are bored and you take out all you're PJ vinyl and make sure it is in the same condition as they were the last time you checked on them. Then put them back in order of release, making sure that all albums are in a straight line on the shelf. I am OCD about my PJ collection, but you should see the rest of my house. :oops:

:D The rest of my house is tidy, but my Pearl Jam collection is all over the place :? :oops:

YOUR A FANATIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol: Congrats.
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    When your friends look thru your car cd wallet and all they see is PJ BOOTS & BACKSPACER, and they ask do you listen to anything else ? to wich i reply not for the next 4months :mrgreen::lol::lol: or refuse to throw away that special TSHIRT from the 95 tour :mrgreen: it's see thru now :oops: ..
    don't tell me you still wear it

the image i have in my head is rather disturbing

I still wear my t-shirt from 1992 tour, what are you talking about!?

I still wear my No Code shirt, even though a friend borrowed it to swim in, ( :roll: without asking of course)
    in my salt/ chlorinated pool and it immediatly faded!

That was 9 years ago. I'm proud to still be wearing it.
  • Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    when you book a week in orlando (which you're not even that bothered about going to) flying from the UK just so you can go to the the Tampa show, of which you also need to get a train to, and then of course pay for another hotel for one night JUST so you get to see one PJ show in 2008!!!!

That must be my dearest gig yet :shock:
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Jo wrote:
    When you spend 15 minutes on your knees after the show in Portland trying to pry the pick Mike threw at you from where its stuck under the barricade while trying not to use the hand that Eddie shook...

:oops:

Did you get the Pick and where did your hand travel and when did it get washed?

:ugeek: I am a Fanatic, so I want answers. ;)

No, I didnt get the pick. The security guys told me to hit the road so I took my Ed-sweat-slathered hand and left. And yes...I washed it before I ate the taco bell I bought on the way home!
    :lol:

BTW...home being my brothers in Portland not my actual home in ohio
    Be Kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle
  • your fiance wants to replace all your old PJ t shirt because they are falling apart but you refuse to remove them from "high rotation."
    You can heal the world with duct tape.
    Jo wrote:
    When you spend 15 minutes on your knees after the show in Portland trying to pry the pick Mike threw at you from where its stuck under the barricade while trying not to use the hand that Eddie shook...

:oops:

Did you get the Pick and where did your hand travel and when did it get washed?

:ugeek: I am a Fanatic, so I want answers. ;)

No, I didnt get the pick. The security guys told me to hit the road so I took my Ed-sweat-slathered hand and left. And yes...I washed it before I ate the taco bell I bought on the way home!
    :lol:

BTW...home being my brothers in Portland not my actual home in ohio

:shock: You washed your hands before the Taco?

You could have auctioned them germs and funded your next tour. :lol:
  • jlarson75jlarson75 Posts: 113
    When you have slipped into some kind of Post Concert Depresssion after winning the lottery (Orch AA) at LA 2. You look forward to it for SO long, then it actually happens and there are truly no words to describe it. Two days later, you are still sitting here wondering if you have gone crazy because you are still totally bummed that it's over.

Thanks, guys, for giving me hope that I'm not totally insane. It's nice to know there are people like me out there.
  • Your I Pod is 99.9% Pearl Jam and Your leaving your husband and kids behind again to fly to Philly from Fl to see them @ the Spectrum. After seeing PJ last summer @ Bonnaroo and Columbia S.C.! :o
  • You get into a huge argument with your 13 yr old son over whose turn it is to wear the limited numbered Stickman hoodie even when you have the regular Stickman hoodie and at least 2 t-shirts. :$
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• When you have a bedside dresser full of your (rarely or unworn) Pearl Jam shirts, tanks, hoodies and hats and all your vinyl, books, DEEP mags, RARE CDs & DVDs, EV wallet, over 60 posters and PJ related magazines in one spot in a closet just outside your bedroom so in the event of a fire, you can grab all your PJ stuff

one problem though...too much shit to carry, I should probably park a wheelbarrow in there too :lol:
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    dhpjammer wrote:
    Your I Pod is 99.9% Pearl Jam and Your leaving your husband and kids behind again to fly to Philly from Fl to see them @ the Spectrum. After seeing PJ last summer @ Bonnaroo and Columbia S.C.! :o

Leaving your husband and kids behind for just one show? Yeah, try for the ENTIRE TOUR then come back and talk to me :P
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    A bootleg song comes up on your iPod and you can not only name where the concert was, but what date it took place on...
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    When you go to the emergency room and get admitted to the hosipital for what could or could not be a serious medical condition and you are pissed because you are missing Pearl Jam even though you saw them twice a couple of months ago and will see them twice again in a couple of weeks. P
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • the wolf wrote:
    when it only take you 30 minutes to get to work, but you leave 6 minutes early so you can jam to all of Backspacer !

:?

^ thats good stuff there.

...you make copies of all the official boots so you can put the originals away so they dont get ruined.
    a wise man investigates what a fool passes by

4/26/03 - pittsburgh
    4/28/03 - philly
    7/05/03 - camden
    7/12/03 - hershey
    5/28/06 - camden
    5/20/10 - msg
    5/21/10 - msg
    6/25/11 - upper darby - EV
  • ......you're homeless, but go to the Library to post here in between looking for jobs, AND you still manage to get the new CD on it's release date!!!!
  • Black-12Black-12 Posts: 249
    When you have listened everyday since March to the 2008 bootleg box set until Back Spacer was released and then thats all you have listend to for the last 2 weeks.

You stop going to work to follow Pearl Jam around and you are seeing them more in a few months then you've seen your family in 3 years...

You run out of batteries almost everyday on your BlackBerry from checking the board and facebook through out the day to make sure you don't miss any Pearl Jam related news.

You feel in love with this band in 1991 and it has ment more to you then most things in life... :D
  • You now you are a fanatic when every person you know associates you with them and if they hear any news about them they text you immediatly....and you just laugh, like that is something I would not have known. They think you just listen to them like other bands, you know like a few good songs. They have no idea about the bootlegs and how good every cd is, that you just can't get enough of them. It is truly an obsession, and one I would never want to give up.
  • You now you are a fanatic when every person you know associates you with them and if they hear any news about them they text you immediatly....and you just laugh, like that is something I would not have known. They think you just listen to them like other bands, you know like a few good songs. They have no idea about the bootlegs and how good every cd is, that you just can't get enough of them. It is truly an obsession, and one I would never want to give up.

NOW THAT sums it all up amen!!!!!! :mrgreen:
  • mikepmikep Posts: 290
    You now you are a fanatic when every person you know associates you with them and if they hear any news about them they text you immediatly....and you just laugh, like that is something I would not have known. They think you just listen to them like other bands, you know like a few good songs. They have no idea about the bootlegs and how good every cd is, that you just can't get enough of them. It is truly an obsession, and one I would never want to give up.

hahaha that's awesome. i find im still flattered they associate me with the band, but still gently tell them, thanks for the tip (psst i've known about that for about a month now;)
    Black-12 wrote:

You feel in love with this band in 1991 and it has ment more to you then most things in life... :D

aww what a great sentiment. i feel the same. it's a cozy love that's unique and great and personal and just fucking fun.
    96-11-Tor; 03-Mont; 05,13-London;05-Kitchnr, Hamltn; 06-Deroit;08-Mont(EV); 09-Albany(EV), Philly3&4; 10,13-Buff;10-NYC, Mt View; 11-(EV) Boston,Hart,Det,PJ20,Ott,Hamltn,Winnpg,Sask,Cal,Edmntn,Van; 12-Missoula; 13-Wrigley,Pitts,Port,Spok,Cal,Van,Sea.
  • MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Posts: 1,188
    You now you are a fanatic when every person you know associates you with them and if they hear any news about them they text you immediatly....and you just laugh, like that is something I would not have known. They think you just listen to them like other bands, you know like a few good songs. They have no idea about the bootlegs and how good every cd is, that you just can't get enough of them. It is truly an obsession, and one I would never want to give up.

I'm not there yet, but I hope to get there one day!
  • I never thought of it that way, but I am flattered when people associate me with that band... I almost feel like they are family to me. I know that sounds sick, but I personally don't know what I would do with out them. They inspire me, and make me such a better person. I feel bad that other people don't have this passion...it is amazing. We are lucky we live it.
  • When you Google Pearl Jam News and sort by date to see the LATEST article updates....and you do it more than once a day :lol:
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010
  • hvrsqhvrsq Posts: 49
    . . . . . you had to buy bacspacer on CD, vinyl, and iTunes.
    if nothing is everything......
    I'll have it all!
  • ....it's actually stressful to listen to PJ with someone who may not be as big a fan as you...You want to keep checking to make sure they are appreciating them as much as they should.
    You're in your own world, let's see the whole world. Let's pick up your soul.
  • Emmasheen wrote:
    ....it's actually stressful to listen to PJ with someone who may not be as big a fan as you...You want to keep checking to make sure they are appreciating them as much as they should.

He he he so I'm not the only one who does that????? cool
  • ...you cry with ¨BLACK¨...
    From Montevideo, Uruguay.
  • ...when your dominant hand is 10 degrees cooler than the rest of your body because of poor circulation due to all the mouse clicking you do on the forum, youtube, ect!

Jeez...i need a hot pack! :lol:
    Be Kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle
    if you bought a copy of the backspacer rock band when you don't actually own rockband
    I read this ages ago. And I always want to say, To DUDE, "I want to do that but just have'nt."