You know you're a PJ Fanatic when...

Comments

• nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    When your wife tells friends "my husband has about 400 Pearl Jam bootlegs all in cases with covers in their own rack"

They say "never heard of them".

I then think they are special needs candidates.
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    when you hunt ebay everyday hoping none else sees a bargin...http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PEARL-JAM-GOT-SOM ... .m14...not a bargin but the next single is
    and you think you're a PJ fanatic when you put a £60 max bid on Mexico 3 2003? Then you realise you're not that big a fanatic when the fucker goes for £117.
  • RaeleighRaeleigh Posts: 137
    Update:

When you have made it to

1. Toronto
    2. Chicago 1
    3. Chicago 2
    4. Outsidelands
    5. Seattle 1
    6. Seattle 2
    -7. Salt Lake (tickets went unused due to lack of travel funds :( )
    8. ACL
    9. LA 3
    10. LA 4
    -11. SD (tickets went unused due to rental car problems :( )
    12-15. Upcoming Philly 1-4

on this tour and have amassed over $10,000 of credit card debt that you definitely cannot afford in order to do so...
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    Your just trying to make us jelouse!
    Well, I am anyway :?
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I am also jealous.

I started thinking today it would be a really, really, good idea do some compilation cd's of my favourite songs from PJ over the years to give to friends for christmas.

However, as none of them are fans, and the only thing they know about them is that I like them - not sure if they'll appreciate it.
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    When you launch your BIGPOND Internet browser and all you see is the artwork from Backspacer, and you break out in a cold sweat thinking, ' this is it, I've lost it, I'm heading to the looney bin'............ :wtf:
    Phew, it was just a comp for free tix. :lol:
  • Jo wrote:
    When you launch your BIGPOND Internet browser and all you see is the artwork from Backspacer, and you break out in a cold sweat thinking, ' this is it, I've lost it, I'm heading to the looney bin'............ :wtf:
    Phew, it was just a comp for free tix. :lol:
    haha - nice one. although it's quite possible many of us start up internet explorer to see backspacer artwork due to tc being their homepage - i'm considering doing this, but fear that this is the first real step in the direction of pearl jam-related psychosis...
    Sydney 3 1998; Brisbane 1 2003; Sydney 1/2/3 2003; Brisbane 1/2 2006; Sydney 1/2/3 2006; Melbourne 1/2 2006; Adelaide 2009; EV Solo Sydney 1 2011.
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    was watching the alcs ballgame and the fixer video was on..
    i was like i have a bootleg of this commercial. may not seem like much..but think about it. its fairly ridiculous
  • was watching the alcs ballgame and the fixer video was on..
    i was like i have a bootleg of this commercial. may not seem like much..but think about it. its fairly ridiculous

Yea i saw that too! I was in a room of about 10 people and I made everybody clam up so I could blast it :lol:
    MSG - 6/25/08 EV Solo Tower Theatre - 06/11/09
    Philly 2 - 10/28/09 Philly 3 - 10/30/09
    Philly 4 - 10/31/09
    Boston 1 - 05/17/10
    PruCenter - 05/18/10
    MSG 1 - 05/20/10
    MSG 2 - 05/21/10
    Alpine1 - 09/03/11 Alpine2 - 09/04/11
  • when a magazine in Greece u never read or buy in the past put pearl jam in front cover and u buy 40 copys of 8 euros each just for send it to friends for make them happy..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • when a magazine in Greece u never read or buy in the past put pearl jam in front cover and u buy 40 copys of 8 euros each just for send it to friends for make them happy..
    i'm sure it made you happier than them dimitri - but big up ya, well done! :)
    Sydney 3 1998; Brisbane 1 2003; Sydney 1/2/3 2003; Brisbane 1/2 2006; Sydney 1/2/3 2006; Melbourne 1/2 2006; Adelaide 2009; EV Solo Sydney 1 2011.
    its the same..me happy-friends happy-all happy!!! :D
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    its the same..me happy-friends happy-all happy!!! :D
    give us some of that happy happy happy boyo! :D
  • Macca.Macca. Posts: 19
    He he, good thread.

. . . you spend a couple of hours deliberating over and arranging, then rearranging your top 50 PJ songs. I still feel bad about 18 songs that I had to leave out. :P
  • give us some of that happy happy happy boyo! :D
    :D
    You have a mild panic attack because you think you've lost your copy of Binaural.

(did eventually find it on the shelf with the other cd's :roll: )
  • Claireack wrote:
    You have a mild panic attack because you think you've lost your copy of Binaural.

(did eventually find it on the shelf with the other cd's :roll: )
    OH!! MAN..HOW ARE U NOW? ALL OK? U RUN SOME TESTS? :lol:
  • EvergreenEvergreen Posts: 492
    Macca. wrote:
    He he, good thread.

. . . you spend a couple of hours deliberating over and arranging, then rearranging your top 50 PJ songs. I still feel bad about 18 songs that I had to leave out. :P

Fuck that! I tried to do that and make a PJ Favorites playlist and ended up with 75 songs. I REALLY wanted it at 50, but it was hard enough to scale down to 75.
    :D
    Claireack wrote:

(did eventually find it on the shelf with the other cd's )

OH!! MAN..HOW ARE U NOW? ALL OK? U RUN SOME TESTS?

Had a lie down and I'm much better now thank you. :oops:
  • Claireack wrote:
    Claireack wrote:

(did eventually find it on the shelf with the other cd's )

OH!! MAN..HOW ARE U NOW? ALL OK? U RUN SOME TESTS?

Had a lie down and I'm much better now thank you. :oops:
    oufff...thank God!!!
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    your a pj fanatic when you could go see seven bands that you really like for the price of one ticket for pj but your still able to justify in your mind somehow to go to four or five in a row...
  • You spend HOURS organizing pj rarities tracks on your itunes. You seriously think you need help for your pj-OCD.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• per my fiance......"when you have an autographed picture of Eddie Vedder next to your family portraits." ( see picture below)

http://yfrog.com/eaimg00105200910201700j
    6.19.08 Camden 1
    6.24.08 MSG 1
    8.05.08 EV NYC 2 (3rd Row)
    5.18.10 Newark
    5.20.10 MSG 1
    5.21.10 MSG 2
    6.21.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    6.22.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    9.02.12 Made In America Festival, Philly
    10.18.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
    10.19.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
  • per my fiance......"when you have an autographed picture of Eddie Vedder next to your family portraits." ( see picture below)

Ain't nothing wrong with that!
    Be Kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle
  • GibsonGibson Posts: 2,635
    per my fiance......"when you have an autographed picture of Eddie Vedder next to your family portraits." ( see picture below)

I've only read about 30 of these, but he wins.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2, Noblesville, Wrigley 1&2

• megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    Gibson wrote:
    per my fiance......"when you have an autographed picture of Eddie Vedder next to your family portraits." ( see picture below)

I've only read about 30 of these, but he wins.
    :lol:
    awesome
  • IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    Seeing an ad for Sony with the word lowlight in an ad for football twilight pics and the words car crash fly into my brain....

Also, any time I see two birds flying I start to sing Lowlight! This is really not healthy!
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • When during every single free moment you could spend with your boyfriend/girlfriend, you keep on talking about PJ saying:

"Come and look at this video! Can't you see how fantastic they are???!They are much better than Soundgarden! Chris Cornell is a shit, now he is making music with Timbaland!"

while you are listening to Backspacer and searching for new videos on youtube.

After this your boyfriend/girlfriend will start hating PJ even if before he liked them.

This is exactly what happened to me, but I am happy so next time I will go to a PJ concert maybe I will go without him.
    Maybe this could be a good strategy to adopt if you want to quit with your partner but you do not know how to do that.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    you finally feel at home here