You know you're a PJ Fanatic when...

RGarabed21RGarabed21 Posts: 467
edited February 2010 in The Porch
If you've ever seen the list "You know you're a Jam Head when.." than you'll understand how this works. I found it alot of fun to read and thought it would be cool to start one here on the Forum. Basically shows the little things we all do proving we are PJ FANATICS!!! I'll start it off to show you all what Im talking about. (Also, this is my first Topic so go easy on me if you think its lame :lol: )

You know you're a PJ Fanatic when..
You go through other people's iPods and the first thing you look for is IF they have any PJ on it and how much. Then silently judge them when they have only 2 SONGS!

or

You get excited anytime you see the word PEARL in a sentence!

:lol::lol: ENJOY!!!
MSG - 6/25/08 EV Solo Tower Theatre - 06/11/09
Philly 2 - 10/28/09 Philly 3 - 10/30/09
Philly 4 - 10/31/09
Boston 1 - 05/17/10
PruCenter - 05/18/10
MSG 1 - 05/20/10
MSG 2 - 05/21/10
Alpine1 - 09/03/11 Alpine2 - 09/04/11
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SpagsSpags Posts: 3,031
    ...you wish that Eddi Reader would stop making records.
    Nature drunk and High
  • You spend about 2 hours going through your bootlegs in an attempt to find the best 'cinnamon girl' tag on I Got Shit!

N.B - In my opinion its Hamburg 96!
    "I get into a state of consciousness that I can't explain. It is about feeling and not thinking. I get positive chills and insight into things that I can't get to any other way. It is Healing of the Soul." - Mike McCready
  • ...when you delete multiple gigabytes of work documents so that you can fit more bootlegs on your company laptop, which is functioning as your disaster recovery area for your PJ collection.
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    You sit here on the forums while your kids need bath/dinner/bed
  • When you would sell the clothes on your back to go see them live!
  • when your at work and supposed to be working and your actually on this message board instead!
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • When you haven't listened to anything other than Backspacer for a week and a half.
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    i date a girl and i think shes just listening to pj to impress me..but i know she doesn't "get it"...

yea
  • You spend the 13th anniversary of your first Pearl Jam concert at Randall’s Island on September 29, 1996 listening to the opening set while drinking Oktoberfest and you get so much energy from it you to to the YMCA to exercise and in the middle of a forearm curl you realize you’re drunk and you go home and listen to the encores.
  • ...you wish that Eddi Reader would stop making records.

So true. Earlier this summer I mentioned to friends (who aren't Pearl Jam fans) that PJ were touring the UK and it would be cool if Ed could fit in a solo show somewhere along the way, to which their jaws dropped wide open as they couldn't belive that I hadn't seen that Ed was making a solo performance at Guilfest in Surrey. Of course I rushed to the nearest PC to check this out/book my tickets, and of course it was ...

Took a while to calm down after that one.

You know you're a PJ Fanatic when...your local picture framer refers to you and your partner as Mr & Mrs Pearl Jam.
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    when it only take you 30 minutes to get to work, but you leave 6 minutes early so you can jam to all of Backspacer !

:?
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    ... you spend about 3 hours in work making a spreadsheet with how many times you've seen different songs live. In the lead with 14 times each are Do The Evolution, Given To Fly and Why Go.
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • When your friends look thru your car cd wallet and all they see is PJ BOOTS & BACKSPACER, and they ask do you listen to anything else ? to wich i reply not for the next 4months :mrgreen::lol::lol: or refuse to throw away that special TSHIRT from the 95 tour :mrgreen: it's see thru now :oops: ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • ^^ how about when you burn copies of all your boots because you don't want to wear out the originals, then you place them in their own CD wallet with index cards for each disc containing the Date / Venue / track listing.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    ...when Brad Paisley pisses you off.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    you make little business cards with the picture of your PRLJAMN license plate and hand them out at your 35th class reunion just to spread the PJ word
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    When your friends look thru your car cd wallet and all they see is PJ BOOTS & BACKSPACER, and they ask do you listen to anything else ? to wich i reply not for the next 4months :mrgreen::lol::lol: or refuse to throw away that special TSHIRT from the 95 tour :mrgreen: it's see thru now :oops: ..
    don't tell me you still wear it

the image i have in my head is rather disturbing
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• When your kids ask you why Radio Disney has no Pearl Jam

When your six year old corrects you on the lyrics to Backspacer
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • You know you're a PJ Fanatic when... a new album comes out you listen to it constantly and the only time you deviate it's to listen to the rest of their catalogue :D

OR

You know you're a PJ Fanatic when... you're on line to see them at Irving Plaza and a guy is offering $1000 for a ticket and you just laugh to yourself thinkin, Not for $1,000,000 buddy! :D
    Oh, if I knew where it was, I would take you there, but there's much more than this.
    Ooooh. Whoooa, much more than this. Woooh see the world. Much more than... Oooh, much more than.. Why?
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    When you go shopping in your faded No Code T-shirt and notice a poster on the bank window about a quiz night with the crew from an oldies radio station ( 6PR ) offering first prize as " Tickets to Pearl Jam with a Limo" and even though you got 3 extra tickets to that concert, ...........................
    Breathe...............
    Get a group organised for that Quiz night. 8-)
  • You teach a prenatal class and introduce the "Unthought Known" and Blue brain theory to your students and tell them how you are privy to the information. :D
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    The day after the concert you show all your patients at work, the 10 seconds and 1 still that you managed to take before your battery ran out. Most of them are over 65 and nod politely.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Where can I find the list the OP was talking about?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    When you're pissed with half of your friends because they said stuff like:

I liked ten when it came out but I rather listen to the smashing pumpkins.
    Are they still playing!?!
    yield was his last good record...
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Newch91 wrote:
    http://pjvault.com/jamhead.html
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • You know you're a PJ fan when...

...you know all the lyrics to the new album the day after it's dropped

...you constantly think you're above everybody else cause you know more about PJ than non-10 clubbers and you have to sound pretentious when showing off some PJ trivia.

...you bitch about 10c, then after they deliver, you realize how much you take the 10c for granted, but then you bitch again when something else upsets you...(it's a vicious cycle)

...you bitch about all the posts bitching

...you fuckin love this band
  • ...Every day at work you make sure you have the 10c website always up as one of your tabs in Firefox
    :lol::lol:
    MSG - 6/25/08 EV Solo Tower Theatre - 06/11/09
    Philly 2 - 10/28/09 Philly 3 - 10/30/09
    Philly 4 - 10/31/09
    Boston 1 - 05/17/10
    PruCenter - 05/18/10
    MSG 1 - 05/20/10
    MSG 2 - 05/21/10
    Alpine1 - 09/03/11 Alpine2 - 09/04/11
  • joebotjoebot Posts: 372
    PJMEMama wrote:
    When you haven't listened to anything other than Backspacer for a week and a half.

EXACTLY !!!!
  • RGarabed21 wrote:
    ...Every day at work you make sure you have the 10c website always up as one of your tabs in Firefox
    :lol::lol:

So my 4 tabs are over the top?
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Newch91 wrote:
    http://pjvault.com/jamhead.html

Thank you.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful