You know you're a PJ Fanatic when...

15678911»

Comments

• Bump30Bump30 Posts: 446
    RGarabed21 wrote:
    ..when you're in a store, restaurant whatever and you hear a PJ song come on their speakers and you do a quick look around to see if anybody else notices :D

and then when nobody else does, you poke whoever you're with and make them acknowledge the awesomeness :lol:

I've so done this!!!
    Toronto - 2009
    Hartford - 2010
    Ed Solo - Hartford - 2011
    Toronto X 2, Ottawa & Hamilton - 2011
    Ed Solo - Jacksonville - 2012
    London, Pittsburgh & Buffalo - 2013
    No shows in 2014 :-(
  • GibsonGibson Posts: 2,634
    ...one of their songs comes on the radio and everyone else in the room looks at you, expecting that you'll be jumping up and down like it's the 1st time anyone has ever heard it.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2, Noblesville, Wrigley 1&2

• Gibson wrote:
    ...one of their songs comes on the radio and everyone else in the room looks at you, expecting that you'll be jumping up and down like it's the 1st time anyone has ever heard it.

I wish they made a stupid spray to resolve those moments.....I hate that feeling......like the world stops for them to see your reaction, and you gotta give a quarter assed smile and a "Hhhmmm, yeah, I hear it..."
    Formally known as Tackalac before being formally known as Vedderwt,,,,....release my old name and posts....

I saw a wino eating grapes, I said, "Dude, you have to wait"
  • when........One day, you do a decent sized load of laundry, and every FUCKING shirt is from Pearl Jam.

when........One Day, you walk into a massive arena, and for a blissful minute you somehow have relegated reality and convince yourself to feel (with a preternatural buzz) as if you are the biggest fan in the whole place.....It's all downhill from there.....
    Formally known as Tackalac before being formally known as Vedderwt,,,,....release my old name and posts....

I saw a wino eating grapes, I said, "Dude, you have to wait"
  • Gibson wrote:
    :lol::lol: that's hilarious

...when you watch one of the live DVDs and actually work up a sweat from dancing and singing along like you're there
    (watching Live at the Garden) :D
    MSG - 6/25/08 EV Solo Tower Theatre - 06/11/09
    Philly 2 - 10/28/09 Philly 3 - 10/30/09
    Philly 4 - 10/31/09
    Boston 1 - 05/17/10
    PruCenter - 05/18/10
    MSG 1 - 05/20/10
    MSG 2 - 05/21/10
    Alpine1 - 09/03/11 Alpine2 - 09/04/11
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    When the Hawaiian Tropic girls ask you to be the oil boy for their 6 month tour and you decline because you gotta go see PJ live.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • You know your a PJ fanatic when you...
    Name your two dogs Pearl and Vedder
    Spend your whole life savings to travel to europe to follow Pearl Jam....
    Have an email address that starts with pearljam
    1998 Sydney
    2003 Sydney x 3
    2006 Sydney x 3
    2009 Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney
    2010 Dublin , Belfast, Berlin, Venice
    2011 Eddie Vedder Solo - Newcastle, Sydney x 3
  • slingsling Posts: 169
    When no matter what concert you're at, whichever friend you're with will turn to you & go, "I bet you're thinking, 'Well, that's no Eddie Vedder/Pearl Jam', right?"

And of course, you WERE thinking that.
  • Spend your whole life savings to travel to europe to follow Pearl Jam....

jealous, but happy for you at the same time...one day...
    I am mine
  • When you TRULY believe that you arte the ONLY one that the most wonderful songs on the planet were written for. My wife tolerates my obsession, but doesn't get it.
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    AS220860 wrote:
    When you TRULY believe that you arte the ONLY one that the most wonderful songs on the planet were written for. My wife tolerates my obsession, but doesn't get it.

:lol::lol: This was ME, until I entered the whole sordid world of Internet........ :?
    how quickly the world of PJ closed in, and now I'm just jelouse you lot know more and have more than me!.. :lol:
  • kseyksey Posts: 8
    when your college roommate tells you over the phone before you move in that she loves pearl jam, and as soon as you find out that "i love pearl jam" translates to "i have wishlist on my ipod" you know the two of you can never be friends. and then later, when your hatred of her has fully developed, she sings a part of pearl jam song that she knows because you sing it so much, and the very thought of eddie vedder's words coming out of that hag's mouth makes you so angry that your head might explode.
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    You know your a PJ fanatic when you...

I have a dog named Ledbetter
    I am spending half a lifes savings to go to Europe this summer
    Most passwords are pj related.

AND, when you would rather hear a poor reception of Jeremy than anything else on your other 11 fm stations
    like this morning.
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • lettinggo wrote:
    You know your a PJ fanatic when you...

I have a dog named Ledbetter
    I am spending half a lifes savings to go to Europe this summer
    Most passwords are pj related.

AND, when you would rather hear a poor reception of Jeremy than anything else on your other 11 fm stations
    like this morning.

Woow we'll at least i know im not the only crazi one...lol

I saw them 4 times in Oz in November but that has only enhanced my appetite for more PJ..where you from buddy?
    1998 Sydney
    2003 Sydney x 3
    2006 Sydney x 3
    2009 Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney
    2010 Dublin , Belfast, Berlin, Venice
    2011 Eddie Vedder Solo - Newcastle, Sydney x 3
  • ksey wrote:
    when your college roommate tells you over the phone before you move in that she loves pearl jam, and as soon as you find out that "i love pearl jam" translates to "i have wishlist on my ipod" you know the two of you can never be friends. and then later, when your hatred of her has fully developed, she sings a part of pearl jam song that she knows because you sing it so much, and the very thought of eddie vedder's words coming out of that hag's mouth makes you so angry that your head might explode.

LOL! :lol: Welcome to the board. :D
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
  • You see a box of Kix Cereal and you sing, "Got some 'kix' wanna take a ride, yeah!"

I work in a grocery store so this occurs daily.
    Fan of singer songwriters who push musical boundaries?
    You need to hear this new artist!
    Visit www.daveshowmusic.com