You know you're a PJ Fanatic when...

Comments

• when you know most of the names in here and what their avatar looks like before you going a tread
    true that!!! :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    Me too, It is nice to see YOU people here.

You know when your a Fanatic when you have to start a whole new Thread talking about Pearl Jam, even though there is enough of them already. :oops:
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    You have a patient in at work called Mccready and you snigger to yourself that her husband might be called Mike.
  • ....your hubby stay's home to babysit the kids so that you can see PJ in Philly without him, because the sitter, had to cancel at the last minute (Grandma), as she is taking care of your dad, who has just had surgery for cancer and hubby knows you need a night to....Just breath to Release for Once not in front of your Daughter the Oceans Amongst the waves Deep in the Garden of Unthought known.....can't wait for 10/31 :P
    96 - Randall's Island, NY
    00 - Wantagh, NY
    03 - Uniondale,NY/MSG/Holmdel, NJ
    05 - Ottawa,ON, Canada/Atlantic City, NJ
    06 - Hartford, CT/E. Rutherford, NJ
    08 - MSG/Hartford, CT
    09 - Chicago, IL/Philly, PA
    10 - Hartford,CT/Newark, NJ/MSG
    11 - East Troy, WI
    13 - Chicago, IL/Brooklyn, NY/Seattle, WA
    14 - Stockholm/Oslo
    15 - New York, NY
    16 - New York/Boston
    17 - Brooklyn, NY 
    18 - Seattle/Boston
    22 - MSG/Nashville
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    just watched ski school on mute with pearl jam on shuffle.
    it all came together floyd and wizard of oz

its mainly one giant party montage but at the end they dropped a PARTY MOUNTAIN banner and right on cue mountain song from austin boot came on and made my day

im not high
  • ...when you've been sitting at your desk at work for a couple hours doing NOTHING but thinking about the 3 days of MADNESS that is upon you starting tomorrow!!!!
    MSG - 6/25/08 EV Solo Tower Theatre - 06/11/09
    Philly 2 - 10/28/09 Philly 3 - 10/30/09
    Philly 4 - 10/31/09
    Boston 1 - 05/17/10
    PruCenter - 05/18/10
    MSG 1 - 05/20/10
    MSG 2 - 05/21/10
    Alpine1 - 09/03/11 Alpine2 - 09/04/11
  • when u think that all your friends are in Philly right now at the pre-parties and u say to your self im not listen pj music today for not think that and u put Binaural in the pc to play
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • when u think that all your friends are in Philly right now at the pre-parties and u say to your self im not listen pj music today for not think that and u put Binaural in the pc to play

:lol::lol: couldnt resist could you D?
    Philly 4 - 10/31/09
    Boston 1 - 05/17/10
    PruCenter - 05/18/10
    MSG 1 - 05/20/10
    MSG 2 - 05/21/10
  • RGarabed21 wrote:
    when u think that all your friends are in Philly right now at the pre-parties and u say to your self im not listen pj music today for not think that and u put Binaural in the pc to play

:lol::lol: couldnt resist could you D?
    :lol::lol::lol: ..and they fuckin play Ghost!!!!!!! :cry::cry::cry:
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    When you watch a BORING hour long tv show just because there is a chance of seeing Ed speak for 30 seconds...and it was well worth it.

When your grandson is comparing his version of Yellow Ledbetter lyrics with yours.

When the first thing you do each morning, even before you hit the bathroom, is to quickly check out 10C, and your PJ (multiple PJ group) Facebook pages for ANY Tour News!

When you spend an entire 2 hour trip on the turnpike switching stations to find anything PJ related because the only PJ CD you have in the car "somehow" got a big gouge in it and won't play...and you're GOING to find out WHO did that!!! hehehehheeee

....and anyway..WHO moved my PJ CDs and why are they not in my car...ugghhhhhh

When you hound your kids to renew their 10C memberships before they lapse so as to have as many chances as possible for the best seats should a ticket sale occur...

When your "home page" on your browser includes 10C, multiple PJ Facebook Groups, ATS, and your Gmail so that you don't stand a chance of missing anything

When you just can't go to sleep before checking the thread ONE more time

Oh man, this is disturbing....
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • wave off the Deep fanzine photo guy for later tour fanzine page only to then page through & see an ex gf in the front rows at another stop on the same tour!
    04-22-92
    08-04-92
    03-28-94
    08-09-00
    08-27-00
    04-13-03
    06-12-08

"maybe it me or it maybe you"
    When your out at your mates, and when they get in the shower to get ready for a night out on the town, sneak on thier computer and come see if your missing out on anything.....
    :wave:
    right, gotta go.... :D
  • Yield72Yield72 Posts: 193
    When I saw this picture:

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/4527/hpim1050.jpg

And this one:

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/266/hpim1336d.jpg

And get the conclusion that I have more things that the ones that are here.... :mrgreen:
    I'm myself like you somehow.....
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    When you dress your (8) yr old son, like Eddie Vedder.
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • ...when you fly thousands of miles just for one PJ show, right before the start of school exams

...when you think that everyone of your friends should listen to PJ and you feel pissed off that many of them don't
  • When you know the different ad-libs to songs from specific shows.

I.E. VA Beach 00 - DTE "I'm George Bush and my son is an asshole"
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • You laugh at the crazy lady who is telling her friend the complete history of Patrick Swayze... and then you think "this is what I sound like when I'm talking about Pearl Jam," and are embarrassed, but only for a second, because there is nothing embarrassing about knowing your Pearl Jam.

You refer to Eddie in nearly every conversation and assume people know who you are talking about even when you don't use his last name or reference the band.

When you were 14, your group won the quiz at school camp because you were the only one there who knew the name Eddie had before he was Eddie Vedder.

You saw Pearl Jam live 2 months ago and are still on the Pearl Jam high.
  • when random people track you down on facebook after many years and one of the questions you get asked every time is 'Are you still obsessed with Pearl Jam'..might not mean much with the 1st person to do it, but when you get to 8 or so to ask a similar question.. you start to think that maybe..just maybe.. you do/did have a bit of a problem...oh well, at least I'm remembered for something honourable! lol..

...when friends look you up on facebook after many years and ask you if your husband is a singer in a band...because you posted the pic you took of eddie at the most recent concert on your facebook profile..(yes, one friend had no idea who it was)..and you have to sheepishly answer no...I don't have any pics of my husband on my facebook page..I have pics of a singer in this little ol' band. sad huh.

...when you refuse your toddlers begging to listen to the wiggles in the car because you selfishly listen to the same pj mixtape you have been listening to for the last 10 months....everyday...

I could keep going...been great to read the other comments..thanks guys, I don't feel like such a freak now..love this forum...great thread idea..
    I am mine
  • Yield72 wrote:
    When I saw this picture:

And this one:

And get the conclusion that I have more things that the ones that are here.... :mrgreen:

LOVE IT!!
    I am mine
  • When you use words like 'preternatural' in everyday life!
    London #1 2000, Reading 2006, London 2007, London 2009, London 2010, Manchester #1 2012, Manchester #2 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Milton Keynes 2014, London #2 2017 (EV), London #1 2018, London #2 2018, London #1 2022, London #2 2022, Manchester 2024.
  • You see a picturre of a cross section of a scrotum with Hydrocele (fluid in the crotum) and think looks like an avocado
    Mike McCready makes the energizer bunny look tired.
  • ...you hang out here every single day until the next tour gets announced
  • ..when you're in a store, restaurant whatever and you hear a PJ song come on their speakers and you do a quick look around to see if anybody else notices :D

and then when nobody else does, you poke whoever you're with and make them acknowledge the awesomeness :lol:
    Philly 4 - 10/31/09
    Boston 1 - 05/17/10
    PruCenter - 05/18/10
    MSG 1 - 05/20/10
    MSG 2 - 05/21/10
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    didntknow wrote:
    Yield72 wrote:
    When I saw this picture:

And this one:

LOVE IT!!

yeah, many of us could start our own "PJ Merch Hoaders" reality show...

(heck I'd watch it!)

:D
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • ...when you use the whole song of Love Boat Captain for a speech in your public speaking college class.. and get an A.. that was a given haha

...when you read all of these posts and laugh out loud realizing you do the same thing
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    when leading up to a show you have thought like...

"the shampoo i just bought is the shampoo i'll take up to auckland when i see pearl jam!"

or

"i just filled my car up with petrol. i won't fill it up again until i'm on the way to PEARL JAM!"

etc.
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    didntknow wrote:
    when friends look you up on facebook after many years and ask you if your husband is a singer in a band...because you posted the pic you took of eddie at the most recent concert on your facebook profile..

This just might be the funniest shit I read here today...
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
    When some poor person starts a thread saying PJ were better before 03, and you actually want to fly over to them and slap them till they come around to your way of thinking...... 8-)
  • Yield72Yield72 Posts: 193
    locked wrote:
    didntknow wrote:
    Yield72 wrote:
    When I saw this picture:

And this one:

LOVE IT!!

yeah, many of us could start our own "PJ Merch Hoaders" reality show...

(heck I'd watch it!)

:D

Nice idea :D
    I'm myself like you somehow.....
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    ...when you friends who aren't PJ fans fight with their coworkers to ensure that you will get the huge Backspacer promo board from Target!

...when EV posters displace the wedding picture
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23