You know you're a PJ Fanatic when...

Comments

• I've taken down most of the family photos and replaced them with concert posters...aol pj on at work ...
    car full of boots ...the list goes on...but its all good...right :D
  • your friend who is not really fan says they liked the clips being played on TV ....so you buy they a copy of backspacer
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • When you skip school to fly 200 miles by yourself to see Pearl Jam in Chicago. :)
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Posts: 3,889
    when you spend 85 % of the working time in this forum, 8 % googeling for PJ related news, 6 % looking for artwork for the older PJ-bootlegs and 1 % bitching about how exhausting work is today!!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • redeyeredeye Posts: 620
    not sure if this is posted, but im around $1500 dollars in debt, due to my obsession with pj album vinyl,
    bootlegs, cds, 7 " vinyl, 12 " vinyl, posters...... :D
  • Chrisilein wrote:
    when you spend 85 % of the working time in this forum, 8 % googeling for PJ related news, 6 % looking for artwork for the older PJ-bootlegs and 1 % bitching about how exhausting work is today!!

Holy crap you just summed up my day to a T!!!

...When you still haven't forgiven your older sister who canceled her 10c membership back in 96 after being a member for 2 years. :x :x :x
    MSG - 6/25/08 EV Solo Tower Theatre - 06/11/09
    Philly 2 - 10/28/09 Philly 3 - 10/30/09
    Philly 4 - 10/31/09
    Boston 1 - 05/17/10
    PruCenter - 05/18/10
    MSG 1 - 05/20/10
    MSG 2 - 05/21/10
    Alpine1 - 09/03/11 Alpine2 - 09/04/11
  • brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
    ...you go to an outdoor wedding held at an actual vineyard this past summer. the band's equipment setup is pretty sweet (we're talking cool amps, red drums with a big star on the bass drum, etc.). they haven't played yet, but you're drunk. you're having a great time laughing with family and friends at the cocktail hour. You're drinking homemade punch! you're trying oysters for the first time in your life! you're uncle is being a jackass! it's awesome. and then you start to get this overwhelming melancholy feeling once the band begins to play. you take a sip of the vineyard's wine, then actually stare at the band equipment for a long time and wish you were someplace else holding a ticket.

true story.
  • joebot wrote:
    PJMEMama wrote:
    When you haven't listened to anything other than Backspacer for a week and a half.

EXACTLY !!!!

I liked that one too!
    Walk Tall, Kick Ass, Learn to Speak Arabic, Love Music, and Never Forget You Come From a Long Line of Truth Seekers, Lovers, and Warriors. HST

CHILLIN LIKE BOB DYLAN!!!
  • Chrisilein wrote:

Too funny.
  • You decide that you're going to ALL 4 Philly shows because of the off chance you might miss a cool rare song played live and you just can't risk that chance that you missed it because you didn't go all out. :D
  • when at the family reunion in 2000, your 4 year old son blurts out the correct words to Porch from the microphone during the kid's talent portion when all the other kids are singing Barney, Mr Rogers, and Disney songs and everyone slowly turns and stares at you before he even gets to the first "would you hit me" line as he proceeds to finish the entire song including the oh, oh , awwwwwwww screams and featuring an air guitar McCready solo in the middle - all playing from a tape recorder in his little head and you are embarassed but really proud of him at the same time. :lol:
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• when at the family reunion in 2000, your 4 year old son blurts out the correct words to Porch from the microphone during the kid's talent portion when all the other kids are singing Barney, Mr Rogers, and Disney songs and everyone slowly turns and stares at you before he even gets to the first "would you hit me" line as he proceeds to finish the entire song including the oh, oh , awwwwwwww screams and featuring an air guitar McCready solo in the middle - all playing from a tape recorder in his little head and you are embarassed but really proud of him at the same time.

^^^ funniest thing ever. I would be so proud.

I'm flying from Pittsburgh to LA by myself to see the show tomorrow.
    Also got into a seriously heated argument with some jackass at work claiming that he went to a PJ show in the 'Burgh last summer, which obviously could not be the case because they didn't come here last year, and I would know if they did, and he just would not let up. So I punched him. Jk. I just made him look like an ass with my jaw dropping PJ knowledge. Haha

I don't know about anyone else, but everytime I see PJ play, I get this insane deja vu of my first show and it makes me feel 17 again :D
  • When you read every one of these posts to see who all you identify (and realize it's multiple) ...

And then you wanna take Tuolumne Mama's kid to Toys R' Us to treat him on a job well done.

;)
    If you hate something,
    Don't you do it, too.
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    krymsin wrote:
    ...And then you wanna take Tuolumne Mama's kid to Toys R' Us to treat him on a job well done. ;)

+1!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Thank you everyone, but he is now 13 and will be seeing his 4th and 5th PJ shows in Philly on the 30th and 31st and is also a member here now, RidintheLedbetterRiff. For anyone at the Baltimore 1 show he was the kid in the 10th row with a Stickman shirt, cargo camo shorts and doc's circa 1992 that stood up and put his arms in the air, closing his eyes and sang along when Ed started playing Porch - highlight of the Baltimore shows for him, LOL! If it wouldn't embarass him so much, I would bring the video of his Porch 2000 version to the Philly pre-parties for the rest of you to enjoy but he will be there with me. Maybe in a couple of years it won't be as embarassing for him.
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• FANnCAFANnCA Posts: 107
    when the only time you listen to the radio is when you know they are in CA just in case a secret show gets announced
  • great post R.Garabed, great post.

You know your a fanatic when you immediately make eye contact with anyone that utters the word Pearl Jam, PJ, or Eddie Vedder.
  • TW306728 wrote:
    great post R.Garabed, great post.

You know your a fanatic when you immediately make eye contact with anyone that utters the word Pearl Jam, PJ, or Eddie Vedder.

Thanks Tommy :lol::lol:
    It's about time you started contributing to the Forum!!!
    MSG - 6/25/08 EV Solo Tower Theatre - 06/11/09
    Philly 2 - 10/28/09 Philly 3 - 10/30/09
    Philly 4 - 10/31/09
    Boston 1 - 05/17/10
    PruCenter - 05/18/10
    MSG 1 - 05/20/10
    MSG 2 - 05/21/10
    Alpine1 - 09/03/11 Alpine2 - 09/04/11
  • When your reading these posts & holding your cursor over the minimize tab in case a coworker walks into you office.

&

The whole non-stop backspacer listening thing.
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    When you start to play a boot of a concert you've been to for the first time and burst into tears when they start the opening song .... you want to be back there.

Just happened about 3 mins ago. :cry:
  • you decapitate your ex wife and her friend ron goldman because she lost your Ten CD.
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    you listen to a bootleg in your car on your way home, and you go 15 minutes out of your way so that you can make it to the encore break before you shut you're car off.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • you listen to a bootleg in your car on your way home, and you go 15 minutes out of your way so that you can make it to the encore break before you shut you're car off.

HA HA know exactly what you mean. Sometimes we even sit in front of the house parked and keep head bobbing and singing until the very end.

• When you read this thread and think, wait that's not normal?
    Uniondale - Apr 30, 2003 Camden - Jul 06, 2003 Holmdel - Jul 14, 2003 Boston - Sep 28, 2004 Montreal - Sep 15, 2005 Philly - Oct 03, 2005 East Rutherford Jun 03, 2006 MSG - Jun 24-25 2008 Philly Oct 27-31, 2009 Newark - May 18, 2010 MSG - May 20-21, 2010
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3-4, 2011 Philly - Sept 2, 2012 Brooklyn - Oct 18-19, 2013 Philly - Oct 21-22, 2013 LA - Nov 23-24, 2013 New York -Sept 26, 2015 Fort Lauderdale - Apr 8, 2016 Miami - Apr 9, 2016 Philly - Apr 28-29, 2016 MSG - May 1-2, 2016 Fenway - Aug 5-7, 2016
    Brooklyn - Apr 7, 2017 Fenway - Sept 3-4, 2018 

• When you read this post and realize there are others like us out out here who love pearl Jam and not a day go's by that we don't listen to the best Band of it's generation. ohh also if you sometimes wear a different PJ shirt for everyday of the week.
  • you're 4 year old daughter is at her sister's party with 10 girls singing to Hannah Montana & she walks up to the man in charge of the music and says "I don't want to listen to this. Do you have any Pearl Jam?" :D That's my girl!
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790
    edited September 2009
    You’re pumping gas and have a live version of WMA blasting in the car when a stranger walks over and asks what show it is from. You realize that you and said stranger were at the same show, end up talking about Pearl Jam for an hour, exchange phone numbers, then race home to tell your wife that you just made a new Pearl Jam friend.
    Post edited by JD Sal on
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"
  • you're 4 year old daughter is at her sister's party with 10 girls singing to Hannah Montana & she walks up to the man in charge of the music and says "I don't want to listen to this. Do you have any Pearl Jam?" :D That's my girl!
    Would she like to meet my 6 year old??
    Knows all of Backspacer by heart...
    GoiMTvP.gif
    Would she like to meet my 6 year old??
    Knows all of Backspacer by heart...
    Mine is almost there - love hearing them sing the words they "think" are the actual lyrics! Who knows - maybe they will be sitting together in 10c seats in the near future! :D She's not happy that she's not going to the Spectrum show!
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • ...when you've flown into Philadelphia THREE times for no other reason than to see Pearl Jam.
    (And you are flying in again in little under a month!)

...when you plan your vacations around Pearl Jam tour stops