You know you're a PJ Fanatic when...

Comments

• ...its a toss up between making your car payment or buying tix to a show. Sorry Toyota..
    :lol::lol:
    MSG - 6/25/08 EV Solo Tower Theatre - 06/11/09
    Philly 2 - 10/28/09 Philly 3 - 10/30/09
    Philly 4 - 10/31/09
    Boston 1 - 05/17/10
    PruCenter - 05/18/10
    MSG 1 - 05/20/10
    MSG 2 - 05/21/10
    Alpine1 - 09/03/11 Alpine2 - 09/04/11
  • you don't go to work for days because today MIGHT be the day the tickets go up for an immediate presale... :lol:
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • you're 4 year old daughter is at her sister's party with 10 girls singing to Hannah Montana & she walks up to the man in charge of the music and says "I don't want to listen to this. Do you have any Pearl Jam?" :D That's my girl!
    Would she like to meet my 6 year old??
    Knows all of Backspacer by heart...
    Mine is almost there - love hearing them sing the words they "think" are the actual lyrics! Who knows - maybe they will be sitting together in 10c seats in the near future! :D She's not happy that she's not going to the Spectrum show!
    I am taking the two boys to the LA and SD shows. Only adults to the Philly shows :D
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • When you put in your vacation request form at work and your boss asks you "Where are they playing that week?" :lol: It's happened more than once for me..
  • Bump30Bump30 Posts: 446
    TW306728 wrote:

You know your a fanatic when you immediately make eye contact with anyone that utters the word Pearl Jam, PJ, or Eddie Vedder.

EXACTLY....I stop anyone I see wearing a PJ tshirt/hoodie, holding a cd, drinking from a water bottle, etc...
    Toronto - 2009
    Hartford - 2010
    Ed Solo - Hartford - 2011
    Toronto X 2, Ottawa & Hamilton - 2011
    Ed Solo - Jacksonville - 2012
    London, Pittsburgh & Buffalo - 2013
    No shows in 2014 :-(
  • bump30 wrote:
    TW306728 wrote:

You know your a fanatic when you immediately make eye contact with anyone that utters the word Pearl Jam, PJ, or Eddie Vedder.

EXACTLY....I stop anyone I see wearing a PJ tshirt/hoodie, holding a cd, drinking from a water bottle, etc...

haha whenever i hear Eddie Vedder or Pearl Jam, i turn my head as if they said my own name lol...sometimes they can say just eddie and be talking about someone completely different and i automatically assume they are talking about eddie vedder

how about when you hand in you final project for sociology class where you make a CD with songs that has to do with certain social situations, and you fill it up with nothing but PJ songs, then when you hand it to the teacher and he says "wow you must be a pearl jam nut" assume he's talking to you so you answer him, but he's talking to the girl who sits behind you that you never knew was a PJ fan (especially in modern day high schools) you two become friends but drift apart after a summer cause both of you are off to our colleges...and you plan to go to the next show they play near you together
  • When you sit here reading through everyones posts and actually do the same thing haha
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    edited September 2009
    when its 30-9-09 today exactly 3 years from your 1st pearl jam concert in Athens Greece at 30-9-06
    and all day u lishen the bootleg of the show watch the fotos and the videos u shoot that day and talk in the encore breaks with the person who was with u in the concert via phone :lol:
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Jo wrote:
    You sit here on the forums while your kids need bath/dinner/bed

and the voice behind you says "turn that shit off"...hahahahaha

just kiddin', the voice doesnt say, shit, but I'm sure it wants to
    Demented and sad, but social
    Wrigley Earthcam/Hartford 2013
  • when you're taking your 4 year old and 6 year old to school EVERY morning since Backspacer came out, and they fight over who gets to hold the lyrics booklet and who gets to pick the song. and they both know many of the songs by heart - and you want to smack yourself because you're prouder of them for this interest in PJ than you are when they get a good report at school. :0
  • when u order 6 backspacer albums..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • and when u start counting your pearl jam shirts and when u reach 134 u dont fuckin believe it couse u probably miss counting the ones that there are in your wall..
  • RGarabed21 wrote:
    ...its a toss up between making your car payment or buying tix to a show. Sorry Toyota..
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    edited September 2009
    you only buy pj cds now and itunes for everything else.

you check the back of your car to see if your pj magnet is still in place after a car wash.

you have a pj corner on your website.

the best moments in your life is when ed smiles at you from front row and when mike tosses a pic directly at you.

love it when an announcer rolls the ‘r’s in Pearl Jam.
    Post edited by blondieblue227 on
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• RGarabed21 wrote:
    ...its a toss up between making your car payment or buying tix to a show. Sorry Toyota..

and watch that toyota break down while carrying your butt to the said pj show. :lol:
    the car knows!
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• when u buy now all 4 europe shows 10c tickets the minute that comes out receive the confirmation mail and then u just take a big breath and wonder????where the hell im gonna find the money to travel in 3 different countries and 4 cities????
  • RGarabed21 wrote:

and watch that toyota break down while carrying your butt to the said pj show. :lol:
    the car knows!

Tommy if you're reading this...YOU'RE DRIVING!! :lol::lol:
    Philly 4 - 10/31/09
    Boston 1 - 05/17/10
    PruCenter - 05/18/10
    MSG 1 - 05/20/10
    MSG 2 - 05/21/10
  • Your work office has 17 framed PJ posters, 2 signed shirts, a frame-style mouse pad with a picture of you and McCready kickin' it at Starbucks in Vancouver B.C., a layout of guitar picks collected over the years, 3 PJ stickers on your office window, and a 200 disc CD player under your desk filled to the brim with PJ only.

Oh yah, and one picture of your wife and daughter.
  • joebotjoebot Posts: 372
    Your work office has 17 framed PJ posters, 2 signed shirts, a frame-style mouse pad with a picture of you and McCready kickin' it at Starbucks in Vancouver B.C., a layout of guitar picks collected over the years, 3 PJ stickers on your office window, and a 200 disc CD player under your desk filled to the brim with PJ only.

Good laugh at that one. Thanks !
  • Renee33Renee33 Posts: 128
    edited September 2009
    Your work office has 17 framed PJ posters, 2 signed shirts, a frame-style mouse pad with a picture of you and McCready kickin' it at Starbucks in Vancouver B.C., a layout of guitar picks collected over the years, 3 PJ stickers on your office window, and a 200 disc CD player under your desk filled to the brim with PJ only.

ah shit, and my wife thinks I got it bad?...

I send my kindergartner to school with pj shirts on (edit) - five days a week
    Post edited by Renee33 on
    Dancing in irreverence
  • you apologize to the band if you have to get out of the car before a song is over!

your spouse says, " so what is it that you do on that site, anyway?"

your son will dig in the hamper to wear a PJ shirt to school even if there are clean shirts in the closet!
  • ....you took most of 1998 of to follow them around the world. Never did get tired of seeing them perform night after night
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,483
    ...when you decide, on the spur of the moment, to book a flight from Sydney to Chicago just to see them at The Vic and Lollapalooza on your own. And you know being on your own doesn't matter anyway because you're never alone at a PJ show, you'll always meet some cool people!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • When are watching the Big Bang Theory and see what to you could only be the Binaural album cover but since its a show about science geniuses its probably not the actual album cover.

Or in the 10th anniversary of your first PJ show (WPB 98) you go to your 10th show (Columbia08) with a new tattoo of a roman number 10 on your back :)
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    You start plotting the demise of your friend because they have tix to all Australian concerts and you don't, and you know in the event of an 'accident', they would want you to have them. 8-)
  • This is the most awesome thread EVER!!! :D

You know you're a PJ Fanatic when... you worked for Tower Records and EVERY day you managed to get a Pearl Jam album (or 2) on the playlist.

And because after working at Tower for 2 weeks you've already become the Pearl Jam guy and now handle all the customers PJ questions.

I've also had the asking for a day off and my manager askin "Where's Pearl Jam playin?" :D

I've also only worn Pearl Jam shirts for weeks at a time ;)

Best one for me, You know you're a PJ Fanatic when... You change your whole schedule at work and take the opening shift (HATE opening, I'm a closer) so that you can get out early to get to NYC to stand ouside of the NYC Village Tower Records for over 8 hours to get free tix to a PJ secret show at Irving Plaza :D
    Oh, if I knew where it was, I would take you there, but there's much more than this.
    Ooooh. Whoooa, much more than this. Woooh see the world. Much more than... Oooh, much more than.. Why?
  • This is the most awesome thread EVER!!! :D

Thanks!! :D:D
    Glad everyones enjoying it! Im loving everybodys posts..Lets keep it going!!

You know you're a PJ Fanatic when you go to see a PJ cover band (No Code you guys f****n rock!) and you go just as crazy as you would at a real PJ show!!
    Philly 4 - 10/31/09
    Boston 1 - 05/17/10
    PruCenter - 05/18/10
    MSG 1 - 05/20/10
    MSG 2 - 05/21/10
  • damendamen Posts: 104
    ...you listen to Backspacer in its entirety on the way to work and on the way home from work EVERYDAY!!!
  • When you spend 15 minutes on your knees after the show in Portland trying to pry the pick Mike threw at you from where its stuck under the barricade while trying not to use the hand that Eddie shook...

:oops:
    Be Kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle
  • mikepmikep Posts: 290
    This thread is great....i once worked in a lab in summers and they made a funny ''you know you're a lab nerd/biochemistry nerd/ etcetc when...'' Tshirt and it was great. It might not work that easily with PJ, but i'm sure we could summarize some of these great 'things' that we all do and formulate a tshirt! wishlist foundation perhaps has the means? not sure...but i'd sure buy it!

you know you're a pj fanatic when...
    - you save all your vacation allotment in anticipation of some pj/ev tour so u can make a road trip to see them!
    - you text 20-30 people in your phone list (some who u dont often speak to) in excitment about briefly meeting eddie before a solo show, then a month later, think back fondly in spite of the $100 extra you're paying in roaming charges cause you drove down from canada. haha
    - you try to tell your non-pj friends that you've dragged to the show anything interesting about a song but quickly realize they won't care that it hasn't been played in 10 years etc.
    - you listen to 20 second snippets of new songs all day long b/c it's all you have!:)
    96-11-Tor; 03-Mont; 05,13-London;05-Kitchnr, Hamltn; 06-Deroit;08-Mont(EV); 09-Albany(EV), Philly3&4; 10,13-Buff;10-NYC, Mt View; 11-(EV) Boston,Hart,Det,PJ20,Ott,Hamltn,Winnpg,Sask,Cal,Edmntn,Van; 12-Missoula; 13-Wrigley,Pitts,Port,Spok,Cal,Van,Sea.