Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,413
    norm said:

been here for quite a while and i never thought i'd see speedy as the voice of reason lol

as SPEEDY would say...heheheheheheheehhehehehehe
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,911
    badbrains said:

RKCNDY said:

Yes Dimi, there were times when people got warnings...it was a 3 strikes you're out kind of thing. Some people even got fourth, and fifth chances.

Maybe this forum doesn't have the warning system? I think WH deserves a second chance, maybe just give her a month time out, and I'm sure she would behave when she came back. She's such a great person.

She most DEF DESERVES a second or even third chance cuz I've never seen her post anything worth banning. Even tho I know some of you think her last post was worth it.
    sometimes people have been banned for one offense if it is bad enough. it's not black and white. but calling the mods nasty names is definitely one way to do it.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192

i dont know what happened,with members .or fights ,or locked thread cos im not reading daily the forum. ,but i agree 100000% with SPEEDY
    there are rules..like it or not its how it is..
    and this place is for fun.,.
    the rules in real life out there are more cruel and more difficult to live with them
    here in the forum?its easy to understand when to stop..
    and there is a big difference be here for fun,like all of us and away different story to work at this place like admins does..
    years ago,Kat told me when i had a personal problem that we believe in second chances...
    and make me realise its nice to be nice to others here.no matter what..
    im pretty sure some members over the years who got banned had more than 2 chances to stay here..

Dimitris, you are friends with everyone. I think you know better than most people how to treat people here on the forums. This is a place where we can be serious and where we can be silly too. You are right about the rules. Even if we don't always agree with them, we make a choice whether to live with them or not.

I just hope the people I care about will keep doing that. Speedy made some excellent points in his posts. I'm sure people have reasons to be unhappy or frustrated but I'd rather see people stay and contribute than go away angry.
    you know i agree with that Carolyn ..im in the happy position to know even in person most of the people posting here..and to tell u the truth,in person some people are more sweet and kind than their post here..
    as an exable i can tell u about Badbrains..some thinks he is agressive,or very passioned or curse alot..
    i get it....but in person Nart is a fuckin great guy..someone you can count and be happy he is your friend
    and yes..everybody feels a little rebel when comes to rules..maybe helps me the fact im 23 years in Airforce and i know how to deal with rules more easy than others....
    and yes..SPEEDY nailed it..
    Dimi,
    don't give away Nart's secrets.
    whoops back on topic- i am tired of snow

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Kat said:

RKCNDY said:

Usually if it's a temporary ban, you get bars over your avatars. A permanent ban is when your avatars is changed to the red one.

The forums do not have the capability to do a timed ban so it's done with a perm ban that we have to undo manually when a time-out is up.
    Then what's with the bars? Or does that mean they have a warning?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

Yes Dimi, there were times when people got warnings...it was a 3 strikes you're out kind of thing. Some people even got fourth, and fifth chances.

Maybe this forum doesn't have the warning system? I think WH deserves a second chance, maybe just give her a month time out, and I'm sure she would behave when she came back. She's such a great person.

i agree,,and if she fucks up she always would apologize..
    im lost cos i dont know what happen in this situation..
    for sure i know i donr want to do admin job in this place..
    its madness and everyone thinks is right always..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    and some think they are immune.........
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    God damn Madrid just got super fucken lucky! Damn it!
  • Options

RKCNDY said:

I wouldn't want Kat or Sea's job either...no offence ladies, you both have a tough job.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    badbrains said:

i dont know what happened,with members .or fights ,or locked thread cos im not reading daily the forum. ,but i agree 100000% with SPEEDY
    the rules in real life out there are more cruel and more difficult to live with them
    and there is a big difference be here for fun,like all of us and away different story to work at this place like admins does..
    years ago,Kat told me when i had a personal problem that we believe in second chances...
    im pretty sure some members over the years who got banned had more than 2 chances to stay here..

Dimitris, you are friends with everyone. I think you know better than most people how to treat people here on the forums. This is a place where we can be serious and where we can be silly too. You are right about the rules. Even if we don't always agree with them, we make a choice whether to live with them or not.

I just hope the people I care about will keep doing that. Speedy made some excellent points in his posts. I'm sure people have reasons to be unhappy or frustrated but I'd rather see people stay and contribute than go away angry.
    you know i agree with that Carolyn ..im in the happy position to know even in person most of the people posting here..and to tell u the truth,in person some people are more sweet and kind than their post here..
    as an exable i can tell u about Badbrains..some thinks he is agressive,or very passioned or curse alot..
    i get it....but in person Nart is a fuckin great guy..someone you can count and be happy he is your friend
    and yes..everybody feels a little rebel when comes to rules..maybe helps me the fact im 23 years in Airforce and i know how to deal with rules more easy than others....
    Hey puta, are you watching your queens from Madrid get lucky today. Stupid Cristina got a goal. I hate Madrid!
    yep buddy..watching the match right now..15 min left..0-1 for Madrid..
    fuck Barca!
  • Options

badbrains said:

Hey puta, are you watching your queens from Madrid get lucky today. Stupid Cristina got a goal. I hate Madrid!
    fuck Barca!
    Your boy casillas got super lucky
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

I wouldn't want Kat or Sea's job either...no offence ladies, you both have a tough job.
    I'd work for PJ any day of the week.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    badbrains said:

badbrains said:

fuck Barca!
    true..what do u think of the pink shirts today???hahahahah
  • Options
    0-2..awesome Goal....:)
  • Options
    edited February 2015

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

fuck Barca!
    OMG I was just gonna ask you that! Hahaha, how about the black jersey with the dragon. Fuck you guys scored again. Fuck madrid
  • Options

sometimes people have been banned for one offense if it is bad enough. it's not black and white. but calling the mods nasty names is definitely one way to do it.

I realize that, but I've seen much worse...

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

Could you book a show in Pennsylvania if you start booking shows for them? We miss the band
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    badbrains said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

fuck Barca!
    OMG I was just gonna ask you that! Hahaha, how about the black jersey with the dragon. Fuck you guys scored again. Fuck madrid
    they look like barbies...hahahhaa
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,776
    RKCNDY said:

Kat said:

RKCNDY said:

Usually if it's a temporary ban, you get bars over your avatars. A permanent ban is when your avatars is changed to the red one.

The forums do not have the capability to do a timed ban so it's done with a perm ban that we have to undo manually when a time-out is up.
    Then what's with the bars? Or does that mean they have a warning?
    On a major warning, the bars go up. It goes by points that it keeps track of with warnings. As previously posted, when the board change came, we requested no bars or banning avatars and were told it couldn't be removed from the system so please don't do anything that would get those avatars.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options

I don't she did anything intentionally with malice. She is an animal person. She was peeved, and giving an example, and that is where her mind naturally goes.
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options

RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

Could you book a show in Pennsylvania if you start booking shows for them? We miss the band
    Ya, it's been a while no doubt
  • Options

RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

me too,but for the rest the 2 ladies do for the band..not the admin of the forum...
    and now things are smooth..in the past was an endless war daily..especially at AMT forum
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Maybe I'll have my car back from the mechanic tomorrow. Maybe.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options

RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

no. I'd be using all my time for booking a show in Gimli for the 30th anniversary of Sunfest in 2023.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    SD48277 said:

Damn, that's terrible. Good luck with that.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    badbrains said:

RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

If they ever play Hershey again (not likely), I have a room for you
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    any of u thinking SA shows late this year?
    im in this time..if our economy dont get destroyed the next days..lol
  • Options

RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

I would too, but babysitting adults is where I draw the line. :D

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    badbrains said:

SD48277 said:

Damn, that's terrible. Good luck with that.
    Thank you.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options

badbrains said:

RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

If they ever play Hershey again (not likely), I have a room for you
    I had a blast at that hershey show! Mosquito bite titties hahaha. Thanks empty, let's hope they play hershey!
  • Options

I don't she did anything intentionally with malice. She is an animal person. She was peeved, and giving an example, and that is where her mind naturally goes.

this isn't an example, it's a direct comparison:

"But when the ones upholding the rules get like old weaning hounds..."

either way, many have come and gone (i've been close to gone a couple times myself), everyone will get over it.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com