HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,870
    cornholio
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    edited February 2015
    lolobugg said:

Kat, There has definitely been some people on here baiting BB and Last12Exit. They have been quoting them and making it look like they are calling other people "assholes"

^^^This for sure, there have been quotes that have been used out of context...just like that "fun with quotes thread".
    badbrains said:

I'm not someone who backtracks or hides. I stand by my shit. If I fuck up, I own up to it. I'm not a little boy, who needs a time-out or scolding. Respect is a good thing. People should practice it more, including myself.

I already have a lot of respect for people who own up to their mistakes, it shows they have more respect for other people than their own ego...yes, more people need to learn that.

Post edited by RKCNDY on
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,811
    lolobugg said:

badbrains said:

I seriously doubt my friend Scott reported me calling him an asshole. He's the only one I called asshole because he told me he's an asshole. I don't understand it. So it couldn't have been Scott and he's the only one I call an asshole. And I would NEVER report anyone calling me an asshole so you lost me on why I'm getting a pm telling me to stop calling people assholes when the only person I called asshole was Scott and I stopped after my scolding pm I received for it.

Kat, There has definitely been some people on here baiting BB and Last12Exit. They have been quoting them and making it look like they are calling other people "assholes". but I think these two use it as a term of endearment for each other. both of these are stand- up guys. not that my vouching for them means 2 shits but I thought you should know.
    Both of these times a thousand!

Honestly you get more leeway around here if stalk and harass other members than if you joke with friends.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I thought you couldn't post if you got a ' time out'...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

I thought you couldn't post if you got a ' time out'...

I am wondering that too.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,553
    ''One day is fine, the next is black''
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Too much shit on my mind that I can't fucken sleep. This sux
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Clearly I missed something...
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,269
    1st page warning thread
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Aren't children supposed to be in school by now? The fucking racket coming from upstairs is killing me.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    I am
    For the first time in 19 years... Ok twice.. (I forgot about Boston Lou)... For the SECOND time in 19 years, really confused by the Mods' " disciplinary" actions.. I HIGHLY doubt that it was Last 12, that reported BB. They're friends.. Good friends that actually respect and like one another.. Yeah they call each other Asshole.. So what?? I call my female friends bitches.. I call my male friends fuckers.. People that are my actual friends know I mean these things without malice, or disdain. I have always thought BB and Last 12, had that amongst themselves as well. As for the other person involved in this shitstorm, of bullshit... I personally have had no issues with this person.. But this person DOES seem to have an issue with BB and Last 12... And in your reviews Mods.. You two ought to run piece by piece.. ( it's your job, do it right..) and find all the overlaps of quotes that have been used to goad, irritate, antagonize, and bait the other two posters.. I'd have sent this in a PM.. But I'm too pissed off for that.. , ( BB AND LAST 12 DO NOT DESERVE TO BE SHIT ON LIKE THAT.) ps if you ban them.. Might as well ban me too.. Cause I'm gonna fucking kick and raise hell if they get banned over this stupid shit.. Done ranting..
  • Options

I am
    For the first time in 19 years... Ok twice.. (I forgot about Boston Lou)... For the SECOND time in 19 years, really confused by the Mods' " disciplinary" actions.. I HIGHLY doubt that it was Last 12, that reported BB. They're friends.. Good friends that actually respect and like one another.. Yeah they call each other Asshole.. So what?? I call my female friends bitches.. I call my male friends fuckers.. People that are my actual friends know I mean these things without malice, or disdain. I have always thought BB and Last 12, had that amongst themselves as well. As for the other person involved in this shitstorm, of bullshit... I personally have had no issues with this person.. But this person DOES seem to have an issue with BB and Last 12... And in your reviews Mods.. You two ought to run piece by piece.. ( it's your job, do it right..) and find all the overlaps of quotes that have been used to goad, irritate, antagonize, and bait the other two posters.. I'd have sent this in a PM.. But I'm too pissed off for that.. , ( BB AND LAST 12 DO NOT DESERVE TO BE SHIT ON LIKE THAT.) ps if you ban them.. Might as well ban me too.. Cause I'm gonna fucking kick and raise hell if they get banned over this stupid shit.. Done ranting..

Personally, I think a few of you here are taking these forums WAY TOO SERIOUS.

There are a few people here who need to take a step back, take a deep breath, and realize this place is not all that important. A few people need to realize that this place is meant to be FUN. Plus they also need to realize that a LIFETIME ban, is just THAT! A lifetime ban.

A few people here need to realize that sometimes its easier to just "suck it up" and play by the rules. No matter how much you disagree with the rules.

Trust me, I have been there, done that.
    Its just easier to take a step back, and play by the rules.

A lifetime ban, is a LIFETIME BAN.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Plz guys, don't get yourselves banned on our behalf(whispiring hands) that means you. I appreciate the awesome fucken words on my behalf, but this place is for you. I'd rather just walk away then have anyone get banned on my behalf. Much appreciative of the gesture, no doubt. Scott, you caused a shitload of trouble, gonna send you a pm of your word of the day. Haha
  • Options
    And I made my peace with PjFan in private. Now I'm letting everyone know in public. So all is good with me. Hope those 2 can do the same.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    edited February 2015
    badbrains said:

And I made my peace with PjFan in private. Now I'm letting everyone know in public. So all is good with me. Hope those 2 can do the same.

:peace:
    glad to hear it.
    good for you guys.

Kat, any chance we can get the "This Place is Dead..." thread reopened?
    :i_dunno:
    Post edited by lolobugg on

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options

I am

There are a few people here who need to take a step back, take a deep breath, and realize this place is not all that important. A few people need to realize that this place is meant to be FUN. Plus they also need to realize that a LIFETIME ban, is just THAT! A lifetime ban.

A few people here need to realize that sometimes its easier to just "suck it up" and play by the rules. No matter how much you disagree with the rules.

True.. But if we have to pussy foot around rules, and get scolded like children.. Is that fun? As for taking it too seriously.. Yes I do sometimes. A lot of times. This is my online sanctuary.. It's the only place I can come to, to enjoy the company of fellow PJ fanatics, who get my crazy love for this band. It used to be.. We were allowed to defend one another, but then that got taken as it was a clique.. Etc, and so on.. Now I have no problem
    With rules.. They are necessary.. Especially here.. You want to see the difference go check out the raging shitstorm of assholery, and fuckery going on on the FB10c groups.. THAT is why we need the rules and posting guidelines. But when the ones upholding the rules get like old weaning hounds, it gets rediculous. There's two reasons you retire breeding bitches, or mares.. One their bodies are detrimentally affected by the co site cy of breeding, and they can no longer carry. BUT some are retired earlier, at viable age, because the weaning aspect gets to them psychologically, and they begin to get harsher and harsher with their offspring. They bite, and attack, they curl up and defend their bellies, fiercely. ( those teeth suck I imagine for dogs!!) and horses Are born with milk teeth, so they gnaw to pull milk.. That gas to hurt eventually.. I think sometimes lately.. That maybe the mods are sick of their jobs?? Maybe it's wearing in last nerves? Who knows, all I know is people are getting banned for being themselves, having fun.. Or just getting harassed and having to defend themselves. Which is stupid. It's the motherfucking Internet.. Don't like it, click that little x up top.. Anyhow.. It's getting crazy ridiculous with the bans.. Was my point.
  • Options
    badbrains said:

This is nice to read..
    You other two??? Peace love and Pearl Jam?? Or at least peace?
  • Options

I am

True.. But if we have to pussy foot around rules, and get scolded like children.. Is that fun? As for taking it too seriously.. Yes I do sometimes. A lot of times. This is my online sanctuary.. It's the only place I can come to, to enjoy the company of fellow PJ fanatics, who get my crazy love for this band. It used to be.. We were allowed to defend one another, but then that got taken as it was a clique.. Etc, and so on.. Now I have no problem
    With rules.. They are necessary.. Especially here.. You want to see the difference go check out the raging shitstorm of assholery, and fuckery going on on the FB10c groups.. THAT is why we need the rules and posting guidelines. But when the ones upholding the rules get like old weaning hounds, it gets rediculous. There's two reasons you retire breeding bitches, or mares.. One their bodies are detrimentally affected by the co site cy of breeding, and they can no longer carry. BUT some are retired earlier, at viable age, because the weaning aspect gets to them psychologically, and they begin to get harsher and harsher with their offspring. They bite, and attack, they curl up and defend their bellies, fiercely. ( those teeth suck I imagine for dogs!!) and horses Are born with milk teeth, so they gnaw to pull milk.. That gas to hurt eventually.. I think sometimes lately.. That maybe the mods are sick of their jobs?? Maybe it's wearing in last nerves? Who knows, all I know is people are getting banned for being themselves, having fun.. Or just getting harassed and having to defend themselves. Which is stupid. It's the motherfucking Internet.. Don't like it, click that little x up top.. Anyhow.. It's getting crazy ridiculous with the bans.. Was my point.
    People get banned because they cant seem to follow the rules.
    This board is not what it was 7-10 years ago.
    Everybody can see that.
    The board has changed, the mods have changed, everything has changed. This place will NEVER be what it was 7-10 years ago. That said, I think people have to take this board for what it is, and just play by the rules. Im sure there are a few people scratching their heads, and cant believe that SPEEDY is saying this. But the fact is, for me anyway, this is my ONLY source of "internet play" or social media, or whatever the fuck it is called. This place was my 1st and only place where I come to talk, chat, discuss music, etc. Back in the day this place was fucking GREAT! But those days are LONG GONE, and now this is what we have.

That said, it is still the only place I talk, chat, etc. on the internet. I would NOT want to lose this place for whatever reason. Its easier for me to just step back and play by the rules.

I can list a whole bunch of people who used to be here, who couldn't except the "New Board". For some reason they couldn't just play by the rules. After many, many warnings they just couldn't stop themselves. Now those same people are all on Facebook bad rapping this place, but wishing they had just maybe taken a step back, and kept their mouths shut. A lifetime ban, is a LIFETIME BAN!

But to each their own.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    I agree 100% with YA SPEEDY. Just am
    Confused.. Anyhow.. As for here. It too is my only social media outlet.. It was the fiftieth online home.. But the last for sure.. I don't do Twitter, or FB, or any of those others.. Too much negative and just ridiculous crap.. But you're right.. It is what it is here..
  • Options

I agree 100% with YA SPEEDY. Just am
    Confused.. Anyhow.. As for here. It too is my only social media outlet.. It was the fiftieth online home.. But the last for sure.. I don't do Twitter, or FB, or any of those others.. Too much negative and just ridiculous crap.. But you're right.. It is what it is here..

whisperinghands -- don't you dare go anywhere. This is the only place I can find you. Don't make me drag my sorry ass all the way down south, but I will if I have to. ;))
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,774
    Closed for review.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    The fact that someone would think it's appropriate to compare Admins to breeding bitches or mares speaks more to a problem with how they view the word respect. See the first Posting Guideline. At no point have we ever talked to anyone like this. We would have to ban ourselves if we did. We respect privacy and so we don't discuss members with other members. There can be a long history that you are unaware of  - that's something to keep in mind.

What should be considered in the discussion of the forums is that it's a place where all kinds of people come together because they love this band and their music. It's not only for YOUR (meaning a single person) sensibilities and preferences. It's for everyone's, sometimes worldwide, and there are some common sense rules that everyone follows. The guidelines aren't just for some people, they are for everyone. Another sign of respect for each other is not derailing topic integrity - not everyone appreciates having to scroll through pages of banter between a group of friends that has nothing to do with the topic and can be discussed in PM by adding each other to the private conversation.

When we contact someone about a rule or guideline, we explain it as clearly as possible so there will not be any misunderstandings about what the problem was. We're sorry if someone feels like they were spoken to as a child but that would never be what was intended because that's not how we feel about you. 

All anyone has to do is follow the Posting Guidelines and listen to the guidance from any mod or admin about posting in these forums. It’s about being respectful of each other and to each other while we appreciate our favorite band.

Respectfully,
    Admins

This thread will be reopened for now.

• Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Kat said:

The fact that someone would think it's appropriate to compare Admins to breeding bitches or mares speaks more to a problem with how they view the word respect. See the first Posting Guideline. At no point have we ever talked to anyone like this. We would have to ban ourselves if we did. We respect privacy and so we don't discuss members with other members. There can be a long history that you are unaware of  - that's something to keep in mind.

What should be considered in the discussion of the forums is that it's a place where all kinds of people come together because they love this band and their music. It's not only for YOUR (meaning a single person) sensibilities and preferences. It's for everyone's, sometimes worldwide, and there are some common sense rules that everyone follows. The guidelines aren't just for some people, they are for everyone. Another sign of respect for each other is not derailing topic integrity - not everyone appreciates having to scroll through pages of banter between a group of friends that has nothing to do with the topic and can be discussed in PM by adding each other to the private conversation.

When we contact someone about a rule or guideline, we explain it as clearly as possible so there will not be any misunderstandings about what the problem was. We're sorry if someone feels like they were spoken to as a child but that would never be what was intended because that's not how we feel about you. 

All anyone has to do is follow the Posting Guidelines and listen to the guidance from any mod or admin about posting in these forums. It’s about being respectful of each other and to each other while we appreciate our favorite band.

Respectfully,
    Admins

This thread will be reopened for now.

Thanks for the clarity and thanks for reopening this thread.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Kat said:

There can be a long history that you are unaware of  - that's something to keep in mind.

I'll be honest, this is something that I don't think about sometimes or think about after I hit - post comment.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,870
    wow!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Kat said:

There can be a long history that you are unaware of  - that's something to keep in mind.

I'll be honest, this is something that I don't think about sometimes or think about after I hit - post comment.
    good point...
    Kat, I would just ask that if we start a thread about random stuff, as long as we don't offend anyone...
    is that ok? it's all encompassing, ya know.
    none of these guys/gals on here have malicious intent.
    we treat this forum as about "OTHER" topics.
    I post more on the PJ forum but do enjoy posting on here too.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Unbelievable
  • Options
    lolobugg said:

Kat said:

good point...
    Kat, I would just ask that if we start a thread about random stuff, as long as we don't offend anyone...
    I think you meant you post on Porch? When we created this forum it was with this intent which is at the top of the AET page:

All Encompassing Trip
    Movies, Sports, TV, Books, Games, Career, Travel, non-Pearl Jam topics (not a chat room)

The not a chat-room part was to avoid it becoming too cliquey because there was a problem with people feeling left out and there were hurt feelings and so we tried to avoid all that moving forward. PM chat threads can help that. This forum is for just about every good topic that isn't Pearl Jam (except for news/politics/activism, which go in A Moving Train).
    We hope that helps. Stay warm

• Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Sadness is on my mind right now
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Kat said:

lolobugg said:

Kat said:

good point...
    I think you meant you post on Porch? When we created this forum it was with this intent which is at the top of the AET page:

All Encompassing Trip
    Movies, Sports, TV, Books, Games, Career, Travel, non-Pearl Jam topics (not a chat room)

The not a chat-room part was to avoid it becoming too cliquey because there was a problem with people feeling left out and there were hurt feelings and so we tried to avoid all that moving forward. PM chat threads can help that. This forum is for just about every good topic that isn't Pearl Jam (except for news/politics/activism, which go in A Moving Train).
    We hope that helps. Stay warm

Ok, thanks.
    I am "newer" to the boards.... don't know the history.
    alright.. anyone wanna chat? PM me. :hang_loose:

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore